Author Topic: Letter to Mario.  (Read 28452 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Letter to Mario.
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:23 am »
Dear Mario,
In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Liverpool fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the Spurs game today.

But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Liverpool, you're not just a player, you a Liverpool player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Liverpool is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

Liverpool's great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Liverpool fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

In some ways, Mario, welcome home.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:45:21 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Letter to Mario.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:45:22 am »
Great stuff that, and spot on.

Looking at what he has said on social media so far, I suspect he knows he has come to the right place.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:47:15 am »
The Twitter Version. Mario, score lots of goals, remember you're part of a club, become a legend.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:50:09 am »
Brilliant Hinesy, I think it's precisely what Brendan will have been saying to him this week and if it hasn't sunk in it will over the coming weeks.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:45 am »
Brilliant Hinesy, I think it's precisely what Brendan will have been saying to him this week and if it hasn't sunk in it will over the coming weeks.

It will definitely sink in September 16th.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:55:57 am »
;D
Yep.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:23 am »
You looking very happy in training really hope you have found your spiritual home with us .

Score loads of goals ;) and be Happy

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:23:08 am »
I did a Legends tour on Friday with Jan Molby.

And one word was repeated time after time after time.

Family.

He was adamant that unless your were a part of it, you never got/get what it means.

Lots of things over the years have gone to creating a mythical status, the sign in the tunnel, boot room, silly rules we used to invoke, the antiquated dressing room. But he reckoned players were desperate to be part of it, every sentence was about the 'family'.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 10:35:22 am »
Dear Rickie,
What took you so long?
Welcome home  ;D

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 11:14:18 am »
Bit hungover and emotional are we OP?!   :P

Offline REDbrown

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 11:15:43 am »
But where is Rickie Lamberts welcoming letter??  >:(

Just kidding, well written. Hope he sees it!!
<message deleted>

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:08 am »
Bit hungover and emotional are we OP?!   :P

Nope. :wave
I hope he has the best time here. We are Liverpool.
Yep.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:47 am »
Nope. :wave
I hope he has the best time here. We are Liverpool.

Fingers crossed mate

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 11:38:40 am »
Did he actually receive this letter. I hope he did, he need the LOVE!!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:59:39 am »
Did he actually receive this letter. I hope he did, he need the LOVE!!

No, I wrote this morning about half nine, and there's no Sunday post. But it'd be nice if he read it. ;)
Yep.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
No, I wrote this morning about half nine, and there's no Sunday post. But it'd be nice if he read it. ;)

Can we not post it on his Twitter or facebook or whatever, mind you im not into any of these things. But surely someone can show him this letter lol.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 12:24:02 pm »
Lovely read mate.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 01:09:30 pm »
Thanks mate.
Yep.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #18 on: September 2, 2014, 03:12:55 am »
Lovely read mate.

Exactly the right tone, and supportive spirit.  Well out!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #19 on: September 2, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »
Its alright that, perhaps needs a few, more, comma's, I think, if I'm being honest.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 2, 2014, 10:11:13 pm »
;D
Yep.

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #21 on: September 2, 2014, 11:48:27 pm »
Dear Mario,

Do good at footy for us mate

Nice one,

Liverpool fans

Offline dannynib

• Boys Pen
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2014, 07:15:48 pm »
In some ways, Mario, welcome home.

Beautifully put mate. Any chance I could lend this and put it on a banner for the next home game? Hope you don't mind. I'll include your twitter handle on the banner if you want? Just to give you a bit of credit for this wonderful saying!
« Last Edit: September 3, 2014, 07:22:52 pm by dannynib »

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2014, 08:55:36 pm »
Of course mate. Fire in.
Yep.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2014, 08:59:17 pm »
Not having a go at the post here just wondering what's the point in deleting posts just because they've a  differing opinion on it etc

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2014, 09:06:04 pm »
Not having a go at the post here just wondering what's the point in deleting posts just because they've a  differing opinion on it etc

Surely not in the opinion section?! ;D

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2014, 09:28:51 pm »
Each to their own. I'd imagine that the forums that choose to keep themselves private are potentially even more embarrassing.

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »
Each to their own. I'd imagine that the forums that choose to keep themselves private are potentially even more embarrassing.

They may well be, but what is the point in having a subforum called 'opinion' if you are going to have posts deleted by trigger happy mods for voicing an opinion?

Just my opinion like.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 3, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »
Well I haven't deleted any posts and I'm not really bothered about deleting them. However, I can only see a couple of posts deleted, one of which asked if my letter was a joke, and my answer is no, its not. I write from the heart about football, not from the factual world, nor am I a cynic and I will happily stand up for my thoughts and the fact I have the nerve to post them, up for ridicule or praise, frankly it really doesn't matter to me.
What does matter to me is that I'd like to welcome a player to our club who has been ridiculed by the press and say I'm glad you're playing for us and best of luck mate. Too many men are scared of being open with their emotions, that's a shame I think. Personally of course, just in my opinion...
Yep.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »
All the critical posts got deleted?

Jesus someone make this forum private it's an embarrassment to the club.

Imagine other teams reading this and thinking this is what scousers are like.
You mean they may think they're(L'pool fans) are articulate and can put their thoughts into words? Ye, they must be having a right fuckin laugh at that.

And you really give a flying fuck on what some gobshite manc, cockney or geordie thinks? Dead scouse that la.

Bottom line is soft lad - if you don't like it yourself, then you know where the fucking door is.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #30 on: September 3, 2014, 11:42:20 pm »
Bottom line is soft lad - if you don't like it yourself, then you know where the fucking door is.

Welcome back Chops. :wave  :-*

Nice letter Hinesy, did he get it yet?

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 3, 2014, 11:44:37 pm »
And my post saying there were 5 others deleted is deleted!

I give up :wave:

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 4, 2014, 12:44:11 am »
Are hey lid, what's going off deleting all these proper scouse posts. Rawks full of wool's YOLO FTM ;)
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

royhendo

« Reply #33 on: September 4, 2014, 02:01:20 pm »
Take it all a bit more seriously, that's my advice. ;)