Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 306534 times)

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #1080 on: October 6, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
He is a good defender but I am not sure if he will be okay in a 4 man defence. His strengths are obviously his strength, heading and tackling. But his positioning is really poor I feel. He was all over the place certain times during the game. Doesnt seem to get back in position and has a tendency to go in quite rashly in front of the attacker. Really think he needs to be much much more disciplined if he ever wants to realise his potential. 

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: October 6, 2013, 12:03:57 am »
I think he is boss...his been brilliant unfit, new league, absolute beast.

I think the 3 at the back is brilliant and suits are players but I do think the best three would be Kolo, Agger and Sakho

Cannot believe how you would leave out Skrtel, Skrtel has been by far the best defender - by a mile. He has been absolute rock positioning, heading, tackling, covering has been exceptional.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #1082 on: October 6, 2013, 12:09:02 am »
He is a good defender but I am not sure if he will be okay in a 4 man defence. His strengths are obviously his strength, heading and tackling. But his positioning is really poor I feel. He was all over the place certain times during the game. Doesnt seem to get back in position and has a tendency to go in quite rashly in front of the attacker. Really think he needs to be much much more disciplined if he ever wants to realise his potential.

Cannot believe how you would leave out Skrtel, Skrtel has been by far the best defender - by a mile. He has been absolute rock positioning, heading, tackling, covering has been exceptional.

Are you sure you watched Liverpool - Crystal Palace?
I'm not saying Skrtel wasn't good today, but that's bs.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1083 on: October 6, 2013, 12:29:23 am »
I'm wary of the usual hyperbole that surrounds our players after a couple of good performances, but Sakho absolutely looks like the real deal. I would hate it if he was the one to make way for Agger in our back 3. He's the closest the French have come to producing another Thuram. I hope talk of his attitude at PSG was just the case of a young man finding his way through a troubled childhood, because he has all the tools to own this league for the next few years.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1084 on: October 6, 2013, 12:32:38 am »
Not to clog up the Sakho thread, but that's nonsense.  Even if Aspas was setting the world alight during the first few games he would have been dropped for Luis Suarez (and rightly so).  Every time Gerrard goes out injured he comes right back into the team when he's healthy, even if his replacement had not "warranted dropping" (again, rightly so).  The idea that players can be "on form" is a complete and utter fallacy - it's a mistake that people who don't understand probabilities make (the same way that the "hot hand" in basketball is).  Simply put, you play your best players - you don't think "well, Player X hasn't screwed anything up in the last three games, so I'll wait until he does to bring someone else in."  That would be the height of lunacy. 

This just isn't true IMO. We're not robots. There's a human factor that very much plays a part. A striker who hasn't scored in awhile...doubt may creep in, anxiety building.  It can play on a strikers mind, they get down on themselves and without a doubt I think it can impacting a players game. Likewise if Aspas was on fire and lost his place when form didn't warrant it, that very easily could make him disenchanted. When that happens potentially he might put less in a training, be playing angry, or worse act jaded effecting the whole team.

I agree Suarez comes straight in, he's a world class talent but it's not all simple probability. There's a human factor that has to be considered. Reward and recognition, confidence, stress,  all impact a player.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #1085 on: October 6, 2013, 12:58:30 am »
I'm wary of the usual hyperbole that surrounds our players after a couple of good performances, but Sakho absolutely looks like the real deal. I would hate it if he was the one to make way for Agger in our back 3. He's the closest the French have come to producing another Thuram. I hope talk of his attitude at PSG was just the case of a young man finding his way through a troubled childhood, because he has all the tools to own this league for the next few years.
Where did you get that from ? He was captain of the PSG at the age of 17 years old, then went on to be a regular captain for them at the age of 20 and has always been loved and rated by the PSG fans I know, for his attitude, his winning mentality and commitment to their club.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1086 on: October 6, 2013, 01:02:37 am »
Where did you get that from ? He was captain of the PSG at the age of 17 years old, then went on to be a regular captain for them at the age of 20 and has always been loved and rated by the PSG fans I know, for his attitude, his winning mentality and commitment to their club.

I think one of the French posters on here put it up when he signed. Leonardo criticized him for his attitude at PSG, whilst its said by Sakho himself as to how he had to endure a difficult time on the streets of Paris in his teenage years and only after losing his father did he make a conscious decision to start utilizing his footballing talents to the fullest.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #1087 on: October 6, 2013, 01:04:12 am »
He's a bit alright isn't he? Can't see many weaknesses in his game really, he's settled in quick too. And he's only 23. Rodgers wasn't kidding when he said he secured our central defense for the next 10 years. Hope Illori turns out to be awesome like this guy in time too.

Also, I don' think he should be dropped now that Agger is fit. Ideally I'd like to see Agger-Sakho as our first choice partnership, but I don't know if that'll work with them both being left footed, it'd be great if it could though. If 3 at the back is the way forward, then all the better. Toure-Sakho-Agger is a bit alright!
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 01:05:53 am by elpistolero7 »
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #1088 on: October 6, 2013, 01:10:12 am »
I think one of the French posters on here put it up when he signed. Leonardo criticized him for his attitude at PSG, whilst its said by Sakho himself as to how he had to endure a difficult time on the streets of Paris in his teenage years and only after losing his father did he make a conscious decision to start utilizing his footballing talents to the fullest.
While I will not discuss his difficult childhood, I will not trust Leonardo one bit on Sakho's attitude. What I do know for sure, is that all the PSG fans I know loved him, that he loved them, the club and the city, and that he was willing to give 100% for them each time he was on the pitch. His final speech to the PSG fans, when he almost burst into tears is a testimony of his love and dedication for PSG.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 01:12:02 am by The Gigi »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: October 6, 2013, 01:11:24 am »

Today and last Sunday? No. He was good , but Toure & Sakho were pretty much perfect and actively moved the ball forward, whereas Skrtel looked for the pass back to Mignolet...
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #1090 on: October 6, 2013, 01:12:54 am »
Im quite happy to keep Agger on the bench with the form of our current starting centre backs to be honest.

As much as I love Agger, Sakho is looking an absolute beast and a must start for every game, Skrtel is in godlike form since the Man U game and Toure just cant be dropped.

Sakho is gonna quickly become a fan favorite if he carries on the way he's going. What a player.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1091 on: October 6, 2013, 01:21:32 am »
Im quite happy to keep Agger on the bench

Don't be silly eh.

As much as i think Sakho has potential. that's all he has.

PSG are cash rich today. They dont need to sell. But they sold Sakho to us. There's a reason for that, they dont rate him highly enough.  Having had him in  their club for a number of years, seen him train and play, they allowed us to buy him.

Agger on the other hand is one of the best center backs in Europe.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: October 6, 2013, 01:27:39 am »
Don't be silly eh.

PSG are cash rich today. They dont need to sell. But they sold Sakho to us. There's a reason for that, they dont rate him highly enough.  Having had him in  their club for a number of years, seen him train and play, they allowed us to buy him.

Coutinho obviously wasnt rated too highly by Inter when they sold him to us for just £8 Mill. Yeah they had financial problems but they barely put up a fight.

Just because they sold Sakho to us doesn't mean hes only as good as PSG thought he was.

Im not denying that Agger is one of the best in Europe, but judging by this seasons form so far I would say Agger is behind Sakho in the pecking order right now.
Follow me on twitter!

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #1093 on: October 6, 2013, 01:28:11 am »
Don't be silly eh.

Nah, not having that. He's shown his quality in the games he's played so far and he did well at PSG and he's earned 14 caps for France. He's got a lot of potential, but he's also a very good defender now.

And they sold Sakho because he was in the last year of his contract and didn't want to lose him on a free next year. So what if PSG let him go? Chelsea allowed Sturridge to go and Inter allowed Coutinho to go.

Anyway, I think if we switch to 4 at the back again it will be Agger and Sakho together. If it's a back 3, then Toure, Agger and Sakho. I agree with you, Agger is quality.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: October 6, 2013, 01:29:46 am »
Also Didier Deschamps said he had to be playing regularly to get into the French team.  Which I believe he has just returned to.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: October 6, 2013, 01:35:41 am »
Don't be silly eh.

So your basing your opinion on how good Sakho is because PSG wanted to sell him, right?  So not on how well he played in France but just the mere fact that PSG wanted to sell, which obviously means he's no good.  Deary me.

I'm pretty sure PSG did want to keep him as well and offered him a new contract to sign, but it was Sakho who was pushing to leave the club as he wanted to be playing week in week out, especially with the WC around the corner. 

You're right though, Agger is one of the best centre backs in Europe.  :)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1096 on: October 6, 2013, 01:36:06 am »

, but judging by this seasons form so far I would say Agger is behind Sakho in the pecking order right now.

In the few hours of football you've seen him play in the UK you have already arrived at this decision?.

So if you were picking the team, you play Sakho ahead of Agger?

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: October 6, 2013, 01:36:53 am »
In the few hours of football you've seen him play in the UK you have already arrived at this decision?.

At the moment yep.
Follow me on twitter!

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1098 on: October 6, 2013, 01:40:23 am »
So your basing your opinion on how good Sakho is because PSG wanted to sell him, right?  So not on how well he played in France but just the mere fact that PSG wanted to sell, which obviously means he's no good.  Deary me.

I'm pretty sure PSG did want to keep him as well and offered him a new contract to sign, but it was Sakho who was pushing to leave the club as he wanted to be playing week in week out, especially with the WC around the corner. 

You're right though, Agger is one of the best centre backs in Europe.  :)

I said PSG sold him to us. They are cash rich and didn't need to. If they thought he was any good they could have kept him.

There's a reason for that. I dont know what it is. But there is.

The rest of your post you made up.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: October 6, 2013, 01:40:26 am »
Simply put, you play your best players - you don't think "well, Player X hasn't screwed anything up in the last three games, so I'll wait until he does to bring someone else in."

There's this thing called FORM that allows an average player, or even a poor player, to be better on the pitch than a good player, or even a great player.

It's also worth pointing out that if you set up a team structure where if a player is injured they lose their place in the team, then you encourage players to play hurt, which then damages the team.

That doesn't damage the team, it encourages a win-at-all-costs mentality which is vital for success. It's up to the fitness team and the management to decide on the fitness of individual players, but if your players are chomping at the bit to play even when they're injured, you know you have no problems with motivation.

So in the end, if BR thinks that Agger is the 4th best CB on the team and thus plays Toure/Skrtel/Sakho, so be it.  That's a decision based upon some rational analysis.

You're applying the concept of rationality very bizarrely here. Rodgers isn't going to look at his squad at the start of the season and go "these are my eleven best players, I shall play them in every game no matter what if they are all fit" because he has the variables of fitness, form and team chemistry to take into consideration. How do you decide which of your players is "best"? For any given week one player may be "better" than another, and then the next week another may be "better" than him because you have another player returning from injury who forms a crucial partnership with the latter. There is in fact a million possible scenarios to the variability of a player's form...

If on the other hand he thinks, "Agger isn't the 4th best CB on the team, but I can't drop one of the players Agger is better than until that player does something disastrous" - well, honestly I can't fathom anyone who has gotten to BR's level thinking something so completely and totally irrational...

Why is that irrational? You're basing this on the premise that Rodgers has already worked out an order that the players go in, in terms of who is best through to who is worst, and that somehow this order never changes depending on age/fitness/form/chemistry and the myriad of other variables that influence the highly fragile house-of-cards that is player confidence and ultimately performance. All there is to go on is the current performances being provided by your group of players, both in training and in matches, and that would actually fit with the first decision-making paradigm you're dismissing as "irrational". I think it is you who is being irrational, no?
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 01:42:00 am by Il Capitano »

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1100 on: October 6, 2013, 01:41:39 am »
At the moment yep.

Well the good news is you dont pick the team.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: October 6, 2013, 01:44:40 am »
I said PSG sold him to us. They are cash rich and didn't need to. If they thought he was any good they could have kept him.

Mate he was going to leave as he want's to play for France and PSG have one of the best defenders on the planet in Thiago Silva and they signed a defender for £20m (I think) in  Marquinhos. He wasn't going to play.

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #1102 on: October 6, 2013, 01:45:42 am »
Sounds awfully similar to Chelsea with Sturridge.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: October 6, 2013, 01:48:15 am »

I would too.

Same with Kolo. Maybe even Skrtel in his current form.

Not really any sleight on Agger either. Sakho's got all the physical tools to build a defence around for years, whilst Toure and Skrtel have been in excellent form.

Offline Il Capitano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: October 6, 2013, 01:48:22 am »

All vanity clubs make perfect decisions 100% of the time. This is what we know to be true.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1105 on: October 6, 2013, 01:49:16 am »
All this bitching about who should play, and who's in form, and who's first in the pecking order.

Fuck me, have you lot all forgotten what it's like to have a squad with a bit of depth? They'll all get their games with injuries and form, so get a grip and just be glad they're all ours eh?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1106 on: October 6, 2013, 01:49:30 am »
Sounds awfully similar to Chelsea with Sturridge.

Yawn. Yep, exactly the same.

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #1107 on: October 6, 2013, 01:54:37 am »
Yawn. Yep, exactly the same.
Well, isn't it? Just because PSG sold him doesn't discredit him in anyway. In fact, they wanted to hold onto him (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-mamadou-sakho-deal-2233242) and it was him who forced through the transfer because he wanted to play.

Honestly, the I find arguments along the lines of "He can't be that good if _______ sold him" tedious. I guess Sturridge, Coutinho, Ozil and many others can't be decent because their clubs decided to sell them.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1108 on: October 6, 2013, 01:54:49 am »

The same could be said about Sturridge and Coutinho.  :thumbup
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: October 6, 2013, 01:54:58 am »

See the pictures I have attached. The very start of the game. What is he doing there?? Leads to the first chance.

Offline Il Capitano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: October 6, 2013, 01:56:02 am »
See the pictures I have attached. The very start of the game. What is he doing there?? Leads to the first chance.

Did you draw these yourself?

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: October 6, 2013, 01:56:41 am »
Fuck me, have you lot all forgotten what it's like to have a squad with a bit of depth? They'll all get their games with injuries and form, so get a grip and just be glad they're all ours eh?

That's spot on tbf. Wasn't that long ago we started a game with Danny Wilson and Paul Konchesky as one half of our defence.

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1112 on: October 6, 2013, 01:58:21 am »
Well, isn't it? Just because PSG sold him doesn't discredit him in anyway. In fact, they wanted to hold onto him (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-mamadou-sakho-deal-2233242) and it was him who forced through the transfer because he wanted to play.

Honestly, the I find arguments along the lines of "He can't be that good if _______ sold him" tedious. I guess Sturridge, Coutinho, Ozil and many others can't be decent because their clubs decided to sell them.

I didn't say he want good. I said he has potential to be good. Personally i like him. But he wouldn't be in my first choice CB pairing.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: October 6, 2013, 02:04:48 am »

Attached are more screenshots:
1st : Loses it again, the attacker is clean through.
2nd: Just about getting up when Skrtel is tracking back.
3rd : Skrtel stops the goal, Toure clears. He is no where to be seen
4th : Has only move about 10 yards, still not there even after the clearance.
5th and 6th : Where is he standing? Look at everyone else's position.

Not saying he is bad defender, but his positioning is abysmal. I think.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: October 6, 2013, 02:06:08 am »
Did you draw these yourself?

Not a photoshop wizard, can only attach 200 kb. Found from some highlights video which was not great quality. Go to highlights thread and see the motd highlights package if you want to see it properly.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 02:09:28 am by SadRed »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: October 6, 2013, 02:26:23 am »
When all are fit, I reckon Kolo makes way for Agger.

The fella is and has been quality for us so far but he will need a rest now and again, he's 32 isn't it?

a back 3 of Skrtel - Sakho - Agger with Johnson and Enrique as wing backs is a very strong back 5 IMO.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: October 6, 2013, 02:44:47 am »
Both Skrtel and Sakho went up for that header.  One or the other should have covered for the other player making a run on goal.  That comes down to communication by both of them, and also coming to grips with the system.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: October 6, 2013, 03:06:49 am »
Attached are more screenshots:
1st : Loses it again, the attacker is clean through.
2nd: Just about getting up when Skrtel is tracking back.
3rd : Skrtel stops the goal, Toure clears. He is no where to be seen
4th : Has only move about 10 yards, still not there even after the clearance.
5th and 6th : Where is he standing? Look at everyone else's position.

1: He's gone to win the ball. If anything, Skrtel is the one out of position.
2, 3, 4 and 5: He can't exactly get up and track back in the space of 5 seconds. You're being very harsh on him there.
6: He's picking up the guy on the edge of the box while Sktrel and Toure pick up the two further up. That's a good position IMO. Better than being stood further back and leaving an easy pass to the guy on the edge of the box.

It's not exactly backing your point up when you're being very nit-picky. You could do the same with pretty much any defender in any game.

There's nothing wrong with his positioning, let alone it being 'abysmal'.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: October 6, 2013, 03:32:30 am »
We've had Skrtel, Agger and Carra in our defence for the last few years. We've had a lot of problems in that time in certain situations, because they had their limitations - not only individually, but as CB pairings. This season, we invested heavily in that area of the pitch, and I think it's reaping benefits, and will do. Not since Sami left have we actually had a presence in the middle of the park. I mean you watch Sakho against Altidore last week, and there was no contest.

I honestly think Sakho and Toure need to start all games for us if there're no injuries. It's about time we locked down our defence, and those 2 have shown massive improvements (and the qualities we've lacked) this season. Of course Sakho's still young and learning the game, in a new team and league. But he'll get there quicker if he's got the natural leader in Toure next to him with all his experience and quality himself. Not to mention that it also means we'd have 3 French speakers in the middle there - so communication would not be a problem until Sakho learns the language.

If it's 3 at the back, then I think you go with Agger, because he's a top defender as well as comfortable on the ball himself (comparing him to Skrtel). But I don't think you can knock Martin this season, so that's a tough one for BR.

I guess the big tests are coming up in the next month or so. West Brom are a decent team these days, but we have Arsenal away in less than a month's time, then Everton. That's players like Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey, Lukaku, etc going at these guys. Clean sheet in the Arsenal game, at least, is hard to see, but you have to wonder who handles their fast football better (especially because they'll crack through our midfield, leaving our defence exposed fairly easily, unless we play to shut them out first and foremost) - I'd be more comfortable seeing Toure and Sakho line up. And against Lukaku, it's a no brainer that they start if fit as well. We'll see what they're made of in the next month or so though.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: October 6, 2013, 04:06:53 am »
1: He's gone to win the ball. If anything, Skrtel is the one out of position.
2, 3, 4 and 5: He can't exactly get up and track back in the space of 5 seconds. You're being very harsh on him there.
6: He's picking up the guy on the edge of the box while Sktrel and Toure pick up the two further up. That's a good position IMO. Better than being stood further back and leaving an easy pass to the guy on the edge of the box.

It's not exactly backing your point up when you're being very nit-picky. You could do the same with pretty much any defender in any game.

There's nothing wrong with his positioning, let alone it being 'abysmal'.

Both went to win the ball, but thats understandable as the system is new. Didnt win the header and then never never tried to get back. Watch the video in real time. Took him 10 seconds to get back to the edge of the box!! 10 seconds to cover 20 yards in such a situation is dire. And on top of that he was standing the wrong side of the attacker, watching the ball. He was supposed to be to the left to the three at the back, and he was all over the place the whole game. In fact every chance CP had in the first half was through his mistakes.

What about the two previous screen shots I posted? In those its pretty clear he was way off his position right up on the edge of midfield while everyone else was holding good shape. The has a rush of blood and races towards the attacker who was completely on the opposite side. Lucky that jerome coundnt score that one. This happened in all previous games too.

I dont think I am being harsh,  just trying to bring some perspective. Last ditch tackles dont necessarily make good defenders. I am just surprised at how everyone completely dismisses Skrtel when he has been the best defender by an absolute mile. His positioning has been brilliant, heading, tackling, reading of the game has been top notch. Instead people seem to focus on the ability to pass. Thats important but more important is defending.

I am willing to bet my bottom dollar if Sakho is played with another CB in a 4 man defence we will be much worse off. Toure and Skrtel for me are the best defenders at the Club. Sakho has potential but he is defnitely not the best defender we have .
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 04:19:23 am by SadRed »