Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336709 times)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1440 on: November 3, 2016, 11:42:11 am »
Was so happy to see him playing again and now this!  :( All the best Danny boy

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1441 on: November 3, 2016, 11:45:06 am »
If it's bad enough to require surgery, it won't heal on its own. A bucket handle tear, for example, is a tear across nearly the entire length of the meniscus. It's a c-shaped piece of tissue, and the inner half of the meniscus can flip into the joint. A bucket handle tear will never heal in its own, and will need to be either trimmed or sewn back together.

The kind of damage you're talking about is basically frayed edges. Every athlete, at any level, is going to sustain cartilage damage over time. Most will never see a doctor about it or anything. They'll never need to.
It's not a matter of "bad enough". I had the option to elect surgery for example.  It's more a matter of whether the cartilage gets enough blood flow to heal itself (based on its location), and also how long you can give it to do so.

But I'm just going off what my doctors told me. Don't know beyond that.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1442 on: November 4, 2016, 01:34:35 am »
Eh, bollocks. He would've had some role to play from now until the end of the season I'm sure of that. He was just coming back now too, he must be absolutely gutted and I feel for him. Unfortunately I think his time with us is up now.  :(

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: November 4, 2016, 05:02:17 am »
Absolutely sickening news but he will be back because he has the right mentality to get through this. See you next season Danny, stay strong lad.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: November 4, 2016, 08:28:53 am »
did that shithouse tackle by Harry Winks have anything to do with this?

Was going to ask the same. Klopp mentioned something about him doing it while trying to win the ball back.
Football is a lie

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #1445 on: November 4, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »
Gutted for ings. What terrible luck. Lets hope he is back next season to help us.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1446 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:47 pm »
Would kill to have this guy available right now as an option for the coming weeks.

Tonights bench shows how stretched we actually are.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1447 on: December 15, 2016, 02:45:40 am »
Would kill to have this guy available right now as an option for the coming weeks.

Tonights bench shows how stretched we actually are.

We were looking good at the start of the season with four strikers for one position.

Problem is, two of those strikers are quite injury prone and another is the first drop for LW.

After those, we're right into the youth players.

I think we will take a punt on Ings for one more season, because he's willing to sit on the bench, and is a good option off the bench. But we do need him to be available when we need him.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: December 15, 2016, 05:42:40 pm »
We were looking good at the start of the season with four strikers for one position.

Problem is, two of those strikers are quite injury prone and another is the first drop for LW.

After those, we're right into the youth players.

I think we will take a punt on Ings for one more season, because he's willing to sit on the bench, and is a good option off the bench. But we do need him to be available when we need him.
We will be forced to take a punt because who would take him off us after two serious knee injuries?

The thing is he would only make the bench during an injury crisis to our strikers. He didnt even make the bench for one league game this season. When Sturridge leaves in the summer and we buy a striker not injury prone he will struggle to ever make the bench.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1449 on: March 22, 2017, 10:34:42 am »
I saw Hendo went with the team so he seems to be recovering from his foot injury. Then it dawned on me I haven't heard anything about Danny Ings progress. Any of the locals know how Ings recovery is going? Will he be back fit for the start of next season?  :wave

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1450 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:09 am »
I saw Hendo went with the team so he seems to be recovering from his foot injury. Then it dawned on me I haven't heard anything about Danny Ings progress. Any of the locals know how Ings recovery is going? Will he be back fit for the start of next season?  :wave

Think he might be back in light training judging by his Instagram. Could just be old photos though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:38:08 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1451 on: March 22, 2017, 10:40:14 am »
Think he might be back in light training judging by his Instagram. Could just be old photos though.

Thanks for the reply. He will be like a new signing when he returns.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1452 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:16 am »

He'll be a literal new signing for the team we sell him to.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1453 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:48 am »

After two ACL's a big question mark if he will ever be the same.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1454 on: March 22, 2017, 11:33:58 am »
He'll be a literal new signing for the team we sell him to.
Do you know something we don't?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1455 on: March 22, 2017, 01:14:38 pm »
Do you know something we don't?

We all know a player coming off the back of two ACL injuries who was never that good even before them will be sold at the earliest opportunity.

Don't we?

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #1456 on: March 22, 2017, 01:20:56 pm »
We all know a player coming off the back of two ACL injuries who was never that good even before them will be sold at the earliest opportunity.

Don't we?

Hopefully he draws strength from such wonderful 'support'.......

Any chance we could let him come back and have a look at him before we are trying to flog him?
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: March 22, 2017, 01:31:51 pm »
Hopefully he draws strength from such wonderful 'support'.......

Any chance we could let him come back and have a look at him before we are trying to flog him?

I'm sure he's logging off RAWK with tears streaming down his face after reading that comment.

No doubt it'll be incredibly difficult for him to come back and be the same player he was.  Just look at Lucas to see the effects of what 1 ACL tear can do to a player. 

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #1458 on: March 22, 2017, 01:33:56 pm »
I'm sure he's logging off RAWK with tears streaming down his face after reading that comment.

No doubt it'll be incredibly difficult for him to come back and be the same player he was.  Just look at Lucas to see the effects of what 1 ACL tear can do to a player.

Wasn't suggesting he was clearly but thanks for the sarcasm  :wave

Just be reasonable to think we can at least wait for him to come back before we bin him off
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1459 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:13 pm »

Existing thread: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321840.msg13939254#msg13939254
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: March 22, 2017, 01:39:55 pm »

Don't we?
"we all" no.. speak for yourself mate.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1461 on: March 22, 2017, 01:54:30 pm »

We said that last time then he got injured again!!!

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: March 22, 2017, 07:39:05 pm »

Don't we?

Only if he's fit in time to be sold.

It may also depend on what else we do with our forwards over the summer.

Ings is the type of player who should fit well into a Klopp team - whether he's good enough, as you say, is more the issue, especially after the injuries.

However it would have been really useful to have had him on the bench in a lot of games this year. I hope his recovery goes well, and that the club then makes the right decision over the summer.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1463 on: March 22, 2017, 07:52:07 pm »
Good squad player, great work ethic, premier league experience. I dont care how many times hes done his ACL, he deserves a proper chance under Klopp before hes criticized.
Seen us win everything

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1464 on: March 22, 2017, 08:35:24 pm »
We said that last time then he got injured again!!!
And we'll keep saying it. Nothing else you or I could do other than hoping; or if anyone's a poor, lonely, cynical and negative git- they might as well just write him off. They'll obviously say they're being realistic, but it's nobody else's business- being realistic, except the player himself and those close to him.

He doesn't have a history of injury so maybe he'll heal well enough. An ACL is a b*tch but Danny's a tough lad.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:49:47 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1465 on: March 23, 2017, 12:38:15 am »
Good squad player, great work ethic, premier league experience. I dont care how many times hes done his ACL, he deserves a proper chance under Klopp before hes criticized.

"Injury prone" is not a criticism. It's a fact.

He's literally lost around 24 months through FOUR, count'em: FOUR serious knee injuries

He had two serious knee injuries with Burnley, and now has had two with us.

One age 19 in 2011
One age 20 in 2012
One age 23 in 2015
One age 24 in 2016

I don't know if there's been another player in the history of top flight football who's had so many serious knee injuries at the age of 24. 

I mean, sure, he may not ever have another such injury (or maybe going by his pattern so far, he'll now go 2 years without injury until he goes for another 2 year run of injuries). But we would be willfully naive to expect it.

And all this is without taking the perspective that basically, players don't tend to come back stronger after 2 knee operations, let alone 4.

At the time we got him, he was worth a punt. He's obviously turned out to be a nice, if permanently injured lad. Bit like Sturridge, but not nearly as good.

We just can't count on him as one of our striking options. Not when this time last week we were sweating over the possibility of having zero out of four fit strikers ready to play.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1466 on: March 23, 2017, 09:53:24 am »
It's a crying shame because he's exactly the kind of player we could have done with this season, and even more so at exactly the time he got injured. Hard working, hard pressing, can play across the front 3....
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1467 on: March 23, 2017, 10:06:02 am »
It's a crying shame because he's exactly the kind of player we could have done with this season, and even more so at exactly the time he got injured. Hard working, hard pressing, can play across the front 3....

its a pisser alright

he can play up top with someone too. Him and Sturridge were looking good together the Villa game in Rodgers last season.

think ings had scored 3 in 3 prior to his first injury with us.

this season he didnt get much of a look in then got injured, seemed klopp tried to manage it carefully too but no luck
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: March 23, 2017, 11:21:15 am »

Don't we?

No we don't because he's not coming back from an ACL injury this time. It's a meniscus inhury.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:23:01 am by didi shamone »

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1469 on: March 23, 2017, 11:28:20 am »

No we don't because he's not coming back from an ACL injury this time. It's a meniscus inhury.

He's not coming back at all  ;)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1470 on: March 23, 2017, 11:39:15 am »

Why!!!! What have you done with him!!!!! I KNEW you were dodgy!!!!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1471 on: March 23, 2017, 01:15:55 pm »
I don't agree with the lack of quality synopsis by one poster. I always felt Danny Ings was the type of player who was most likely to score if he had enough of the 90 to play a game. I will be welcoming him back regardless. If he isn't as good, well we have to accept that and LFC will assess that im sure.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: March 23, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »

Its a meniscus injury which can range from very minor to extremely serious. .His was obviously pretty serious judging by the time frame.Doubt he'll go anywhere for a good while as he"ll have to prove his fitness before anyone takes a chance. He could have been an important squad player here. Instead he's fighting to save his football career. Hope it works out for him. Either way we need a centre forward.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1473 on: March 23, 2017, 03:53:30 pm »
Its a meniscus injury which can range from very minor to extremely serious. .His was obviously pretty serious judging by the time frame.Doubt he'll go anywhere for a good while as he"ll have to prove his fitness before anyone takes a chance. He could have been an important squad player here. Instead he's fighting to save his football career. Hope it works out for him. Either way we need a centre forward.
horrible for him

wasnt there rumours though that Klopp turned down an offer to sell him last summer?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »
horrible for him

wasnt there rumours though that Klopp turned down an offer to sell him last summer?

There were rumours but nothing concrete.  Lot's of clubs would want him if fit. Unfortunately the curse of the Daniels is on him.
He's a workhorse upfront who scores a good share of goals. I think Klopp would enjoy having him available. Hope his career takes off here or somewhere else. Good pros like him really dont deserve to be crocked.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1475 on: March 24, 2017, 08:37:52 am »
From a managerial pov we should plan for life without him but retain his services. That way if he comes good it's a bonus rather than something we're reliant on.

Great lad and I hope he's able to recover, push on and score a fuck ton for us 8)

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1476 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:26 am »
I think he'll be gone as soon as someone will take him. He's not good enough.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: March 24, 2017, 09:35:46 am »
He's not good enough.
I don't share that opinion. I appreciate the sample size is small but his attacking stats from last year are better than Bobby's this year!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1478 on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:00 am »
I don't share that opinion. I appreciate the sample size is small but his attacking stats from last year are better than Bobby's this year!

Sample that small doesn't tell us anything.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: March 24, 2017, 09:59:32 am »
Sample that small doesn't tell us anything.
It might not be statistically valid but it certainly tells us something.

To roundly write off a player who's a current long term absentee through injury is frankly a bit shit.