Author Topic: FIFA Investigated by FBI  (Read 230601 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FIFA Investigated by FBI
« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:22 pm »
and erroneous statement.

Of course. All those people in Baltimore were actual thugs and looters just like Fox News says they are.
The West is finished, China is the future

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:23 pm »
I understand your point, but if FIFA was an honorable organization and had an honest mandate to promote football to all corners of the globe, allowing all those countries to vote isn't a bad thing (in a perfect world). The problem lies in the absolute corruption involved in winning those votes under Blatter's regime.
Have to disagree, There are far to many country's making decisions on things that wont affect them. this goes far deeper than backhanders and bribes.
No other organization would support a Blatter in an honest vote, yet he will walk it. I think this proves there must be over a hundred people who personally benefit from Blatter being in charge. am not saying they are all corrupt, am thinking of mutual support allowing them to live a legitimate life of luxury.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2015, 02:00:18 pm »
Yeah cause they're jurisdiction sure has treated the African Americans in a stellar manner

What the flying f has that got to do with FIFA?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:17 pm »

They're going after FIFA because of shady marketing deals that affected American corporations that presumably refused to offer kickbacks and the extremely shady way in which the T.V rights were awarded. That part makes sense , you can count on self-obsessed Americans to look after themselves.

Start going after FIFA for corruption in the awarding of locations and it is a collateral waste of resources that can be allocated to far more pressing concerns and probably has political pressure behind it because Clinton and his folks were seriously butt-hurt at losing out.

Of course his ego must take centre stage and it is appalling that the DOJ is spending resources on this when a comprehensive review of the situation of African Americans in the judicial system is needed urgently as seen by the continuous civil unrest recently.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2015, 02:05:40 pm »
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2015, 02:09:04 pm »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »
Platini saying if Blatter is elected, UEFA might not participate in FIFA's executive committee.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »
Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 2m2 minutes ago

CONFIRMED: UEFA will not boycott FIFA congress

Why don't UEFA just breakaway from FIFA if the latter continues to resist change (although it's difficult to envisage how even Blatter will survive this latest mess)?  All the top players in their prime all play within the UEFA jurisdiction anyway, and this is where the wider interest in football and financial strength sits generally.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »
Nothing more nauseating than watching Platini - Picasso-owning-courtesy-of-Putin, son-employed-by-Qatar - Platini, talking about how Blatter should go for the good of the game.

How about you fucking off too while you're at it, Mikey? 

Loved him as a player. An utter spiv of an administrator.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »
Why don't UEFA just breakaway from FIFA if the latter continues to resist change (although it's difficult to envisage how even Blatter will survive this latest mess)?  All the top players in their prime all play within the UEFA jurisdiction anyway, and this is where the wider interest in football and financial strength sits generally.

That would be grand. Start a new World Cup, in UEFAs jurisdiction (probably supported by US, Japan, Australia and South American countries if they want). Don't allow players to participate in FIFA's competitions (by not being part of FIFA that can be done easy) and FIFA will fall faster than Blatter can say 'Money'.

Even just a few strong countries (England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France) will get united on this, FIFA will fall. Most of the interest, and thus the money is in these countries. Without tese 5 leagues, FIFA/UEFA and anyone else won't be able to manage considering that 90%+ of good players play in these leagues.

In fact, I think that this is the only way to have a better organization. Blatter is corrupt as hell and while kicking him out will be nice, it won't change much. It is a corrupt organization to its core.

Needless to say, I don't think that Platini would be an upgrade on Blatter. He is as corrupt as Blatter. He voted Qatar and then a few months later, his son started working for a Qatari company. Him replacing Blatter (make no mistake, this is what will happen if the election gets postponed and Sepp retires) won't fix anything. I have the same opinion for that Jordani prince.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »
Seeing Platini turn on Blatter, is like seeing two thieves turn on each other and the weaker one rats on the stronger.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »
Platini is not without criticism but I do think he cares more about football as a game.

Doubt we'd see wacky proposals for rule changes or horrendously outdated remarks from him in the same way but I wait expectantly to be proven wrong...

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2015, 02:46:16 pm »
The hacks were trying to get him to put the Uefa breakaway on the table. He flat batted it. Blatter must know Fifa would fall like a pack of cards if the big Euro countries leave.

I honestly hope it will happen. I would love Blatters final epitaph to be the destruction of Fifa.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »
If only they pursued the people involved in corruption in the financial industries with the same fervour.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »
The hacks were trying to get him to put the Uefa breakaway on the table. He flat batted it. Blatter must know Fifa would fall like a pack of cards if the big Euro countries leave.

I honestly hope it will happen. I would love Blatters final epitaph to be the destruction of Fifa.
He alluded to it but never flat out mentioned it, kept saying we will discuss everything in Berlin.

Also doesn't sound too confident that Prince Ali will win the elections.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2015, 02:56:25 pm »
If only they pursued the people involved in corruption in the financial industries with the same fervour.

They have in the USA compared to the UK.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »
Platini knows Ali won't win.

Even with these supposed 60 votes outside Uefa he has no chance. Look how many promised votes England had for 2018.

Hopefully they grow some balls and realise they don't need Fifa.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2015, 02:59:00 pm »
They have in the USA compared to the UK.

Find that hard to believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »
Have a feeling the only way the c*nt is dethroned from FIFA is if those arrested yesterday rat him out.

In his own mind, I think he believes the storm has passed and he has weathered it.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2015, 03:04:36 pm »
Rather amusingly, the FBI probe wasn't originally aimed at FIFA and was aimed at Russian organised crime.

Despite the broad nature of the charges, the case itself arrived at the Justice Department as something of a surprise. The four-year F.B.I. investigation grew out of an unrelated inquiry into aspects of Russian organized crime by the Eurasian Joint Organized Crime Task Force in the F.B.I.’s New York office, according to people with knowledge of the case’s origins. Authorities soon realized the potential scope of an investigation into the sporting world’s most powerful, secretive organization.

“Once we really began to peel back the layers of the investigation,” it became clear that corruption had been rampant for years, Ms. Lynch, who was the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn at the time, recalled in a telephone interview. “We always knew it was going to be a very large case.”
-NY Times
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »
They're going after FIFA because of shady marketing deals that affected American corporations that presumably refused to offer kickbacks and the extremely shady way in which the T.V rights were awarded. That part makes sense , you can count on self-obsessed Americans to look after themselves.

Start going after FIFA for corruption in the awarding of locations and it is a collateral waste of resources that can be allocated to far more pressing concerns and probably has political pressure behind it because Clinton and his folks were seriously butt-hurt at losing out.

Of course his ego must take centre stage and it is appalling that the DOJ is spending resources on this when a comprehensive review of the situation of African Americans in the judicial system is needed urgently as seen by the continuous civil unrest recently.

WTF
seriously

maybe the DOJ has room for civil unrest and prosecuting a corrupt global organization that affects some US interests but will overall benefit the running of what is probably the worlds most popular sport

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2015, 03:17:27 pm »
Find that hard to believe

Isn't it the USA giving them multi billion fines at least.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:23 pm »
Here is a great article on Chuck Blazer, which includes pictures such as

http://fusion.net/story/140185/who-is-chuck-blazer-former-fifa-executive/
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »
Platini is not without criticism but I do think he cares more about football as a game.

That's the easy bit. The game is very loveable. It's administering the game that's the difficult bit. Under the present set up people tend to confuse it with getting loot.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2015, 03:32:19 pm »

Doubt we'd see wacky proposals for rule changes or horrendously outdated remarks from him in the same way but I wait expectantly to be proven wrong...

Give him a few years as FIFA dictator president and I think you'd be surprised.

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2015, 03:34:22 pm »

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2015, 03:36:21 pm »
Petition now to get rid of the fat corrupt Swiss c*nt...

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/clean_up_football_uk/

Get sharing it !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline joejack

• Main Stander
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »

Jesus. Princess Leia has let herself go a bit!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2015, 03:38:26 pm »
Petition now to get rid of the fat corrupt Swiss c*nt...

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/clean_up_football_uk/

Get sharing it !!

And it's getting about 1000 signatures a minute !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:28 pm »
They're going after FIFA because of shady marketing deals that affected American corporations that presumably refused to offer kickbacks and the extremely shady way in which the T.V rights were awarded.

Actually, it extends from a multinational investigation into organised crime, and no, Bill Clinton doesn't really have any influence over the DOJ (much of which is still dominated by Bush appointees).

it is appalling that the DOJ is spending resources on this when a comprehensive review of the situation of African Americans in the judicial system is needed urgently as seen by the continuous civil unrest recently.

You clearly have no idea how either the DOJ or seemingly the American government as a whole works. First of all, the DOJ has already considerably stepped up hiring civil rights lawyers over the past 5 years, and second, there's no evidence that resources spent on criminal investigations are preventing this vaguely defined comprehensive review of the judicial system that you've proposed. Moreover, it would be incredibly stupid to fire lawyers whose expertise is in financial fraud and organised crime whilst they are in the process of ongoing investigations and litigation, and yes, you would have to fire them as these lawyers couldn't magically become civil rights lawyers over night.

Also, the DOJ has no power to enact judicial and penal reform, especially at the state and municipal government level. The DOJ doesn't run local police departments. This sort of reform requires action from, at the very least, the legislative branch of the federal government. The DOJ can only intervene when there is actionable evidence of a federal crime.

With that said, the US certainly does need judicial and penal reform, but your comment was simply using that as an excuse for a lazy and, frankly, rather stupid pot shot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:13:31 pm by Gegenpresser »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2015, 04:05:34 pm »
Platini knows Ali won't win.

Even with these supposed 60 votes outside Uefa he has no chance. Look how many promised votes England had for 2018.

Hopefully they grow some balls and realise they don't need Fifa.

How many countries will risk voting for Blatter now though?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2015, 04:07:21 pm »
http://newsthump.com/2015/05/28/mafia-moves-to-distance-itself-from-fifa/

The crisis at FIFA continues with news that the Mafia, one of FIFA’s longest standing sponsors throughout the Sepp Blatter years, is to disassociate itself from the organisation.

“It’s catastrophic for FIFA,” said an anonymous insider

“The scandal and embarrassment we can live with, but if the sponsors go then so does the money. Please, for the love of God, don’t take away our lovely money.”

The FBI launched a series of arrests of high-ranking officials after FIFA couldn’t offer substantial enough bribes to prevent it.

Since then there has been feverish speculation about the state of the sponsors.

FIFA sponsors

“The five families are most displeased,” said Don Joseph Ramone with chilling understatement.

“We have a reputation of criminality, corruption, and grotesque obesity to maintain, but FIFA? I mean those guys are just taking all of that way too far.”

“Between you and me? The problem was that FIFA were starting to make the Mafia look bad.”

“I mean, you know that if someone has to get gone, then we’ll do it.”

“But they won’t be a civilian, you know? The shit that FIFA were doing to get the stadiums in Qatar built? Hey, we don’t want no piece of that.”

The world and FIFA must now wait to find out what steps other major sponsors will take, with Coca-Cola, ISIS, and SPECTRE all expected to comment today.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2015, 04:13:10 pm »
How many countries will risk voting for Blatter now though?

It's not "countries" that vote. It's Sepp's pals, who he has promoted to the top levels of the various associations and confederations by endorsement or cash donations. They are powerful people, but he has made most of them. If he loses the leadership, he is no longer a powerful individual, he is, effectively, a fugitive, and he has enough dirt on all of them to make things very uncomfortable, so I'm not at all sure they are about to pull the plug on his presidency.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2015, 04:14:04 pm »

Cheers for that. One of the articles they cite is quite amazing. There are still real journalist out there (on buzzfeed of all places), despite massive evidence to the contrary.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2015, 04:15:20 pm »
Yeah, Chuck Blazer has a hilarious costume fetish. Here's a comprehensive article on his rise to power.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »
It's not "countries" that vote. It's Sepp's pals, who he has promoted to the top levels of the various associations and confederations by endorsement or cash donations. They are powerful people, but he has made most of them. If he loses the leadership, he is no longer a powerful individual, he is, effectively, a fugitive, and he has enough dirt on all of them to make things very uncomfortable, so I'm not at all sure they are about to pull the plug on his presidency.

But if Blatter goes then they go down with him so doesn't that mean they're screwed either way?  I know people will say "yeah IF" but if their cages are rattled maybe it's in their interests to sell him out and try to cut a deal? 

Certainly some of the most powerful ones must be thinking to rat on him before somebody else does - or before he can rat on them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art