Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight  (Read 176562 times)

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
Re: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »
His Steve Clarke, van Gaal connections intrigue me.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »
Better choice of the 2.

Welcome, Brendan.

Let's all get behind him eh
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »
I'm nervous, but good nervous.

Like that feeling you get right before you lose your virginity.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:12 pm »
Have a feeling this fella is going to be a very good choice.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:23 pm »
Andy Carroll does not like this.

Why? I've heard others say this. Carroll can potentially slot into the Danny Graham position quite comfortably. You know Danny Graham, the big target man Swansea use to lead the line. Rodgers should be able to bring the best out of Carroll as he won't let our defenders take the easy way out and lump it forward vaguely in his direction.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Grunf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »
Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »
I'm nervous, but good nervous.

Like that feeling you get right before you lose your virginity.

;D
               YNWA

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:13 pm »
I'm actually really happy with him and excited, he's his own man apparently rejected us first because we didn't show much interest and thought liverpool was just approaching everyone on there shortlist i really feel this is a good choice risky one but good hopefully.
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »
Why? I've heard others say this. Carroll can potentially slot into the Danny Graham position quite comfortably. You know Danny Graham, the big target man Swansea use to lead the line. Rodgers should be able to bring the best out of Carroll as he won't let our defenders take the easy way out and lump it forward vaguely in his direction.

Agree. And with the way Andy has looked with the ball at his feet recently, I am positive he will be just fine.
               YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »
Not overwhelmed either but he's hardly Roy, their tactical philosophies are worlds apart.

Indeed.  Where did Roy's "35 years of experience" get us?  Sometimes you need a fresh perspective.  On top of that, Rodgers is 25 years younger than Hodders.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ۩ Maximus ۩

• Long lost cousin of Imperator
  • Kopite
  • I AM AN IDIOT
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:33 pm »
Just added another new article.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:34 pm »
I'm liking the fact that he comes from a youth coaching background.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:00 pm »
You expect too much. I'd reign your hopes in otherwise you are going to have a pretty unhappy season.

Chelsea are recruiting a new manager and will spend big this season. Manchester City will break the bank again. Spurs will recruit. Even Arsenal are bying and if reports are to be believed then Manchester United will be spending megabucks to catch up again.

On top of that you've got other ambitious clubs floating around the midtable and up mark.

We can't compete with the experience of the mangers in place (Except Chelsea who will be bringing a big name in) and we will be nowhere near competing with any of the major spending clubs - I'd guess our whole budget will be dwarfed by one or two signings from those clubs.

Then you've got more upheaveal at the club - all the sackings will take their toll. There is no way that a few months is going to be enough for everyone new to instantly gel and everything to fall into place. It won't happen. The manager will take time to settle. The players that stay will take time to settle. New signings will take time to settle and the Director of Football and all the other appointments will take a few seasons to work well together.

I'd say that three years should be where we are looking for early signs of us moving forward. Four years and we should be nearly there and five years we should be thinking about challenging for the top four spots. After that, depending on how many managers we go through and how the business side performs maybe anything from five to twenty years to try and have a tilt at the title.

We're in it for the long run now. We've started again. That takes time. Lots of time.

If I lower my expectation then we may as well say goodbye to our best players. We'll be a selling club soon enough.

As for disappointment, last 3 yrs it's happened and got use to it.

We need to be fighting to be top four, otherwise it'll be much longer than 4-5 yrs before we're in the mix. Probably longer, maybe never.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »
Welcome Brendan.

Will be 120% behind you.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »
Wishing him all the support in the world, welcome to our great club Brendan, destiny is in your own hands.

I'm very eager to see him in action, the more i've read about him the more encouraged i became. I'm very excited to see what he can do.

Good luck Brendan!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »
I wonder what these means for the boys returning from loan. A couple of them I feel could fit nicely into his style of play.
               YNWA

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »
Credit to Callaghan too who, through the quality of his research and postings, single-handedly changed the minds of quite a few RAWKites, making them re-appraise their views on BR.

In fact, his posting were so clever, so persuasive that one might think that:

is, in fact 

Regardless, good job Callaghan!!!   :wellin

From the Country of Liverpool

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2012, 05:50:32 pm »
Happy with his appointment. Thing is, last season i felt we played well enough - in terms of passing football - dont think there was much difference to us and Swansea. Just hope Rodgers is more shrewd in the transfer market and we can convert chances. Not much will change imo.

All the best Brendan.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2012, 05:50:58 pm »
Welcome Brendan. Wish you all the best  :scarf
It'll take time for him to implement his style of play so hopefully we give him the time to make these changes but overall I'm really excited to see what he has to offer

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »
I feel a lot more relaxed now than I did with Martinez getting the job. Feel more excited  and optimistic now for the season ahead. I like how hes learnt a lot with Chelsea too.

Welcome Brendan (when it's offically LFC confirmed of course)
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2012, 05:51:55 pm »
Welcome Brendan. I wish you all the best and really believe you will bring us many years of success

Thanks again for posting those articles. I've read them a few times now and all are interesting reads :). He mentions he looks as players with a sound technical base in one of the videos in the first posts. I think that's quite interesting, and perhaps will mean Maxi may still remain at the club :).

YNWA

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2012, 05:51:55 pm »
Ha ha. My missus met him the other night (In Character) at the Jewellry thing in town at the weekend. Said he was a great laugh and a nice bloke.

I bet he his, bought the hjc shop i believe, i'd like to meet him but i'd be too afraid, afraid that he might be like a few ex players who i've met, lets just say my hero worship fizzled away as soon as they spoke.

Anyway welcome brendan and good luck.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
Liverpool Echo ‏@LivEchoLFC

We can confirm Brendan Rodgers has left his job as Swansea City manager - more to follow #lfc
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline smj86

• Sad Wanker
  • Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »
Three year contract to implement his vision on the club... Eerily similar to Dalglish's appointment last year. In other words, he's only got this season to get things right or hes out!!  :wave
“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,”

Rafael Benitez

Offline ۩ Maximus ۩

• Long lost cousin of Imperator
  • Kopite
  • I AM AN IDIOT
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:50 pm »
Credit to Callaghan too who, through the quality of his research and postings, single-handedly changed the minds of quite a few RAWKites, making them re-appraise their views on BR.

is, in fact 

Definitely.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:56 pm »

is, in fact 

I second that wholeheartedly. Well done sir!
               YNWA

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »
As far as I'm aware he's never sucked up to Ferguson or the LMA either has he?

If he was mates with Mourinho then let's hope he's developed the hatred he had for everything LMA, FA, Sky and Ferguson.
Hopefully he holds a grudge against him for letting him go as a kid
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:48 pm »
Three year contract to implement his vision on the club... Eerily similar to Dalglish's appointment last year. In other words, he's only got this season to get things right or hes out!!  :wave

I see it as our owners being prudent. If he gets things right, he'll get an extension.

He has to earn it, which is fair enough.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2012, 05:56:04 pm »
Welcome BR (provided all the necessaries get completed). I hope you stick to your footballing principles and philosophies as if you do this may be a great ride we're about to embark on.

Get ready for all those hacks who have been singing your praises to now immediately turn on you as you're now associated with us. Hope you stick 2 fingers up to them and concentrate on immersing yourself into all things LFC!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »
I think the most interesting post i've read was the ages and successes of the players he brought into Swansea, majority sub 25 and again the majority delivered.

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2012, 05:56:48 pm »

Ha ha very good ;) ;D
Yep.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »
Delighted as I think he is a good manager right now but has the potential to be a great manager.

By the way, how fucking good was Mourinho's chelsea staff? Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas and Rodgers have both came out of that system..

It was brilliant. Many talk negatively about Mourinho and say his sides don't play the best football, but the man has a wonderful eye for not just footballing ability, but also player personality and employing the right person.
If Mourinho wasn't a football manager, he could easily be a CEO of an international business; that's what makes him an incredible manager.
I hope that Rodgers has the same sort of ability, to spot the right staff as well as players. It's clear that Rodgers likes a dominating and technical game when it comes to football, and can spot good players; let's see what else he can do.

Offline JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »
I'd like to thank you all for welcoming me to the club, i'll do my best.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2012, 05:59:15 pm »
Anybody think Carra may be moved on in the summer?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »
You know it's bad when you have to put loads of articles and Youtube videos up to find out about your new manager.

My litmus test would be if Arsenal, Chelsea or MAnU said this was their new manager would you laugh?

They are all better teams, playing CL football next seson though. We aren't. Besides fuck what anyone else thinks, lets back the guy to the hilt.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

Dunno, he needs to be though.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2012, 06:01:30 pm »
  Welcome aboard Brendan,,,The very best of luck to you and all at Liverpool Football Club.
bollocks

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:33 pm »
Welcome to LFC, Brendan.

An interesting choice: I am glad it's not martinez (the cack mouthed Dave Whelan turned me off him).

He is a clean slate and I hope he does very well for us.

Welcome and good luck with dealing with the shitehawk media  :wave

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2012, 06:03:08 pm »
Credit to Callaghan too who, through the quality of his research and postings, single-handedly changed the minds of quite a few RAWKites, making them re-appraise their views on BR

Fair play,,well done Callaghan...On your head be it.. ;D
bollocks

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2012, 06:03:30 pm »

He's not going to fit in Rodgers system and I could see him get completely fed up with the hoof clearances. Don't know if this is the place for that though.