Author Topic: Expectations for 2014/15 Season  (Read 96066 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Expectations for 2014/15 Season
« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »
Hahah oh my god.

You can go on a tour. And who knows, maybe you'll be on the committee next? :)

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2015, 02:43:08 pm »
Brentie, how can I overcome my fear of spiders?

Also, can you tell me what date I will pass into the afterlife (need to make sure I have defrosted the freezer)?

Thanks in advance.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »
Assuming Suarez leaves and Markovic and Origi come in, I think we'll be 5/6th. In this scenario I see the top 4 being City, Chelsea, Arsenal & United and see them as being some distance ahead of the battle for 5th. I did think we'd be top 4 last season so I'm not unduly negative. I just think our signings so far have been poor if they're intended to replace Suarez's goals. If they were just squad signings for a bit of depth with Suarez staying, I think we could once again challenge for the title (though his ban has the potential to make that more difficult).

Not taking anything away from Brentie necessarily, but this guy said this earlier and was as accurate.  :wave
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »
I've said it before and I got pilloried for it, but I'll say it again.

This is going to be a car crash of a season.

Even had we not sold Suarez, I expected us to suffer a severe hangover from last season. I wrote in May that most teams similar to us (teams that punched above their weight and unexpectedly challenged for a league title but ended up failing), generally suffered from a hangover the season after. Fucking hell, I'm nowhere near over not winning it last year. I don't have a clue how we can expect the players to be.

I just don't see, psychologically, how we can "go again". After such highs, can the players go through the mundane few weeks of the season without feeling a major difference? Take the opening game at Anfield vs Southampton. There'll be no welcoming parade. It's back to normality for everyone. Can they accept that without there being an impact?

We have a horrible start to the season, fixtures wise. 2 away trips to City and Spurs is the last thing this team needs so early on. If we have a bad start, I feel there will be a horrible sense of deflation within the fanbase and the squad- from the captain and everyone else. I feel they'll start feeling sorry for themselves over what happened in May, over losing Suarez and it will take a lot of time for us to recover.

Losing Suarez is an absolute nightmare for us. I strongly feel it will have hurt every single one of those players in the squad. A minority on here try to downplay Suarez's importance to us, but I'm sure the players know just how much he brought to the team. You do not lose a player like that and   move forwards or sideways (unless you're a team that is used to winning trophies on a yearly basis). Suarez's contribution was not just about goals and assists: it was about fight, sacrifice, dedication and leadership.

I mean, look at this Coutinho interview:

Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.

I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

It's simple psychology. How much did a thumbs up from Luis push Raheem Sterling on? How much was Suarez's acceptance important for someone like Jordan Henderson? How much did Suarez's name on the team-sheet petrify opposing defenses, before a ball was even kicked?

Add that to a host of new players we need to bed in, Champions League football for the first time in 5 years (And the first time in Rodgers' career), and a horrific pre season where we lost key players to injuries, failed to bed in our 3 most expensive signings and missed out on our seemingly only 2 attacking replacements for Suarez (For different reasons), and it doesn't look good at all for us.

Not convinced by our signings at all too. Lovren has had 5 good months in the last 3 seasons (he was basically chased out of Lyon and was poor in the 2nd half of last season). Lambert is passable as a 3rd striker, but is nowhere near suitable for our style of play. We're a Sturridge nigggle away from having him lead the line at the Etihad and White Hart Lane, which would be horrific. Markovic and Can are exciting talents, but we surely can't expect too much from them in their first season at such young ages. Lallana will have missed all of pre season, have had no friendly games to adapt to the team and will be thrust in with a big price tag on his head. Far from ideal.

This term, we'll have the season we all expected us to have last year. We'll challenge for 4th but end up missing out. I'm fine with that, but I suspect the narrative will be that it was a failure and the fact is, that would mean that we went backwards. A bad start, and there will be a huge cloud around Anfield that won't be lifted for a while.

I predict 6th. No doubt that many will call me a moaning and negative bastard but that's what I expect. Hopefully we'll get a cup run to set the pulses racing, but I foresee a season of transition for us.

I saw someone post this on a facebook group yesterday and knew i had read it somewhere. Did you have a Delorean and a Sports Almanac to hand? haha

Lottery Numbers this week please dude ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:19 pm »
Oh man, RAWK is now being roasted on reddit for the treatment Brentie got back in August

Who gives a fuck?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2015, 03:02:01 pm »
Sending Henry an email. What do you lot think about this?

Dear Mr. Henry,

I am writing to you because of a funny set of circumstances. Last Summer I was greatly worried about the season ahead. I wrote a post on an internet forum detailing my concerns and fears. I explained why I felt this way. I made predictions.

I was laughed at.

A couple of days ago, after the worst Liverpool result of my lifetime ended a season full of unwanted records, someone reposted that prediction. Since then, the post has gone viral on the internet and has been published on a number of different sites.

You can find the post here.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315071.msg13101837#msg13101837

John, I am writing to you to ask you the following: If a man like me, with no football experience bar 30 years of watching the game, can so accurately assess our weaknesses, so deconstruct in August why our season would fall apart, so prematurely correctly judge how terribly we did in the transfer market; then why couldn’t the people you employ and pay handsome sums of money to do the same?

Mr. Henry, no reasonable fan is asking you to spend your life savings on this club. In my opinion, we’ve spent enough. Not just this season, but for the last 25 years. We’ve just spent it terribly.

Liverpool Football Club remained a European superpower during the 70s and 80s by making wise moves in the transfer markets. By replacing key players with better players. They never had to spend fortunes at that time, they just spent it smart.

The club has stopped spending smart for the best parts of the last 25 years. It is a problem that predates your tenure; but still exists. We have an enormous problem in our scouting and recruiting of football players which has hamstrung us so much. I don’t need to give you examples, I’m pretty sure you know them full well.

All we ask for Mr. Henry is this: a complete restructuring of our scouting and recruiting team.  It is absolutely unacceptable that we are spending fortunes on players that do not fit either the system or type of football we play.

Mistakes will be made and they are understandable just as long as the players bought are clearly ones that could fit with the style of football the club has adopted. I doubt you would hire a lawyer to work on a futures derivatives desk. So why buy a striker with no mobility to play for an attack based on mobility? Why buy a goalkeeper who is bad with his feet for a manager who likes his goalkeeper to act as an outfield player?

The Liverpool fanbase have backed and supported you. We hope that you will ask the relevant questions now of the people you employ and pay handsome sums of money to.

Kind regards
That's good. How did you find Henry's email?  :D

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »
Not taking anything away from Brentie necessarily, but this guy said this earlier and was as accurate.  :wave

Move over Brentie, we have a new prophet

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
Move over Brentie, we have a new prophet

Back the old prophet, Brentie's done enough to keep his job, you lot are so fickle, honestly...*storms off in a huff*
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2015, 04:50:10 pm »
Back the old prophet, Brentie's done enough to keep his job, you lot are so fickle, honestly...*storms off in a huff*

What's Brentie predicted lately? Nothing! You just aren't ambitious enough!

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2015, 04:53:52 pm »
What's Brentie predicted lately? Nothing! You just aren't ambitious enough!
Brentie's prediction = 2005 CL final
New prophet = 1-6 against Stoke

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2015, 05:09:05 pm »
If I were Brentie I wouldnt post again and retire in glory.

Online surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2015, 05:15:45 pm »
If I were Brentie I wouldnt post again and retire in glory.

Aye, he's not topping that!  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: May 26, 2015, 05:27:26 pm »
I await Brenties 2015-2016 prediction!

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: May 26, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
I'm dreading it.  :D

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #774 on: May 26, 2015, 05:42:15 pm »
What is there to predict? 6th without looking at the transfers. 5th with some decent transfers.

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: May 26, 2015, 05:45:56 pm »
What is there to predict? 6th without looking at the transfers. 5th with some decent transfers.

Oh look at this guy thinking he's Brentie!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #776 on: May 26, 2015, 06:36:28 pm »
Round about the end of July, please can we have a post which talks about 2015/16 with a chance to update once the transfer windows closes. If that is as good as this year I am packing my job in and I'm going to follow you around and will feed your donkey as we travel.

In the meantime,

Should I stay in my current relationship?
When will my puppy stop pissing on the kitchen floor?
Will Tranmere get promoted?
and
When will the San Andreas fault crack California?

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #777 on: May 26, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »
Brentie - let us know if you get a reply. Good wrk
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: May 26, 2015, 06:59:35 pm »

Brentie wannabe :D
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #779 on: May 26, 2015, 07:11:13 pm »
Sending Henry an email. What do you lot think about this?

Dear Mr. Henry,

I am writing to you because of a funny set of circumstances. Last Summer I was greatly worried about the season ahead. I wrote a post on an internet forum detailing my concerns and fears. I explained why I felt this way. I made predictions.

I was laughed at.

A couple of days ago, after the worst Liverpool result of my lifetime ended a season full of unwanted records, someone reposted that prediction. Since then, the post has gone viral on the internet and has been published on a number of different sites.

You can find the post here.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315071.msg13101837#msg13101837

John, I am writing to you to ask you the following: If a man like me, with no football experience bar 30 years of watching the game, can so accurately assess our weaknesses, so deconstruct in August why our season would fall apart, so prematurely correctly judge how terribly we did in the transfer market; then why couldn’t the people you employ and pay handsome sums of money to do the same?

Mr. Henry, no reasonable fan is asking you to spend your life savings on this club. In my opinion, we’ve spent enough. Not just this season, but for the last 25 years. We’ve just spent it terribly.

Liverpool Football Club remained a European superpower during the 70s and 80s by making wise moves in the transfer markets. By replacing key players with better players. They never had to spend fortunes at that time, they just spent it smart.

The club has stopped spending smart for the best parts of the last 25 years. It is a problem that predates your tenure; but still exists. We have an enormous problem in our scouting and recruiting of football players which has hamstrung us so much. I don’t need to give you examples, I’m pretty sure you know them full well.

All we ask for Mr. Henry is this: a complete restructuring of our scouting and recruiting team.  It is absolutely unacceptable that we are spending fortunes on players that do not fit either the system or type of football we play.

Mistakes will be made and they are understandable just as long as the players bought are clearly ones that could fit with the style of football the club has adopted. I doubt you would hire a lawyer to work on a futures derivatives desk. So why buy a striker with no mobility to play for an attack based on mobility? Why buy a goalkeeper who is bad with his feet for a manager who likes his goalkeeper to act as an outfield player?

The Liverpool fanbase have backed and supported you. We hope that you will ask the relevant questions now of the people you employ and pay handsome sums of money to.

Kind regards

When he gives you ayers job could I be your pa?
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #780 on: May 26, 2015, 08:23:03 pm »
Send it Brentie.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:55 pm »
defo milking it a bit now

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »
So we're allowed  to post what's written in the fucking Metro now are we ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: May 27, 2015, 01:56:53 am »
defo milking it a bit now
I'd say let's start abusing him again. The fucker is getting on my nerves with his letters to the owner ;D

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #784 on: May 27, 2015, 02:08:40 am »
do you realise how much of a tool you sound?..... ;D

Sorry to disappoint you that I am not joining in the Brentie circle jerk   :tosser

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: May 27, 2015, 02:11:12 am »
I'd say let's start abusing him again

Haha his 15 seconds over?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: May 27, 2015, 02:21:55 am »
Haha his 15 seconds over?
Yeah, I guess so. He doesn't seem to realize that I don't have enough patience to read his post up top this page, yet he expects Henry to read it. He needs a reality check RAWK style yet again. Throw abuses, ashtrays, whatever you got, I say! ;D

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #787 on: May 27, 2015, 05:43:54 am »
To: Brentie
Thank for your letter.
The Boston Redsox are much better, thanks for the concern.
Yours,

Offline robgomm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: May 27, 2015, 09:25:25 am »
To: Brentie
Thank for your letter.
The Boston Redsox are much better, thanks for the concern.
Yours,

PS: I've enclosed a Boston Redsox novelty foam finger.

Online LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #789 on: May 27, 2015, 09:40:43 am »
Top half finish
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #790 on: May 27, 2015, 09:53:25 am »
Top half finish

We finished 6th, comfortably in the top half.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: May 27, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »
Brentie, what should my first born child be called?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #792 on: May 27, 2015, 05:35:50 pm »

Brentie of course!  ;)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: May 27, 2015, 05:43:05 pm »

Hahahah.

Thanks everyone, been good fun seeing the post everywhere on the net these last couple of days.

Head to the Transfer Forum this Summer for more prophecies :)
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: May 28, 2015, 02:42:25 pm »
Anyone willing to 'do a Brentie' and predict for next season? :D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: May 28, 2015, 03:00:09 pm »

Can't yet, need to know who the manager will be.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #796 on: May 28, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »
Let's wait for the transfer season before we fill the forum with random noise about predictions.

Expectations are set by mid-July.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #797 on: May 28, 2015, 10:18:36 pm »
Can't yet, need to know who the manager will be.
One thing is certain, if Rodgers stays on, things will get toxic and fast at the first sign of trouble, especially now that it seems there's a chance we could land Klopp or Ancelotti (even if it's not true), people seem to be baying for that change. Things would have to go unbelievably smoothly for Rodgers from here on in, to avoid an angry mob situation next season. You can just imagine the resentment towards him if we falter again having not gone for one of those two. I can't see any way back for him.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:20:36 pm by cornelius »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: May 28, 2015, 10:32:42 pm »
Paul Joyce of the Express reliable?, he's just said we had a bid turned down for Clyne, expects us to go back with a better offer.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: May 29, 2015, 06:32:54 pm »
Is there a particular reason that our club would actually consider Ancelotti? I can't see how he fits.

I want to see FSG poach the DoF at Sevilla and their manager too. They've performed absolute miracles.

Just changing the manager will not do it. And keeping Rodgers and tweaking the committee is unlikely to either. It seems obvious to me that we don't have any current competitive advantage in the way that we are set-up and that's not what was supposed to happen. We were supposed to be finding a fast track method via metrics to do basically what Southampton have been doing.