Author Topic: New LFC Xtra website  (Read 26175 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: New LFC Xtra website
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2014, 11:24:45 am »
That really isn't the case and you know it too.

Dunno, not on Facebook as is for idiots  ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2014, 11:34:32 am »
Dunno, not on Facebook as is for idiots  ;D

Or for expats ! :)
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2014, 11:35:02 am »
most of our facebook fans are idiots though...

Very true. I don't think Craig understands the gravity of this particular situation though. ;D
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »
It's what you get from under paid staff I guess....

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2014, 08:42:31 pm »
It is essentially a LFC version of Buzzfeed. It is terrible
in fairness it's not designed for the majority of rawk posters

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »
Cringeworthy as fuck

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »
Top 10 titles on lfc xtra?

Offline KopSound

• Main Stander
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2014, 11:58:47 pm »
Seems really stupid to me, design is horrendous as well. Why make this when the normal LFC website is perfectly fine? They say it's for "English speaking international supporters" but why does the normal website, that is in English, not work for that?
Liverpool FC - Sounders FC

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 12:12:44 am »
You would think they could spell Lovren right.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 02:06:49 am »
I await the Ian Ayre statement reminding us fans to adhere to the 'values and traditions' of the club* if there's much more criticism of the LFC Xtra soon (it's probably upset the sponsors and they've been on the phone to him).

* - not the values of old - but the new 'values' of the club putting out any old shite and expecting us to lap it up (and then probably pay for it via a sub at a later date).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PaulR

• Claims Diplomatic Immunity
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2014, 12:50:41 pm »

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 12:57:06 pm »
Does anyone mind if I take the criticism in this thread for a Top 10 things RAWK hates about LFC Xtra list?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2014, 01:00:03 pm »
Why? Just why split the fanbase?

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 01:02:12 pm »
Why? Just why split the fanbase?

What are you talking about?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »
What are you talking about?

The lfc.com claims that this...

Liverpool Football Club today announced the launch of LFC Xtra, a new official international website for English-speaking supporters.

I dont get the reason that a new "coloured" version superceeds the need to visit the official website which is also available in english.  It looks to me that there would be two official websites running on the parellel. A "serious and no-nonsense" official website, and a "jolly and timepass" xtra website.

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 01:27:36 pm »
The lfc.com claims that this...

I dont get the reason that a new "coloured" version superceeds the need to visit the official website which is also available in english.  It looks to me that there would be two official websites running on the parellel. A "serious and no-nonsense" official website, and a "jolly and timepass" xtra website.

What if lots of fans either don't want to read the content on the .com site or their English is not good enough for long stories - and want something shorter and more light-hearted? We wouldn't change the .com website for those people - as lots of the stuff on xtra wouldn't be right for the .com site - so we created something new - a bridge between what fans consume on social media and what they consume on official sites.

The simple fact - as proved by this thread - is that not everyone likes the same content - so rather than change the .com site to something you like, we've created a site that people in this thread don't have to visit but many others will.

The stats so far are unbelievable - without affecting the .com stats - which goes to prove that lots of people like lots of different content.

The goal was to increase LFC's market share of the online space and provide a different style of content to the .com site - it's quite clearly done that.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 02:51:11 pm »
This is a brilliant feature - the words as much as the pictures they describe http://xtra.liverpoolfc.com/listicles/why-i-love-these-20-photos-david-rawcliffe-talks-through-the-lfc-photographs-that-mean-most-to-him

David Rawcliffe's work is fantastic - always worth a follow on https://twitter.com/propagandaphoto - yet that could have easily been put on the lfc.com site, the twitter and facebook accounts too, no?

Does anyone mind if I take the criticism in this thread for a Top 10 things RAWK hates about LFC Xtra list?

Yes, sure - to subscribe to the 'criticism' in here just pay everyone on here (and the mods & Ben) £7 a month for the latest views and opinions in full HD, (or whatever resolution your monitor is set to), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »
The stats so far are unbelievable - without affecting the .com stats - which goes to prove that lots of people like lots of different content.

The goal was to increase LFC's market share of the online space and provide a different style of content to the .com site - it's quite clearly done that.

Fair point about the bolded text. I think if the idea was to increase the online share, then I would say its a decent start with lots of potential. As long as its free, I would say its a nice attempt to bring a different perspective into the whole football coommunity world. I dont think any of the other clubs have anything like it so far. Or atleast not that I have seen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »
What if lots of fans either don't want to read the content on the .com site or their English is not good enough for long stories - and want something shorter and more light-hearted? We wouldn't change the .com website for those people - as lots of the stuff on xtra wouldn't be right for the .com site - so we created something new - a bridge between what fans consume on social media and what they consume on official sites.

The simple fact - as proved by this thread - is that not everyone likes the same content - so rather than change the .com site to something you like, we've created a site that people in this thread don't have to visit but many others will.

Has it?

Or is it just LFC supporters checking it out and making up their own minds?

The proof in the pudding is in 3-6 months are the hits/views really there.

Will "traditional" supporters bin it and will others get tired of it?

Sometimes I think some try to hard to be all things to all people when it's not necessary.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »
David Rawcliffe's work is fantastic - always worth a follow on https://twitter.com/propagandaphoto - yet that could have easily been put on the lfc.com site, the twitter and facebook accounts too, no?

Yes, sure - to subscribe to the 'criticism' in here just pay everyone on here (and the mods & Ben) £7 a month for the latest views and opinions in full HD, (or whatever resolution your monitor is set to), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ;)

Cool, I'll use them - not afraid of criticism or constructive hate! The feature will be popular too!

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »
Fair point about the bolded text. I think if the idea was to increase the online share, then I would say its a decent start with lots of potential. As long as its free, I would say its a nice attempt to bring a different perspective into the whole football coommunity world. I dont think any of the other clubs have anything like it so far. Or atleast not that I have seen.

No other club has done it. Yet. The European giants that are Brighton have said they may copy it though. It's a website, like .com, so obviously it'll stay free.

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2014, 03:21:59 pm »

Has it?

Or is it just LFC supporters checking it out and making up their own minds?

The proof in the pudding is in 3-6 months are the hits/views really there.

Will "traditional" supporters bin it and will others get tired of it?

Sometimes I think some try to hard to be all things to all people when it's not necessary.

Has it what? Created incremental traffic and page impressions to add to the official website? Yes, significantly. It was the most visited LFC website in the world on Friday. Can it maintain high levels? Yes - as long as the content / ideas are maintained. In fact, I would expect it to get much bigger - the only promotion of it at the moment is via social media, one homepage slot out of 5 on the official site and through forums etc - not a penny spent on marketing.

What is a 'traditional' supporter? It will appeal to people it appeals to - simple as that. Some will like it, some will hate it. As you will clearly see, it's not been forced on anyone - we haven't changed the official site to this style - so nothing has been changed or taken away - we've just added something Xtra (excuse the pun) - which people can either choose to enjoy or not.

As for your last comment: "Sometimes I think some try to hard to be all things to all people when it's not necessary."

Surely, that's the opposite of what I've done. I've not interfered with the official site to try and make it all things to all people, I've created something new.

What I think you mean is, I've created something that you don't really like or feel the need for - regardless of whether or not there may be hundreds of thousands of fans who do want it. But remember, it's not about you or me. If there is an audience for it, it will be a success - if there isn't, it won't be. Either way, no one is worse off as the official site still exists as it did.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2014, 03:23:04 pm »
Cool, I'll use them - not afraid of criticism or constructive hate! The feature will be popular too!

That'll be £7 a month each then mate (unless you're on Virgin TV package - then you can't have anything ;))

Don't think it's 'criticism' or 'constructive hate' in here - just views and opinions.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »
Not for me, but I guess there's an undercurrent of particularly younger fans who love this kind of stuff, just look at the rise of bollocks sites like Buzzfeed, Reddit, Tumblr and shite like that.

Nice to see it promoting stuff like TAW too, i'm usually critical of the club, but can't find fault with this (knowing i'm not the target audience) unless i'm missing something

Although why people care about Alberto Moreno's top 6 films is beyond me  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:31:57 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2014, 03:33:14 pm »
That'll be £7 a month each then mate (unless you're on Virgin TV package - then you can't have anything ;))

Don't think it's 'criticism' or 'constructive hate' in here - just views and opinions.

I got the LFC TV joke first time, nice one. I don't work for LFC TV, so didn't take it personally.

I can't believe you are attempting to stop a perfectly good feature - Why we hate LFC Xtra - I thought you would have liked the club listening to your opinions on the new site.

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »
Not for me, but I guess there's an undercurrent of particularly younger fans who love this kind of stuff, just look at the rise of bollocks sites like Buzzfeed, Reddit, Tumblr and shite like that.

Nice to see it promoting stuff like TAW too, i'm usually critical of the club, but can't find fault with this (knowing i'm not the target audience) unless i'm missing something

Although why people care about Alberto Moreno's top 6 films is beyond me  ;D

If you dig deeper into the site, the fluffy / nonsensical stuff actually brings people in and then there's some quite educational / informative stuff on there which I think is important for people to see - particularly newer / younger fans - whether it's about culture / fans (Anfield Wrap), history (Emlyn Hughes), Academy (Dave Usher's piece), Hillsborough and why things are important to fans (Dave Rawcliffe's commentary on his pics), what others say about us (European and British media on CL 2005) and views of people outside club (Roy Keane, Henry etc)

It's like a trojan horse (I just thought of that!)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2014, 03:44:45 pm »
I think I get the site now, it's not really my thing but I imagine there will be some good stuff on there in between the stuff that doesn't interest me. I can certainly see it being popular with a huge section of the fanbase though, and can also see why it is on it's own separate sub domain and not on the main site.

What threw me is the push that this is some sort of localised site for English speaking international fans, for me it's not that at all, I really don't know how it can be that given the spread of English speaking fan's across the globe. It's more a bit of a fun and light hearted site that focuses on the less serious stories that the .com site does.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »
Has it what? Created incremental traffic and page impressions to add to the official website? Yes, significantly. It was the most visited LFC website in the world on Friday. Can it maintain high levels? Yes - as long as the content / ideas are maintained. In fact, I would expect it to get much bigger - the only promotion of it at the moment is via social media, one homepage slot out of 5 on the official site and through forums etc - not a penny spent on marketing.

What is a 'traditional' supporter? It will appeal to people it appeals to - simple as that. Some will like it, some will hate it. As you will clearly see, it's not been forced on anyone - we haven't changed the official site to this style - so nothing has been changed or taken away - we've just added something Xtra (excuse the pun) - which people can either choose to enjoy or not.

As for your last comment: "Sometimes I think some try to hard to be all things to all people when it's not necessary."

Surely, that's the opposite of what I've done. I've not interfered with the official site to try and make it all things to all people, I've created something new.

What I think you mean is, I've created something that you don't really like or feel the need for - regardless of whether or not there may be hundreds of thousands of fans who do want it. But remember, it's not about you or me. If there is an audience for it, it will be a success - if there isn't, it won't be. Either way, no one is worse off as the official site still exists as it did.

Paul, don't take things to personal.

Having been in Sales and Marketing for over 30 years, i've been in a lot of meetings where ideas get discussed. Some are tried, have an initial bump, create a little buzz but then aren't sustainable because something newer comes along or the freshness wears off.

Of course the first few days there will be a lot of traffic. People will want to check it out, see what it is about. Everything seeks it's own level though. That's why I mentioned wait 3-6 months.

Will an article on the .com website that is a link to the new extra website that gets read..does that mean the extra website drove traffic or the other way around?

The proof is in how many access the new extra website first, then come to the .com website. And better yet, does the new extra website drive sales of merchandize or new sign ups to LFCTVGO. That statistic would be even of more use to see if there are any new accounts open that mean more profits to the club.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:28:54 pm by 4pool »

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2014, 05:53:17 pm »
Paul, don't take things to personal.

Having been in Sales and Marketing for over 30 years, i've been in a lot of meetings where ideas get discussed. Some are tried, have an initial bump, create a little buzz but then aren't sustainable because something newer comes along or the freshness wears off.

Of course the first few days there will be a lot of traffic. People will want to check it out, see what it is about. Everything seeks it's own level though. That's why I mentioned wait 3-6 months.

Will an article on the .com website that is a link to the new extra website that gets read..does that mean the extra website drove traffic or the other way around?

The proof is in how many access the new extra website first, then come to the .com website. And better yet, does the new extra website drive sales of merchandize or new sign ups to LFCTVGO. That statistic would be even of more use to see if there are any new accounts open that mean more profits to the club.

Haha - I never take anything personally, you should know that. It's why I find it easy not to pander to the view that RAWK always knows best!!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »
Haha - I never take anything personally, you should know that. It's why I find it easy not to pander to the view that RAWK always knows best!!

But we do... :P

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »
Seen a few updates on my Facebook. Very cringeworthy stuff, I have to say.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2014, 07:15:50 pm »
What is a 'traditional' supporter?

One that follows the traditions passed down to them by the fans before them?

Besides whilst it's all well and good that you've got another website to generate hits and potentially create another revenue stream for the club how about you email the powers that be and suggest cheaper ticket prices for families and reduced tickets for kids and the over 65's? You can even promote these cheaper tickets on the new website so its a win win situation for the club eh?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2014, 07:29:08 pm »
Besides whilst it's all well and good that you've got another website to generate hits and potentially create another revenue stream for the club how about you email the powers that be and suggest cheaper ticket prices for families and reduced tickets for kids and the over 65's? You can even promote these cheaper tickets on the new website so its a win win situation for the club eh?
*shakes head*

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
*shakes head*

What? You dont think the pricing of tickets is more important than yet another website?
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2014, 07:36:44 pm »
What? You dont think the pricing of tickets is more important than yet another website?
that is totally irrelevant to this, not everyone at the clubs priorities are the ticket prices

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2014, 07:37:04 pm »

Who said ticketing wasn't more important? I'd argue they were unrelated personally - I work in media, hence I create media stuff - if I worked in ticketing, I'd be trying to address this issue - albeit with the weight of FFP on my shoulders.

Offline PaulR

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »
Seen a few updates on my Facebook. Very cringeworthy stuff, I have to say.

Cool, another one for the list!

Offline hitman89762000

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »
that is totally irrelevant to this, not everyone at the clubs priorities are the ticket prices

Firstly paul works at lfc hes a member of the club who is in a position (maybe not a influential one) who can possibly highlight the ticket prices to those that matter and this thread/site is one of the few avenues any of us have in being able to mention it to a club employee..

Secondly its irrelevant to mention an area the club needs to improve on in a thread about another area the clubs aiming at the fans?  Plus shouldnt things like this be the priorities of those working at the club? Im all for more websites or channels that aim to get people connected to the club the more revenue the better but if those your aiming at are ultimately priced out then you do yourself a disservice in other areas.

But eh its irrelevant eh yay for a new glossy website.

a tweet fro

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »
Firstly paul works at lfc hes a member of the club who is in a position (maybe not a influential one) who can possibly highlight the ticket prices to those that matter and this thread/site is one of the few avenues any of us have in being able to mention it to a club employee..

Secondly its irrelevant to mention an area the club needs to improve on in a thread about another area the clubs aiming at the fans?  Plus shouldnt things like this be the priorities of those working at the club? Im all for more websites or channels that aim to get people connected to the club the more revenue the better but if those your aiming at are ultimately priced out then you do yourself a disservice in other areas.

But eh its irrelevant eh yay for a new glossy website.

Maybe we should inundate the tea lady to get the ticket prices sorted too?

Paul works in the media department, he has as much influence over the ticketing as you or I do. His job is to create more ways for the club to interact with the fans via the media side of the club, and I doubt the clubs superiors will take too kindly to him bringing issues outside of his remit to them.

Offline hitman89762000

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »
Maybe we should inundate the tea lady to get the ticket prices sorted too?

Paul works in the media department, he has as much influence over the ticketing as you or I do. His job is to create more ways for the club to interact with the fans via the media side of the club, and I doubt the clubs superiors will take too kindly to him bringing issues outside of his remit to them.

Hooray for the sarcasm with the tea lady comments..

Like i said im all for more websites more interaction but since pauls a lfc employee i fail to see why i cant mention an area the club should be looking at.

a tweet fro