Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 674985 times)

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Re: Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« Reply #4120 on: June 6, 2014, 12:57:49 pm »
Absolutely laughable the owl is likely to start Wellbeck ahead of Sterling at the World Cup. I suppose no more laughable than his criticism of Barkley the other night and praise of Lampard. What was it he once said?

"Young players get you the sack"

Just hope the likes of Sterling and Flanagan haven't been brainwashed too much and had the life coached out of them, by the time the owl returns them to their rightful home.

Well, seeing as England will most likely return home after 3 games, its not too big a deal is it? W

As poor as Italy are, Hodgson will do fuck all to press Pirlo, let him run the game and let them win. As for Urugay, god help England if Suarez plays. 10 minutes against Johnson at fullback and the tie will be over.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4121 on: June 6, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
They will do anything he tells them, they want to play in the World Cup, can't blame them
I know mate that's the worry.
Well, seeing as England will most likely return home after 3 games, its not too big a deal is it? W

As poor as Italy are, Hodgson will do fuck all to press Pirlo, let him run the game and let them win. As for Urugay, god help England if Suarez plays. 10 minutes against Johnson at fullback and the tie will be over.
They'll still have spent the best part of 5 weeks with the clown.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #4122 on: June 6, 2014, 04:29:53 pm »
His face when that shithouse grabbed him haha bless him
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #4123 on: June 6, 2014, 05:24:02 pm »
Absolutely nothing wrong with that challenge. 

Valencia is a disgrace.  It's actions like that that make me wish at times that football was a bit more like ice hockey.  Valencia would have been on the ground shortly thereafter if it were.  As it is, there will be no repercussions.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: June 6, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »
Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty  51s
Roy  Hodgson says Raheem Sterling was "unstoppable" and "breathtaking" in training today.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4125 on: June 6, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »
Roy  Hodgson says Raheem Sterling was "unstoppable" and "breathtaking" in training today.

You better start him then Roy, as he is one of the aces in your pack.

I fucking love him - Sterling, not Roy!
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4126 on: June 6, 2014, 06:07:09 pm »
Yes, I noticed that. It was humiliating for Valencia and probably that was at the front of his mind when he tried to choke Sterling. At least the first time. What was going through his mind when he had a second go is anyone's guess.

I saw it live and it never occurred to me that Sterling would get a red for the challenge, or even a yellow (and I'm a pessimist when it comes to these things). The ref bottled it.

Some say it was a little warning to players about what they can expect in Brazil. The threshold for fouls will, apparently, be lower in the World Cup. Maybe. But I'm not convinced.  The last World Cup game I saw featured a Dutch boot into the thorax of a bloke called Xabi Alonso. The ref, an Englishman I believe, waved it away. As he did with virtually every other Dutch assault on their Spanish opponents that day.

i also thought it might have been what pissed him off, but it was the other valencia

https://vine.co/v/MDWTMPDVTAH

also slightly bemused that anyone can deem that tackle a yellow card, let alone red.

in the aftermath sterling once again showed his maturity and responsibility. brilliantly calm and restrained

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4127 on: June 6, 2014, 06:17:42 pm »
never a red card

disgraceful from valencia

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #4128 on: June 6, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »
You just know he is tearing it up in training. Roy would never have seen anything like that in his life. Raheem should start  :D

Offline mikroski

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #4129 on: June 6, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #4130 on: June 6, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »
Absolutely laughable the owl is likely to start Wellbeck ahead of Sterling at the World Cup. I suppose no more laughable than his criticism of Barkley the other night and praise of Lampard. What was it he once said?

Just hope the likes of Sterling and Flanagan haven't been brainwashed too much and had the life coached out of them, by the time the owl returns them to their rightful home.

Do you remember what he said after Northampton beat us in the League Cup, he fielded a complete team of youngsters and the bench full of them too, so if something went wrong there wasn't any back up at all.

He said after the game "That he felt deceived"
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4131 on: June 7, 2014, 05:00:26 am »
Do you remember what he said after Northampton beat us in the League Cup, he fielded a complete team of youngsters and the bench full of them too, so if something went wrong there wasn't any back up at all.

He said after the game "That he felt deceived"

For me that was the death knell for the arl c*nt.
Throwing young kids under the bus,looking for  a get out clause, when it was HIS squad for the game a more sensible manager would have had experienced  players on the bench to cover any shortcomings the lads may have had

Look at the difference.
BR "i will take full responsibility, if a player tried and made a mistake"
JFT 96

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #4132 on: June 7, 2014, 05:51:50 am »

What about Scholes saying that Welback is the best option to man mark and shut down Pirlo over Hendo? I hate strikers like Welbeck, ooooo look he's fast like a shiny new super car, start him, start him!!! Oh, wait, he makes shitty runs down bad channels, and has no other trick than being fast? Well... Fuck, probably shouldn't have started him then.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4133 on: June 7, 2014, 06:08:58 am »
What about Scholes saying that Welback is the best option to man mark and shut down Pirlo over Hendo? I hate strikers like Welbeck, ooooo look he's fast like a shiny new super car, start him, start him!!! Oh, wait, he makes shitty runs down bad channels, and has no other trick than being fast? Well... Fuck, probably shouldn't have started him then.

Well he's the bestest midfielder in the last 300 decades so he knows bestest.

Overrated ginger midget c*nt.

Offline GerrardRock2

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #4134 on: June 7, 2014, 06:26:13 am »
Well he's the bestest midfielder in the last 300 decades so he knows bestest.

Overrated ginger midget c*nt.

Sort of my point mate, only a complete knob would make such a claim.

On the Raheem note, nice seeing Stevie walk him off after the sending off, this Liverpool squad are so tight. Probably saying something like, nothing wrong with tht challenge mate, I'd make it 100 times over myself. Keep your head up, we'll give him a right fucking next season at our park. 

Offline IamSpartacus

• ThePerfectMealForYourPartacus.
  • Main Stander
  • Director of Remote Control
« Reply #4135 on: June 7, 2014, 06:40:30 am »

On the Raheem note, nice seeing Stevie walk him off after the sending off, this Liverpool squad are so tight. Probably saying something like, nothing wrong with tht challenge mate, I'd make it 100 times over myself. Keep your head up, we'll give him a right fucking next season at our park.

I think Stevie was saying, Sterling got too much of the ball and not enough of the player.
I, am the Illuminati!

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: June 7, 2014, 06:40:41 am »

Bestest. Ever. So good, he couldn't tackle. So. Damn. Good.

Yeah that was a nice touch from Stevie, he's become the perfect captain under Rodgers...not like he wasn't boss at it before, he just does everything you hope for from a leader and more...almost John Terry levels of leadership.

The owl will just end up starting Welbeck over Sterling...cause well, he's a deluded old hag. He'll persist with Rooney to the detriment of the team...what's the point really. Still can't believe England made this moron the national manager. Wonder what Gerrard and the rest of the LFC gang in the England squad feel like. Play exhilarating football under a progressive coach who makes the game fun to suddenly two banks of 4 and defend the trenches men... ???

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #4137 on: June 7, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »
Scored a wonderful goal in England Training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHMFKBvLFM

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: June 7, 2014, 08:52:57 pm »

Good but not as good as hendo's back flick ;)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4139 on: June 7, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »
Sterling got the red card because the ref didn't want to just send Valencia off so he evened it up, Sterling's tackle was somewhat reckless worth possibly a yellow, but if Valencia doesn't react neither would have seen Red.

I must admit he might be a blue but Barkley is some player i hope Roy doesn't ruin him.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4140 on: June 7, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »

He was 'on fire' that day, according to Gary Cahill.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2014, 09:22:35 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4141 on: June 7, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »
Journalists, coaches, players, they've all singled Sterling out for specific praise since the squad met up in Portugal. I think it's fair to say that he's impressing everyone out there.

If he carries this form that he's clearly showing in training in to the competition proper then he could well blow the lid off of the entire tournament and become a genuine worldwide star.

This is the sort of eventuality we might have to face up to with Sterling very soon, he could well hit some extreme heights in the next few weeks. Nothing brings that international renown like delivering at a summer tournament.

If it happens, I hope he, and we, are ready for it.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4142 on: June 9, 2014, 03:05:59 am »
i don't see the problem with starting Wellbeck for the Italy game. he's decent second/link up striker who has a tremendous workrate, people slating him should look to Kuyt for comparison (relax, im not saying he's as good).

i'd say Scholes has a point and Wellbeck could be just the man to mark Pirlo and then even make a run into the box, dummy the ball, for Sturridge to score.

he has the ability and, as previously mentioned, workrate. horses for courses people. no one is saying Sterling (or Barkley) can't be subbed on to provide the magic spark to turn the match on its head later on..

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: June 9, 2014, 03:35:58 am »
i don't see the problem with starting Wellbeck for the Italy game. he's decent second/link up striker who has a tremendous workrate, people slating him should look to Kuyt for comparison (relax, im not saying he's as good).

i'd say Scholes has a point and Wellbeck could be just the man to mark Pirlo and then even make a run into the box, dummy the ball, for Sturridge to score.

he has the ability and, as previously mentioned, workrate. horses for courses people. no one is saying Sterling (or Barkley) can't be subbed on to provide the magic spark to turn the match on its head later on..
Danny, what are you doing on Rawk? If Roy finds out your posting on here rather than watching Pirlo vids he's going to be pissed. All the best for Saturday  :wave
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: June 9, 2014, 03:51:39 am »
Danny, what are you doing on Rawk? If Roy finds out your posting on here rather than watching Pirlo vids he's going to be pissed. All the best for Saturday  :wave

ahh, irreverent pisstake humor. you'll get far on these boards lad, keep it up and great things await you.

nb. horses for courses is pretty damn apt i'd say, Wellbeck is a racehorsedonkey par excellence, underestimate him at your peril!  :P
« Last Edit: June 9, 2014, 03:57:11 am by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline GerrardRock2

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #4145 on: June 9, 2014, 02:23:01 pm »
Bestest. Ever. So good, he couldn't tackle. So. Damn. Good.

Yeah that was a nice touch from Stevie, he's become the perfect captain under Rodgers...not like he wasn't boss at it before, he just does everything you hope for from a leader and more...almost John Terry levels of leadership.

The owl will just end up starting Welbeck over Sterling...cause well, he's a deluded old hag. He'll persist with Rooney to the detriment of the team...what's the point really. Still can't believe England made this moron the national manager. Wonder what Gerrard and the rest of the LFC gang in the England squad feel like. Play exhilarating football under a progressive coach who makes the game fun to suddenly two banks of 4 and defend the trenches men... ???

Just reading today that Beckham says Rooney should still start too... unfortunately he probably will. However, it's laughable all these Mancs coming out and trying to justify their shit squad as "international" starters in an effort to put a good face on the club for the silly season wooing of potential prospects. The fact is that neither Welbeck nor Rooney should start. It's not as dangerous to do here as some places, but I will say it, Gerrard has been England's best player in every tournament since World Cup 2006. Rooney hasn't done dick at the club or international level of significant relevance in the better part of 6-8 years.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4146 on: June 9, 2014, 03:18:46 pm »
Just reading today that Beckham says Rooney should still start too... unfortunately he probably will. However, it's laughable all these Mancs coming out and trying to justify their shit squad as "international" starters in an effort to put a good face on the club for the silly season wooing of potential prospects. The fact is that neither Welbeck nor Rooney should start. It's not as dangerous to do here as some places, but I will say it, Gerrard has been England's best player in every tournament since World Cup 2006. Rooney hasn't done dick at the club or international level of significant relevance in the better part of 6-8 years.

I think he was good in Euro 2004. He has been pretty poor for a long time in general with the occasional worldie or a run of games where impresses masking the fact he's massively inconsistant for club and country. This season he was clearly United's best player - which is probably as much a reflection on them as it is him.

His goals internationally are also masking his poor performances for me. He only has 1 goal in 4 games in 2014 though and that was a tapin he stole off the foot of Lambert on the goal line. His 7 goals in 6 qualifiers sounds impressive too but the quality of the teams they were against wasn't. He was equally impressive qualifying for the last worldcup if I remember rightly with something like 9 goals in total. Then was gash in the World Cup.

If I was a betting man, I would be throwing money on him rediscovering his big game gashness in Brasil.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline GerrardRock2

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #4147 on: June 9, 2014, 04:56:38 pm »
I think he was good in Euro 2004. He has been pretty poor for a long time in general with the occasional worldie or a run of games where impresses masking the fact he's massively inconsistant for club and country. This season he was clearly United's best player - which is probably as much a reflection on them as it is him.

His goals internationally are also masking his poor performances for me. He only has 1 goal in 4 games in 2014 though and that was a tapin he stole off the foot of Lambert on the goal line. His 7 goals in 6 qualifiers sounds impressive too but the quality of the teams they were against wasn't. He was equally impressive qualifying for the last worldcup if I remember rightly with something like 9 goals in total. Then was gash in the World Cup.

If I was a betting man, I would be throwing money on him rediscovering his big game gashness in Brasil.

Yeah, and Euro 04' was ten years ago. He had potential, now he has unrealized potential. To your point of inconsistency, isn't that exactly the opposite what world class superstars are supposed to be? As much as I can't stand the winker, he might not score every game, but he is a constant threat that will produce a bit a magic for himself or a teammate in every match without fail. The same can be said for Messi (although he has largely been silent in World Cup play), Iniesta, Xavi, Pirlo, Gerrard (in his pomp, which he seems to have rediscovered); or older players, Zizou, Ballack, Viera, Gattuso, hell even Scholes or Cantona (neither of whom I can't stand). Rooney is lucky to be included in this team, he should thankful for that, but there is no way he should be within sniffing distance of a starting spot. Maybe Roy should have a conversation with Jurgen, who left America's anchor errrrrr golden boy Landycakes completely off the sqaud. Cut chaff Owl. 

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4148 on: June 9, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »
Bossed it in training again, he should start.. I honestly think how well England does is down to this young chap, he could really explode onto the world scene.

Offline Roxdaddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #4149 on: June 9, 2014, 07:31:21 pm »
Bossed it in training again, he should start.. I honestly think how well England does is down to this young chap, he could really explode onto the world scene.

How you know?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4150 on: June 9, 2014, 07:35:01 pm »
Absolutely nothing wrong with that challenge. 

Valencia is a disgrace.  It's actions like that that make me wish at times that football was a bit more like ice hockey.  Valencia would have been on the ground shortly thereafter if it were.  As it is, there will be no repercussions.
Valencia- like Nani, is a moffie. All those 2 are missing are knickers and lipstick. What sort of girlish attack is that anyway? If one can even call that an "attack".
Raheem dealt with it like a man. Didn't even acknowledge him. Water off a duck's back and didn't even look at Valencia- so non-existent was the "threat".
« Last Edit: June 9, 2014, 07:38:53 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: June 9, 2014, 07:42:34 pm »
How you know?

Oliver Holt reporting it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4152 on: June 9, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine. He'll run around, catch a few, but get worn down and defeated. Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: June 9, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine. He'll run around, catch a few, but get worn down and defeated. Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

i liked my horses for courses / racehorsedonkey analogy better.
and don't you mean a Pirlo-ess machine instead of peerless ?  8)

anyhoo, seeing as this is the Sterling thread i'll desist from this line of thought
« Last Edit: June 9, 2014, 09:50:20 pm by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #4154 on: June 9, 2014, 11:21:23 pm »
Absolute madness what this lad has achieved in such a short space of time. England's great hope in Brazil. Still only 19.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4155 on: June 10, 2014, 12:32:18 am »

:lmao :lmao my new sig  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:36:09 am by RedEire »
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: June 10, 2014, 05:52:40 am »

Absolute madness what this lad has achieved in such a short space of time. England's great hope in Brazil. Still only 19.

Yup. Hope he takes the pressure in his (rather fast) stride.
YNWA.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4157 on: June 10, 2014, 09:49:23 pm »

This appears to have gone under the radar but it's fucking genius! :D I salute you sir! ;D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4158 on: June 10, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

;D

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: June 10, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »
Sterling played in the No 10 role behind Sturridge for an entire practice match, with Wayne Rooney out wide.
[Telegraph]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10891024/World-Cup-2014-Raheem-Sterling-is-Englands-man-for-all-reasons-ahead-of-opener-against-Italy.html

That would be tactical masterstroke from Hodge imo. Raheem was really good for us at the tip of our diamond formation and I think this could be his future position. Really great news for me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:15:14 pm by Bonsky »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.