Author Topic: Just what is going wrong at Liverpool?  (Read 67159 times)

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just what is going wrong at Liverpool?
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 03:24:25 pm »
So out of all the players we bought, bearing in mind that Brendan said he was only wanting players "That slot straight in" you think we have done well ?

I don't need anymore games to see that something is broken. Do we honestly think that the pieces that don't work are going suddenly all come together ?

It won't be long before a Journalist uses the quotes Brendan uttered last season regarding Spurs, I'm intrigued as to what his answer will be.

We're relying on Daniel Sturridge to come in and make everything right in the world again, I've seen people use his return to justify persisting with the same defence, and MF, because once we have him back everything will work again. That young man has the weight of Merseyside on his shoulders. We are relying on an injury prone striker to save our season.

Honestly, it's laughable.

You're right. Let's sack BR, sell all the summer buys and try a new lot of players for another 12 games and see if that works. If not, rinse and repeat.

I mean if we can't sort out a load of new players in 12 games it will never work!   :-\

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2014, 03:27:24 pm »
You're right. Let's sack BR, sell all the summer buys and try a new lot of players for another 12 games and see if that works. If not, rinse and repeat.

Twelve games? That's a pipe dream, mate. You get eleven and not a game more  ;)
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
to be honest....the World Cup and integrating new players isn't just a Liverpool problem, i'd say that is why even City, Arsenal, Spurs, and United are struggling as well. And by struggling , it's relative like in City's case.

And I can just imagine if we went with last seasons squad and only bought two "class" players. Right about now there'd be rants about we had all this money to spend and didn't upgrade the squad. we're playing Aspas, Alberto, Ibe, Suso, and they'll never be good enough.

There's always something to whinge about.. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »

I mean if we can't sort out a load of new players in 12 games it will never work!   :-\

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the players we've bought. None.

So let's get that out of the way first.

I do however have a problem with the 'management'. I'm not sure just who is to blame, but someone is telling lies, and feeding us with spin.

When a manager tells me that he's buying players that "slot straight in" and that he'd rather have "1 or 2 real quality players that help now, as opposed to 6 or 7 that won't" and we end up with the scenario we have now then the alarm bells start to ring.

If we are buying decent potential, then tell us that's what we're doing. Don't lie to us, most of us aren't morons.

"Mario will categorically not be here". That suggests that it doesn't matter how much he costs, we won't be having him. If we wanted him but he was too expensive then the words "I doubt it" would have been more apt.

Of all the players we bought only 1 has taken a first team spot, and it's hardly a big leap in quality that was needed to achieve that anyway. And that's not a dig at Moreno, more a nod towards the lack of genuine opposition for the jersey.

Then when it falls apart we're told we can't actually get the top players because we struggle getting them to Merseyside.

There seems to be a problem from the 'tracksuits' up. There are barefaced lies being told. Who's telling them, I don't know.

I'm lucky, I've been in the stadiums and seen us lift European cups, League titles, FA cups etc, so I can empathise with those that haven't, and the frustration they must feel. But the bullshit that comes out of Anfield lately is bordering on intolerable.

If FSG want us to follow the Arsenal model of buying potential and getting Brendan to use his Juju on them to make them better players, fair enough, I've no problem whatsoever with that, as long as they aren't putting pressure on Brendan for top 4 in the current climate.

But when our manager tells us one thing, and it appears we are doing another, then the manager is trotting out excuses to explain our shortcomings it just looks on face value that there could well be a difference of opinion, and quite a severe one.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »
L666Kop is spot on here. There are misleading at best statements and actions occurring with disturbing regularity. The most recent is IMO very worrying, i.e. the team choice vs Real Madrid away, followed by the selection vs Chelsea, sending out mixed signals to the fans and more importantly the squad.

It seems to be excuse after excuse this season with little of any improvement. I for one will be extremely surprised if the return of Sturidge makes a big difference.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 04:20:54 pm »
It won't be long before a Journalist uses the quotes Brendan uttered last season regarding Spurs, I'm intrigued as to what his answer will be.

I actually can't remember what was said. Any chance you could remind me?
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27162437
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:33:39 pm by L666KOP »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:51 pm »

"I can tell from our perspective here that the players and the group are very relaxed, but focused," Rodgers said. "There's no expectation on us being where we are, so there's certainly no pressure on us.

"Tottenham were a team maybe looking to challenge for the league this season. They spent £100-odd million on a group that was set up to challenge. But there's no pressure on us. We've shown that over the course of the season."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/295345.html
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »
to be honest....the World Cup and integrating new players isn't just a Liverpool problem, i'd say that is why even City, Arsenal, Spurs, and United are struggling as well. And by struggling , it's relative like in City's case.

And I can just imagine if we went with last seasons squad and only bought two "class" players. Right about now there'd be rants about we had all this money to spend and didn't upgrade the squad. we're playing Aspas, Alberto, Ibe, Suso, and they'll never be good enough.

There's always something to whinge about.. ;)
quite...dont understand the lack of perspective on here,as ive posted before,we were well ahead of expectations last season,it was always going to be that much harder this year.without suarez and sturridge we are like a eunuch at an orgy...no penetration!!

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

I do however have a problem with the 'management'. I'm not sure just who is to blame, but someone is telling lies, and feeding us with spin.

When a manager tells me that he's buying players that "slot straight in" and that he'd rather have "1 or 2 real quality players that help now, as opposed to 6 or 7 that won't" and we end up with the scenario we have now then the alarm bells start to ring.

If we are buying decent potential, then tell us that's what we're doing. Don't lie to us, most of us aren't morons.

"Mario will categorically not be here". That suggests that it doesn't matter how much he costs, we won't be having him. If we wanted him but he was too expensive then the words "I doubt it" would have been more apt.

Of all the players we bought only 1 has taken a first team spot, and it's hardly a big leap in quality that was needed to achieve that anyway. And that's not a dig at Moreno, more a nod towards the lack of genuine opposition for the jersey.

Then when it falls apart we're told we can't actually get the top players because we struggle getting them to Merseyside.

There seems to be a problem from the 'tracksuits' up. There are barefaced lies being told. Who's telling them, I don't know.

I'm lucky, I've been in the stadiums and seen us lift European cups, League titles, FA cups etc, so I can empathise with those that haven't, and the frustration they must feel. But the bullshit that comes out of Anfield lately is bordering on intolerable.

If FSG want us to follow the Arsenal model of buying potential and getting Brendan to use his Juju on them to make them better players, fair enough, I've no problem whatsoever with that, as long as they aren't putting pressure on Brendan for top 4 in the current climate.

But when our manager tells us one thing, and it appears we are doing another, then the manager is trotting out excuses to explain our shortcomings it just looks on face value that there could well be a difference of opinion, and quite a severe one.
you have  a point but i dont think its a case of the club telling us porkies.lallana and lovren were bought to go straight into team and obviously they havent set the place alight-yet!!the others are talented but hardly first teamers just yet.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »
L666Kop is spot on here. There are misleading at best statements and actions occurring with disturbing regularity. The most recent is IMO very worrying, i.e. the team choice vs Real Madrid away, followed by the selection vs Chelsea, sending out mixed signals to the fans and more importantly the squad.

It seems to be excuse after excuse this season with little of any improvement. I for one will be extremely surprised if the return of Sturidge makes a big difference.
are you serious?your questioning brendans management in madrid game and chelsea and how it sends out mixed signals!!!im sorry but does brendan have to come on here and get the forum to pick the team?hes more than qualified to do his job so please if you think you can do a better job the send in your cv.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 04:49:14 pm »
"I can tell from our perspective here that the players and the group are very relaxed, but focused," Rodgers said. "There's no expectation on us being where we are, so there's certainly no pressure on us.

"Tottenham were a team maybe looking to challenge for the league this season. They spent £100-odd million on a group that was set up to challenge. But there's no pressure on us. We've shown that over the course of the season."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/295345.html

Thanks
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »
are you serious?your questioning brendans management in madrid game and chelsea and how it sends out mixed signals!!!im sorry but does brendan have to come on here and get the forum to pick the team?hes more than qualified to do his job so please if you think you can do a better job the send in your cv.

Of course I'm serious. I was impressed and pleased with the team for Madrid, after the no-show at Newcastle he needed to freshen things up and give some players "a kick up the arse". The team chosen for the Madrid game play well together and look a lot more in tune and up for it than the rabble that barely tried vs Newcastle. So what does he do? He makes 7 (IIRC) changes for Chelsea putting the under performers back in the team and dropping those who had good games vs Madrid. So, based on his supposed meritocracy, what does this say to those who were dropped after Madrid? What does it say to those who hardly tried vs Newcastle? What does it say re his attitude for the Madrid game? 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 04:53:38 pm »

Jesus..

Is there some website where one can get every quote Rodgers has said and bring them up at a later date to use against him.

There's no perspective, no relativity, just absolutes..this was said, now let's hang him.

When Rodgers mentioned buying 1 or 2 top class players, the context was that this player or players would integrate into an established side that featured Suarez and Sturridge. Get a player or two with our class strikers who could take us further. We also had just bought Lambert as plan C for late in the match when we were struggling to break teams down.

Then Suarez gets hungry again at the World Cup. FSG decide to sell and Rodgers, along with the transfer committee, have to reevaluate the team structure and implement a new plan. That plan being, there isn't a like for like replacement of Suarez, so what do we do now. The prudent thing to do would be to reorganize and make Sturridge as your featured striker. Build the squad up. In needing to build the squad up, that meant bring in a number of players. ones who could settle in straight away and others you'd bring along a bit more slowly.

Rodgers could not have imagined in his wildest dreams that existing players would suffer either a major let down as to coming close to the title or World Cup hang over or whatever ails them into mediocre performances.

The Balotelli quote is a red herring. He said that when Sanchez was still, in our minds, a very real possibility. We were out bidding Arsenal with Barcelona and they were sending us positive vibes. That deal fell through. The committee looked at who was left that we could get and a deal was struck. i suppose we could have stuck with Borini, never entertained Mario, and then people would whinge why didn't we sign a decent striker. And i'd lmao that inevitably people would claim Mario was available why didn't we get him.

So let's roll and hang Rodgers out for any quote that suits us.

Let's get an agenda going against Rodgers. Starting on forums and in pubs, let the Blue nose taxi drivers help spread it. Let the players and club officials in on it. Let them question things. Get the media going as well, as they don't need much help when it comes to piling on the negative. Let's turn players against each other and hound out our manager. It was done with Rafa, let's make Rodgers next.

L666KOP, this isn't a rant against you directly....just getting tired of reading like posts about what Rodgers has said. So i'm getting my 3p in... :wave

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 04:57:44 pm »
if we had awards for nitpicking and microanalysis some of you would get gold stars, frankly i dont give a shite what Brendan said last season about Spurs, but feel free to use it as another fucking stick to beat him with, i reckon he would get better support in the redcafe than some of you armchair warriors in here.

We are in bloody November the season has hardly started, personally i don't care how much we spent, we could afford the odd young gamble, a bit like we could afford Suarez gamble i mean buying a dodgy character who had already bit someone in Holland and had a hefty ban  from the Torres money.

Seems to me some of you will support the manager only if he guarantees you 3 points if not well fuck him he is on his own in here.

Every one of those summer buys has the potential to be brilliant some short term but most given their ages long term, now if you cant see that well your loss just do what you do best whinge and moan after all thats much easier than supporting the manager and club when things get tough.

We get people remembering like me that we paid good money for players and never saw them but now the  same people want the likes of Markovic to come here and be a first team player from the day he joined us, or he must be  a waste of money and total shite,  thats not reasonable, it's not logical  and for the poor lad in question it is a pretty shite attitude to have.

Right said what i needed to say , feel free to get on with showing us how wonderfully patient and intelligent our fanbase is !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:59:26 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 04:59:21 pm »
Of course I'm serious. I was impressed and pleased with the team for Madrid, after the no-show at Newcastle he needed to freshen things up and give some players "a kick up the arse". The team chosen for the Madrid game play well together and look a lot more in tune and up for it than the rabble that barely tried vs Newcastle. So what does he do? He makes 7 (IIRC) changes for Chelsea putting the under performers back in the team and dropping those who had good games vs Madrid. So, based on his supposed meritocracy, what does this say to those who were dropped after Madrid? What does it say to those who hardly tried vs Newcastle? What does it say re his attitude for the Madrid game?
again,i agree with what you said but not all of it,you or me cant second guess brendan and what he does or says in training and in team meetings,maybe he always planned to use the players he did vrs madrid,i agree that some of the starters against chelsea should nt have started but again,im not the manager,i dont see the players every day so cant say whos doing well and who isnt.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
you have  a point but i dont think its a case of the club telling us porkies.lallana and lovren were bought to go straight into team and obviously they havent set the place alight-yet!!the others are talented but hardly first teamers just yet.

I'd say Moreno, Lallana, and Lovren were the three bought for now.

Can, and Markovic are potential, but good enough to contribute now at a certain level.

Moreno has walked straight in.

Lallana gets little gametime given what he cost, surely 25m was not for a squad player.

Lovren has quite frankly been rubbish. Now given he's a full international, and had a very good season at Soton, that is quite worrying, moreso when Brendan heralded him as a 'leader' that we desperately needed. A quick search on google tells you that Fonte was the leader. He was being brought in to play RCB, we assumed alongside Sakho, however he's disappeared and Skrtel is back in meaning Lovren swaps back to the right ?

Can looks good for 15=20 games, but Lazar is a season away from contributing. That much is plain to see.

It just all feels badly scouted, and extremely disjointed. Add in the fact that Gerrard is 1 st name and the entire MF has to fit around him no matter what it's just a shame that the momentum we built last season seems to have come crashing to a halt.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2014, 05:03:27 pm »
@ 4pool.

I'm not ranting at Brendan, I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a contradiction somewhere. In fact the jist of my post is aimed at protecting him.
 ;)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2014, 05:06:44 pm »
@ 4pool.

I'm not ranting at Brendan, I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a contradiction somewhere. In fact the jist of my post is aimed at protecting him.
 ;)

Yeah, I saw you weren't having a go at the players he bought.

But you were questioning the validity of a few statements...lies or spin... :P

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »
Yeah, I saw you weren't having a go at the players he bought.

But you were questioning the validity of a few statements...lies or spin... :P

Absolutely.

But only because they're so contradictory.

:)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2014, 05:12:37 pm »
I'd say Moreno, Lallana, and Lovren were the three bought for now.

Can, and Markovic are potential, but good enough to contribute now at a certain level.

Moreno has walked straight in.

Lallana gets little gametime given what he cost, surely 25m was not for a squad player.

Lovren has quite frankly been rubbish. Now given he's a full international, and had a very good season at Soton, that is quite worrying, moreso when Brendan heralded him as a 'leader' that we desperately needed. A quick search on google tells you that Fonte was the leader. He was being brought in to play RCB, we assumed alongside Sakho, however he's disappeared and Skrtel is back in meaning Lovren swaps back to the right ?

Can looks good for 15=20 games, but Lazar is a season away from contributing. That much is plain to see.

It just all feels badly scouted, and extremely disjointed. Add in the fact that Gerrard is 1 st name and the entire MF has to fit around him no matter what it's just a shame that the momentum we built last season seems to have come crashing to a halt.

Lovren would be a worry if he had in fact been shit in every minute of every game but if you want him to be shit you will surely find a way of proving he is.

Lallana and Can are looking to operate in a midfield without Stevie i reckon as one player will not replace but put those two together might you have Stevie box to box dynamism with Can and his skillful passing and neat touches with Lallana, now If people realise Markovic needs a season why not assess his performances that way  !

Mario will come good or go frankly he came in for around the Borini fee so a gamble worth taking, the WB's no problem and Lambert plan B while Suarez was still here

So given all that which signing is really bad  as in should never be allowed in the team ever again, i can't see one myself but i do see a lot of supporters who said in the summer its going to be a rough ride without Suarez and bedding in the new players now wanting to jump ship with the rats perhaps.

Empty words in the end when the going got tough they fucked off !

Anyway time i fucked off as well and watched my Monty Python live DVD ! :wave

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:16:05 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2014, 05:17:44 pm »
Disappointed in this thread, to be honest.  I'm concerned there's more going on 'behind the scenes' that would be discussed here. 

I suspect there's some discord at the 'board' level regarding the transfer in/outs and its impacting Brendan's team selection.  I don't think we can just blame the Suarez departure for all  our ills. I'm also wondering if FSG are ready to 'flip' the club now that the ground issue is resolved.

I apologize in advance if I'm straying into rumour & conjecture. Remove this post, mods, if I'm crossing a line.

Victorious and glorious....

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »
Absolutely.

But only because they're so contradictory.

And all you have to back that up is evidence and regular plain logic. You have some gall, mate!  :wave
Ludi Circenses!

Offline indikopite

• Boys Pen
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 05:32:09 pm »
The last transfer window was clearly about building the squad, and adding strength in depth. This has been done successfully, IMO.

Now the time is right to buy 2 world class talents - 1) A proven goalscorer with attributes similar to sturridge/suarez 2) A long term replacement for the legendary steven gerrard with a proven track record and world class ability.

I think where Brendan went wrong was in overestimating the ability to of some of our players from last year to keep improving and take their game to the next level. IMO, players like henderson and coutinho have been disappointing in the sense that they haven't upped their game. Henderson is 24 years old. Rodgers would have expected him to grow in stature. Start banging in goals. Dominating the field. Making crucial and decisive contributions. If you want to know what I'm talking about - go look at some of stevie's games from 2004-06.

Let me be clear. I am not saying that these players have not been performing well. What I expect them to do is going on and achieving greatness. It's clearly not happened, and given how these things work, I don't think it will happen for them. And I think in overestimating their ability to improve, rodgers has clearly erred. The only way the situation can be remedied is by bringing in a world class striker, and a world class midfielder like pogba. That would cost us around 70 million pounds, but that money has to be spent, if we are to compete at the top end. We can definitely take a spending cut and reduction in squad size from UEFA as a penalty for violating the FFP after our squad building process is complete.

Lastly, we must not restrict our spending now because of our summer spree, which must be looked at as sunk cost. If we plan to make the best out of that money, we need to spend more money.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »
Lovren would be a worry if he had in fact been shit in every minute of every game but if you want him to be shit you will surely find a way of proving he is.

Lallana and Can are looking to operate in a midfield without Stevie i reckon as one player will not replace but put those two together might you have Stevie box to box dynamism with Can and his skillful passing and neat touches with Lallana, now If people realise Markovic needs a season why not assess his performances that way  !

Mario will come good or go frankly he came in for around the Borini fee so a gamble worth taking, the WB's no problem and Lambert plan B while Suarez was still here

So given all that which signing is really bad  as in should never be allowed in the team ever again, i can't see one myself but i do see a lot of supporters who said in the summer its going to be a rough ride without Suarez and bedding in the new players now wanting to jump ship with the rats perhaps.

Empty words in the end when the going got tough they fucked off !

Anyway time i fucked off as well and watched my Monty Python live DVD ! :wave

Geoff,

I'm not digging the players out, I never have unless I think they're coasting. I will however question the purchase given what we've been told.

I'm not making things up am I ?

Lovren has looked like a stranger since the Dortmund game, I don't need a coaching badge to realise that. I'm not the only one either am I, it's not like I've chucked a grenade in the thread and buggered off is it ? I'll stand and quantify my statements to the best of my ability.
All I have by way of meaningful qualifications is 35 years of watching football.

Given what we needed, and what we were told we were going to be buying then some of our purchases don't make sense.

I'll also question Brendan and some of the decisions he makes, again, I'm not the only one, and I'll try to understand things from each and every perspective put forth.
If I think he needs fucking off I'll say it out loud mate, there'll be no veiled snidey digs to get my point across without saying what I think. Same with the players.

I personally don't give a shiny shite about any of them, my love is for LFC. If you are employed by my club then you have every right to earn my respect, and you'll be given every opportunity to do so, all I ask is that you try your very best whilst you're passing through.

:wave

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

He's been poor often enough for it to be reasonable to criticise him. Anyhow, nobody can be 'shit' every minute of every game, even if I played I'd probably be of some use 1 minute out of 89

Offline Not A Scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »
I don't need anymore games to see that something is broken. Do we honestly think that the pieces that don't work are going suddenly all come together ?

I do.  I think that because of the track record of Rodgers at Liverpool.  When he first came in his original plan wasn't working, the team looked laboured and uncomfortable in the system, much like now.  Later on that year the team clicked together and had a great run in the second half of the season.
Last year we started slowly ad ponderously, looking nothing like we had towards the end of the previous year.  Our league position was down to a number of 1-0 wins in which we never looked comfortable, a loss and a draw from a couple of those would have put us in tenth at this time (although with more points).  Moaning on RAWK was endemic  The second half of the season we were dynamite.
Rodgers has a track record at Liverpool of starting seasons slowly, with often painful, laboured performances.  He also has a track record of making it "suddenly all come together."  I think the hole we find ourselves in is bigger than the last couple of years, and the reasons are given elsewhere i this thread.
Within a year or so our starting XI will probably be something like, Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge.  That's what we are moving towards, and it's going to be delicious, but that is a young, young line-up (the oldest outfield player in that line-up is 25 now) that simply hasn't played together yet.

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2014, 06:14:39 pm »
Losing the best striking partnership in Europe last season was bound to have a negative impact on the team. Things will improve once Sturridge is back and even more so if we manage to land a half decent striker in January. Stay positive.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2014, 06:45:51 pm »
Geoff,

I'm not digging the players out, I never have unless I think they're coasting. I will however question the purchase given what we've been told.

Lovren has looked like a stranger since the Dortmund game, I don't need a coaching badge to realise that. I'm not the only one either am I, it's not like I've chucked a grenade in the thread and buggered off is it ? I'll stand and quantify my statements to the best of my ability.
All I have by way of meaningful qualifications is 35 years of watching football.

Given what we needed, and what we were told we were going to be buying then some of our purchases don't make sense.

I'll also question Brendan and some of the decisions he makes, again, I'm not the only one, and I'll try to understand things from each and every perspective put forth.
If I think he needs fucking off I'll say it out loud mate, there'll be no veiled snidey digs to get my point across without saying what I think. Same with the players.

I personally don't give a shiny shite about any of them, my love is for LFC. If you are employed by my club then you have every right to earn my respect, and you'll be given every opportunity to do so, all I ask is that you try your very best whilst you're passing through.

so you don't think that about a dozen games is a bit too soon to start deciding if players are decent buys, some of who have not even played a dozen games and many of which have been injured since they signed ? I seriously doubt Brendan has played his preferred team yet except perhaps Spurs away.

(this now is not aimed at you but just my observations.)

The response to a relatively poor start for our season from the fanbase is quite alarming, no patience, no guts for the fight just lets destroy all that unity we built last season and go back to slating the manager and players, simply the return of the blame culture.  If when things are going well we are all in it together well for me when things get a bit pear shaped and the results are not great we should still all be in it together, not booing in Anfield, not rushing to call everyone connected with the club shite in here as the final whistle blows!

Maybe i am getting too old for this new idea of support only if the team wins notion . I still believe you support people win, lose or draw, and if a player is off form but still trying you give them more support and not less and call them shite.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2014, 06:49:20 pm »
Personally i do expect wins at home vs the likes of Hull and Villa. It certainly seemed like some of the team weren't trying vs Newcastle.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2014, 06:51:22 pm »
No Suarez, injuries, complacency, morale after last season, shite signings, bad selections and formations, fatigue in certain players, lack of fortitude in making big decisions.

Take your pick.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »
Last year BR said the results were due to hard work on the training ground, preparation and practise. So I reckon we just can't manage with the extra games plus all the new signings haven't helped. The team is worse because we are lacking suarez and sturridge. The boys that have come in aren't as good as those who have left so it's no surprise really is it.

the results last season were due to luck, Suarez and fit Sturridge

we don't have Suarez, we don't have fit Sturridge and we don't have any luck this season

Brendan and our club in general should study more A.Madrid, how to do transfers, and what transfers you need
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:41 pm »
No Suarez and building a squad with mostly sub standard quality... whatever the truth is with FSG's policy for buying young and developing, if that's the case they really need a rethink, to me there's a greater amount of risk spending a lot of money on a few potential players and hoping they come good rather than mixing it up and buying some real quality, experienced PROVEN players, i mean where is our academy in all of this? Are we producing enough quality players? Obviously not, it's shown in the past that you get left behind very quickly in football if you're not competing at the top level of European football every year... How much time is spent developing talent, having a few average seasons, hoping they come good, in the meantime the big clubs get better... frustrating times...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2014, 07:06:26 pm »
Geoff,

That - is as honest and straight talking a post as you'll ever get on here. Or anywhere for that matter. Well said S.

Have to say though I do feel a bit sorry for Geoff and 4Pool. Just as one thread questioning the opening third or so of the season appears to grind to a close, so another spell of firefighting rears its head!

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »
Topic: Just what is going wrong at Liverpool?
Nothing, you have good periods you have bad periods, like everybody else in the league. The problem is some fans can't except Clubs have bad periods, unfortunately there's a discord between fans and their Club especially in the premier league. Years of treating fans like customers have come back to bite clubs in the arse because that's the attitude of some fans, they act like a consumer and they want results NOW NOW NOW!!!. Logic says with the profile of the players we brought and the amount of players that have come in there would be a period of adjustment, give it time we'll be just fine :thumbup

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2014, 07:28:12 pm »
That - is as honest and straight talking a post as you'll ever get on here. Or anywhere for that matter. Well said S.

Have to say though I do feel a bit sorry for Geoff and 4Pool. Just as one thread questioning the opening third or so of the season appears to grind to a close, so another spell of firefighting rears its head!

Me and Geoff..

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »
Regarding having to settle for Balotelli,who else could we have signed?
Falcao,Sanchez,rejected Liverpool,Remy failed his medical,dont think many  other options were out there.

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »
I notice that quite a few comments refer to the departure of Suarez as a key reason for the current situation.

Heck...who wouldn't miss his goals goes the line of argument.

If memory serves...during our purple patch in the last 14 games (totalling 37pts) he scored 5 goals...and...he'd missed the first two months of the season.

Let nobody convince you that our problems are rooted on Spain...they're rooted in Melwood.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

I understand the point you're making but that's what we've been doing for 25 years.

If we can't sort out ideas within the club over a 25yr period...what makes anyone think that they've got a handle on it now?

I'd be sore - pressed to see BR go, I don't think it's the answer, but at a strategic management level...we're behind the curve now n have been for decades.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:11 pm »
Signing young players who never played a competitive match against signing top class players who have a proven track record.
Nail. On. Head. As long as FSG are in charge I think we have to accept this is how they operate. It's all ifs, what's and but's, however for Balotelli and Markovic we could have had a Costa, Diego not a latte. Buying players for the future is sensible and admirable and they have arguably been the most impressive to date (Moreno, Can & Manquillo) but you need the supposed established players (Mario, Lovren, Lallana & Lambert) to contribute a whole lot more than they have.
JFT97