Author Topic: Gyms in Liverpool  (Read 2870 times)

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Gyms in Liverpool
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:50:12 pm »
Hi, ready for my annual Liverpool visit. Since the sub-forum inspire a rawkite isnt the most popular one, I'll copy the text that I posted there:

Haven't really found my way to this thread lately, which sucks considering how much amount of time I spend in a gym weekly...
Hopefully someone can help me out on here.

Whats the best/cheaper gym in Liverpool city centre. Coming over for City and Burnley game, but I have got powerlifting competitions on 18th april, so heart is bleeding a little and skipping the whole week and being on ale wouldn't do any good, so hopefully someone can recommend me a gym in Liverpool and if someone feels bored I'd be happy to do gym session with someone on here.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gyms in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:15:44 pm »
Search "gym" in the Liverpool only board and you'll get a few answers mate.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:23:17 pm »
Give this website a search mate, it'll help you

http://www.payasugym.com/

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:43 pm »
Follow Purple Aki around for a while, you are bound to end up in one soon enough!  :wave

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:08 am »
Follow Purple Aki around for a while, you are bound to end up in one soon enough!  :wave
You will find he is banned from the lot of them...
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:24 am »
Hi, ready for my annual Liverpool visit. Since the sub-forum inspire a rawkite isnt the most popular one, I'll copy the text that I posted there:

Haven't really found my way to this thread lately, which sucks considering how much amount of time I spend in a gym weekly...
Hopefully someone can help me out on here.

Whats the best/cheaper gym in Liverpool city centre. Coming over for City and Burnley game, but I have got powerlifting competitions on 18th april, so heart is bleeding a little and skipping the whole week and being on ale wouldn't do any good, so hopefully someone can recommend me a gym in Liverpool and if someone feels bored I'd be happy to do gym session with someone on here.

Training Station 2, not far from the city centre and good for power lifting, a few of the lads compete in there. Great gym all round and not expensive.

http://trainingstation2.co.uk/
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »
I use JD Gym on Dale Street, it used to be part of the old State nightclub and only opened just after Christmas.

www.jdgyms.co.uk/liverpool

It's a really decent gaff, three floors and never too packed.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »
Training Station 2, not far from the city centre and good for power lifting, a few of the lads compete in there. Great gym all round and not expensive.

Never heard of this one mate ( drive past there every day as well) . Does it get chocker at certain times or not too bad ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 11:07:39 pm »

This is exactly what you want if you powerlift. You can pay for one off sessions too. 3:50 or 2:50 for a student i think.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 08:17:52 am »
Perfect lads, thank you all!

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 11:05:53 am »
Never heard of this one mate ( drive past there every day as well) . Does it get chocker at certain times or not too bad ?

Not too bad mate, I go Mon-Fri at 4 and there's only a handful of people in there.

I wont train anywhere else, great gym and great bunch of lads in there.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 01:31:47 pm »
Not too bad mate, I go Mon-Fri at 4 and there's only a handful of people in there.

I wont train anywhere else, great gym and great bunch of lads in there.

Cheers mate - may check it out .

I go to Ben Dunne on Edge Lane but starting to get pretty chocker there now ( but it is incredibly cheap ).
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:55:13 pm »
Cheers mate - may check it out .

I go to Ben Dunne on Edge Lane but starting to get pretty chocker there now ( but it is incredibly cheap ).

I was looking at joining there as I'm on the look out for a new gym and I drive past it everyday on my commute.

What's it like weekdays after work about 5.30ish? Used to go The Gym on the dock road but that started getting way too busy around that time.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:31 pm »
I was looking at joining there as I'm on the look out for a new gym and I drive past it everyday on my commute.

What's it like weekdays after work about 5.30ish? Used to go The Gym on the dock road but that started getting way too busy around that time.

Not been around that time mate - I usually don't go until after 7.30pm at the earliest . You could always call in around that time just to see what it's like .

It's a big gym with plenty of equipment , but if it's too busy it's not that easy to try and work to a set routine .

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »

I used to train in The Gym...always early or realy late on though..went in one night around 6...couldn't breath because of the damp air with that many people in there.

The Ben Dunne is a load better than The Gym for lifting...much better..I'm not sure how busy it is at that time..but every other time I've gone it's ok..always able to do me workout.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »
So after all the places you suggested me lads, I went to the Fitness club on Victoria Street. Mainly cause JD didn't do one time offers and the gym for powerlifting would have been to far. Was 6 pounds per visit, made 2 sessions, so pretty expensive, but I was still happy that I could work out somewhere. Anyway it was rather busy gym even during day time. Only one bench to do the bench press, but managed to get on it after a lil bit of weight. But decent gym and thank you all for suggestions  ;)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 9, 2015, 09:19:05 am »

I go to Ben Dunne
Sounds like something Purple Aki would say in a Glaswegian accent.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40