Author Topic: Ever the Optimist.  (Read 57619 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ever the Optimist.
« Reply #200 on: February 5, 2017, 02:51:07 pm »
surprisingly encouraging to look (from behind your fingers) at the league table, and see that our fallen-off-a-cliff form still hasn't really effected the shake-up for the top 4 places.......3 points next weekend - which we are more than capable of, despite the current gloom that's enveloped us - and its game on for the run-in baby.........we'll look back at yesterday's nadir as the dark before the dawn.

Not many will be interested at all in your post right now, but you are 100% spot on.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #201 on: February 5, 2017, 03:14:39 pm »
The points at the top, after the first position, are still so close.

There's a gap between 5th and 6th.

The table is still pretty nice for us  ;D

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 6, 2017, 08:46:20 am »
If we`d have lost to Chelsea two nil and drawn with Hull one each, we`d all be feeling worse.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: February 6, 2017, 09:39:20 am »
Love this thread, we all need optimism right now to keep us inspired.

Positive points right now:

1. We have almost a fully fit squad
2. We have a week or more in between matches to allow for full recovery and play at full intensity.
3. The next 2 home matches against Spurs and Arsenal give us a real opportunity to establish a top 4 spot.
4. Even though we've had the worst run of form in over a decade we are still in a decent position in the league.
5. This has been a real learning curve for Jurgen. He has the sort of character that oozes positivity and intelligence and this will certainly be a lesson well learnt about the premier league. He now knows about the depth of his squad. The weaknesses in the squad have been well and truly highlighted. In a weird way, you learn more about what is needed to fix things when deficiencies have been blatantly displayed for all to see week after week.
6. He has the rest of the season to locate the personnel and get our summertime transfer targets well and truly in his sights.

Onward and upwards.. YNWA!

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »
11 games to go 33 points on the line . 52 point mark right now. Can we clean up and get a 85 point finish ? Where would we end up with 85 points ?
An interesting article here :  http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10631823/is-arsene-wenger-right-how-many-points-do-you-need-for-premier-league-title-glory would suggest we would be in with a shout. Statistics only paint some of the picture. But our early good form could get us back to being in contention with a few games to go. Are chelsea there to be reeled in ? Can city and Liverpool claw back the defecit? Have chelsea peaked and set for a fall ? One game at a time...... Let's see what happens, at the end of this month we will have a clearer idea of what the picture is going to be.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 03:51:32 pm by beardsleyismessimk1 »
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2017, 03:53:08 pm »
11 games to go 33 points on the line . 52 point mark right now. Can we clean up and get a 85 point finish ? Where would we end up with 85 points ?
An interesting article here :  http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10631823/is-arsene-wenger-right-how-many-points-do-you-need-for-premier-league-title-glory would suggest we would be in with a shout. Statistics only paint some of the picture. But our early good form could get us back to being in contention with a few games to go. Are chelsea there to be reeled in ? Can city and Liverpool claw back the defecit? Have chelsea peaked and set for a fall ? One game at a time...... Let's see what happens, at the end of this month we will have a clearer idea of what the picture is going to be.

The dream is still alive. Thanks for the timely bump of the thread.  :wave

Win 11 games in a row and anything could happen.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »
Love this thread about time we had some optimisim.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #207 on: March 6, 2017, 10:59:08 pm »
We are top four material with a boss manager  8)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2017, 09:22:17 pm »
Two wins on the bounce let's make it a hatrick at City next Sunday.  :scarf

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:03 am »
City will be absolutely knackered after their run-around in France tonight. Physically/emotionally....we will rock up and steam into a 2 goal lead without them knowing what hit them!

Then see it out for the third win on the bounce and the continuation of our unbeaten run that will finish our season off with everyone in high spirits 8)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:28 pm »
Shamelessly bumping this thread. Would like to actually have a positive discussion about the club I love.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2017, 06:33:00 pm »
We played some spectacular attacking football yesterday but it's completely drowned out in a gigantic wave of negativity and pessimism. I don't remember the last time this board was THIS overwhelmingly negative.

Yes there are a couple of big issues right now but we still have an amazing first XI, our best player is still more likely to stay and when you think of that front 4 - I don't care what anyone says it's good as anything in this league.

People talk about depth and all that but if we completely ignore two domestic cups - which is something we should never do but still - we have enough depth for two major competitions. People sometimes worry too much about our players' fitness and fatigue but top top players always play all league and CL games - look at any top players in big clubs and you'll see that, this availability is also why they're elite players. If don't bring in anymore players we'll have no choice but to completely ignore two domestic competitions and in that case we'll be competitive imo.

If our best players want to considered elite they need to be available and consistent in every PL and CL games - no excuses. And I think they can because generally they're all very robust players who don't pick up that many knocks.

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
In a few months, they will boast about us having the most lethal frontline in Europe.
---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
Shamelessly bumping this thread. Would like to actually have a positive discussion about the club I love.

Once we sort out some teething problems, we will be flying again. Also hopefully European football on the horizon again, how can anyone not be positive about that?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2017, 06:39:05 pm »
Exactly, just a two weeks ago we were unbelievable and people were really looking forward to the season. I agree with people saying we need more players, however I don't agree that we'll fall to pieces if we don't get them. At least give the team a month or two to show what they're like on a regular basis.

I agree with both of ye that we have one of the best attacks around. That front three fits together so perfectly I'm honestly excited to watch them grow and play every game. Their potential together is frightening. I'm confident everything else will also fall in to place and by October we'll either be top or no more than three points off the top and progressing nicely in the Champions League. We're a club on the up and the season is a marathon not a sprint.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2017, 06:39:37 pm »
Once we sort out some teething problems, we will be flying again. Also hopefully European football on the horizon again, how can anyone not be positive about that?

I dunno Jill people find a lot to be pissed off about these days.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2017, 06:43:46 pm »
I was one of those very optimistic about the forthcoming campaign (see my prediction in the prediction thread) nothing to do with the result yesterday but the day before has seriously dented my optimism and also Lallana getting injured. The timing has been terrible just before we kick off a new season, fair play if your still as optimistic as ever.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2017, 07:19:42 pm »
I was one of those very optimistic about the forthcoming campaign (see my prediction in the prediction thread) nothing to do with the result yesterday but the day before has seriously dented my optimism and also Lallana getting injured. The timing has been terrible just before we kick off a new season, fair play if your still as optimistic as ever.

Don't let one or two things get you down. Give it a few weeks/months before you lose the optimism. I just think people would enjoy it a lot more if you're optimistic rather than pessimistic.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »
Like other posters I was hugely optimistic going into the start of the season. Even the pre-season was excellent to heighten those expectations.

But low and behold the lack of getting VVD and keita, lallana out for 3 months, Coutinho doing what he has done. The big smile I had has turned to a grimace.

Come 2pm on Saturday I though if we can get this win under a belts I'll be back bounding around the place. But again that optimism proved to be frivolous. That equaliser in the 93rd min has knocked the stuffing.

And now Tuesday which I was very confident about just seems another banana skin that could could scupper what was looking like the season to bring us back to the big time.

Jesus - just reread that and its depressing

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2017, 07:48:46 pm »
Like other posters I was hugely optimistic going into the start of the season. Even the pre-season was excellent to heighten those expectations.

But low and behold the lack of getting VVD and keita, lallana out for 3 months, Coutinho doing what he has done. The big smile I had has turned to a grimace.

Come 2pm on Saturday I though if we can get this win under a belts I'll be back bounding around the place. But again that optimism proved to be frivolous. That equaliser in the 93rd min has knocked the stuffing.

And now Tuesday which I was very confident about just seems another banana skin that could could scupper what was looking like the season to bring us back to the big time.

Jesus - just reread that and its depressing

Exactly mate, it's depressing, so why think like that? If you were positive only two weeks ago then you can be that positive again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2017, 07:54:23 pm »
I dunno Jill people find a lot to be pissed off about these days.

Luckily I'm not one of them, I will be well up for it, especially the European games missed that excitement of not being involved.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2017, 07:55:51 pm »
Luckily I'm not one of them, I will be well up for it, especially the European games missed that excitement of not being involved.

Exactly, so much to look forward to  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »

I do kind of know what you mean about the situation the day before. I actually woke up this morning quite angry about it. But I tell myself this is what the agents want us to do, so I am trying to not give them that satisfaction. I am hoping once that game kicks off the excitement of hopefully making the CL will kind of takeover.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2017, 08:30:18 pm »
Exactly mate, it's depressing, so why think like that? If you were positive only two weeks ago then you can be that positive again.

Cheers mate. Ah it's just the post match day blues I think.

A win on Tuesday and were back on the happy trail!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2017, 08:32:56 pm »
Two main reasons to be optimistic for me are:-
1. Window hasn´t closed yet. We have no idea what will or won´t happen. Anybody who suggests otherwise is lying. So we can assess what we have when we definitively know what we have.
2. Solanke - I just have this feeling he will get a chance this season and take it. I think he has been waiting for 2 or 3 years now for a chance to play (loan spell aside) and when we give it to him, he will make sure he takes it as he knows better than anybody, you might not get anymore.

My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2017, 08:36:18 pm »
We played some spectacular attacking football yesterday but it's completely drowned out in a gigantic wave of negativity and pessimism. I don't remember the last time this board was THIS overwhelmingly negative.

Did we? Must have missed that. We were okay in attack, poor in midfield and hopeless in defence.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2017, 08:36:24 pm »
1. Window hasn´t closed yet. We have no idea what will or won´t happen. Anybody who suggests otherwise is lying. So we can assess what we have when we definitively know what we have.
2. Solanke - I just have this feeling he will get a chance this season and take it. I think he has been waiting for 2 or 3 years now for a chance to play (loan spell aside) and when we give it to him, he will make sure he takes it as he knows better than anybody, you might not get anymore.

I agree about Solanke. I am kind of longing to see  him score the winner at Stamford Bridge, and shut the plastics up. I think he is well bursting at the seams and he could be very exciting to watch.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2017, 08:38:44 pm »
Did we? Must have missed that. We were okay in attack, poor in midfield and hopeless in defence.

Watch second half again.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
I agree about Solanke. I am kind of longing to see  him score the winner at Stamford Bridge, and shut the plastics up. I think he is well bursting at the seams and he could be very exciting to watch.
He also seems really calm every time I see him, even when scoring. That just fills me with confidence too. I´ve got it into my head he will be some cool headed, striker who will kill teams off with any chance he gets.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:30 pm »

As a supporter, all you can do (especially if you don't go to the games regularly) is to try and remain positive. If the transfer window is an unmitigated disaster, I'll still be going into the games after August positively. I really don't see how you can gain any enjoyment from being a football supporter if you're just constantly negative about a) something you have no control over and b) something you're meant to be enjoying!!!

We've got Klopp and regardless of if we keep Coutinho and sign Keita and VVD this next two weeks, or don't, we've got a lot of very exciting players. No way I'm gonna spend a season miserable when we've got the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Lallana tearing teams up. Might even finish outside the top 4, but it'll be a fun season regardless.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2017, 08:44:49 pm »
As a supporter, all you can do (especially if you don't go to the games regularly) is to try and remain positive. If the transfer window is an unmitigated disaster, I'll still be going into the games after August positively. I really don't see how you can gain any enjoyment from being a football supporter if you're just constantly negative about a) something you have no control over and b) something you're meant to be enjoying!!!

We've got Klopp and regardless of if we keep Coutinho and sign Keita and VVD this next two weeks, or don't, we've got a lot of very exciting players. No way I'm gonna spend a season miserable when we've got the likes of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Lallana tearing teams up. Might even finish outside the top 4, but it'll be a fun season regardless.
100% agree. I am here to live and enjoy the journey, not predict misery and then revel in being proven right. Some of those people seem to genuinely see small successes as a set back with comments like "don´t worry, we will fuck it up when we play Burnley next". Why bother.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2017, 08:50:06 pm »
Totally agree with both of you. It is why I stay out of match threads now until well after the game, too many people post when they are steaming. But the whole experience of having Klopp here has been a joy for me, brought my love of the game back again. I love the idea of the journey its why I enjoy the under 23 games as well, watching the developing talents, as they continue to blossom. I just think its a really enjoyable time at the club at the moment. Back in Europe, back with a great football coach, seeing exciting young talents, as well as one of the most exciting attacking units in the league. So much to enjoy.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2017, 09:08:32 pm »
Totally agree with both of you. It is why I stay out of match threads now until well after the game, too many people post when they are steaming. But the whole experience of having Klopp here has been a joy for me, brought my love of the game back again. I love the idea of the journey its why I enjoy the under 23 games as well, watching the developing talents, as they continue to blossom. I just think its a really enjoyable time at the club at the moment. Back in Europe, back with a great football coach, seeing exciting young talents, as well as one of the most exciting attacking units in the league. So much to enjoy.

This should be every fan's motto. I agree with all the above and have been saying it here for ages. Where's the enjoyment in being constantly negative? Looking forward to Tuesday and seeing how we compare to teams in European football again. It'll be a good barometer for sterner test down the line hopefully. Massively different to the challenge we faced yesterday.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:46 pm »
I just don't feel good at the moment, champions league season with qualification which should have put us in a strong position but I think we have reacted too late to a volatile transfer window.
We have purchased and I respect those purchases but we are where we need to be, and still rely on players that historically prove not to be relied upon fitness wise together with
an Origi who once looked to keep Lukaku out of a Belgium side but recently has looked like a championship player.
The patience in not purchasing too much last season and not getting what we want this window leaves us in a difficult position.
Klopp looks pissed off with the lack of purchases and knows he has to let Phil go.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:14 pm »
I'm delighted that we play genuinely exciting attacking football. We have a great manager who I trust will win things with us. We also have a number of excellent players who seem to really enjoy playing for the club. A single match is not a pattern. If we're 10th after 10 games, I'll be worried.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »
Conceding daft goals is a pattern though
You should open "Ever the pessimist" thread and tell everyone about it. People here would like to escape from relentless negativity in every other thread and discuss the positives - cheers.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2017, 10:08:00 pm »
Well there's optimist and ignoring what's in front of you

No disrespect. But this is the one thread which is an oasis of calm, where you can actually speak of positive things, and not spend so much time getting depressed about those things which are not perfect. It is not about ignoring what's in front of us, but just expressing why we love this club, why we love the game. There are plenty of other threads out there were you can talk about the goals we let in, all the faults that you think the club possess. But please just leave this one thread for those who want to be positive, and express their optimism. Thanks.  :)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2017, 10:09:24 pm »
Well there's optimist and ignoring what's in front of you

Mate we generally tend to try and keep it positive in here, we did the same last season. Please respect our wishes, plenty of other places to go have a moan.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:35 pm »
I think I'm going to like this thread.

I still feel that we've got a decent chance at doing something decent this season - don't ask me what exactly because I don't know, but despite Barcelona persuading Phil to turn into a prick for the ages, I think we're going to be ok. I'm not sure this is due to me having lower expectations than many people or just my endemic naivete, but I honestly don't think things are as bad as some are making them out to be.

We've got a good team and squad and so far, we've only added to it. Of all the players in our first team, only two - Milner and Lallana - are at an age where you could say they might be on the decline, and it looks like Milner may well not be first choice anymore anyway. All the rest are either in their prime or at an age where they could still have a bit of improvement left in them, so that strikes me as a plus. Klopp's possibly one of the very best managers out there at developing players so that's a help, and we have some youngsters knocking on the door who, I think, may be some of the best we've had for several years. As with Spurs last year then, we have a generally settled squad and first team who should be on the up.

Of course the transfer window's been a disappointment, considering the players that we hoped we would be signing - but as many have said, it's not over yet. I'm genuinely not sure who we'll bring in, if anyone, but I'd be surprised if we don't buy a centre half of some description. Will Coutinho be going? I honestly have not a single clue and it'll certainly be a kick in the teeth if he does leave. Mind you, if he does leave then we'll be getting a shitload of money to spend on a replacement of some description (though I'll concede I don't think there's a player out there who'd be willing to come who can replicate what he does) and hopefully some other new faces. There's always the possibility that clubs will just laugh at us and refuse point blank to sell us anyone, but I'm trying not to think like that here! And if he stays then, well, we've got one of the best players in the league, a lad who can light up any game and I'm sure that, given it's a world cup year, he'll stop sulking after a few days and start being awesome again.

The biggest plus, for me, is Klopp. Yeah, I realise we look dodgy as all fuck at the back with his system at times but, you know what? I couldn't care less because - when it all clicks - his teams play perhaps the most exhilarating, hair-raising, adrenaline-pumping brand of football that I can remember, and that's a large part of why I watch this beautiful game - because the game can be beautiful, and that's what Klopp delivers.

I reserve the right to start whinging like a pro if we go on a proper shite run and I'll be right there on the front lines with everyone else saving up for an airplane banner denouncing Klopp, the team (especially Moreno and Lovren, I'll make sure their names are capitalised in luminous orange), FSG and probably Jesus too.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:39:59 am by Djozer »

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2017, 10:13:22 pm »
Can I join ?

It's never dull with us. If you are gonna draw well that was some draw. I reckon we are gonna have a(nother) rollar coaster of a season. Mainly up, the odd stumble (yesterday) and the even odder calamity. But we are going to have a blast. We do have a blast actually.

I think, when all is said and done PC will be playing for us again soon. The forwards, Mane, Salah, Booby are first rank with, surely, significant input from Daniel, Solanke and Divock.
Lallana will be like a new player for us come October, just in time for when the season cranks up.
The youngsters, Grujic, Woodburn, Eljaria, Brewster, TTA (how good was he yesterday), Gomez, Kent and ?? will be fun to watch.
Albie (right now) is back, Andy Robinson looks decent plus TTA all means Clyne and Milner will have both competition and rest.
Fingers crossed we land VVD (more in hope I am) and (me being greedy) maybe one more fit (!) wideman and we are set to rock.

Klopp is probably going to have to rotate a bit and innovate .... it's football again... great.
Roll on the Hoffers and feck off Jorabcian or whatever his name is...