Author Topic: They wore the jersey..they could have been legend..  (Read 22429 times)

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: They wore the jersey..they could have been legend..
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:14 am »
My vote goes to Stan Collymore, what a waste. That partnership with Fowler had so much potential. 
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2012, 06:36:18 am »
Who doesnt think Garry Mac is a LFC legend? We still sing his name

So he is a legend but Alonso isn't?  Or Babbel who was also a key part of the treble that Gary Mc played in?! 

People in this thread are suggesting Alonso and Babbel aren't legends, so I think if they aren't then Gary Mc isn't either.

I love all three, but I guess it depends on the definition of legend.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #242 on: March 2, 2012, 03:37:04 pm »
Collymore and Torres.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #243 on: March 2, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »
Don't want to put a cat amongst pigeons, but. IF. If Torres was to return to Anfield and play the remainder of his career at Liverpool like he did in his first three seasons. Would he be considered an Anfield legend?
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: March 2, 2012, 10:38:52 pm »
Don't want to put a cat amongst pigeons, but. IF. If Torres was to return to Anfield and play the remainder of his career at Liverpool like he did in his first three seasons. Would he be considered an Anfield legend?
If he was interested in being an Anfield legend I think he would have stayed and given things a chance, like Reina did. I reckon being an Anfield legend is not on his list of priorities and we don't mean that much to him. He has moved on, he won't be back. We've moved on and I don't think we want him back.

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: March 2, 2012, 10:40:43 pm »
For my first post...so dont bite my head off....from years ago Bobby Graham scored so many goals in one season before I think he broke his ankle? Im sure some of the older guys on here will know the story and more recent Rob Jones..once again injury stopped this brilliant player from leaving us saying.gary who??(neville). More up to date Chris Kirkland..so much talent the build and everything you need except a body!!

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 2, 2012, 10:54:52 pm »

He wouldn't do as well as he did. He's past it.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #247 on: March 2, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »
Jari Litmanen. One of the most gifted players ever to wear a Liverpool shirt, and criminally underplayed.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #248 on: March 2, 2012, 10:58:23 pm »
Mash. He was amazing, and if he stayed here he has the sort of heart and fight on the field that every fan loves.

Torres aswell, he was already a legend but then what he did erased it all. If he had stayed through the dark days till the end, he would have been an even bigger legend.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: March 2, 2012, 11:00:27 pm »
 Yes there had to be some sort of agenda there as your right he hardly played. Possibly a bit light weight for EPL but he was a hell of a footballer. Thats Litamen not mash
« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 11:01:59 pm by NigelManx »

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 2, 2012, 11:02:48 pm »
Titi Camara

Rigobert Song - Strange one, such a great player, probably another we got too late, as he has a real passion
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #251 on: March 2, 2012, 11:12:20 pm »
Stevie Mac could have been a legend but the blue in him resurfaced and he pissed off to Spain on a Bosman.

Offline himynameisntmark

• itsalgernonmuckbucketjuniorthethird
  • Kopite
« Reply #252 on: March 2, 2012, 11:13:56 pm »
Titi Camara

Rigobert Song - Strange one, such a great player, probably another we got too late, as he has a real passion

I thought we bought Song when he was about 20/21?

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #253 on: March 3, 2012, 01:30:08 am »
Would love to have seen what an injury free Harry Kewell could have done...
Yeah as an Aussie, it breaks my heart it didn't work out for him.I know theres people that dont buy the fact he was injured.
Here in oz they showed video of him getting his groin fixed in surgey if you saw the condition of a tendon, the doctor was shocked, it was completely dead, I'll see if I can find the video, perhaps it'll show those that believe he had no figh (bottle in yor parts).It's a very interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk2fWT6dCdE

here it is, its not the full video I was referring to at 6.37 he referrs to the tendon I was speaking of, in the video I saw which was shown on a different program, they actually showed the whole tendon, the doc is referring to as being hard, it was completely dead or if not dead  looked more like a piece of plastc than a human body part, it was ruined. I'll try to find the full vesion, to illusrate just how fucked Harry's groin was/ is. One thing I will say about Harry is that he reeinvented his game, to allow his body to not over extend itself like it would've if he were to continue playing the way he played at Leeds foe example and here.  The fans at Galatasaray loved him, something that wasn't the case here except hat one season where he played almost everygame and played a modified game alien to the Leeds versionb of Harry.

It's something I hope and believe Gerrard will need to do if he wants to be effective, just because you change your game doesnt mean you can't be effective. I have no doubt Gerrard could play a game like Pirlo, even our Xabi.I don't see him having a successful time playing of the striker, at his age and the player he is he needs to be involved, playing of the striker can mean having nothing to do at all for the majority of the game, then a ball comes to him, he plays it perfectly, goal scored. He's at an age where he needs to be involved, keeping his fitness up, it's a role I like to see him play in 3-5yrs time when the legs aren't what the used to be, but the technique is still there and he has a Bellamy or Torres, in front of him. I belive the Pirlo role is a great option, right mid/ wing is another, with a licence to drift centrally or swap to the left to confuse the opposition defence.

Will he want to play the Pirlo role? If he put's the team first before his ego, he mabe able to create a whole new generation of fans, who saw Gerrard as a player who made the team tick, because those thunderbolts from outside the box aren't going to be a feature of a player whose suffered groin injuries, nor is that burst of past.Yes we'll see it every now and then, I believe but, hopefully in a new role, being the conductor, he has the skill, but does he have the will, the want and the understanding that this could be what is best not only for the team but for himself. Time will tell how Kenny chooses to use him, he's our Scholes our Gigs, fantastic players that the Ferguson has chosen to keep around the club and side, for there professionalism, but mainly for there footballing abilities.Make no mistake, they've made adjustments to there games, but one thing Gerrard has over them is he is able to be world class in a number of positions, something those two can't, we as a club must utilise this.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2012, 02:05:50 am by Endoe »

Offline LS7Leo

• Anny Roader
  • KAWK > RAWK
« Reply #254 on: March 3, 2012, 01:32:36 am »
Owen, Torres, Riise maybe?

I'd probably say Riise is a legend imo
JFT96

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #255 on: March 3, 2012, 02:01:20 am »
I'd probably say Riise is a legend imo
He's far more of a legend than the other two,  who threw away any legacy they could of had at this club.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #256 on: March 3, 2012, 02:09:59 am »

nah, more like 30/31! Shame though, cos I do think he could have been very good for us had we got him earlier, just like Litmanen - he could have been our Bergkamp type player but sadly we got him after too many injuries and too many seasons on Barca's bench.
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #257 on: March 3, 2012, 02:24:38 am »
Wasn't the only striker at the club is all I'll say. I wouldn't have argued with him selling Bellamy at the time over Kuyt or Crouch, but I guess that says something for what Rafa managed to get out of Bellamy.

Also, people always say we got rid of him for Torres. You can equally say we got rid of Bellamy and brought in Ryan Babel. Just sayin'...

Obviously, I can't read rafa's mind on the subject but i suspect it's more complicated than saying we could've sold this player or that player instead of bellamy - ie, length of remaining contract, money we'd generate etc

Other factors taken into consideration could be how the new player would fit into the team of current players - bellamy and torres both being strikers who were speed merchant (to a lesser or greater degree), willingness to sit on the bench if need be etc

There's loads of factors we just won't know, all i do know is that rafa has always maintained he didn't want to get rid of bellamy but was a necessity to bring in torres.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 3, 2012, 02:32:50 am »

Yes you're right, left when 24.

Could've been a really great player for years though, did very well internationally and much loved at Galatasaray after us
A win for the Liverpool country