Author Topic: Spyin' Kop Basel v Liverpool  (Read 2289 times)

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
Spyin' Kop Basel v Liverpool
« on: October 1, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »
See the results. Not the widest quantity of answers, still a decent return by a very hospitable fanbase.

My questions:

Jedenfalls, morgen werde ich die Antwörte in Englisch übersetzen und eine Link zum Artikel posten. Viel Glück morgen!

1. How did you react to your CL group draw, happy or not to play Real Madrid and Liverpool?

2. What can you tell us, newbies concerning Swiss football, about your team?

3. What are your opinions on your manager Paulo Sousa?

4. Do you know how you manager these good results in Europe? We'd like to thank you for dumping out Man Utd in 2011!

5. What is the way to go to reach the EL semi's and CL R16 in a small country?

6. The 3-3 draw in 2002 is listed on your website as your 'finest hour'. Any stories to tell about that night?

7. You currently don't top the Swiss league. Will you win it again?

8. Which XI do you think will start?

9. The first CL game didn't go to plan, do you still believe in qualification?

10. Would you have a favourite side in English football? Which one, and why?

11. What do you make of Liverpool?

12. We still remember Philipp Degen, though not for the right reasons. What do you make of him?

13. Maybe a bit late, but what should Reds definitely do when in Basel?

14. Finally, score predictions?

Answers here. Everyone even has the good grace to answer in English!

http://www.fcbforum.ch/forum/showthread.php?36094-Spyin-Kop
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spyin' Kop Basel v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »
Thanks for sharing

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2014, 02:18:17 pm »
Quote from: Chrisixx
Oh you're gonna have a field day with question 3, the community is so heavily split on that topic. I myself like Sousa, even though he uses the word "process" far too often.

I'll try to answer all of them.

1. Happy, finally we were drawn with Real Madrid, most fans have been waiting for this for ages. Obviously they are the most difficult draw in this years Champions League and they've displayed their class against us two weeks ago quite impressively. I would have rather had Ajax from Pot 3 but I'm fine with Liverpool, on a good day we can get a result against them, in the end I see the goal of most Champions League campaigns to be rank 3, and the qualification for the Europa League, we've got greater chances to win something there anyway.

2. A good youth academy and scouting players from regions bigger leagues generally don't scout players from, such as Egypt with Salah or Paraguay with Gonzalez (even though he previously played a season for the Youth teams of Benfica). We also sign good players from our league if they seem to offer an improvement to our squad, such as Gashi from Grasshoppers Zurich this year. The squad depth is greater than last year, but Sousa is still trying to figure out a well balanced first 11, though it has been getting better in the past two games and he himself said that there won't be any surprises for tomorrow. Even though we lost Sommer and Stocker last year, I think they've been adequately replaced with Vaclik and Gashi, Gonzalez and Kakitani. A very important players in the midfield will be Serey Die, insane fighter, and up front Streller who should create a lot of danger during corners due to his hight.

4. They seem to often underestimate them, or their place style just suits us very well. You're welcome, just watch out the same doesn't happen to you (again).

5. some draw luck, and playing well against English teams mostly. We still have a lot of problems with Spanish and German teams, that mostly being the reason why we didn't make it into the last 16 of the Champions League last year or the last 4 of the Europa League again after dropping out of the Champions League.

6. I was 9ish, it was the first late night game I was allowed to watch all off, so I have some fond memories of it. Sadly my father wasn't able to buy tickets for the Champions League back than because they sold out so quickly.

7. It's really not much of a "believing" in it, we HAVE to win the Championship, if we wouldn't win it, I first of all would be very surprised and secondly would be very disappointed. Mostly because our squad is just better than the other squads in the league. Also we started well into the league, what we usually don't do, so that might be a good omen?

8. Vaclik; Xhaka, Schär, Suchy, Safari; Serey Die, Elneny; Gonzalez, Delgado, Gashi; Streller. --> 4-2-3-1

9. If we beat you tomorrow, I can see us advancing to the last 16. Personally I think very few of the fans and probably none of the team were counting on points against Real so they don't really matter.

10. Southampton. I always love a good "come back" story, and I'm impressed by how well they coped with losing half their team, mostly to you guys.

11. Don't mind them all to much, would have preferred you wining the League instead of Man City or Chelsea (for somewhat obvious reasons).

12. If he's fit, he's a fantastic defender, sadly he's injured far too often. I wish we could have him in our team for tomorrow. With luck he will be on the bench though, so that's something.

13. Have a look at the city, have a drink with the locals. On your forum I read that in the opening posts that the guy saw Basel as only being a industrial city, there is much more to our city than the industry.

14. 2-1 Basel.

I hope this was helpful to you. Enjoy the game!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2014, 02:34:48 pm »
Good work Dutchy!