Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 148240 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1640 on: January 9, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »
Loved seeing the little rat getting a kick.
It's not even a guilty pleasure. Just a pleasure. One of Ryan's better moments today.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1641 on: January 9, 2011, 08:01:12 pm »
It's not even a guilty pleasure. Just a pleasure. One of Ryan's better moments today.

Forgot all about that.
Good Lad.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1642 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:45 pm »
One decision. Did you start watching football today??

Can you also show me where I have said he is guilty please. You've got all night if you want.

And I didn't say you said he was guilty did I, show me where I said that. In fact it wasn't even you I referred to with that remark, it was smicer07 but you seem intent on maintaining the illusion of possible bribes and I'm saying that's a pretty piss weak position to take. Of course we can never be 100% sure he's not taking bribes, but that doesn't make it ok to go on about it or use it as an excuse as to why we lost.
And quite clearly I was talking about todays game anyway, the one mistake being the peno which I made clear earlier but fair enough, run away with it if you like. Numerous decisions make him a bad ref not necessarily a corrupt one.

Offline Dreamer011

• Main Stander
« Reply #1643 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »
Get in Ryan! A better display, followed by a blinder of a tweet. Think Kenny will get a lot more out of him for the rest of the season; more pace and power would be a welcome addition. Nice one for today though (despite the loss to Webb)..
YNWA

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: January 9, 2011, 08:09:50 pm »
I'm basing my opinion on Webb's performances over the last 5 or so years, not just today. Feel free to disagree, I may be wrong, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that one man can consistently be given the same fixture every season, balls it up almost every time, and still be retained.

Except he doesn't just balls up in that fixture does he? He fucks up regularly, so are you now suggesting he whored himself the Dutch as well before the World cup final? Come on man, he's shite fair enough and who knows maybe 10 years down the line some shite red top will run a sting and catch him out taking bribes. In the meantime it looks piss weak, especially when the red card was a definite stone wall red, that's not Webb's fault, it's Stevie's.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1645 on: January 9, 2011, 08:10:41 pm »
If Howard Webb was a cake he'd eat himself. He'll be bloody delighted with the controversy over his decision being increased by the fuss around Babel. I doubt that he actually corrupt, but I'm sure he's 'influenced'; the man is an egotistical narcissistic wanker, and loves this kind of attention, or maybe the attention and hospitality of some high level managers and players. In any case, he's a fucking shite referee.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #1646 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:15 pm »
Ryan does show some passion

Fucking FA
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »
If Howard Webb was a cake he'd eat himself. He'll be bloody delighted with the controversy over his decision being increased by the fuss around Babel. I doubt that he actually corrupt, but I'm sure he's 'influenced'; the man is an egotistical narcissistic wanker, and loves this kind of attention, or maybe the attention and hospitality of some high level managers and players. In any case, he's a fucking shite referee.

He's fucking muck but that's a different matter.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: January 9, 2011, 08:12:27 pm »
Was a bit silly to post that pic I guess but fuck it - well in Ryan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »
Any gifs of the tackle on Owen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:24 pm »
Was a bit silly to post that pic I guess but fuck it - well in Ryan.

He can't be done for having a personal opinion though can he?

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »
Well in Ryan, had an immediate impact today when he came on, too bad we were reduced to 10 men.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1652 on: January 9, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »
On the football side he looked quite sharp today and we soon got on the front foot when he came on, from a twitter point of view he's a fuckin idiot.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: January 9, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »
Quick question- Is that picture of Webb in a Man Utd shirt taken from the Art Vandelay thread or was it from somewhere else?
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1654 on: January 9, 2011, 08:20:47 pm »
I'd be absolutely astonished if Webb is or ever has taken a real actual bribe. But I do think Sky tends to hype decisions in Utd games more than they do for other clubs, I think they give Fungus' moans plenty of sympathetic air time, I do think that a ref's life is made much easier if he makes sure he's a lot MORE 'sure' when giving opposition fouls, cards etc than he needs to be when giving them to Utd. Indeed several ex refs have come out and said exactly that, that if you get a decision wrong against Utd there are consequences, so you make yourself a lot more 'sure' next time. The same will likely apply in terms of the FA picking refs for Utd fixtures.

Wasn't it Kafka who said something along the lines of 'the most dangerous censor is the one in our own head'? It's a similar mechanic to what happens in football, and it happens in the rest of the media too. It would be staggeringly naive to think that football isn't subject to the same kinds of pressures as other areas of the media, the same kind of commercial imperatives, and those biases favour Utd in football for similar reasons that they favour US/UK interests in the media...largely because it's safe and it pays.

PS

Well in Babel.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline benny

• Anny Roader
  • the road end united will never be defeated
« Reply #1655 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:00 pm »
just come out an say sorry Babel,for fucks sake Walcott dives in a game to try an win a pen,says sorry an its ok ,babel puts a joke picture up on twitter the FA are looking into it,fuck off you two faced twats.

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »
Quick question- Is that picture of Webb in a Man Utd shirt taken from the Art Vandelay thread or was it from somewhere else?

I posted it in the Art thread earlier today. I just googled 'Howard Webb' and looked at the image results and it was on the first page.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #1657 on: January 9, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »
The FA can't wait to get their cocks out over this. Shame they don't show as much conviction regarding more important issues.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: January 9, 2011, 08:39:13 pm »

Don't know what the FA will do but the first I heard of it was on the radio - it just means unneccesary attention on him.

Purely as a Liverpool fan though, I'm glad he did it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1659 on: January 9, 2011, 08:42:01 pm »

I would hope not; Howard Webb gave his personal opinion in the first minute and he made an error of judgement too. If Ryan cops a fine, so should Webb. ;)

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1660 on: January 9, 2011, 08:50:17 pm »
He did fairly well today but the point is that the postion on the left flank is up for grabs, and he should be given a run out. Based on past season performances, he hasn't taken his chances well to show us consistently what he is capable of. Hopefully with King Kenny in charge he will be a rejuvenated player.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: January 9, 2011, 08:51:27 pm »
He did fairly well today but the point is that the postion on the left flank is up for grabs, and he should be given a run out. Based on past season performances, he hasn't taken his chances well to show us consistently what he is capable of. Hopefully with King Kenny in charge he will be a rejuvenated player.

Ah yeh sure give him another chance, it's only been what 3 and half years. Maybe by 2016 he'll be the player we all hoped he would be.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1662 on: January 9, 2011, 08:51:50 pm »
I'm basing my opinion on Webb's performances over the last 5 or so years, not just today. Feel free to disagree, I may be wrong, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that one man can consistently be given the same fixture every season, balls it up almost every time, and still be retained.

Sums it up.

2 huge decisions got 1 right 1 wrong. Shit angle for the pen and proved it by giving a terrible decsion. Players reaction should have made himn ak the lino.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1663 on: January 9, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »
And I didn't say you said he was guilty did I, show me where I said that. In fact it wasn't even you I referred to with that remark, it was smicer07

It was in response to me, with my post quoted and the insinuation was pretty clear (in my opinion).

Fair enough though if you didn't mean me.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: January 9, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »
Ah yeh sure give him another chance, it's only been what 3 and half years. Maybe by 2016 he'll be the player we all hoped he would be.

I think he's got the potential to be world class. One of the best in the game. Maybe even one day as good as Quaresma.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: January 9, 2011, 08:54:17 pm »
I think playing on the left highlights Babel's weaknesses (inconsistent touch, poor decision making, running into blind alleys) and negates his major strength - pace. Being very one footed means he's always using his right foot, cutting inside to be crowded out by FB, CB and a CM. It's the one position he has been given plenty of chances in; and it doesn't work.

Give him a few games on the right and let him use his pace on the outside.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline lea7kewell

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1666 on: January 9, 2011, 08:54:57 pm »
The FA can't wait to get their cocks out over this. Shame they don't show as much conviction regarding more important issues.

This.
Going to waste time and money by giving a lad a slap on the wrist for a joke picture of a referee in a Man United top.
Come on, it's not as if he posted a picture of Webb surrounded by United players and getting jizzed on by all of them and then rubbing it into his bald head, is it?
There are places I remember - All my life, though some have changed - Some forever, not for better - Some have gone and some remain ...

Offline Supernatural

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1667 on: January 9, 2011, 08:55:05 pm »
Thank you Ryan!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: January 9, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
Sums it up.

2 huge decisions got 1 right 1 wrong. Shit angle for the pen and proved it by giving a terrible decsion. Players reaction should have made himn ak the lino.
Not unlike the pen he gave them v Spurs 2 years ago when they were 2-0 down and the keeper knocked the ball away clear as a bell.

Massive impact on the title race in 08/09 or the blatant red card/pen in the same season when Rafael dragged Pedersen down at the same ground.

He is bent.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1669 on: January 9, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »
spot on Ryan! bout time someone highlighted the fact webb is a cheating manc loving twat!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1670 on: January 9, 2011, 08:58:59 pm »

He's hardly been a starter. Off the bench he has done well. My point is that nobody ahead of him is playing well enough to keep him out of the side.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1671 on: January 9, 2011, 09:01:04 pm »
This.
Going to waste time and money by giving a lad a slap on the wrist for a joke picture of a referee in a Man United top.
Come on, it's not as if he posted a picture of Webb surrounded by United players and getting jizzed on by all of them and then rubbing it into his bald head, is it?

;D

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: January 9, 2011, 09:06:40 pm »
This.

;D ;D

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: January 9, 2011, 09:09:17 pm »
Give him a few games on the right and let him use his pace on the outside.

So he can whip those crosses in to a box with none of our players in it?
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: January 9, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »
He's got the heart and the ability but he is too inconsistent.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: January 9, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »
It was in response to me, with my post quoted and the insinuation was pretty clear (in my opinion).

Fair enough though if you didn't mean me.

Your post was quoted but you'll find I referred specifically to Smicer07 (even typed his name) in regards to the bribe remark.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: January 9, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
He's got the heart and the ability but he is too inconsistent.

Again how anyone can assume he's got either of those attributes based on the last 3 and half years is beyond me.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: January 9, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »
So he can whip those crosses in to a box with none of our players in it?

No reason why there couldn't be 3 or 4 players in the box - even under Hodgson, we were getting players forward (just doing fuck all with the ball). But Babel on the right wouldn't only be able to cross it - he can get round the full back and cross, or cut in, or cut the ball back, or run at the defence on the angle towards goal. On the left, all he can do is cut inside - and he's spent 3 years showing us he can't do it.

Note, I'm not saying he'll succeed - he may still be a waste of space. But anyone asking for him to be played on the left must be trying to prove Einstein's theory of insanity.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 09:26:18 pm by redmark »
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #1678 on: January 9, 2011, 09:43:23 pm »
If they were Engalnd would have got the World Cup.
No mate, They're shit & corrupt. They're so behind the times, they probably bribe in old money (like shillings or guineas) ;)
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #1679 on: January 9, 2011, 09:48:28 pm »
A fully deserved red card you mean. Two feet, off the ground, studs up and he played the man not the ball. That's a red card nothing else. If people are going to hammer Webb over the penalty at least maintain a bit of integrity over the other decision.
Im confused, Gerrard was'nt sliding in his direction was he? and I thought he did make contact with the ball? The other player was also sliding uncontrolled? I Need another look with beer goggles off.   
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.