Author Topic: We Need To Talk About Touting  (Read 12337 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
We Need To Talk About Touting
« on: November 16, 2016, 05:53:56 pm »
We should have this discussion in another thread, but RAWK is very much against touting, might be an interesting discussion.

Any of us who have ever tried to buy a ticket know that to do so is a mammoth task, not helped by those who buy tickets with the intention of passing them on for profit.

Any of us who have ever been outside Anfield before a game know that sales go on, cash for membership card/paper ticket, above face value and no idea if they're even real.

Any of us who has ever been in the ground know that there's a fella sat a few next to you who spent £200 on his ticket from a website. He's got a ST Card and is asking the steward where his goddam seat is.

The questions for me are:

Is it a problem?
What do the club do about it?
What do the supporters groups and Unions (both LFC and general) think about it/do about it?
What can we the fanbase do about it?
Can we create something to take forward, and get other fans involved? If it takes a few hundred touts out of the equation, it's done a bloody good job.

Note from the mods: DO NOT LINK TO SITES SHOWING TOUTED TICKETS. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:25:27 am by Rhi »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
Re: We Need To Talk About Touting
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »
I'm not sure I understand how the touting goes on at the moment if it is people handing over members cards that should be easy to catch and confiscating the entire rest of the season would be a massive financial loss for touts.
If the club are issuing paper tickets as replacements these should still be able to be tracked to a members card / season ticket and should have the members name printed on them.

If the club announced a full ticket inspection requiring ID to prove you are the member who purchased the ticket before the next home game they could catch loads of tickets that have been touted, and any members tickets that were not used for the game could be put on a watch list of potential touting with stewards checking before games.

Despite being part of the problem I would let people who have got these tickets attend that game but confiscate / band members cards.

I think one of the issues regarding people in the ground not knowing where their seats are comes for the way the club re-sell's season tickets, I remember a small argument on the kop last season over someone being in the wrong seat as that was his mate's season ticket seat and it took a steward to come over and check it was correct.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:37:52 pm »
Any of us who have ever tried to buy a ticket know that to do so is a mammoth task, not helped by those who buy tickets with the intention of passing them on for profit.

Any of us who have ever been outside Anfield before a game know that sales go on, cash for membership card/paper ticket, above face value and no idea if they're even real.

Any of us who has ever been in the ground know that there's a fella sat a few next to you who spent £200 on his ticket from a website. He's got a ST Card and is asking the steward where his goddam seat is.

The questions for me are:

Is it a problem?
What do the club do about it?
What do the supporters groups and Unions (both LFC and general) think about it/do about it?
What can we the fanbase do about it?
Can we create something to take forward, and get other fans involved? If it takes a few hundred touts out of the equation, it's done a bloody good job.

Think it's definitely a problem, mainly to atmosphere and people who genuinely want to get to games end up missing out as the main two problems I can think of.
Not sure if the club could stop it as I think it happens on a relatively large scale?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:54:15 pm »
I'm not sure I understand how the touting goes on at the moment if it is people handing over members cards that should be easy to catch and confiscating the entire rest of the season would be a massive financial loss for touts.
If the club are issuing paper tickets as replacements these should still be able to be tracked to a members card / season ticket and should have the members name printed on them.

If the club announced a full ticket inspection requiring ID to prove you are the member who purchased the ticket before the next home game they could catch loads of tickets that have been touted, and any members tickets that were not used for the game could be put on a watch list of potential touting with stewards checking before games.

Despite being part of the problem I would let people who have got these tickets attend that game but confiscate / band members cards.

I think one of the issues regarding people in the ground not knowing where their seats are comes for the way the club re-sell's season tickets, I remember a small argument on the kop last season over someone being in the wrong seat as that was his mate's season ticket seat and it took a steward to come over and check it was correct.

The full ID would catch touted tickets but also people sorted on the exchange on here, lads going on their dad's  membership and other legitimate reasons for not having your name on the card. I've seen ads for touted cards and they provide a covering letter so you might end up punishing the wrong people.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
is it a problem? possibly, I heard that united tickets were going outside the ground for £500, if somebody had of offerd me that I'd have happily sold it.
                       I don't actually feel that buying tickets for games is as difficult as people make out.  if you want one, by various means apart from touts you can  get one. (barring the obvious games)

the club could do a lot about it if they wanted,  that's if they wanted.

the guy whos just next to me whos just spent £200 is the problem, not the touts. 

as a question, how many tickets do you think are being touted? really, is it enough to make a considerable impact on ticket sales?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »
The club could easily take measures to cut out a lot of it if they wanted

-take anybody's season ticket off them when they go up to a steward and ask where their seat is
-stand around the Albert etc before the game and just look at the people openly touting
-agree to buy some off the internet then ban them when they meet up

There's 3 things they could do tomorrow without any fuss but they don't want to, because the lad who spends £200 on a ticket is more likely to spend £200 in the club store and a further £15 on food and drink inside the ground
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »
Is it a problem? Yes absolutely. Even the club know that, Ian Ayre saying approx 30% of away tickets are touted testifies to that.

What do the club do about it? Very little it seems. Focus seems to be more on spot checks and confiscating cards from easy targets (who have passed on for face value, or are using concession pricing they are not entitled to) as opposed to dealing with people openly selling for vastly inflated prices.

The club need to clarify their aims here. Last season the head steward who works outside the ticket office before kick off (Tony) helped me get rid of a spare for the Watford game. All stewards there are quite happy to assist anyone looking to offload a spare and pair them with anyone looking for a spare. They always ask you to scan card with the fan support team to verify there is a ticket on the card. So all these spot checks and confiscating cards if the name on card isn't the person using it seem bizarre. Personally I don't think the club have the balls to deal with the people outside the Albert etc.

However there was one time one of my cards got banned after Sheffield United at home in February 2007. I let a friend use one of my cards as he needed a few for a mate of his. He then passed it on to said mate, along with a few other tickets (4 in total). A couple of weeks later a letter arrives from the club saying there is evidence this ticket was touted and my fancard was banned along with the other 3. It turns out my friend's so called mate sold them to some Irish agency and the buyer complained to the club. This was back in the day of paper tickets and the fancard number was on the ticket. So pretty easy to identify and investigate. After writing to the club, all 4 fancards were unblocked as none of the fancard holders had acted with bad intentions and were unaware of what was going to happen.

Back then there used to be something on the tickets about only passing on for 'face value plus pro rated administration cost'. So face value plus booking fees/postage etc. Now members cards quite simply state it can only be used by the registered holder, so a similar scenario today would likely result in permanent loss of membership and it would not be reinstated. However with people asking for deposits for cards and collecting either inside the ground or straight after the game, and not having a paper ticket to report/send to the club as evidence, it is much harder to obtain categoric proof of touting for a club investigation. Cards were brought in to help reduce touting, however in some ways they make it easier.

What do supporters groups and unions think about it/do about it? I spoke to Jay Mckenna outside the HJC the other week and he said SOS have asked the club to clarify policy on passing cards to friends/family at face value etc in light of these spot checks. He also said they have told the club that they should focus more on touting/selling for profit and try to clamp down on that as opposed to targeting face value exchanges between friends and family.

As for the Supporters Committee and any other groups, I am not sure what their stance is. However I would guess it would be similar to the above.

What can we the fanbase do about it? Tickets could be bought from sites if people chipped in and then reported. However even that is not firm evidence. People can argue that they sold it to a friend at face value and then they listed it for sale at a profit. Also a lot of these sites act as a middle man so there is no proof of postage from the site/agency as evidence to prove purchase from there and directly link it to the person selling for money. Not saying it can't be tried, but it isn't as easy to definitively prove as people think.

However it isn't a court of law and the standard of proof required by LFC to suspend a membership does not have to match the 'beyond reasonable doubt' standard of a criminal court.

However, those dumb enough to post on craigslist or gumtree etc with screenshots of seat numbers/barcodes/membership numbers on the advert can easily he reported. However for most of these adverts, people are smart enough to blank out any unique identifiable information on the cards/tickets/purchase emails. If they do leave any information on and have advertised a price clearly way above face value, then that is fairly easy to report and investigate if a few screenshots are taken and emailed to the club.

I find that this occurs more when we are playing well/make a final. Perhaps people who don't normally sell see a chance for a quick profit on Wembley/Basel tickets etc and don't take the same precautions as a 'professional'. Something to look out for if we make Wembley/are still challenging at the top come the business end of the season.

Can we create something to take forward and get other fans involved? I guess so but I am not exactly sure what. According to Jay Mckenna the club will do another season ticket amnesty in the near future and after that spot checks will result in suspension of season tickets or membership. If that is the case then surely the club would do something about sales for profit too, and ideally focus on that as a priority.

The only way to really tackle it properly is to tackle credit hunting too. And how practical is it to spot check loads of people every game? The reason I say that is because most touts have a trusted list of clients/regular punters who are happy to pay and will not report to the club or whatever. So only by doing spot checks can things be investigated and cards monitored to see if there are different people using them each game. It is breaking in to these circles that is the most challenging hurdle. Also a lot of the ones outside the Albert etc have a lot of back up, so it is dangerous trying to confront them or buying from them and not returning cards etc.

In summary, yes things can be done. But it isn't so straight forward and most of the people who are regularly selling for profit are pretty wise to anyone who is trying to get them done. Doesn't mean it is impossible however. As for the occasional sellers who see a big pay day for Wembley/Basel etc and enter the ballot with no intention of going if successful, they often slip up more and can be caught as discussed above. It will never completely go away, demand exceeds supply and it is as simple as that. Although for aways they could ask 10% of people to collect at home stadium on day. Something similar to Man U. Not as draconian with the sanctions however, as plenty of people genuinely can't go or pass on spares for face or even let someone else use their card for all aways. But certainly something to think about.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 07:38:17 pm »

-take anybody's season ticket off them when they go up to a steward and ask where their seat is
-stand around the Albert etc before the game and just look at the people openly touting

There's 3 things they could do tomorrow without any fuss but they don't want to, because the lad who spends £200 on a ticket is more likely to spend £200 in the club store and a further £15 on food and drink inside the ground
Bingo! Which is why the club gets nothing from me except the ST money each year. Fuck em!

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 07:41:01 pm »
In reponse to other's posts, a full ID check is not possible and would penalise good honest exchanges like the one run on this site.

The temptation to sell for a massive profit for one game is there for anyone, it is human nature. If someone offers you £500 for one league game, or near £1000 for a final (I saw this happen at League Cup final 2003. A guy was going up to people saying he will give them £800 for a ticket) then we would all be tempted. A family holiday paid for, next season's season ticket or whatever. I know a few West Ham fans who have said if Liverpool can win the league there second to last game they will gladly sell and get next season's season ticket effectively free. I get why all this upsets people, but when I hear all these people taking the moral high ground it pisses me off. Human nature as I say, tempting for everyone. I even heard someome say the other week that he thinks touts are as bad as paedos. I mean seriously?! In that case so are London landlords and countless others who exploit demand and supply imbalance for personal profit/gain. Lets keep a sense of perspective here. Not defending it, but people need to stop overreacting. A lot of touts pay over face value themselves for all sorts of sports and non sports events. They put in a lot of hours and do it to put food on the table and pay bills in most cases. So while it would be of benefit to our wider fan base to try and tackle touting, people need to stop with the grossly exaggerated comments that they are as bad as paedophiles etc.

I also agree that some people who complain about touts and prices when we are playing well have this misplaced sense of entitlement. Go the games, you get a ticket for the most part. Just 2 credits got you sorted for Wembley last season. So moaning that tickets are being sold for £400 and it is a disgrace doesn't quite wash when you could have just gone to Carlisle and Bournemouth and qualified yourself. Couldn't afford those but can afford £90 a ticket plus trains for Wembley and beer/hotels etc? Piss off. These people who think they deserve a face value ticket for big games which they could easily have got themselves piss me off more to be honest. Like all those who 'couldn't be arsed with the Europa League' but suddenly fancied it when we got Man U and Dortmund. Go just 1 group game and you were sorted for both. So don't then moan about touts and silly prices being charged. If you only want to go big games you don't deserve a ticket at all, and if you do really want one you definitely can't expect one for face value!

The club are probably turning a blind eye to some of it as Croaby Wych rightly points out. People paying big money to touts also spend big money in club shop/boot room. It is good PR to be seen to be doing something about it. But eradicating it completely is not in the club's best commercial interest.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 08:06:46 pm »
This is the sort of thing that is going on right under the clubs nose, a mate of a mate of mine used this 'service' for a game this season.

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 09:24:08 pm »
Some great posts so far, and I agree with Tony that to call them as bad as paedophiles is a different level, but I think the comparison to those buying up property just to rent out at extortionate prices and therefore artificially push up the price of the property is a good comparison.

I'd be an advocate of ID checks, and letting memberships be passed on to family/friends from a pre-approved list. At the moment if a steward scans a card, it brings up the seat details. How hard can it be to bring up a list of 3-5 names also, and compare ID to those names?

hoppy, that letter is outrageous. Did your mate pay over the odds for a game? Was the service reported to the club afterwards?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 09:35:32 pm »
The club should provide a mechanism to notify when a ticket is being used by someone else. If the ticket is transferred, the original purchaser loses the credit for that ticket.

The club could take a photo of each block. They can map fan cards to seat numbers. If a fan card is used by different people it can be flagged for an ID check at the next match.

If a membership card is used by someone other than the member, they lose their credits. So the membership cards being touted lose their priority access to tickets.

It sounds obvious, but the credits should go to the people who actually go to the game. Currently the touts buy tickets for every game, and thus get priority access to further tickets. The club need to break that vicious circle.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:00:36 pm »
ID checks good idea in theory but a logistical nightmare. You'd be an eternity getting into the ground, as well as the possibility of people getting impatient with queues, and the obvious dangers associated with that.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 10:10:01 pm »

Just fucking madness. >:(

Not posting to promote the site, just further highlighting the issue. And if someone is intent on using one of these websites, they couldn't be easier to find. Hope that's okay.

Would be incredibly easy for the club to stop this kind of touting if they cared
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:03:02 am by Claire. »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:02 pm »
ID checks good idea in theory but a logistical nightmare. You'd be an eternity getting into the ground, as well as the possibility of people getting impatient with queues, and the obvious dangers associated with that.

You don't ID check everyone, you ID check the people that you know are already guilty. You let them watch the game, you let them return the membership card, which is promptly cancelled. Hit the touts not the people desperate to watch the game.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »
Some of the nuances:
Touting happens
Fan rips of fan
Fan complains of too many OOT fans
Fan sells to OOT at extortionate price
Fan farms out season ticket each season, which is then touted out to fan
Fan has numerous season tickets to profit from
Fan won't game to game but will still by ticket to take credit and then sell ticket on as a profit
Fan refuses to go to away game to make a stance on prices but will still pay a nominal fee to keep credit (see above)
Fan will sell ticket on to make ridiculous amount of money and then laugh at other fan
Fan blames club for no kids in ground
Fan is not to blame....... apparently

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »
Some of the nuances:
Touting happens
Fan rips of fan
Fan complains of too many OOT fans
Fan sells to OOT at extortionate price
Fan farms out season ticket each season, which is then touted out to fan
Fan has numerous season tickets to profit from
Fan won't game to game but will still by ticket to take credit and then sell ticket on as a profit
Fan refuses to go to away game to make a stance on prices but will still pay a nominal fee to keep credit (see above)
Fan will sell ticket on to make ridiculous amount of money and then laugh at other fan
Fan blames club for no kids in ground
Fan is not to blame....... apparently

The same fella? Bloody hell he's been busy

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 10:26:47 pm »
I could highlight certain pubs and certain individulas who are bang at it, but whats the point. If you're willing to rip off a fellow fan and see it as business, then it would be like attemptimg to explain fire to someone who has never seen fire.

I know one lad who through all the self engratiating, greedy money driven shitehawk behaviour - moves hundreds of tickets a season at face value and never once attempts to make a penny and will virtually bend over backwards to help a red get a ticket. The rest, are shitehawks.

Best fans in the world? My fuckin arse we are. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 10:35:52 pm »
Its the people that are doing this as a business for profit or to the STH's that we all know are out there who have a ST but have no intention of actually going who the club need to clamp down on. They are hogging a seat that a person on the ST waiting list could have, which in turn would create one extra ticket for someone in the members sale, who then in turn wouldn't need to buy a ticket from a tout.

How many ST's are used every game by the person they are registered to? Half? A third? How many are shared by 2/3/4/5 people over the course of a season? How many are registered to people who are no longer alive and have been passed down the family for generations? How many of them have fallen into the wrong hands and are then touted? We have over 30,000 STH's and I would love to know how many people who own them actually go to 19 games a season. I personally think the number will be shocking.

STH's get a lot of benefits that members don't get so I personally believe that if you're a STH then you should only be able to use that ticket yourself. It should be the name of the person on the ticket. If you cant go, that's fine, pass it back to the club for a refund and they can sell it on for that game. However if you miss more than 5 games in a season you lose the ST. There's no excuse to miss 25% of home games if your a STH. There's 20 odd thousand people waiting in the wings seemingly wanting to go every week so why should it be allowed that a ST can be passed from person to person? They get the discounts of tickets by paying upfront (not hard to put it on a 0% c/c for 12 months), they get priority to cup ticket sales etc so if you have a ST, you should be going the game yourself and go all the time.

There will be thousands of genuine STH's who go the game and have been going for year after year so please don't be offended if this is you because its not aimed that way. Its aimed at the categories of people I have listed above.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:52 pm »

You should also allow ST to suspend their ST. Real life does intervene. If a ST holder gives up their season ticket should they be at the front of the queue when they are able to resume? Making this concession would encourage ST to hand them in, knowing that they can get it back. The more the club does to be reasonable and treat ticket holders fairly, the stronger the case they have to take firm action against touts. At the moment the system is geared so that no one in their right mind lets go of a season ticket.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 10:50:00 pm »
You should also allow ST to suspend their ST. Real life does intervene. If a ST holder gives up their season ticket should they be at the front of the queue when they are able to resume? Making this concession would encourage ST to hand them in, knowing that they can get it back. The more the club does to be reasonable and treat ticket holders fairly, the stronger the case they have to take firm action against touts. At the moment the system is geared so that no one in their right mind lets go of a season ticket.

Yes absolutely right. I've heard of people taking a new job for 12 months working away who are then unable to go. In that scenario, of course there should be empathy and you can just suspend it. Same with an illness, redundancy (resulting in lack of funds) etc. This all boils down to the club having some compassion, empathy and common sense into individual situations and treating the people who have supported them for years on end with respect. It wouldn't be hard to implement this at all.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:07 pm »
Interesting discussion here.

I think that club should target those people who have up to 20 members card with them (have seen it personally). Those who sell 1-2 tickets with prices above FV are harder to get and impossible to stop it completely, it will still happen no matter what. If police/club had full control near Anfield it would still take place in city center or somewhere else.  Its kind of like police fighting against drugs, they always try to get to the distributor not those who sell it on the street.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 11:03:09 pm »
Some great posts so far, and I agree with Tony that to call them as bad as paedophiles is a different level, but I think the comparison to those buying up property just to rent out at extortionate prices and therefore artificially push up the price of the property is a good comparison.

I'd be an advocate of ID checks, and letting memberships be passed on to family/friends from a pre-approved list. At the moment if a steward scans a card, it brings up the seat details. How hard can it be to bring up a list of 3-5 names also, and compare ID to those names?

hoppy, that letter is outrageous. Did your mate pay over the odds for a game? Was the service reported to the club afterwards?
I reported it to the club when we both found out about it, they still haven't replied.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline mrmclark

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 12:11:10 am »

Evening

i raised the buy and let idea to bring out the large corporations making big money on the tickets sold. We all know who they are. The tout outside the albert or selling to mates goes on at every ground around the country, and will never end , thats business and football.

Large companies are ticket botting tickets  every game and making a killing , but the club doesn't care and wont do anything as its making money.

Similar to the concert tickets , which is now totally out of control.

Before it does i raise we should do something to rat and show our journalist friends what is going on within the ticketing world of football,

Quickly before we all get priced and fucked over with 13 credits.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 12:55:14 am »

Wish to fuck they would at least try to eliminate the estimated 30% of away tickets that are touted,no LFC club shop at away grounds,it's sickening that nearly 1000 away tickets (3000 allocations) are kept out of genuine fans hands,fans who would give anything (except money to touts) to follow their club away from home.
Kenny Godglish

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 07:58:31 am »

That's why they have the ticket exchange to gain money back for their seat so other members can buy tickets in LA sales
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 08:00:34 am »
Wish to fuck they would at least try to eliminate the estimated 30% of away tickets that are touted,no LFC club shop at away grounds,it's sickening that nearly 1000 away tickets (3000 allocations) are kept out of genuine fans hands,fans who would give anything (except money to touts) to follow their club away from home.

Exactly.

So frustrating that Ian Ayre comes out and says that 30% of away tickets are touted... but then the club does fuck all about it. That's where they need to start!!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2016, 09:08:31 am »
My take on this is pretty simple. SOS won't support it, and neither will many on here for the same reason. It puts and end to buying for loyalty.

Photocard fancards. Enforced checks. The only way to return your ticket is via the club.

This means an end to buying for loyalty and an end to touting. The person who goes in the stadium is the person who's photo is on the card. It's really quite simple. But people don't want it because it makes it hard to "buy for friends and family" (buy for loyalty).

Sorry, but you can't have your cake an eat it. The above is the only fair way for loyalty reward and it's the only way to stop touting.

If that was the option, I would gladly live with it.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 09:58:29 am »
I reckon that they will shortly introduce the ticket transfer system that they have in Place for the Anfield Dugout and others.

It gives you the option of transferrring your ticket to anyone you like and they are sent as Etickets with users name and email address.

The system works well for the Dugout and clubs like Arsenal allready offer it to their general season ticket holders (however they can only transfer it to another member) but they charge a fee to transfer your ticket £5 to £10 per ticket.

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »
With regards touting, this is something that Man United have been looking at recently.
For away games they've put in ticket collections for games abroad (as we did with Augsburg?) and random checks for Premier League games. This has really combated the touting and applications for away games have halved as people buy to go to the game and not for loyalty/profit. You don't have to do it for every game or for all the tickets. Collection for 500 tickets at half the aways. You could quickly get a pattern of people not collecting or tickets not in their name.
The problem we have with aways currently is that it's such a closed shop. If I wanted to go to a couple of away games, it's impossible to even apply. If you have 19 credits you buy every away and sell just to keep that loyalty because you know there is so much demand. It's the only way I can get away tickets now for the league, despite having an ST and cup competition loyalty. I've been 50+ aways over the last five years and got no credit.

For home games, the ticket transfer system we have is utter shite. Why would I sell through there to get a discount on next season's ticket when I could get cash in hand now. You'd also have to go through the process of getting the correct name for season tickets. How many people don't have their season ticket in their own name?

If the club really wanted to sort the touting situation they could begin with buying tickets off the many touting websites or outside the ground and start collecting the data. They have plenty of money to do it.

Online Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 12:08:30 pm »
Exactly.

So frustrating that Ian Ayre comes out and says that 30% of away tickets are touted... but then the club does fuck all about it. That's where they need to start!!

Utd brought in a new scheme this year to try and stop it, but have gotten alot of grief from their fans over it

If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the Club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games. If a ticket is resold to another supporter your facilities will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »
Utd brought in a new scheme this year to try and stop it, but have gotten alot of grief from their fans over it

This was in the news not so long ago

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-ban-season-ticket-holder-fan-unwell-ill-hull-city-a7349666.html

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 12:24:30 pm »

They have, but it's been effective. From speaking with United fans, a lot are happy about it because it's curbed touting and now more chance for those fans who intend to go to buy them. I would have no problem whatsoever queuing for ten minutes to pick up a ticket if I got the loyalty, it improved the atmosphere and stopped touting.
Obviously the incident Chris has highlighted may be a step too far and some common sense should prevail, but a three strikes and you're out rule seems fair enough?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 12:35:13 pm »
My take on this is pretty simple. SOS won't support it, and neither will many on here for the same reason. It puts and end to buying for loyalty.

Photocard fancards. Enforced checks. The only way to return your ticket is via the club.

This means an end to buying for loyalty and an end to touting. The person who goes in the stadium is the person who's photo is on the card. It's really quite simple. But people don't want it because it makes it hard to "buy for friends and family" (buy for loyalty).

Sorry, but you can't have your cake an eat it. The above is the only fair way for loyalty reward and it's the only way to stop touting.

They had the perfect opportunity to do something like that in Augsburg. Even then, when you could authorise someone else to have your ticket, it wasn't the person picking the ticket up that got the credit, it was the person buying it.
To be fair I think Augsburg (and Kazan) may be the first step for the Euro games. To gather data on exactly how many people do go to a Euro away on their own ticket, rather than anecdotal evidence. I would be interested to know from that what the numbers looked like.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »

what evidence Ian Ayre have on touting on away games? how did he come up with 30% figure? (genuinely asking if anyone knows)
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 12:42:32 pm »
It's going to be very difficult to stop, you can put some measures in place but it will never be completely stopped.  The logistics of having checks would be a nightmare, even spot checks would slow the turn styles down.  Out of 54,000 people how many spot check will you do?  Could put photo ID on the cards but I know 4 people who share a membership, basically because neither can afford to do all the games and by sharing the card they get all the credits so easier for buying tickets.

People complain about non locals getting tickets, a few weeks ago a local lad was selling tickets to 2 guys from abroad near the kop.  In full view of everyone around them and no one did a thing about it.  I certainly wasn't going to say something as I had my kid with me and the guy selling the tickets didn't look like someone to be messed with, there wasn't a steward or police close by to have a quiet word to either.  If people are so bothered about non locals getting tickets from touts outside the ground then it's the locals that need to stop selling them on.  I've seen several touts outside the ground and they've always had a local accent.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 12:50:55 pm »
what evidence Ian Ayre have on touting on away games? how did he come up with 30% figure? (genuinely asking if anyone knows)

I don't know where Ian Ayre got the figure from, but he gave that figure to Graham Smith.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »

People complain about non locals getting tickets, a few weeks ago a local lad was selling tickets to 2 guys from abroad near the kop.  In full view of everyone around them and no one did a thing about it.  I certainly wasn't going to say something as I had my kid with me and the guy selling the tickets didn't look like someone to be messed with, there wasn't a steward or police close by to have a quiet word to either.  If people are so bothered about non locals getting tickets from touts outside the ground then it's the locals that need to stop selling them on.  I've seen several touts outside the ground and they've always had a local accent.

Quite a generalisation.  A few points:

Not all scousers are arsed whether OOT's go or not.
Not all locals are selling them on, but if it makes you happy I'll let you know that the £9 sales are going to stop soon.
If somebody is selling tickets outside the ground, then he's obviously not going in the ground himself so why would he care who else is going in?
He could be a blue or somebody whose not arsed about football at all.
The people at the high business end of the market are a far bigger problem than the people at the scally end of the market.
Anfield is one of the most deprived areas of Liverpool, it's difficult to not be tempted as Tiger Tony alluded to.
You don't sound too keen on people from Liverpool and seem to have a low opinion of them, that's the type of OOT that most locals want out.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »
I think Ian Ayre is defining touts as anyone who uses a ticket that didn't purchase it from the club.
I know several people who share a season ticket and go to alternate games. How would a photo on a fancard/ST Card sort that?
A way to reduce (not eradicate it) touting of the local tickets and STs in general is to have them collected from the Ticket Office or a designated local collection point every game/season, with ID. This would mean a lot of hours and cost to the club - and the only winner is the fan = Not going to happen.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 01:08:24 pm »
Ian Ayre's PR sorted my mate 4 tickets for Dortmund away... read into that what you will