Author Topic: Dexter Series 6 now 7 too (PLEASE use spoiler tags). Season 7 now on in US  (Read 34152 times)

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
Absolutely mate - it was laugh out loud early on.
And some of the situations Dexter got into and some of the other characters were great.
It was funny & witty and had heart too.

I've read a few season & finale reviews and people are really harsh on the show...Don't get it personally, its first & foremost entertainment and if Dexter doesn't entertain you then there's something wrong I think.

Never fancied the books really I heard they were average so just stuck with the show.
Might revisit the start of the show as its been 6-7 years since I watched those early episodes.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I kinda like this guys rewrite.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hl407-PZa3k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hl407-PZa3k</a>
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
I enjoyed Dexter. Funny, some good villains, enjoyable characters, was nice seeing it from the serial killers view. Did lost it's way a bit but still liked it after 3/4th season , season 8 was good but felt the last 15 minutes shot itself in the foot

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
I enjoyed Dexter. Funny, some good villains, enjoyable characters, was nice seeing it from the serial killers view. Did lost it's way a bit but still liked it after 3/4th season , season 8 was good but felt the last 15 minutes shot itself in the foot
I defended the last season, but those last fifteen, yeesh.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was an insult to it's watchers unfortunately

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They managed to even visually make it not look like Dexter usually looked, the actual show aesthetic I mean.
Was weird from the storm scene, to the scene with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina to the logging stuff...Just looked completely different - like it was tacked on or perhaps "all just a dream"

Not sure of anyone else saw it that way but to me it looked different.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan

They managed to even visually make it not look like Dexter usually looked, the actual show aesthetic I mean.
Was weird from the storm scene, to the scene with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina to the logging stuff...Just looked completely different - like it was tacked on or perhaps "all just a dream"

Not sure of anyone else saw it that way but to me it looked different.
It certainly looked different, there were a few 'It was all a dream' theories mentioned at the time.  If Dexter ever came back, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the opening episode had him washed up on a beach somewhere.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Just started watching it, loving it.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It certainly looked different, there were a few 'It was all a dream' theories mentioned at the time.  If Dexter ever came back, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the opening episode had him washed up on a beach somewhere.

Definitely mate, I'm not sure there'll be another series but maybe a spin-off or feature length episode.
I'd leave it personally but I'd definitely watch something Dexter based if it did happen.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just started watching it, loving it.

It really is one of the better shows if the last few years IMHO.
Juat has a good mix of everything and it's great tv.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan

It really is one of the better shows if the last few years IMHO.
Juat has a good mix of everything and it's great tv.
It has it's detractors and the final couple of seasons perhaps left a bad taste for some, but the first four seasons are up there with anything in my opinion.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly - all 8 seasons are not consistently the same amazing quality but when it was really cooking - as you say the first 4 seasons - it was ridiculously entertaining, gripping and a hell of a lot of fun.
I think that's what people don't often get - this show isn't tying to be The Sopranos or some Nordic Noir.. .it was a fun show that had some excellent episodes.
If you like the horror or crime genre and dark humour, then Dexter was great and Michael C Hall was incredible in the lead role.

I suppose it's like any art, it either gets to you or not, you either feel a connection or not.

It's like people who complain about and slate Banshee....what's the point?
It's a ridiculous, OTT, bonkers show that is just pure fun and entertainment.
I think Dexter is a level or two above Banshee but the point remains - people need to remember that TV shows are mostly there to entertain.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:21:41 pm by johnsmithlfc »