Author Topic: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)  (Read 65128 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2016, 08:38:41 am »
They had 9 touches in our box (Firmino had as many) and only 1 attempt on target. The rather weak, to put it nicely, header by Williams.

They gave it all they had in the 1st half, we didn't get out of 2nd gear and they didn't trouble us.

Their poster boy Barkley had 44 percent passing accuracy in the first half.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:42:16 am by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2016, 08:50:16 am »
I'm Bobby's biggest fan but he was absolutely awful tonight, truth be told. I'd have taken him off after an hour in all honesty. I'd rest him against Stoke on the 27th and bring Sturridge in to give him a bit of a rest and make sure he's fresh as a daisy for City on NYE.

That's not what Klopp thinks.
Post match referred to how important he was, his work off the ball, creating space etc.

It wasn't his greatest game, but he could have scored twice and he does take a defender with him when he moves left to create space for Sturridge to move into for the goal.
He is not a regular type of centre forward and is a key part of our pressing and link ups. I think its easy to underestimate what he contributes.

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:21 am »
Worth mentioning we've played seven at home and 10 away. Just nine aways left in 21 games, plus we've been to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Everton. Looking good!

Offline Red Spen

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2016, 08:58:02 am »
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERTON !!!!

Offline Ozzie Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2016, 09:03:53 am »

Thought this was awesome, shows the togetherness.
I love being part of this big Red family, we are Liverpool Football club, we will win

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #765 on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:05 am »
Not to mention he appears from nothing like a bloody magician. ;)

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #766 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:26 am »
That's not what Klopp thinks.
Post match referred to how important he was, his work off the ball, creating space etc.

It wasn't his greatest game, but he could have scored twice and he does take a defender with him when he moves left to create space for Sturridge to move into for the goal.
He is not a regular type of centre forward and is a key part of our pressing and link ups. I think its easy to underestimate what he contributes.
It was really frustrating to look at. He seemed to lose a lot of balls and near the end of the first half it seemed like he completly vanished of the pitch. In the second half he continued to frustrate me on the ball but very often he'd pop up with a recovery or some good pressing/closing down and you'd think 'Right, that's why he's so important and still out there'. At that time I was also convinced he would eventually pop up with the winner.  ;D

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #767 on: December 20, 2016, 09:09:46 am »
Hahaha had me in stitches this one. That yakubu...

;D ;D just to make sure you read my post. Hahaha.
They looked alike anyway (Yakubu and Lukaku) and played similar shitty football too.

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #768 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:16 am »
A wonderful win - can't beat an injury time winner. On the whole I thought we played well - second half we dominated. 68% possession on their patch reflects the control we had. We've now won as many derbies at goodison as they have! (40 each) great stat!!

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #770 on: December 20, 2016, 09:22:28 am »
ohhhh Mane mane!

that was the BEST way to win a derby!! Great build up by Sturridge, happy for the lad....but jesus that game wasn't pretty. Was never gonna be against them mongrels but we dug in, grew into it and showed our superiority in the end (just)

There were some good performances and some not so good...but the moments in the match that stand out were Klavan's block/tackle on Lukaku in the first half....Hendo keeping his head after that prick Barkley shoulda been sent off.....Lovren backing his captain and his mate after that tackle and getting involved, liked that, his overall performance too.....Mane buzzing around everywhere.....the reds completely dominating in general

well in

Merry Christmas Everton!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #771 on: December 20, 2016, 09:25:00 am »
Times like these I wish I worked with blues.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #772 on: December 20, 2016, 09:26:43 am »
The sun is out, the sky is blue and the fewm is visible on the horizon.

Still got a massive smile on my face. All is well with the World!

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #773 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:14 am »
Best way to win the most important game of the season. Absolutely buzzing still.

Got to love The Ev. Find new and better ways to get beat by us every season. 1 win in 20 against us and that was only because we had Hodgson in charge.

Merry Christmas Everton!
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #774 on: December 20, 2016, 09:50:19 am »
Love that their fans are moaning about 8 minutes injury time and asking where Dean got it from. Um that would be your own player injuring your keeper who after about 3 minutes could tell he couldn't carry on but decided to drag it on for longer. Then also the tackle from Barkley also held the game up for about another 3 to 4 mins.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #775 on: December 20, 2016, 09:52:20 am »
Love that their fans are moaning about 8 minutes injury time and asking where Dean got it from. Um that would be your own player injuring your keeper who after about 3 minutes could tell he couldn't carry on but decided to drag it on for longer. Then also the tackle from Barkley also held the game up for about another 3 to 4 mins.

They were the home team, it was 0-0, that eight minutes should have been to their advantage, not ours.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: December 20, 2016, 09:52:38 am »

Lovren looks like some conjuror materializing from out of dry ice

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 20, 2016, 09:58:48 am »
Not to mention he appears from nothing like a bloody magician. ;)

Lovren looks like some conjuror materializing from out of dry ice

The GIF is mesmerising :)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 20, 2016, 10:01:38 am »
Loved the passion from Lovren and Henderson in the game. Had a bit of spice.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #779 on: December 20, 2016, 10:02:38 am »
Looking at the table this morning, that really was a massive 3 points last night.

That puts us back above City and keeps us within 6 points of Chelsea

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:26 am »
Just checked and yep...still true....this really was the best way to beat the Bitters.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 20, 2016, 10:05:43 am »
Jurgietime .....haa funny as hell although any reference to Slur is  :puke2

What a result for the team as they definitely deserved it as had to dig deep when they came out of the box but we were clearly the better side. To win it the way we did was classic as to keep chasing the win and achieving it really shows the spine of the lads right now. Those 3 points will go a long way as the confidence will be bouncing. Enjoy your Christmas party :)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 20, 2016, 10:08:01 am »
Wow, 20 pages already??  For a moment there I thought we lost!  :o  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 20, 2016, 10:09:12 am »
Were winning it this year, I can feel it in the air!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 20, 2016, 10:10:11 am »
Great to win the derby but the 3 points were massively important to make sure we can be there when Chelsea drop some points.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:06 am »
match thread is 153 pages and counting over on GOT

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #786 on: December 20, 2016, 10:12:56 am »
Klavan MOTM

Saem, close with Dejan like but Klavan was fucking immense, was Lukaku even troubling him at all?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: December 20, 2016, 10:13:44 am »
Felt like we Rope a doped them like Ali did to Foreman. They gave their all in the first half and were out on their feet and we pounced. Great win, plenty of grit shown and can only help build that tough mentality. On a side note Barkley is a proper shithouse.

Ha ha!  Its funny you say that because thats exactly the analogy I was thinking to myself as the first half was drawing to a close.

I felt we never shifted out of first gear, let them huff and puff and blow themselves out, while we dealt with pretty much everything they threw at us without too much effort.

Was just praying they wouldn't jammingly get that goal though.

And it was the case.....we totally dominated that 2nd half because they had fuck all left in the tank really.

I thought we'd get more goals and attempts on target but that aside, that game went completely according to plan.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 20, 2016, 10:14:24 am »
Also, was nice to actually have some options on the bench! Was desperate for Klopp to bring somebody on earlier than he did but on reflection I think he got the timing just right.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:24 am »
Lovren showing last night that he's got real leadership qualities. Klavan had a fantastic game but struggled a little for the first 20 minutes. Lovren was solid as a rock and this allowed Klavan to grow into the game and from there on out both were superb.

Was straight over when that shithouse fouled Hendo. His celebration when we scored (appearing out of the smoke) shows his intensity and passion for the result.

He also threw his shirt to the fans, and got a massive man hug from Klopp. He has this dead-eyed stare about him nowadays, the bloke is 100% focussed.

It's an absolute joy to see considering the nervous wreck he was most weeks under Rogers. You need leaders to win trophies.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #790 on: December 20, 2016, 10:19:08 am »
Saem, close with Dejan like but Klavan was fucking immense, was Lukaku even troubling him at all?
Klavan lost five aerial duels to Lukaku throughout the game, three of them were in the first twenty minutes when Everton were looking to hit Lukaku with early long balls. After that spell we controlled the game better and Klavan wasn't troubled. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #791 on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:59 am »

We only needed 4 anyway. At least this way they had time to equalise. Except that they couldn't do anything but get dominated by us for the last few minutes too.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #792 on: December 20, 2016, 10:22:55 am »
Morning!

There's honestly both greater high thank last minute winner away to a big rival is there?!

Decent effort at Sabu Pundit but not there yet!   ;)
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #793 on: December 20, 2016, 10:41:43 am »
Koeman is just clueless. Talking about how Barkley's tackle may be a red and he needs to look at it again, but how Lovren's reaction is definitely a red...    I get that he needs to stand up for his players but sometimes the evidence is so overwhelming that the best thing you can do is belt up.

He's just coming off as a bitter idiot.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #794 on: December 20, 2016, 10:44:00 am »
A perfect compliment to their fans then!  ;D
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #795 on: December 20, 2016, 10:47:44 am »
Fucking get in!!

Bobby was fucked and needs a rest though IMO think he should be benched against Stoke. We are really thin on the bench though and who we can bring in on the wing, we'd be gambling on Ojo or Woodburn basically?   

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: December 20, 2016, 10:48:47 am »
What's this 21 years banner I've heard so much about?  ;D

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #797 on: December 20, 2016, 10:51:16 am »
The joy of this win is gonna last a while. Bravo to everyone.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:32 am »
Koeman is just clueless. Talking about how Barkley's tackle may be a red and he needs to look at it again, but how Lovren's reaction is definitely a red...    I get that he needs to stand up for his players but sometimes the evidence is so overwhelming that the best thing you can do is belt up.

It's telling that he keeps talking about it. It's all they've got. Over 90 minutes of football and the only thing he can come up with by way of an excuse is that he thought the ref was lenient on one of our players seconds after being incredibly lenient on one of theirs. 

He can't bemoan a world class keeping performance because Mignolet had no saves to make, he can't bemoan missed chances because they didn't create any, he can't complain about fouls in/around the box not being given because they rarely ventured that far after the first 20 minutes. He's not allowed to say we played well, or that they are shite because the fans already have it in for him.  In the event of a defeat he was always going to focus on a refereeing decision, it's just unfortunate for him that Dean did okay for once and if anything gave them more than us.