Poll

would you join a singing section in lower anfield rd?

yes
142 (74%)
no
21 (10.9%)
maybe
21 (10.9%)
yes but other section
8 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Author Topic: Anfield road end singing section  (Read 73810 times)

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We're on the march with Jurgen's army
Re: No kop tickets, where do we go?
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2015, 10:03:58 am »
Cheers for letting us know about this, Birdontheshirt. I can see now where 128 figures on the seating plan and it's good to finally put to rest that although 128 feels removed from the centenary, it is the closest one to it which is is something that had been puzzling us in here for a while.

It's not great to hear about the lack of leg room in 128 but hopefully like you say we can use this argument against the stewards who ask us to sit down. I'm average height and I honestly have problems sitting in most areas of the ground. It's like Anfield is designed only for people under 5 foot 7 or something!

We're up to 62 for this now. Let's keep the momentum going!

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2015, 03:26:21 pm »

So what we thinking with regards a name?

The Annie Roaders?
Annie Road Agro?

Fire away
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

The Annie Roaders?
Annie Road Agro?

Fire away

I was thinking "that noisy lot in the corner of the Annie" but your names have a better ring to them!

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:03 pm »

The Annie Roaders?
Annie Road Agro?

Fire away
Annie road aggro!! Sounds boss.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2015, 12:47:16 pm »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 12:56:01 pm »
Annie road aggro!! Sounds boss.

I like the sound of Annie Road Aggro!

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2015, 12:58:47 pm »
http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=198634

Tried to spread the word a bit.

Nice one mate, we're already plus one since you posted that so hopefully this will continue to boost numbers.

Are there any other well frequented forums?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »
Nice one mate, we're already plus one since you posted that so hopefully this will continue to boost numbers.

Are there any other well frequented forums?

RAOTL is a good one.  Lot of regular match goers on that forum.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2015, 01:45:36 pm »
RAOTL is a good one.  Lot of regular match goers on that forum.

Ok, nice one. Does anyone have an account for that and would be able to post something to keep spreading the word?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2015, 02:06:09 pm »
Ok, nice one. Does anyone have an account for that and would be able to post something to keep spreading the word?

Done

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283908

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2015, 02:22:24 pm »
Im in, hopefully we can crack a few heads next season as well KICK HIM THE HEAD KICK HIM IN THE HEAD KICK IN THE HEAD UNTIL HES DEAD OH YEAH!

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2015, 02:59:30 pm »
I'm thinking we need go start off next season with 2 banners, ANNIE RD AGGRO and THE ROAD END. Was thinking the road end banner be portrait tho what do people think??.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2015, 03:35:34 pm »
I'm thinking we need go start off next season with 2 banners, ANNIE RD AGGRO and THE ROAD END. Was thinking the road end banner be portrait tho what do people think??.

Let's just concentrate on getting the numbers first, then once that is up and running then we can focus on banners.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2015, 09:20:25 am »

I like the banner ideas. If a lot of people who voted yes manage to get tickets close together in the members' sale we'll be able to get this stuff going.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2015, 10:08:49 am »
Good idea - applaud yer work.

Kop season ticket with a load of mates so wont be joining you but I hope yers pull it off.
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2015, 12:34:18 pm »
Someone has told me that the scandies, Irish and Thomas Crooks go in these blocks - can anyone confirm? And if they do will they turn on us?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2015, 12:53:54 pm »
Someone has told me that the scandies, Irish and Thomas Crooks go in these blocks - can anyone confirm? And if they do will they turn on us?

All of the above are in all blocks mate.  Talked about Thomas Cook earlier, think they have an allocation in one of the two blocks but not sure which one, but after discussing we think they're allocation will be quite small.  LFC have 13 major partners and they all get an allocation.  So no matter which block we choose (including most Kop blocks), there's an allocation for the 13 partners.  As 128/129 has one of the worst views, I imagine the larger partner allocations will be in blocks with better views.  This is partly based on the assumption that 128/129 is last to sell out as well.  As long as we can outnumber them I reckon we'll be OK. 

Don't know what they'll do if they turn on us, maybe complain to the stewards that there's a lot of people using foul and abusive language.  We need to outnumber them to stand a chance of getting what we want (unless if anybody's up for giving them a smack, not ready for that just yet myself but when I do eventually jib it all I might as well go with a banning order).

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2015, 01:12:51 pm »
Someone on RAOTL asked me if we were thinking of consulting the club to see if they'd give us an allocation.

This is just my opinion on it, again I'll go with the majority.

My reply copied and pasted:

Don't know mate. Might be an option if plan A fails. I might mention it to them over there but personally I'd prefer it to be unorganised and unofficial. When things become official you need to start thinking about rules and all that shit. Personally, I wouldn't like it to be another 306, but an alternative. I like the idea of jumping to 105 when teams are unlikely to take a full allocation so we can get behind the goal. Stuff like that wouldn't happen if it was official. Plus, I'm almost certain that FSG wouldn't give a shit.

Just my opinion on it though.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »
Someone on RAOTL asked me if we were thinking of consulting the club to see if they'd give us an allocation.

This is just my opinion on it, again I'll go with the majority.

My reply copied and pasted:

Don't know mate. Might be an option if plan A fails. I might mention it to them over there but personally I'd prefer it to be unorganised and unofficial. When things become official you need to start thinking about rules and all that shit. Personally, I wouldn't like it to be another 306, but an alternative. I like the idea of jumping to 105 when teams are unlikely to take a full allocation so we can get behind the goal. Stuff like that wouldn't happen if it was official. Plus, I'm almost certain that FSG wouldn't give a shit.

Just my opinion on it though.

That reply is spot on. Especially the comment about keeping this away from the attention of the club. If the club catch wind of this then they may (for whatever reason) opt to add more stewards in those areas to clamp down of persistent standing, or if Ying and his family of 12 can't see Coutinho whip in a corner through their £1500 camera lens and complain that they wont be coming back, therefore wont be spending £600 each in the shop. who knows but the important thing is to get as many match goers that are fed up of being scattered around the ground, surrounded by people who have no interest in singing to get their tickets in these blocks.

Viva la Revolution.

Also is it worth starting up a group on Facebook/Twitter?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »
That reply is spot on. Especially the comment about keeping this away from the attention of the club. If the club catch wind of this then they may (for whatever reason) opt to add more stewards in those areas to clamp down of persistent standing, or if Ying and his family of 12 can't see Coutinho whip in a corner through their £1500 camera lens and complain that they wont be coming back, therefore wont be spending £600 each in the shop. who knows but the important thing is to get as many match goers that are fed up of being scattered around the ground, surrounded by people who have no interest in singing to get their tickets in these blocks.

Viva la Revolution.

Also is it worth starting up a group on Facebook/Twitter?

Haven't got a clue about using Twitter.  Anything's worth a go though if there's a chance it might bump up the numbers.  What we don't want though, is for the tourists finding out about it and thinking, sounds good there, lets go for it if we cant get Kop tickets.

I reckon that's part of the reason why 306 isn't as good as it used to be.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2015, 04:17:43 pm »
Haven't got a clue about using Twitter.  Anything's worth a go though if there's a chance it might bump up the numbers.  What we don't want though, is for the tourists finding out about it and thinking, sounds good there, lets go for it if we cant get Kop tickets.

I reckon that's part of the reason why 306 isn't as good as it used to be.

Good point with regards the tourists finding out. Lets just stick to telling each other on here an RAOTL and messaging mates who we know go the game and getting them to spread the word. You know like the old days!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2015, 04:35:18 pm »
Im in, hopefully we can crack a few heads next season as well KICK HIM THE HEAD KICK HIM IN THE HEAD KICK IN THE HEAD UNTIL HES DEAD OH YEAH!

Poetic, not sure you'd get all that on a banner though mate
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2015, 04:48:17 pm »
I'm not sure but I think that some supporter clubs recieve their tickets from the club for some specific games in Lower Annie. I'm swedish myself and I was in block 127 last weekend and just beside the away end for the derby in september when I couldn't get tickets myself so had to try through the ISC. I'll have a look to see if it's always the same. Had some swedes around me for the Palace game, even a bird, around 20-25 years old, with earplugs...

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2015, 09:17:09 pm »
I'm not sure but I think that some supporter clubs recieve their tickets from the club for some specific games in Lower Annie. I'm swedish myself and I was in block 127 last weekend and just beside the away end for the derby in september when I couldn't get tickets myself so had to try through the ISC. I'll have a look to see if it's always the same. Had some swedes around me for the Palace game, even a bird, around 20-25 years old, with earplugs...

Thanks for the info mate, that's much appreciated.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2015, 02:12:22 pm »
1 short of the 80 mark

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2015, 04:23:08 pm »
Be happy to back this and join in with it, agree on the idea to test it for pre season's as well, best of luck lads and keep us informed

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:38 am »
Be happy to back this and join in with it, agree on the idea to test it for pre season's as well, best of luck lads and keep us informed

Alright mate.  There was a thread on the main forum as well.  I think a few of the lads were discussing trying it out for the pre season friendly.  One of them said that there isn't going to be one due to the works on the Main Stand, so we might need to jump in the deep end when the season starts properly.

Then again, if Arsenal don't win the Cup, our season will start at the end of July.  Not sure how that'll work out if there's supposed to be cranes on the pitch.

Somebody else pointed out another problem.  Even if there was a pre season friendly at Anfield, it would probably take place after the first bulk sale for the league matches.  I think if anyone wants to go for it for the league matches they're just going to have to chance it.  Personally, for me, it couldn't get any worse than I'm used to for league matches.  Therefore, if this is a complete failure I'm not going to be any worse off so I'm just going to give it a go and see what happens.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »
I'm well up for this, it's worth a try.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2015, 09:03:30 pm »
Anyone started making noise on twitter yet? I can help spread the word on there. Was talking about this after Palace fans cam to Anfield and how we should all have a chat with there Hardcore fans in the corner at Selhurst and take note, points etc. There easily best home fans going.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:56 pm »
No offence mate but don't think reds need any advice off palace fans. Just need to get like minded people sat with each other and it'll happen naturally. Good luck to all involved glad to see something being done about the atmosphere.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2015, 10:54:10 pm »
Fair enough but they are a good example how it can work.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »
Anyone started making noise on twitter yet? I can help spread the word on there. Was talking about this after Palace fans cam to Anfield and how we should all have a chat with there Hardcore fans in the corner at Selhurst and take note, points etc. There easily best home fans going.

Alright mate,

Everything is each to their own mate.  Do whatever you want.   There's no real organisation to this except for the way in which people are planning to get the tickets.

I can give you my own personal view point but I'm only one of the 80 odd people who has clicked yes, there'll be others who agree with me, and others who don't.  I'm happy to go with the majority.

Anyway, regarding Palace fans, I agree that they've got a consistent noise going but I'm not really a big fan of it.  I don't like the European style orchestrated nature of it, it's not true to their own traditions and culture.  It's certainly not true to our traditions and culture, but that's just my own feeling on it.

You could ask them how they managed to get like minded fans into one part of the ground.  I assume though that they either had help from the club, or they did something to what we're already planning to do.  I can't see any point in asking our club for help, but some others might disagree.  If they did something to what is already being planned I imagine it was a lot easier to get together into a corner because of simple supply and demand at Selhurst compared to Anfield.  Still, if you did speak to them I'm sure there'd be interest on here and there could be things to try. 

Regarding Twitter.  It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  I haven't got a clue how to use it myself.  I would be a bit worried that tourists would get wind of it and think it's the place to go, then again give it a go if you think it'd help.

Hopefully see you in 128/129 next season.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »
Regarding Twitter.  It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  I haven't got a clue how to use it myself.  I would be a bit worried that tourists would get wind of it and think it's the place to go, then again give it a go if you think it'd help.

Hopefully see you in 128/129 next season.

Agree with that, although it is difficult to tell who'd be coming to create an atmosphere and who'd be coming to watch the atmosphere, really hope this comes off to be honest, even if its 90/100 of us

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »
Agree with that, although it is difficult to tell who'd be coming to create an atmosphere and who'd be coming to watch the atmosphere, really hope this comes off to be honest, even if its 90/100 of us

I think I'd be happy even if there's only 50 of us.  I think there'll be some who want to do it but are reluctant to leave the Kop.  If 50 of us got the ball rolling some of those might decide to join us for Cup matches and the second bulk sale.  Out of the 80 odd who have clicked yes, there'll be some who bottle it at the last minute (a bit like the general election).

There'll also be some who wont be going week in week out (that includes me actually).  I went to 10 homes in the league last season, with cup matches and away's, even if this turns out to be a complete success I can't see myself at much more than that with current match day ticket prices.  For the 10ish league homes plus Cup matches next season though I'll be heading to 128/129 as soon as they're on sale.

Anyway, if we manage to average 50ish in the first half of the season it might be enough to get more joining us for the 2nd half of the season.

Offline andy84

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:12 pm »
I think I'd be happy even if there's only 50 of us.  I think there'll be some who want to do it but are reluctant to leave the Kop.  If 50 of us got the ball rolling some of those might decide to join us for Cup matches and the second bulk sale.  Out of the 80 odd who have clicked yes, there'll be some who bottle it at the last minute (a bit like the general election).

There'll also be some who wont be going week in week out (that includes me actually).  I went to 10 homes in the league last season, with cup matches and away's, even if this turns out to be a complete success I can't see myself at much more than that with current match day ticket prices.  For the 10ish league homes plus Cup matches next season though I'll be heading to 128/129 as soon as they're on sale.

Anyway, if we manage to average 50ish in the first half of the season it might be enough to get more joining us for the 2nd half of the season.

Like you mate, I can't afford to go to loads of games and I'm sure others will be the same. It's difficult to shell out so much money on tickets in one  go.

One positive regarding the numbers is a lot of people who clicked yes will be coming to the game with at least one other person whether that be a friend, family member or the missus (or mister for any ladies who clicked yes!). I'd like to think we can double the number in the poll for those who are going for tickets in this block. Granted you can probably knock some of that for those that bottle it or forget!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2015, 02:38:12 pm »
Like you mate, I can't afford to go to loads of games and I'm sure others will be the same. It's difficult to shell out so much money on tickets in one  go.

One positive regarding the numbers is a lot of people who clicked yes will be coming to the game with at least one other person whether that be a friend, family member or the missus (or mister for any ladies who clicked yes!). I'd like to think we can double the number in the poll for those who are going for tickets in this block. Granted you can probably knock some of that for those that bottle it or forget!

Good point mate.  The people I know who are regulars wont be moving from the Kop.  However, I have a handful of mates who were regular at one time but can only manage maybe 3 or 4 matches due to them now having families, being hard up and being pissed off with modern day Anfield.  Hopefully they'll join me in The Road End.

Don't bring the missus though, she'll just complain that you can't sing if she's anything like mine.  Get her a paddock ticket or something.   ;)

Edit - I've got a 2 year old lad, who never stops shouting.  He wont sing but he'll shout a lot.  As for standing up, he doesn't listen to me when I tell him to sit down.  If we get a jobs worth steward he might even bite him, although he'll probably bite me at the same time for no reason.  If anyone else has got any 2 year olds, bring them  :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:42:42 pm by stephen075 »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »
There's something on RAOTL at the moment about something to mess up someones iphone:

"Text this to them:

effective.
Power
لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً ॣ ॣh ॣ ॣ

It'll instantly restart their phone when they receive it, and there is fuck all they can do about it."

Probably a load of shite.  If you do go in 128/129 though and you're still stuck next to a tourist filming people taking corners and taking selfies through an I phone, try getting their number and giving it a go.

Edit - just googled this and it's apparently true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11633176/This-text-will-make-your-friends-iPhone-crash-if-you-send-it-to-them-heres-how-to-protect-your-own-phone.html

If anyone enquires about 128/129 who you suspect to be a tourist tell them we need phone numbers to process membership.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:06:22 pm by stephen075 »