Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight  (Read 176571 times)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »
I didn't even know what he looked like yesterday. But the articles written about him so far sound promising.

He could of walked past me this morning and I wouldn't of noticed him

Offline Tarantino Red

• Legacy Fan
  • A$AP
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:09 pm »
I couldn't care less what other clubs & their fans think for starters.

And from what I know of him - I'd think they had appointed someone with the potential to be a top, top manager. Albeit a brave decision to hire him.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »
Still not entirely sold on the idea of him being our manager. I think it's a massive gamble by the owners, and if it backfires, it backfires on them and not the man they appointed. Regardless, I'll get behind the man. No other choice, have I? The odd thing is, when Hodgson got the job, I felt low in the pit of my stomach. I don't get that feeling with Rodgers, so that's a good start I suppose.

Let's see if you can handle the big time Brendan. Welcome.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:02 pm »
You know it's bad when you have to put loads of articles and Youtube videos up to find out about your new manager.

My litmus test would be if Arsenal, Chelsea or MAnU said this was their new manager would you laugh?

Yeah, I remember laughing my balls off when Arsenal appointed a no mark from the Japanese league. I actually did laugh when Di Matteo was appointed by Chelsea....

Why are people so intent on worrying what other fans think? Chelsea fans wouldn't be laughing at any managerial appointment any club makes for a good few years, in fact I'm sure most of their fans don't even know who is in charge right now.

I'm excited by Rogers. Of course it could go either way, but I've had enough of negativity, of the weight of legacy and expectation. I'm cutting the optimist figure for a whole season and I'm going to enjoy it.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »
His demeanour reminds me of Souness.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:25 pm »
Exactly.

Look at the 'Hodgson appointed thread'. Look at the owl-faced c*nts history. Look at the football his teams play. Truly shit on a stick.
Absolutely shocking stuff. Rodgers is going to be a great manager.

My litmus test would be if Arsenal, Chelsea or MAnU said this was their new manager would you laugh?
Arsenal appointed their manager from Nagoya Grampus Eight.
Chelsea's champions league winning manager was from MK Dons.

I wouldn't laugh, I would say it would be a good appointment. The fella was favourite for Spurs when Harry was going to leave. Would you of laughed if he got the job? Was also linked with Chelsea, too.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:28 pm »
People saying we have to manage our expectations, some talk of  mid table. 1. We won't keep top players 2. We won't get top players 3. I just can't accept that shit

This coming year, we need to be fighting to get into 4th. I expect that at the least from everyone, owners, manager, players, fans.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »
His demeanour reminds me of Souness.

that's not exatly reassuring

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »
good luck. Wish him all the best and fully behind him
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Stag Beetle

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 05:30:15 pm »
Well if I haven't been bothered to google him in the past couple of weeks, he can't be any good.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »
Yeah, I remember laughing my balls off when Arsenal appointed a no mark from the Japanese league. I actually did laugh when Di Matteo was appointed by Chelsea....

Why are people so intent on worrying what other fans think? Chelsea fans wouldn't be laughing at any managerial appointment any club makes for a good few years, in fact I'm sure most of their fans don't even know who is in charge right now.

I'm excited by Rogers. Of course it could go either way, but I've had enough of negativity, of the weight of legacy and expectation. I'm cutting the optimist figure for a whole season and I'm going to enjoy it.

Arsenal haven't won anything for 6 seasons even though they play good football.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »
You're exactly 9 years younger than Mourinho then.

we are the special ones!

Offline redend

• Kopite
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
No Official announcement, although it looks pretty banged on, Interesting that the Warrior Deal kicks in on Friday, cue the press conference with Warrior logo's behind the new manager wall to wall and tree top tall.

He is the man, I am behind him. onwards now.

Brendan welcome aboard, fasten your seat belt and lets get cracking.
What's this Sid James Stuff about ?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 05:34:12 pm »
People saying we have to manage our expectations, some talk of  mid table. 1. We won't keep top players 2. We won't get top players 3. I just can't accept that shit

This coming year, we need to be fighting to get into 4th. I expect that at the least from everyone, owners, manager, players, fans.

You expect too much. I'd reign your hopes in otherwise you are going to have a pretty unhappy season.

Chelsea are recruiting a new manager and will spend big this season. Manchester City will break the bank again. Spurs will recruit. Even Arsenal are bying and if reports are to be believed then Manchester United will be spending megabucks to catch up again.

On top of that you've got other ambitious clubs floating around the midtable and up mark.

We can't compete with the experience of the mangers in place (Except Chelsea who will be bringing a big name in) and we will be nowhere near competing with any of the major spending clubs - I'd guess our whole budget will be dwarfed by one or two signings from those clubs.

Then you've got more upheaveal at the club - all the sackings will take their toll. There is no way that a few months is going to be enough for everyone new to instantly gel and everything to fall into place. It won't happen. The manager will take time to settle. The players that stay will take time to settle. New signings will take time to settle and the Director of Football and all the other appointments will take a few seasons to work well together.

I'd say that three years should be where we are looking for early signs of us moving forward. Four years and we should be nearly there and five years we should be thinking about challenging for the top four spots. After that, depending on how many managers we go through and how the business side performs maybe anything from five to twenty years to try and have a tilt at the title.

We're in it for the long run now. We've started again. That takes time. Lots of time.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »
Thanks to the OP for collating all that, long read but well worth it.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »
Not overwhelmed but prefer him to Martinez who seems to be the other option.  I remember in the past he has said some good things about Kenny which was good to hear and which makes it a bit ironic he now replaces him.

Aah well, thats it then. Good luck to him.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:23 pm »
The likes of Pepe(Rodgers loves a sweeper keeper), Lucas, Henderson and Agger will thrive in his system. Charlie Adam may not.

I'm not convinced Henderson will. Although he is obviously a ball player, I think the aspect of constantly harrying the opposition when we don't have the ball is not something he yet has in his game. Lucas will thrive big time under the system, he is perfect for it.

Offline The Kings Army

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »
I'm happy with it to be honest. Brendan Rodgers knows football. He understands the modern game as well as anybody does these days, and he knows how to get the best out of players. Like he said in his post match interview at Anfield "not many opposing teams come off and get a round of applause from the Liverpool fans" and they deserved it.  and that was all his work. He seems to be a massive student of the game, and working under Mourinho for a few years, he will have learned a wealth of knowledge.

His problem is at the moment, he hasn't had a team to compete with. Although Swansea play very attractive football, they aren't worldbeaters and were never going to challenge for the title or Europe. We can.

We shouldn't be worrying whether he can manage the transition to a bigger club, We should be wondering  what he can do with an upgrade in players. His footballing philosophy is spot on, I don't worry about the way we are going to play, he suits Liverpool's pass and move philosophy perfectly, I just hope the team gels with him quickly. He takes his job very seriously, and always has a plan of where he is going and what he is doing (something we missed in abundance with Hodgson, so please don't compare them), and how can you go wrong if you copy the spanish national team philosophy?

The part of his job which I worry about is transfers. He's never had dealings with big players before, so I wonder what his knowledge is like concerning scouting and such, Increasing the need for Van Gaal. I'll tell ya though, FSG have got some bollocks, this could be a shrewd acquisition if we get both Rodgers and Van Gaal.
There's high, and then there's high, and to get really high--i mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--  that's where i'm going"
George Harrison

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:53 pm »
I love this quote from him, he'll fit in nicely into this city with this view...

"I used to help dad paint and decorate to earn pocket money. He installed in me the value of a hard day's work. He believes that leads to success in whatever you do. He's right," he said.

"He'd work from dawn to dusk to ensure his young family had everything. I think you can see his philosophies in my team."

“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/11/brendan-rodgers-swansea-city

I wonder if he is still going to this training camp?  Might be busy, but can see him still going and making an appearance to all the Spanish players... wink, wink, nudge, nudge.  Btw, didn't see the article in the OP, but please delete if I missed it and this is redundant.

Brendan Rodgers: Spain have been a great model for me over many years
Swansea's young manager is about to complete an impressive first Premier League season and he is heading to join Vincente del Bosque's Euro 2012 training camp for four days

Stuart James
guardian.co.uk, Friday 11 May 2012 18.03 EDT

Brendan Rodgers calls the shots during a Swansea training session, which he keeps a close eye on at all times.

It is 9am on Wednesday at Glamorgan Health and Racquets club and the cafe is a busy place to be. Fitness fanatics are strutting in and out, a few toddlers are testing the patience of their mothers and those a little longer in the tooth are sipping coffee while flicking through the papers. It is not a particularly unusual scene, apart from the fact that on one table, seemingly oblivious to everything going on around him, a Premier League manager is holding the morning meeting with his backroom staff.

Brendan Rodgers, whose Swansea City side have been such a revelation in the Premier League this season, must feel as if he works in a goldfish bowl. Without a training ground of their own, Swansea make do with what is effectively an upmarket leisure centre, where the public mingle with the players in an environment that feels a million miles from the state-of-the-art facilities and acres of land most Premier League managers take for granted.

Not that Rodgers seems fazed. The only request the Northern Irishman made when he took charge a couple of years ago was to have his own office, which is not much bigger than a broom cupboard and located in a corridor that everyone walks past to get to and from the changing rooms. "This was a physiotherapy room," Rodgers says from behind his desk. "When I came here there was no office. But I needed some sort of privacy. It's not what Arsčne Wenger or Mr. Ferguson has but, listen, it's raw and it allows me to work."

Rodgers loves to work, especially on the training field, which has been his "natural environment" ever since he took up coaching at Reading in his early 20s. This week he invited the Guardian to spend a morning with him to talk tactics and to see the training sessions that have helped to produce a Swansea team who have made more passes this season than any other Premier League club. It is a remarkable statistic, although what is often overlooked is how hard Swansea work without the ball. Their pressing game, where they close people down in zones and at speed, is fundamental to the way they play.

"I like teams to control and dominate the ball, so the players are hungry for the ball," Rodgers says. "You'll see in some of our exercises this morning, a lot of our work is around the transition and getting the ball back very quickly. Because I believe if you give a bad player time, he can play. If you give a good player time, he can kill you. So our emphasis is based around our positioning both with and without the ball. And for us, when we press well, we pass well."

Winning the ball back quickly and high up the pitch was a key feature of Barcelona's approach under Pep Guardiola and, as Rodgers explains, is much more sophisticated than it may appear. "You cannot go on your own," he says. "You work on zonal pressure, so that when it is in your zone, you have the capacity to press. That ability to press immediately, within five or six seconds to get the ball, is important. But you also have to understand when you can't and what the triggers are then to go for it again because you can't run about like a madman.

"It's decision-making and intelligence. And this was always the thing with the British player, they were always deemed never to be intelligent, not to have good decision-making skills but could fight like hell for the ball. I believe they have all of the [attributes] and, if you can structure that, then you can have real, effective results."

Swansea are living proof. They go into the final game of the season, at home against Liverpool on Sunday with a chance of finishing in the top 10. Whatever happens, though, it has been a remarkable campaign. They have not only won matches but won them in style, including memorable victories against Arsenal and Manchester City. There was also the goalless draw at Anfield in November, when Swansea were applauded off the pitch by Liverpool fans.

"That was really touching because that is such an historic ground," Rodgers says. "But I suppose in terms of performance the highlight has to be beating what could be the champions, Man City. To actually dominate the game as well — we controlled possession, kept passing and kept the confidence and then, eventually, we were able to get the breakthrough. So in terms of where they're at and where we're at it was a defining moment."

It is close to 10.30am and Rodgers is looking at his watch, the cue to dash to the training pitch, which is artificial and belongs to the Llandarcy Academy of Sport and Learning. The grass pitches that Swansea used earlier in the season were dug up and relaid a couple of months ago, leaving them with little option but to train on an all-weather surface. Not that the facilities appear to have any effect on the standard of a training session that is fascinating to watch.

At one stage nine players are working in small teams of three in an area that seems so confined that it is difficult to believe they will be able to run around freely, let alone pass to a team-mate without an opponent intercepting. Yet they manage to do so time and again, often taking no more than one touch before quickly moving to create an angle to receive the next ball. All the while those without the ball are snapping at their heels, pressing with the sort of intensity that Rodgers demands in matches. It is, in short, easy to see why they are so good at keeping and retrieving the ball.

"When I first came in I said to the players, we will push ourselves in every element of training, so it's reflective of the real game, so I don't have to go on about intensity all the time because that is an obligation," says Rodgers, who closely watches training all of the time. "This morning's session is based around football strength, small-space work, lots of options on the ball and covering the principles of our game, which are possession, transition, pass-think, pass-think, pass-think and the core ingredient of hard work."

It goes without saying that Rodgers would like better facilities but the players seem to buy into the idea that Swansea are offering something more valuable than plush locker rooms and rows of immaculate training pitches. "There is only a certain type of player that will come here, a player that is hungry and a player that wants to develop his talent," says Rodgers. "You get the raw materials here in this moment but they're arguably the most important materials, which are time and quality on the training field."

They also get to perform for a manager who has a clear philosophy on how his team should play. Rodgers talks about four phases that underpin Swansea's approach when they have the ball. "There is the building and constructing from behind, the preparation through midfield, the creativity to arrive in the areas and then the taking of the goals. These are all areas that we have to continually improve on but that is the basis of our game and it doesn't change."

One of the few criticisms levelled at Swansea this season is that they often keep the ball in their own half or in areas where they are not hurting the opposition, although that argument is flawed in several respects. Rodgers points out that, while the primary reason for possession will always be to penetrate, the simple fact is that, while Swansea have the ball, the opposition are unable to score. He also says that by "recycling" the ball for long periods his team are able to recover. "The only time we rest is when we have the ball," the 39-year-old says. "When we haven't got the ball is the moment for intense pressure to get the ball back. But you can't go for 90 minutes, so in order to recuperate and conserve energy, we'll do that sometimes by building our way through the game — our tiki-taka football, our small lending games to keep the ball.

"When we're stuck in the game, we go back to our default system, which is possession."

Always open to fresh ideas, Rodgers has been exploring an alternative system, which he tested in the 4-4 draw against Wolves last month, when Swansea changed from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3. He also hopes to have a few more tricks up his sleeve after spending four days with Spain at their Euro 2012 training camp in Austria later this month, as a guest of their manager, Vicente del Bosque. "Spain have been a great model for me over many years, so I always take the chance where I can to travel and understand new methods," Rodgers says.

Before then, however, Swansea aim to finish off their season in style. Rodgers, back in his office after training, points to four words scribbled on a whiteboard. "Our motto was that there, Per Ardua Ad Astra, which means through adversity to the stars. Because this is what we're in, a real adverse situation," he says. "So this weekend is about celebrating success. For us to stay at this level, for the players, my staff, the club and the supporters, it is an incredible achievement."

What's in a day: Swansea's training routine

10am, Warm-up The players begin their warm-up on the tennis courts in the fitness centre, where they do some core work. Then they have agility work and relay races on the training pitch

10.45am, Keep-ball The players are split into two groups and those on the outside, who are allowed only one touch, try to keep the ball off the two in the middle

11am, Six v three Remaining in two groups of nine, the players are split into three teams of three within each group. In a confined area, 10 yards by five yards, each team of three takes it in turns to try and get the ball off the other six players with the aim of scoring in the small goalsat either end

11.15am, Twelve v six The players move to a bigger area, 40 yards by 30 yards, and this time it is six versus six in the middle, with full-size goals and goalkeepers at either end. The other six players are located on the outside and are on the side of the team that has the ball, effectively making it 12 v six

11.45am, Shooting Midfielders and forwards stay behind for a shooting session

Midday, Finish The sessions are 25 minutes shorter than normal at this stage of the season
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:41:29 pm by bclfc »
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:08 pm »
Best of luck to him. He gets my support.

Can't help but have a tinge of regret that the King didn't get another season.

Onwards, and hopefully upwards.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:46 pm »
A very interesting appointment.  Good luck Roger Brendans, you get my full unequivocal support.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »
Arsenal haven't won anything for 6 seasons even though they play good football.

well let's compare our premier league titles to theirs, our average league positions to theirs, give me arsenal every day. we would need to win stuff, ideally, but we can't criticise a club that's just finished 3rd...

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
I'm not convinced Henderson will. Although he is obviously a ball player, I think the aspect of constantly harrying the opposition when we don't have the ball is not something he yet has in his game. Lucas will thrive big time under the system, he is perfect for it.

I think Hendo will love it, he's got a great engine on him, he'll probably play the Allen role, though I wouldn't be against seeing him brought in as well.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2012, 05:38:33 pm »
Swansea fans are fucking bitter. Listening to them on the radio, saying he's not that good a manager, the team was already playing football he didn't do much. Really. 
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »

Are you messing?? Henderson works his balls off every match he plays in! Be it attacking or defending, he's always looking to move into space. I think Jordan will excel under rogers personally.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »
Swansea fans are fucking bitter. Listening to them on the radio, saying he's not that good a manager, the team was already playing football he didn't do much. Really. 

You can't blame them if they are unhappy that their manager has been poached.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:08 pm »
As long as he knows how to defend the club and doesn't make us a laughing stock then he's off to a good start

Everything else will come if his team's play nice possession football, unfortunately it's this part that's the gamble as he just hasn't been around long enough to judge his ability, that's the difference between him and Roy at the minute, most of us knew Roy was shite before he stepped through the door. For those reasons I'll give him a chance, unlike Roy, but if he starts ball licking the LMA members and not sticking up for the club then he can do one and pouring out average result the daggers will be out.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:11 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/11/brendan-rodgers-swansea-city

Brendan Rodgers: Spain have been a great model for me over many years
Swansea's young manager is about to complete an impressive first Premier League season and he is heading to join Vincente del Bosque's Euro 2012 training camp for four days

I wonder if he is still going to this training camp?  Might be busy, but can see him still going and making an appearance to all the Spanish players... wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I'm sure he'll want still want to go, will give him a chance to meet Pepe as well.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »
Lets get fully behind brendan and see where it takes us. Im cautiously optimistic. The team around him will be crucial and the backing from FSG.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:13 pm »
Does this mean we get to be all crazy about prospective transfers instead?

As the article(s) alluded to, I reckon the wings are in for a big overhaul.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »

Wouldn't take too much notice of them, just listen to the Liverpool fans on phone-in shows.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »
As far as I'm aware he's never sucked up to Ferguson or the LMA either has he?

If he was mates with Mourinho then let's hope he's developed the hatred he had for everything LMA, FA, Sky and Ferguson.

Offline ShanksLad

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »
I have to say, I have a lot to learn about him - as do a lot of us, I guess. But the more I learn about Brendan Rodgers, the more I'm excited about his appointment. His work ethic, his commitment to learning, his style of play, his methodical approach...

I just hope that he gets 2 seasons without people jumping on his back. If the press give him the 'Hodgson' treatment, I might just have to start hunting journos down.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:45 pm »

Jim's just heard the news on sky tv. 

He's got a yaught, a posh car, abit on the side, a box at city and united, and now he's manager of liverpool!!!

He's one big headed get.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »
As far as I'm aware he's never sucked up to Ferguson or the LMA either has he?

If he was mates with Mourinho then let's hope he's developed the hatred he had for everything LMA, FA, Sky and Ferguson.

He'll be his own man. He'll respect other managers but he won't be a soft touch to anyone.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »
I'm sure he'll want still want to go, will give him a chance to meet Pepe as well.

Think hes been over mate , sure i watched a vid on Youtube were he mentioned it .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »
I will be right behind him, but I'm not going to treat him like he's the new Messiah.

Some people seem to be going overboard right away acting like we will be playing fast attacking passing football from day one, they will be the ones moaning after a few games if we are not.

He will need time and money to build up the squad and I imagine he may need more than the 3 year contract that is rumored.

Remember it's year zero.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »

Jim's just heard the news on sky tv. 

He's got a yaught, a posh car, abit on the side, a box at city and united, and now he's manager of liverpool!!!

He's one big headed get.

Ha ha. My missus met him the other night (In Character) at the Jewellry thing in town at the weekend. Said he was a great laugh and a nice bloke.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »
Andy Carroll does not like this.

Neither does Danny Graham.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]