Author Topic: Your favourite Derby Day memories  (Read 18576 times)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Your favourite Derby Day memories
« Reply #240 on: April 2, 2017, 09:48:11 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNuq-lDtTCM?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HNuq-lDtTCM?fs=1</a>

What a game that was
I was in the middle main bang on the half way line. Was due to go with my arl fellah but he had to go to a wedding so a mate got the spare
Love the amount of sun hats in the park end. I'm pretty sure I'd have been wearing mine too
Those 2 misses from Kenny at the end :-\
Great to see some of my favourites from the time there..outside of Kenny and Rushie of course..love seeing Craig Johnston bombing down the wing and Big Jan
That was the game were I accepted McMahon. Was unsure when he signed as he'd been one of them. He certainly didn't show any lasting love to them that game :D
That punch from Bruce half way through and his ball juggling
Am I right that that was Linekers debut for them? He'd been injured?

+6 ticket exchange

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #241 on: April 2, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »
Cheers everyone, we have never left a game before the whistle ever, always stay to clap the team off, so yesterday was strange, felt like bad supporters when we left early, surreal outside the ground, it was like one of those end of the world zombie type films with deserted streets everywhere 😂

There's nipping off early and then there's leaving on the hour. You must have felt like Sunderland fans!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #242 on: April 2, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »

Haha, the hairstyles and fashion may have changed but the expressions remain exactly the same.  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #243 on: April 3, 2017, 09:51:49 am »
So many to choose from really.

My first ever Derby was the 3-0 Sandy Brown own goal game at the Pit in 1970 and my second was the home game the following season when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. two pretty good ones to start with. There's the 2 FA Cup finals, the 5-0 Rush game and the two recent 4-0s. The last Anfield Derby I missed was in October 1972 when we won 1-0 with Cormack's diving header and I saw every Derby between 1978 and 1993 and it's true that every win is memorable. It's still the most important game of the season and I hate every minute of them until the final whistle is over and we've (usually) won.