Author Topic: Peter Moore CEO  (Read 45436 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Peter Moore CEO
« Reply #200 on: March 2, 2017, 06:12:29 am »
How do people know some much about this bloke? I didn't realise there were so many avid followers of business on here.
haha. Sure most wouldn't have heard of him last sunday
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #201 on: March 2, 2017, 07:56:02 am »
Interesting this talk of a sporting director like Monshi...

He could never succeed at Liverpool.  His model of player buying wouldn't be acceptable at a club like ours.

This is not to say ours is acceptable, but you couldn't run his strategy at a club the size of ours without a fans revolt.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #202 on: March 2, 2017, 08:15:14 am »
Yep, there still exists a massive vacuum at the top in Liverpool FC. Moores position is merely trivial, and he will just be trawled out to offer some PR speak that Ayre lacked, spinning out some rent a quotes regarding new sponsorship deals or player signings.

The vacuum that exists is the major concern. As you say, Michael Edwards - the lad who has obviously never heard the saying 'a camel is a horse designed by committee'. In its essence, that quote sums up the tawdry shoddy business him and his cohorts have undertaken at Liverpool. A hodge podge gathering of a squad that is neither good enough nor the sum of its parts.

The lad Edwards and co (the equally useless Barry Hunter, Dave Fallows, Mike Gordon) like to offer a pretence that makes them look innovative, sophisticated and supreme with their recruitment strategy, but the reality is they are merely incompetent scatterbrains offering a scattergun approach at the bargain bins of the transfer market.

Utterly utterly useless.

It will be nice if Moore decides to sack all this underperforming staffs.  Get only the best with great proven record of finding good youth players and finding players that are not needed for their club like Coutinho.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2017, 08:19:45 am by Advil »
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #203 on: March 2, 2017, 08:17:16 am »

He could never succeed at Liverpool.  His model of player buying wouldn't be acceptable at a club like ours.

This is not to say ours is acceptable, but you couldn't run his strategy at a club the size of ours without a fans revolt.

Monchi and Zorc will never come to us due to the loyalty with their respective clubs. 

If either was willing they will be perfect for LFC.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: March 2, 2017, 08:20:19 am »

Monchi was employed when sevilla got relegated years ago. His marching orders were to revamp their youth system and create a scouting network to identify talent.

He has overdelivered to say it the least, but I am not really sure what the marching orders were for our sporting people..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: March 2, 2017, 08:43:40 am »
Yep, there still exists a massive vacuum at the top in Liverpool FC. Moores position is merely trivial, and he will just be trawled out to offer some PR speak that Ayre lacked, spinning out some rent a quotes regarding new sponsorship deals or player signings.

The vacuum that exists is the major concern. As you say, Michael Edwards - the lad who has obviously never heard the saying 'a camel is a horse designed by committee'. In its essence, that quote sums up the tawdry shoddy business him and his cohorts have undertaken at Liverpool. A hodge podge gathering of a squad that is neither good enough nor the sum of its parts.

The lad Edwards and co (the equally useless Barry Hunter, Dave Fallows, Mike Gordon) like to offer a pretence that makes them look innovative, sophisticated and supreme with their recruitment strategy, but the reality is they are merely incompetent scatterbrains offering a scattergun approach at the bargain bins of the transfer market.

Utterly utterly useless.

I bet you couldn't even point out one exact bit of work or opinion any of those you've mentioned have given at the club over the last 12 months. So quite how you're able to pass judgement is beyond me.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 2, 2017, 12:24:29 pm »
So we've ended up with this?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #207 on: March 2, 2017, 12:31:36 pm »
The role descriptions are probably a little out, but in general they aren't too far off.

Werner also owns more than 10% along with Henry and Gordon.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #208 on: March 2, 2017, 12:31:48 pm »

He works the way suits Sevilla and would just do the same here

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #209 on: March 2, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »
Have any of our players gone onto senior management in any industry post football?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 2, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »
Monchi and Zorc will never come to us due to the loyalty with their respective clubs. 

Monchi tried to leave Sevilla last summer.  What loyalty to Sevilla would stop him from coming to LFC?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 2, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »
I bet you couldn't even point out one exact bit of work or opinion any of those you've mentioned have given at the club over the last 12 months. So quite how you're able to pass judgement is beyond me.

12 months? Theres five years of shoddy transfers on show, meaning we're still desperately playing catchup.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #212 on: March 2, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »
He's rather famous.

Fair enough, but I'd wager that the majority of Liverpool fans don't know who he is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: March 2, 2017, 02:58:02 pm »
12 months? Theres five years of shoddy transfers on show, meaning we're still desperately playing catchup.

I'm taking about their specific hand in things. What they actually did, recommended, anything to suggest you have some sort of actual knowledge of their activity over the last 12 months which would allow you to make an educated assessment (rather than pure guess) at their ability.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 2, 2017, 04:31:20 pm »
I'm taking about their specific hand in things. What they actually did, recommended, anything to suggest you have some sort of actual knowledge of their activity over the last 12 months which would allow you to make an educated assessment (rather than pure guess) at their ability.

I think Matt's point is that since FSG took over we havent really progressed football wise.

And, as in any other business, senior management is judged by the end results, and not the process. If you cant transform you knowledge and skills into results then its useless. We have since FSG took over invested roughly 150mil into our squad without seeing any improvements, this could indicate that the people in charge of recruitment is not really capable.

However, the issue is that the expectation and results is not aligned between FSG and the fans. In the eyes of FSG senior management might exceed their goals, but in the eyes of fans the senior management is pretty useless on the football side.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #215 on: March 2, 2017, 04:34:18 pm »
I think Matt's point is that since FSG took over we havent really progressed football wise.

And, as in any other business, senior management is judged by the end results, and not the process. If you cant transform you knowledge and skills into results then its useless. We have since FSG took over invested roughly 150mil into our squad without seeing any improvements, this could indicate that the people in charge of recruitment is not really capable.

However, the issue is that the expectation and results is not aligned between FSG and the fans. In the eyes of FSG senior management might exceed their goals, but in the eyes of fans the senior management is pretty useless on the football side.

No, I get the concept of judging employees by their end results, however you have to look at their input in to these end results that are being judged - hence me asking what their input was. If you don't know then I'm a little unsure exactly how you're able to make any sort of judgment which isn't complete rubbish.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 2, 2017, 04:44:42 pm »
No, I get the concept of judging employees by their end results, however you have to look at their input in to these end results that are being judged - hence me asking what their input was. If you don't know then I'm a little unsure exactly how you're able to make any sort of judgment which isn't complete rubbish.

What their input was? Mate, just look at the calvacade of mediocrity that arrived at Liverpool as players, are you seriously telling me that the Transfer Committee operates in spite of FSG?

They do the hiring, firing and all the signings of all senior members (including the incompetent unqualified committee members) - and we're still in limbo under them. If you told me one trophy in 7 years as owners and just one top 4 finish was what we'd get under FSG back in October 2010, then I'd say that's the result of bad ownership. Or are we just going to keep using the managers as scapegoats?
« Last Edit: March 2, 2017, 04:46:35 pm by mattD »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #217 on: March 2, 2017, 04:47:26 pm »
What their input was? Mate, just look at the calvacade of mediocrity that arrived at Liverpool as players, are you seriously telling me that the Transfer Committee operates in spite of FSG?

They do the hiring, firing and all the signings - and we're still in limbo under them. If you told me one trophy in 7 years as owners and just one top 4 finish was what we'd get under FSG back in October 2010, then I'd call that bad ownership.

Or are we just going to keep useing the managers as scapegoats?

Once again, you're ignoring any sort of individual role these people played. It's like you think they've got some sort of hive mind which all thought the same, therefore should all be judged and treated the same.

I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if you work in a team and do every single thing right, as required of you from your bosses, but then someone else on your team fucks up their part which results in a bad decision being made - should you be judged the same as that one who fucked up?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #218 on: March 2, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »
Once again, you're ignoring any sort of individual role these people played. It's like you think they've got some sort of hive mind which all thought the same, therefore should all be judged and treated the same.

I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if you work in a team and do every single thing right, as required of you from your bosses, but then someone else on your team fucks up their part which results in a bad decision being made - should you be judged the same as that one who fucked up?

You mean the way LFC was run in our pomp with a sense of collective responsibility.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #219 on: March 2, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »
You mean the way LFC was run in our pomp with a sense of collective responsibility.

Collective responsibility does not mean if there is a problem that everyone is blamed and all are sacked.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 2, 2017, 05:08:31 pm »
Can we keep general observations about FSG in the appropriate thread please :)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 2, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »
I only know this guy from his E3 appearances.

With respect to the guy,FSG have been looking for a CEO for a long time and this guy even though not in football sense seems to know his stuff about a CEO position,he must be highly rated as Microsoft seemed to be disappointed in him leaving when he joined EA sports,and i'm sure it will be the same with EA as well.

Good to know he is a scouser and longtime Red,he'll be wanting the club to be strong on and off the pitch under his tenure as CEO,i don't see why people can question this,he has a great pedigree at steering a ship in business and making bold decisions,read what he did when he took on Sony when the XBOX came out,the marketing strategy and getting big gaming studios under the microsoft umbrella away from Sony clutches for exclusivity,i'm sure he did something similar with the FIFA franchise against pro Evo who were the top dogs at the time in football games and well FIFA is the football game of choice now with a huge market share.

Lets hope he can do something like that with our club that gets us stronger on and off the pitch by using his experience and making bold decisions.

He seems to strive to be the best when he is in a leadership position.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 2, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
I say give the bloke a chance. He might actually do a really good job.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 2, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »
Personally, his business connections, especially those with EA, will probably mean entirely new revenue streams for us. Really, from the business side of things, I see nothing wrong with this appointment at all.

But I must admit, I still hate the fact that he worked for that vile corporation, no matter how nice he is of a man. Hope he does a great job for us.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #224 on: March 2, 2017, 07:05:15 pm »
I don't like the company EA but it seems like Moore is creative and innovative with his marketing ideas as well as a genuine passion for LFC so hopefully that means good things for us. He grew up wanting to be a footballer from Liverpool and started his business career from the bottom in Liverpool, knows about the game and did some coaching in America so we know he has a passion for the game and can also speak well and lead. Then obviously with his job in EA with the FIFA game he would've met and liaised with a lot of football people and analysts.

Let see how he does his job and what roles he will assume before sticking the knife in...
I'm not slagging Edwards, but Moore does seem like a better fit for a(our) Sporting Director. He's obviously much more ambitious to take on that role, but still..
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #225 on: March 2, 2017, 07:07:56 pm »

Fuck them anyway. We need to work on us.

There is a relatively successful DoF/Technical Director in Brittain anyway- Les Reed, but we can't just raid Southampton whenever we feel like it. Les has laid out Southampton's direction for the foreseeable future- starting in 2010. The profile of player, the style of play, the type of manager etc..
That's why Southampton's been able to unearth such talented players who could perform FOR THEM(not necessarily for other philosophies).

We'll just have to see how things will work out for us. Kenny/Barnes/Nicol could've been great DoFs- who knows, but you can't get everything you want.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2017, 07:57:54 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 3, 2017, 12:11:19 am »
Reading Mike Gordons old interview in the Echo - someone who is rumoured is the main man running the ship here at Liverpool, i have my doubts whether Moore will be actually running the ship as a CEO in the true regard. Or if Gordon is still the main man in charge, making all decisions. With the actual CEO is just the lacky running around doing the leg work.

Never believed Ayre was in charge in the true sense, but looking at Moore's background i very much doubt he is just here to do the leg work in the way Ayre was.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2017, 01:28:47 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 3, 2017, 12:41:03 am »
Fuck them anyway. We need to work on us.

There is a relatively successful DoF/Technical Director in Brittain anyway- Les Reed, but we can't just raid Southampton whenever we feel like it. Les has laid out Southampton's direction for the foreseeable future- starting in 2010. The profile of player, the style of play, the type of manager etc..
That's why Southampton's been able to unearth such talented players who could perform FOR THEM(not necessarily for other philosophies).

We'll just have to see how things will work out for us. Kenny/Barnes/Nicol could've been great DoFs- who knows, but you can't get everything you want.

Just a quick deviation from the topic, but Les Reed's transformation from typical low grade English coach to forward thinking and modern thinking Director of Football is quite remarkable.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 3, 2017, 11:30:16 am »
Reading Mike Gordons old interview in the Echo - someone who is rumoured is the main man running the ship here at Liverpool, i have my doubts whether Moore will be actually running the ship as a CEO in the true regard. Or if Gordon is still the main man in charge, making all decisions. With the actual CEO is just the lacky running around doing the leg work.

Never believed Ayre was in charge in the true sense, but looking at Moore's background i very much doubt he is just here to do the leg work in the way Ayre was.

From what I understood Ayre's role narrowed over recent times and Gordon's expanded. It wouldn't surprise me if Gordon takes a step back now that Moore and the wider desired structure is in place. I'm sure he'll still be the FSG representative taking the most interest in the club but I doubt he'll be getting involved with negotiating transfers and other day to day operational activities.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #229 on: March 3, 2017, 12:41:11 pm »

The board of directors define goals to be achieved by the club (see: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/directors).

Roger Moore, as Ian Ayre before him, can influence these goals as a member of the board of directors. He is responsible for reaching these goals, defining a strategy to best reach these goals and of course implementing this strategy in the corporation.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #230 on: March 3, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »
Roger Moore, as Ian Ayre before him, can influence these goals as a member of the board of directors.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #231 on: March 3, 2017, 01:10:06 pm »

Roger Moore, as Ian Ayre before him, can influence these goals as a member of the board of directors. He is responsible for reaching these goals, defining a strategy to best reach these goals and of course implementing this strategy in the corporation.
Moore had to create a unique bond in the hierarchy

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 3, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
We don't know what FSG  asked of Moore. The document read "For Your Eyes Only".

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 3, 2017, 03:53:33 pm »
We Just love Southampton don't we , are new CEO is an ex saint

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #234 on: March 3, 2017, 03:55:24 pm »
We Just love Southampton don't we , are new CEO is an ex saint

In what capacity?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 3, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »
In what capacity?

Television, mostly.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 3, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #238 on: March 3, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »
TV, prozone, EA anything but real football but then again in the emails JWH in 2010 made it clear that he thought the brightest and best didn't currently work in Soccer.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 3, 2017, 04:06:15 pm »
TV, prozone, EA anything but real football but then again in the emails JWH in 2010 made it clear that he thought the brightest and best didn't currently work in Soccer.

I don't see the point of posting this, it's hardly anything new to what you keep saying.