Author Topic: The Liverpool Gig Thread  (Read 164455 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Liverpool Gig Thread
« Reply #680 on: April 4, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »
Hue & Cry at Erics tomorrow night.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 24, 2014, 12:05:28 pm »
After a lean few months on the gig front (barring an outing to the Scandinavian church) I'm going to see Childhood at leaf tomorrow. Few scoops in the Kaz garden if the weather's decent and Mello Mello if it isn't. Can't wait to be honest.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #682 on: April 24, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »
How did it go?...me and missus have seen Perry a few times but had to give it a miss this time

It was an experience, I'll say that! The band he had with him were absolutely brilliant- I could have listened to them jamming on their own all night. To my discredit, I had never heard of Perry until my boyfriend's mate suggested we went to the gig, found a little bit about him before we went though, but still didn't know quite what to expect from the man himself. He's certainly an individual isn't he?! I didn't know many of his songs but I enjoyed it- he still has a real faithful following, that was evident. Really mixed crowd who got into it. You can tell his age is catching up with him, but fair play to him. The Kazimier was just the right size for the gig too- though I think the smoking ban was well and truly broken that night ;)
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:30 am »
Sound City looming.. slightly less strong as last year IMO but still more than enough for me to be seeing

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:37 am »
Got tickets for Parquet Courts in the Kazimier in June. Seen them at Green Man but the sound wasn't great in the Far Out tent so hopefully this will do them justice.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:39 pm »
Sound City looming.. slightly less strong as last year IMO but still more than enough for me to be seeing

Yeah last years lineup will be difficult to top. Superb.

Got tickets for Parquet Courts in the Kazimier in June. Seen them at Green Man but the sound wasn't great in the Far Out tent so hopefully this will do them justice.

Looking forward to that too.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: April 26, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »

Looking forward to that too.

My mates got me tickets for a band called Scott and Charlene's Wedding in Leaf on 13th May. Should also be good, similar shtick to Parquet Courts. 

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: May 14, 2014, 12:58:31 pm »
Bo Ningen at EVAC tonight which should be noisy. Also got tickets for Neutral Milk Hotel in Manchester on Saturday which could be the gig of the year for me, if it's any good! And finally got tickets for the re-scheduled Neil Young gig at the Echo, very annoyingly we had standing first time but we're seated this time, should still be good though.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:50 am »
Parquet Courts was the gig of the year so far for me. It was fucking brilliant and they can't have played to many more enthusiastic crowds than in the Kaz last night, it was carnage. Well done Liverpool for getting out on a Sunday night.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2014, 12:00:49 pm »
Parquet Courts was the gig of the year so far for me. It was fucking brilliant and they can't have played to many more enthusiastic crowds than in the Kaz last night, it was carnage. Well done Liverpool for getting out on a Sunday night.

First moshpit I've been in for about 10 years. Awesome stuff. Came out drenched, felt like I'd experienced something rare.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:58 pm »
First moshpit I've been in for about 10 years. Awesome stuff. Came out drenched, felt like I'd experienced something rare.

Still can't hear a thing. It was mental!

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #691 on: July 7, 2014, 10:15:12 am »
We were in town on the 7th of February and saw a band play at The Cavern Pub. 3 guys, one with a beard and hat, the drummer had longer hair and the third one was older and a bit heavier.
Anyone got an idea who this was?
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline just Riggins?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: July 7, 2014, 03:32:51 pm »
Late on the Parquet Courts hype but yeah, what a bloody gig.  Thought Bad Breeding supporting were excellent too, looking forward to seeing them again.

Got Slow Club and Jamie T at the Kazimier this month, that'll do nicely.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: July 7, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »
I don't go to that many gigs these days but going to see the Dropkick Murphys tomorrow in the Academy. Seen them a few times and they always put on a good live performance so I'm looking forward to it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: July 7, 2014, 05:41:27 pm »
Mick Head playing the Scandanavian Sailors Church on Friday. Just announced via his record co's Twitter. Excited. Then Neil Young on Sunday.

Offline Jamesy

• Anny Roader
  • Auld Arse
« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »
I don't go to that many gigs these days but going to see the Dropkick Murphys tomorrow in the Academy. Seen them a few times and they always put on a good live performance so I'm looking forward to it.

Awesome weren't they! :D
I've got your name written here in a rose tattoo.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »
Mogwai and Forest Swords on at Camp and Furnace on the 24th of October. As soon as I saw it I got tickets, I think that'll be a brilliant night of music.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #697 on: July 11, 2014, 08:01:51 am »
We were in town on the 7th of February and saw a band play at The Cavern Pub. 3 guys, one with a beard and hat, the drummer had longer hair and the third one was older and a bit heavier.
Anyone got an idea who this was?

Anyone knows who this could be?
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:45 pm »
Neil Young totally nailed it, absolutely brilliant show. Given the average age of him and Crazy Horse the energy and sharpness of it is especially impressive.

Hope he comes to Liverpool again, I for one would be there.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:02 am »
Neil Young totally nailed it, absolutely brilliant show. Given the average age of him and Crazy Horse the energy and sharpness of it is especially impressive.

Same here. Like a Hurricane truly did blow me away. I had kind of spoilt the surprise for myself by looking at a recent setlist, and was expecting cinnamon girl and down by the river, both of which I love but I've seen him do before, so to get that was special. I did worry the 'dove from above' keyboard was going to injure Poncho though!

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: July 14, 2014, 12:37:14 am »
Awesome weren't they! :D

Brilliant as always, what a live band.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: July 14, 2014, 12:38:17 am »

A bit gutted I wasn't there, had tickets for him last year when they had to cancel. When I saw it was the same night as the world cup final though I decided against it. I've seen him before at Glastonbury and he was brilliant, hope they come back.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #702 on: July 16, 2014, 12:36:48 pm »
Just got tickets to see Sean Lennons band 'GOASTT' next month at Kazimer.

Get bevvied and try and find him at the bar and chew his ear off about how great his ol' fella was. Bet he loves that!

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #703 on: July 18, 2014, 11:43:59 pm »
Off to astral coast tomorrow in New Brighton 11 notes 2 stages of top top local talent
@sevvyparklee

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #704 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:14 am »
I hope you are all attending Liverpool Calling on Saturday!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: July 24, 2014, 09:23:34 am »
Off to astral coast tomorrow in New Brighton 11 notes 2 stages of top top local talent

Enjoyed it. The Lucid Dream were my favourite. Their last tune was bonkers brilliance. Even got the melodica out Augustus Pablo style.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #706 on: July 24, 2014, 07:15:59 pm »
Burt Bacharach on The Empire 4th August!! :o ..when the fook did this happen!?...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:51:04 pm by Pistolero »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #707 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »
Mick Head playing the Scandanavian Sailors Church on Friday. Just announced via his record co's Twitter. Excited. Then Neil Young on Sunday.

Seen him in Manchester a a few months back, wasn't impressed at all.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #708 on: July 25, 2014, 11:42:19 am »
I hope you are all attending Liverpool Calling on Saturday!

What's that as never heard of it?

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: July 25, 2014, 12:28:44 pm »
Not sure but i think it's the bombed out church thing, i think British Sea Power played last year.

Most recent things i've got tickets for are St.Vincent at the end of August at the academy and then John Cooper Clarke at Camp and Furnace in November, which feels like a lifetime to have to wait.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: July 25, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »
Burt Bacharach on The Empire 4th August!! :o ..when the fook did this happen!?...
It hasn't happened yet mate.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: July 31, 2014, 11:42:13 am »
So I've been offered a half price Andrew W.K. ticket for tonight. The plan is to PARTY HARD while simultaneously hope I don't see anyone I know and drink enough to null the fact most of his songs are shit. PARTY!

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: July 31, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »
So I've been offered a half price Andrew W.K. ticket for tonight. The plan is to PARTY HARD while simultaneously hope I don't see anyone I know and drink enough to null the fact most of his songs are shit. PARTY!

I'll be there, along with about 8 of my mates. I absolutely love him though...

Just made up he's playing Liverpool, I didn't go and see him 2 years ago in Manchester cos it was the Wembley semi final against Everton the next day and I was up at about 5, plus I was at the races on the Friday. Before that he hadn't played over here for about 10 years when I saw him last. If you've never seen him live before you're in for a treat!

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: July 31, 2014, 12:16:10 pm »
I'll be there, along with about 8 of my mates. I absolutely love him though...

Just made up he's playing Liverpool, I didn't go and see him 2 years ago in Manchester cos it was the Wembley semi final against Everton the next day and I was up at about 5, plus I was at the races on the Friday. Before that he hadn't played over here for about 10 years when I saw him last. If you've never seen him live before you're in for a treat!

Excellent!

Despite souding like i don't want to go i am actually really looking forward to it, i was secretly thinking to buy myself a last minute ticket full price to be honest, i've heard he puts on a good show. Getting a half price one was a bonus.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:28 pm »
Sooooooo Andrew W.K. is fucking ace.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #715 on: August 1, 2014, 12:43:11 am »
Sooooooo Andrew W.K. is fucking ace.

I saw him in Australia a few years back. I have to say it was one of the more surprisingly good shows I'd seen (not being a fan). Was it full on band mode or him at the piano taking requests?
We are Liverpool!

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #716 on: August 1, 2014, 12:52:49 pm »
Not sure if this fits on here but anyone going to this or go last year? http://www.liverpoolpsychfest.com/tickets/ seems ok for 2 nights of bands so debating wether to buy a ticket or not

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: August 1, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »
I saw him in Australia a few years back. I have to say it was one of the more surprisingly good shows I'd seen (not being a fan). Was it full on band mode or him at the piano taking requests?

Just him at a piano - although he also had some old-ish dude on stage with him singing. I'm also not what you'd call a fan really but it was a great deal of fun last night.

Not sure if this fits on here but anyone going to this or go last year? http://www.liverpoolpsychfest.com/tickets/ seems ok for 2 nights of bands so debating wether to buy a ticket or not

I was on holiday last year and missed it but i've been to some of the other psychfest stuff (christmas party and pre-fest gigs) and it's always been absolutely brilliant. I'm going this year and i'm super excited.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: August 1, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »
Andrew WK was fantastic last night
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline just Riggins?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: August 1, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
I went to Psych Fest a couple of years ago and it was brilliant. 

Eagulls playing at the Kazimier for free in October, part of Liverpool Music Week, details to be announced soon apparently.

Also booked The Killers, wanted to see them for years but never justified it cos I always loved half their albums and wasn't bothered with the other half.  Since Battle Born came out though I've wanted to see them, loved that album and Runaways is one of my favourite songs full stop.  Should be good at the Academy.

Finally......

went to see Jamie T at the Kazimier the other day, crowd was a bit aggressive but he was top.  Apparently tickets going for sale for £100 outside, when I got there ten minutes before he was on there was about 30 people standing round.