Author Topic: The FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 3675495 times)

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
Re: The FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #63240 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:44 pm »
Soton, City/Pal BTTS, Liv/Bmouth BTTS

Treble @ almost 4/1
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #63241 on: October 28, 2015, 08:44:35 pm »
Bourge en Besse are at home to Nantes in the cup.

Going for Bourg en Besse win and BTTS at 11/2.

Porquoi pas ?

There's the equaliser.  First half to. Theese kids are boss for BTTS .11/10.

Allez mon amis !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #63242 on: October 28, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »
There's the equaliser.  First half to. Theese kids are boss for BTTS .11/10.

Allez mon amis !
Muy bien

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63243 on: October 28, 2015, 09:24:50 pm »
Bummed by Barcelona again.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63244 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »
Bummed by Barcelona again.

Yep, lost out on a nice 6 way because of that.

Money back as a free bet with William Hill though, I like that offer.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #63245 on: October 28, 2015, 11:07:58 pm »
DC Utd are too big for me 11/8 DNB v NE Revs.

DC W11 D3 L3 F34 A21 +13 at home, 4-2-2 11-8 +3 v the 'top 12' including winning this game 2-1 earlier in the season.

Revs are a dismal P9 W1 D0 L8 F8 A24 -16 away at the top 12.

The market hates DC (concede possession & shots) but the fact is they win games and Revs lose them against the better teams.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63246 on: October 28, 2015, 11:24:05 pm »
Looking for a bit of value on goalscorers in the MLS. I can only really see Kelyn Rowe at 15/4 AGS

1 goal per 3 starts this season and scored last time out.

Couple of quid on the 2+ for the hell of it at 40's

Online Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63247 on: October 29, 2015, 04:05:03 am »
Don't agree, nailed Sanchez first goal the other day against Utd for £350 profit. How long will that take you to get in terms of these inplays? 6/7? By that time I'm sure I'll nail at least one more first goalscorer, and it just continues.

Its personal preference I guess. Depends if you value £30/40 more than a punt at big bucks. I guess everyones a winner with the inplays so fuck it, give us more 365.

Sorry for the slow reply - am in Aus so only just caught up with all this discussion today.

To answer your question, yes it takes a while to build it up, but since the 1st State of Origin rugby here in Oz (late May - so only 5 months ago) I am just under $6000 up. I've done that pretty much all risk-free, by placing the majority of bets on promo markets where you get a refund in a certain outcome. I gave a detailed description of one of these in the NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread at the time - for details see

(The way I set it up is such that you cover both contingencies of a 2-way event - so essentially the cost you pay is the market advantage, which if you have several bookies you can usually get down to about 2-3% of total stake, though obviously you are constrained by which bookie is running the specific promotion. At the worst case you might have to take a 5-10% loss on the total stake you use to cover all the outcomes, but even then if you take the ratio of your guaranteed loss to the potential profit that give you the effective odds you are getting on whatever outcome.)

The bottom line as you say - and I totally agree with - is it comes down to personal preference. However, there are a couple of other factors that come into play.

(i) Both strategies mean that over the long term you are beating the odds, except by going for longer priced options you are making it more variable and therefore volatile. So there is both more chance of getting ahead much quicker, but equally there is a greater chance of a run of bets that don't come in. In your example you stated you hit the FGS first time, which is great. However, I'm sure I could go back through this thread alone and find 10 times the number of posts cursing a player for missing a pen/easy chance/getting subbed etc. So it's not out of the realms that you could set up 10 risk-free bets and lose them all - whereas taking the safe option each time would have gained a few hundred.

(ii) In order to regularly back long shots, you have to have a pretty decent idea of the market itself. So for example, because everyone in here follows the PL, we are all pretty aware that Sanchez is a gun player and a reasonable chance to be FGS. However if I were to ask you about the first goal kicker in an Aussie Rules match, you would be far less likely to know - so your chances of regularly picking something around 10/1 go down substantially

In contrast, if you take the free money, you don't have to know anything about the teams involved, or in fact even the sport! I have no idea how the LA Lakers compare to the Minnesota Timberwolves - but I do know from the odds (roughly 1.70 to 2.15) that they are favourites, but not by a huge amount - so a win by 8 points or less (as I require to come out ahead) is within the realms of possibility.

Based on this I am able to take advantage of promos on Football, Tennis, Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Baseball, Basketball, American Football, etc without having to know much about any of them - which means that the total amount of promos I can use is vastly expanded. Pretty much the only thing I don't do is racing, as that is too volatile and complex to cover all the options reliably (I could do it by laying on Betfair, but I don't really like Betfair Aus, most of their markets tend to be a bit patchy).

(iii) Winning big against the bookies makes them take notice of you - note even on the last page someone got restricted to £3 max stake by Coral. The tactic I generally like is to accumulate profit in terms of either refunds (preferred) or bonus bets (where I can guarantee about 60-70% of the value back by laying it against another bookie). I usually set it up hoping that the bonus bet actually loses, so that the bookie who gave the refund doesn't incur any cost from it and are therefore (hopefully) less likely to ban me from taking part in promotions. As an added perk, by laying off the bonus bet with a different bookie, that adds a bet on a non-promotional market to my account, which gives the appearance that I am mixing up the promos with normal bets, even though its all risk-free!

Either way, I am much happier chipping away at the bookies slowly and spreading it across 5 or 6 of them - I imagine I'll get banned at some point, but hopefully I get a decent run in before then...

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63248 on: October 29, 2015, 10:35:17 am »
Yep, lost out on a nice 6 way because of that.

Money back as a free bet with William Hill though, I like that offer.

They always fuck me over.

Anyway. Done a 6/1 treble yesterday.

Bourg en Besse BTTS and Santos are in. 11/10 and Evens.

Now for the easy one.

Telstar / AZ Alkmaar BTTS. 8/13.

This will end in tears.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63249 on: October 29, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »
On the Sampdoria/BTTS tonight at 4's.

Sampdoria have scored an average of 2.8 goals at home this season while winning 4 out of their 5 home games.  3 of these wins were coupled with BTTS.

Empoli have scored in 3 out of their 4 away games while only winning once on their travels

Not a massive data set to work with but its good enough for me to have a go at 4/1

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #63250 on: October 29, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »
Soton, City/Pal BTTS, Liv/Bmouth BTTS

Treble @ almost 4/1

Stung by us keeping a rare clean sheet.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63251 on: October 29, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »

Sampdoria have scored an average of 2.8 goals at home this season while winning 4 out of their 5 home games.  3 of these wins were coupled with BTTS.

Empoli have scored in 3 out of their 4 away games while only winning once on their travels

Not a massive data set to work with but its good enough for me to have a go at 4/1

Following you on this one mate. Is it on TV anywhere?

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63252 on: October 29, 2015, 07:19:25 pm »
Following you on this one mate. Is it on TV anywhere?

Yeah its on BTsportEuro channel Lance (Sky 414).

I've just noticed Saponara is back for Empoli from suspension and is over 4/1 AGS on 888.  Got to be having a little saver bet on him.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #63253 on: October 29, 2015, 07:34:14 pm »
Two goalscorers i like the look of for tonight:

Leeds Vs Blackburn Rhodes @ 2/1

We all know what this man is capable of in this league, he will get chances tonight against a overly poor Leeds side, 2/1 is a BIG price on this man i feel.

Sampodria Vs Empoli Eder @ 2/1

Seire A Top goalscorer this season with 8 in 9 games for Samp, leading the line tonight and he will be in the action and get chances, wouldn't be surprised to see him slot one home

Double @ around 8/1

Offline somersetred

• Kopite
« Reply #63254 on: October 29, 2015, 07:38:41 pm »

With you on this one to Pete. I had a go on galatasaray to score over 2.5 in 1st half and they just scored a pen before half time to make it 3-0 :)

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63255 on: October 29, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »
Stephen nearly had his 8/1 AGS double up after 15 mins. Eder just had one disallowed.

he will get more chances though

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63256 on: October 29, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »
Stephen nearly had his 8/1 AGS double up after 15 mins. Eder just had one disallowed.

he will get more chances though

Open game this, there will be goals.

Hopefully.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63257 on: October 29, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »
Open game this, there will be goals.

Hopefully.

Both my AGS bets have missed sitters and this is gonna end up 0-0

Posting bets on here is jinxing me big time of late.

But then you feel a twat going into the after-timing thread posting big wins. :)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63258 on: October 29, 2015, 09:09:51 pm »
They always fuck me over.

Anyway. Done a 6/1 treble yesterday.

Bourg en Besse BTTS and Santos are in. 11/10 and Evens.

Now for the easy one.

Telstar / AZ Alkmaar BTTS. 8/13.

This will end in tears.

I think I maybe right.

0 - 0.

30 minutes left.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63259 on: October 29, 2015, 09:11:18 pm »

We all know what this man is capable of in this league, he will get chances tonight against a overly poor Leeds side, 2/1 is a BIG price on this man i feel.

Seire A Top goalscorer this season with 8 in 9 games for Samp, leading the line tonight and he will be in the action and get chances, wouldn't be surprised to see him slot one home

Double @ around 8/1

Great call, well done
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63260 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »
Shout Stephen

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63261 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:02 pm »
Great call, well done

Indeed.

Very nice double that

A Carbonaro winner for Samp now would be utopia.

Offline somersetred

• Kopite
« Reply #63262 on: October 29, 2015, 09:14:24 pm »
Good call Stephen

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63263 on: October 29, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »
Fuck off !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #63264 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:50 pm »
Stuck £50 on Hibs to win the Scottish League 1 at 14/1. Basically relying on Rangers to go tits up again and get deducted 25 points.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63265 on: October 30, 2015, 11:41:38 am »
Just got on early on Bruninho for Nordsjælland in Denmark at 5pm.

Their Brazillian Striker with 9 goals in 10 starts and a brace last time out.

Their opponents are second from bottom Esbjerg who have conceded an average of 2.1 goals per home game this season.

8/5 AGS but i thought the 11/1 2+ on 888 was nice.  80/1 hatty just in case and to avoid tears at bedtime if he pulls it off.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63266 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:20 pm »
Thanks Pete, looks a good shout. I've done all AGS and 2+ singles and doubles on him with Charlie Austin
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63267 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:41 pm »
Thanks Pete, looks a good shout. I've done all AGS and 2+ singles and doubles on him with Charlie Austin

don't hold your breath mate :)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63268 on: October 30, 2015, 03:23:15 pm »
don't hold your breath mate :)

Haha I'm aware of how these things work, as soon as I bet on something it loses. I didn't follow blindly anyway, did a bit of research of my own too just to verify what you were saying.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #63269 on: October 30, 2015, 03:25:53 pm »

Double @ around 8/1

I've had worse Thursday nights (Europa league)! Backed singles and the Double so happy days, weekends betting pot sorted! On the look out for more AGS tonight and this weekend i think!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63270 on: October 30, 2015, 04:21:20 pm »
hope Litex Lovech pull their fingers out second half. Need them to win for a very minor 2.13/1 treble. They were 1/3 to win as a single and are being outplayed it seems. Serves me right for having a dabble on the Bulgarian league i guess. Will keep the faith!!

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63271 on: October 30, 2015, 04:37:27 pm »
Just got on early on Bruninho for Nordsjælland in Denmark at 5pm.

Their Brazillian Striker with 9 goals in 10 starts and a brace last time out.

Their opponents are second from bottom Esbjerg who have conceded an average of 2.1 goals per home game this season.

8/5 AGS but i thought the 11/1 2+ on 888 was nice.  80/1 hatty just in case and to avoid tears at bedtime if he pulls it off.

I'll have a dabble on this too.

Purely on value too, I've gone for Marcondes 2+ and hattie at 40s and 125s respectively. Small stakes but think Bet365 may have mispriced him. Not sure of his stats, but according to Nordsjaelland's Twitter he's starting up front in a 4-3-3 so those odds seem way to high for a player starting up top.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63272 on: October 30, 2015, 05:01:48 pm »
I'll have a dabble on this too.

Purely on value too, I've gone for Marcondes 2+ and hattie at 40s and 125s respectively. Small stakes but think Bet365 may have mispriced him. Not sure of his stats, but according to Nordsjaelland's Twitter he's starting up front in a 4-3-3 so those odds seem way to high for a player starting up top.

Yeah playing as part of a front 3 with Bruninho and Ingvartson according to Nordsjælland official twitter

You just know who's going to score now don't you?

step up Mr Marcus Ingvartson

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63273 on: October 30, 2015, 05:04:07 pm »
I've had worse Thursday nights (Europa league)! Backed singles and the Double so happy days, weekends betting pot sorted! On the look out for more AGS tonight and this weekend i think!

Enjoy it while it lasts

The bankers soon start letting you down and you have to start looking a bit more leftfield and doing a bit of research

trust me

Still a good shout last night though, fair do's

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63274 on: October 30, 2015, 05:12:15 pm »
Yeah playing as part of a front 3 with Bruninho and Ingvartson according to Nordsjælland official twitter

You just know who's going to score now don't you?

step up Mr Marcus Ingvartson

and there it is!

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63275 on: October 30, 2015, 05:12:35 pm »
Couldnt make it up

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63276 on: October 30, 2015, 05:43:44 pm »
On Norsjaelland over 2.5 team goals but my god the quality of football on show in Denmark is absolutely horrid. Both of these teams are tragic, hardly any of them can control a ball, it's like watching conference footie

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63277 on: October 30, 2015, 05:53:07 pm »
On Norsjaelland over 2.5 team goals but my god the quality of football on show in Denmark is absolutely horrid. Both of these teams are tragic, hardly any of them can control a ball, it's like watching conference footie

So the Bruninho hatty still on then :)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63278 on: October 30, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »
Credit where it's due that second Esbjerg goal was a great finish!

Offline jay0130

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63279 on: October 30, 2015, 07:30:09 pm »
Robben 1 and 2
10/11 and 4/1 365