Author Topic: Members sale 2016/17  (Read 214919 times)

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
Re: Member's sale 2016/17
« Reply #120 on: July 5, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
My mates card has 6 and is a liverpool post code and he had to leave the country. He's said i can have it. So I'll just have to become Singaporean this season then as looks like that card will have a chance at both Mancs and then the rest I'm in a free for all right ?
Surely this is about getting more locals in the ground? What if everyone from outside the city had your attitude? People have been calling out for something like this for years and your openly abusing it!

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #121 on: July 5, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »
Nah, the 8+ was just for cat A.  The 4+ for this season will be for the same amount of matches that they had 8+ for last season. 

Got ya. Should be tattooed in my brain from the ball ache last year.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 5, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »
Surely this is about getting more locals in the ground? What if everyone from outside the city had your attitude? People have been calling out for something like this for years and your openly abusing it!
Seems like people are already way ahead of the TO and are already going to be playing the system mate. Seems it was too much to ask for these lot to let a paltry number of tickets go to the people who are in the local area, it's literally a tiny percentage and yet they still want to get their hands on those too.

Be arsed with the fight for tickets year after year, considering knocking it all on the head.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2016, 10:42:52 pm by Claire. »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: July 5, 2016, 10:31:00 pm »
My mates card has 6 and is a liverpool post code and he had to leave the country. He's said i can have it. So I'll just have to become Singaporean this season then as looks like that card will have a chance at both Mancs and then the rest I'm in a free for all right ?

Well if it's a window sale only you would t be able to.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 5, 2016, 11:02:48 pm »
Exactly why I want a window sale.

Yeah, some sort of photographic ID and proof of address I'd imagine would be needed. I can see a sudden influx of 50000 people moving to Liverpool in the next 2 weeks  ;D

I'm still fucked off at the drop from 13 to 0. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Fucking bellends.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 5, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »
Going to be some pissed off "local supporters".  Live in Birkenhead 3 miles from Anfield and you are not local.   Live in the top end of L40 and you could be 16 miles from Anfield and qualify.  Quite a few other "Scouse" areas with CH, WA, WN or PR postcodes will be changing addresses by the looks of things.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2016, 11:39:10 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: July 6, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
Yeah, some sort of photographic ID and proof of address I'd imagine would be needed. I can see a sudden influx of 50000 people moving to Liverpool in the next 2 weeks  ;D

I'm still fucked off at the drop from 13 to 0. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Fucking bellends.

Yep, like others have said a 15, 10 and 5 sale system would have worked well.  I'm on 12 from last season and could have got up to 15 or 16 bar for funds being tight. 

The L sale is going to be a farce because everyone will just change their postcode.  And we all know the club don't like window sales.

Seems to me like the club is trying to look as though they are making an effort.  All those new seats and more than half have gone to hospitality and corporate wankers.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #127 on: July 6, 2016, 03:05:07 am »

Well if it's a window sale only you would t be able to.

Seems like people are already way ahead of the TO and are already going to be playing the system mate. Seems it was too much to ask for these lot to let a paltry number of tickets go to the people who are in the local area, it's literally a tiny percentage and yet they still want to get their hands on those too.

Be arsed with the fight for tickets year after year, considering knocking it all on the head.

Sorry guys, I had just made it into work and was on my phone where I don't type nearly as much and mentioned in passing that it had a Liverpool postcode as it had come up in discussion with him at the time as we were whats apping about the news of the sale. I don't actually intend to use it for any local sales- nor would I want to take any tickets out of local hands that come available via those particular channels.

To clarify though as reading the first part of the sentence back it does sound like that's my implication, I went onto to talk more specifically about needing 4 credits for the Manc games, and was asking if I would be in a free for all for the rest in terms of the sales details - which clearly is in relation to the members sale in July, and not any local sale in the weeks before the games which sounds like when the local sales will take place.

Welcome to call me a bullshitter if you like as I'm not quite sure how I manage to prove to you that I've ended up talking broken biscuits and getting myself into a hole and sounding like a dickhead- other than that you won't see my mug in the lower anny road if it's at all possible. Obviously using his card full stop isn't exactly moral of me, but I've sorted him out away games down the years and he offered it to me as he was leaving as I said I was gonna try and do home games this season as we're out of Europe and his card which would go dormant otherwise could give me a leg up.

Edit: Phew, a post I haven't edited 30 minutes later saying that I'll be using late availability if I don't get sorted in the members sales.

Cheers. I'm on my phone and only managed to read this thread today.

Seems late availability is my best option.

« Last Edit: July 6, 2016, 03:50:19 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #128 on: July 6, 2016, 03:24:56 am »
Here is it all in more details though, looks like paper tickets. Which definitely won't get bought and touted anyway.

As an actual constructive suggestion

A) there should be spot checks and you should have to produce when sitting in those sections - on request a form of photographic ID, that's name and address matches the one assigned to the ticket/members card. Then you could check a random sample each game. If they don't match, and there isn't a good enough reason as to why they don't then you're barred and the members card is barred from all sales for 10+ home matches or perhaps indefinitely.

Or

B) You need to register for Liverpool local tickets to be able to access the sale. You have to send in 2-3 letters with proof of address and name - and a picture of yourself. You get a new Liverpool members card that acts exactly the same as a Liverpool membership but it has a picture of yourself on it. Again- periodic checks of people entering the stadium and their cards- and zero tolerance on anyone flouting the rules or moving their ticket on. Anyone that can't go should have to inform the club and the ticket is re-released for local members.

^^^ B is a load of admin work though reminiscent of the sort of work that went in for European away games when you applied by letter which is why they want to be able to automatically just allow people with L postcodes in as it's easier to program on the computers.

Exactly like loyalty, both are noble suggestions but the key will be the implementation - as the away ladders are a joke already.

Local General sale

Q. What is the Local General sale?

A. The Local General sale is an exclusive sale available to ALL supporters with a L postcode. This initiative has been introduced in response to feedback from the Club’s Supporter Committee that young and local fans should be given further opportunity in gaining access to Anfield next season.

Q. Will the local general sale take place for all home games?

A. Yes, this sale will take place for all home Premier League and Cup games.

Q. Who is eligible to purchase tickets in the Local General Sale?

A. Supporters who live at an address with a ‘L’ postcode and are registered on the ticketing database at that address.  Additional pre-requisites will be applied for certain fixtures to prevent non LFC supporters from purchasing tickets; details of which will be advertised here.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder or Official Member with a L postcode; can I purchase a ticket?

A. Tickets are made available on a 1 ticket per person basis.  Therefore, if you do not already have a ticket recorded on your account, you will be eligible to purchase during this sale. 

Q. I am a disabled supporter, am I eligible to purchase tickets during the Local General Sale?

A. Please visit our accessibility page for full details.

Q. How do I know if I am registered on the ticketing system with a L postcode?

A. Supporters already registered on our system with a L postcode, will receive an email notifying them of login number and password.  Please click here to login and check that your details are correct.  Please call our Customer Services team on 0151 264 2500 if you have forgotten your login details.

Q. Am I guaranteed a ticket within the Local General Sale?

A. No, tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis to all that apply.

Q, I am registered on the ticketing database, how do I check if my address is correct.

A. My Account, and select ‘Update Details’ to check your address

Q. If my address is incorrect, how can I update my details?

A. Please call our customer services team on 0151 264 2500.

Q. I live at an address with a ‘L’ postcode but not registered on the ticketing database, what do I need to do?

A. Click here to register and create an account.  Once registered, you’ll be eligible to purchase tickets during the Local General sale, subject to availability and restrictions apply.

Q. How far in advance do I need to register in order to be eligible to purchase a ticket for a certain fixture?

A. You must register no later than 3 days before the advertised Local General sale date for the match you wish to purchase tickets for.

Q. How many tickets I am eligible to purchase during the local general sale?

A. Supporters can purchase one ticket per person up to a maximum of 4 tickets per transaction, subject to availability, this includes any purchases made during any earlier sales.

Q. What seating will be available for sale in the Local General sale?

A. Seats for this sale will be restricted in view and situated in the Main Stand Upper Tier, areas U1 and U9.  All tickets will be priced at £9 each; concessions will not apply.

Q. How can I buy tickets for my friends and family?

A. Your friends and family must also be eligible to purchase during this sale, i.e. be registered on the ticketing system with an ‘L’ postcode. They must also be listed as Friends and Family and linked to your account. For details on Friends & Family click here

Q. What happens if I don’t receive my ticket in the post?

A. For the Local General sale, duplicate ticket requests will be granted up to a maximum of three occasions only.

Q. Can I request to collect my ticket?

A. No, all tickets sold during this sale will be sent out in the post to the registered L postcode address. 

Q. Will there still be a general sale?

A. The new Local General sale has replaced the previous general sale for Premier League home games. For home cup games, full sale details will be announced on a game by game basis.

Q. Who do I contact if I have any further questions?

A. Click here or contact us on 0151 264 2500.

Local Members sale

Q. What is the Local Members sale?

A. The Local Members sale is an exclusive sale available to ALL members with a L postcode. This initiative has been introduced in response to feedback from the Club’s Supporter Committee that local fans should be given further opportunity in gaining access to Anfield next season.

Q. Will the Local Members Sale take place for all home games?

A. This sale will take place for all home Premier League games only.

Q. Who is eligible to purchase tickets in the Local Members Sale?

A. Members who live at an address with a ‘L’ postcode and are registered on the ticketing database at that address.  Additional pre-requisites will be applied for certain fixtures to prevent non LFC supporters from purchasing tickets; details of which will be advertised here.

Q. How far in advance do I need to register in order to be eligible to purchase a ticket for a certain fixture?

A. You must register no later than 3 days before the advertised Local Members sale date for the match you wish to purchase tickets for.

Q. Are Local Members guaranteed tickets in the Local Members Sale?

A. Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis and no guarantee can be given to all that apply.

Q. I am a Season Ticket Holder with a L postcode; can I purchase a ticket?

A. No, tickets are available to Official Members with a L postcode only.

Q. How many tickets I am eligible to purchase during the Local Member’s sale?

A. A. Supporters can purchase one ticket per person up to a maximum of 4 tickets per transaction, subject to availability, this includes any purchases made during any earlier sales.

Q. What seating will be available for sale in the Local Member’s sale?

A. Seats for this sale will be available in Lower Anfield Road, blocks 126 and 127.

Q. Am I able to purchase concessionary priced tickets during the Local Members Sale?

A. Yes, however concessionary priced tickets are limited.

Q. I am a disabled supporter, am I eligible to purchase tickets during the Local General Sale?

A. Please visit our accessibility page for full details.

Q. Who do I contact if I have any further questions?

A. Click here or contact us on 0151 264 2500.

« Last Edit: July 6, 2016, 03:50:38 am by Hij »

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #129 on: July 6, 2016, 08:05:55 am »
There's going to be generations of young scousers who go across the park as it's easier to get tickets and easy to get them with your mates etc. With all this TV money now and with match day income being insignificant these days I think the club should be doing a lot more to address easier accessibility for locals! I think they just want to be seen to be doing something with all this when in reality they're not arsed and just see locals as a nuisance!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 6, 2016, 09:54:34 am »
3 of us all on 19 have sat together for years, going be a pain in the arse trying to get 3 together in a cheap enough area.

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #131 on: July 6, 2016, 12:14:10 pm »
When does the exchange open for the Burnley game  :)
SOS Member 2692
“It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees”. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #132 on: July 6, 2016, 02:45:38 pm »
3 of us all on 19 have sat together for years, going be a pain in the arse trying to get 3 together in a cheap enough area.

I know with away games Man Utd release how many people are on 19 (and all the other numbers).

Really not sure how when we have the capability, that people on 19 aren't allowed the morning before to make their selections - dependent on how many of them there are. Can't see why anyone would be against that.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #133 on: July 6, 2016, 02:53:05 pm »
I know with away games Man Utd release how many people are on 19 (and all the other numbers).

Really not sure how when we have the capability, that people on 19 aren't allowed the morning before to make their selections - dependent on how many of them there are. Can't see why anyone would be against that.

You have to bear in mind that some people on 19 credits actually weren't at 19 home games last season.

That said, there really should be a sale just for those on 19, to reward their loyalty. 15-10-5 after that.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 6, 2016, 03:02:48 pm »
Finally, and as expected nothing about a sale for members with 19, hopefully next season..

You'll do well to get to 19 this season. Especially as the old free for all Cat C sale has become free for Cat B and C sale

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #135 on: July 6, 2016, 03:24:38 pm »
You have to bear in mind that some people on 19 credits actually weren't at 19 home games last season.

Indeed, that's just one of the unfortunate quirks of how the loyalty system works.

That said, there really should be a sale just for those on 19, to reward their loyalty. 15-10-5 after that.

With a 15-10-5 system, how does that impact upon people who have never been before? Is it about giving more chance for selection of seats to those with more credits, or just giving access to the tickets? As I guess one thing Liverpool want to retain is the ability for new members to attend games- and for the ladder to have bottom rungs available.

You'll do well to get to 19 this season. Especially as the old free for all Cat C sale has become free for Cat B and C sale

A few have said it's possible to get quite a few via the late availability if you are diligent?

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: July 6, 2016, 03:33:12 pm »
I though it was only cat c games that were a free for all and that with 13+ you were guaranteed a ticket for the Cat A and B games which should be at least 16.

Loyalty credits vs attendance is an issue as if there is a significant perk to having 19 games then people will buy them and either not go or pass them onto friends like with the away tickets.

The price difference between a season in 202 and AL 127 is £209 so you could miss 5 games and still be better off.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #137 on: July 6, 2016, 03:56:09 pm »
I though it was only cat c games that were a free for all and that with 13+ you were guaranteed a ticket for the Cat A and B games which should be at least 16.

If you have 13+ you are guaranteed all except Burnley and Hull so yeah, probably what used to be called Cat C.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #138 on: July 6, 2016, 03:57:56 pm »
Is it really difficult to get tickets in the free for all for Centenary seats?

I only did cups last season so have no league history at all.  Don't care about "big" games, but would like to get to at least 12 league games this season.

I'm a bit worried it will be difficult to achieve. 

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #139 on: July 6, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »

You also have to bear in mind that some people who have a season ticket actually weren't at 19 home games last season either.... ;)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: July 6, 2016, 04:07:35 pm »
I would imagine for the upper cent it would be okay as they are more expensive £53 per game, think the lower is season ticket / hospitality / Thomas cook.

not so bad if you only go to a few games a season but for 14 or so games it really adds up, I'll probably end up splitting the difference with my mum who is now over 65 and does not want to stand to much, but for a lot of people if you are unlucky and get on late in the sale and end having to pay at least £48 per game you won't be happy particularly if the away fans next to you are paying £30.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #141 on: July 6, 2016, 04:09:23 pm »
You also have to bear in mind that some people who have a season ticket actually weren't at 19 home games last season either.... ;)
Touché ;)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 6, 2016, 04:19:09 pm »

Nah if your already on 13+ you'll be sound. Two games free for all and they would have been Cat C so not as in demand.

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: July 6, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »
Indeed, that's just one of the unfortunate quirks of how the loyalty system works.

With a 15-10-5 system, how does that impact upon people who have never been before? Is it about giving more chance for selection of seats to those with more credits, or just giving access to the tickets? As I guess one thing Liverpool want to retain is the ability for new members to attend games- and for the ladder to have bottom rungs available.

A few have said it's possible to get quite a few via the late availability if you are diligent?

Was easy enough last season. With the extra seats it should be even easier this season.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 6, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »
Happy about the L postcode sale.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #145 on: July 6, 2016, 05:51:30 pm »

Exactly. There is no perfect system I am afraid. However most seem to agree a slightly more tiered structure would be fairer. Imagine if you were on 12 from last season? I'd be sickened.

Regards the Late Availability, I got sorted for all 6 games that I tried for in the LA sales last season. Bulk sales is not the end of the road if you don't get sorted.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #146 on: July 6, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »
So me having ten from last year is no advantage at all? Sake.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #147 on: July 6, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

this  ;) thanks to the STH i never have to worry about members sales again

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: July 6, 2016, 08:32:22 pm »
Is it really difficult to get tickets in the free for all for Centenary seats?

I only did cups last season so have no league history at all.  Don't care about "big" games, but would like to get to at least 12 league games this season.

I'm a bit worried it will be difficult to achieve. 

If you're looking for singles I think you should generally be all right. Different matter if you want seats together

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 6, 2016, 08:37:45 pm »
So me having ten from last year is no advantage at all? Sake.

I'm on 12  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #150 on: July 6, 2016, 09:36:19 pm »
I've 15 from last season so guaranteed 8 on the Tuesday. Let's say all the Kop is sold out get all 8 in the centenary or main stand how much roughly will I be forking out?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 6, 2016, 10:12:48 pm »
It's not possible to please everyone but there are a number of things they need to do.
 Given the new away ticket price cap at £30 they should reduce the lower anfield road to the same price as the kop as there is up to an £11 difference at the moment. Introduce loyalty requirement for seats on the Kop, 6-8 games can help the cat c game if a lot of the members tickets on the kop are taken by people only going to 1-2 games a season. Increase the amount for season ticket match returns before the bulk sale.
The idea of tiered loyalty would work with a waiting list system rather than additional sales, so if you miss out in the bulk sale you go into a queue as tickets become available.
Hold the sales on Sat / Sunday

Far too much common sense there.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #152 on: July 6, 2016, 10:19:33 pm »

That's rough mate. I really thought there'd by another cut off in there somewhere. Back to the bottom of the pile it is...

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #153 on: July 6, 2016, 10:36:04 pm »
If you're looking for singles I think you should generally be all right. Different matter if you want seats together

Yeah, just singles.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #154 on: July 6, 2016, 10:37:13 pm »
I've 15 from last season so guaranteed 8 on the Tuesday. Let's say all the Kop is sold out get all 8 in the centenary or main stand how much roughly will I be forking out?

Centenary: £53-57 per game/seat depending on how central you are.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/match-day-premier-league-prices-2016-17

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #155 on: July 6, 2016, 11:25:59 pm »
Centenary: £53-57 per game/seat depending on how central you are.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/match-day-premier-league-prices-2016-17
Christ, that's obscene.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 7, 2016, 09:11:51 am »

Think I'm on 9, the problem i have every season is I get to the first half of the games but skint by the time the second half comes round :D

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: July 7, 2016, 09:32:50 am »
First league home game isn't a free for all now

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #158 on: July 7, 2016, 09:44:42 am »
Wonder if Burnley will be taken off the sales list now it's the away game first, you'd assume so.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #159 on: July 7, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »
Wonder if Burnley will be taken off the sales list now it's the away game first, you'd assume so.

It has been