Author Topic: FIFA Investigated by FBI  (Read 230697 times)

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foul-Secret-Bribes-Rigging-Scandals/dp/0007208111
Yes. Andrew Jennings has also published two more ebooks on FIFA through his website - an updated version of the above (Even More Foul!) and Omerta.

http://www.transparencybooks.com/

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
Yes. Andrew Jennings has also published two more ebooks on FIFA through his website - an updated version of the above (Even More Foul!) and Omerta.

http://www.transparencybooks.com/

Going to buy this when I get paid, cheers fella.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
:lmao

Funny

But don't imagine it will change anything what so ever...

Blatter is Teflon, the only thing he's ever been caught doing is "holding" some money for another member of the ex co.....

Nothing will change

This will most likely mean that Blatter will lose the upcoming election, his cohorts will lose influence, and there will be major changes in the organization. This is not a government protecting its interests with their own juridical system, this is an international so called not for profit organization.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
The one question that still remains unanswered for me, though:

Why the fuck did Tim Roth agree to play Sepp Blatter in that FIFA-funded film?  I mean, he's Tim fucking Roth. He must have dozens of scripts arriving every year for well-paid jobs.  He can't be that hard-up for cash that he would corrupt his soul by doing that film.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2468193/fifa-officials-arrested-over-corruption-charges

To the surprise of no one.

Only interesting issue will be Blatter's fortunes.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
FIFA playing the victim card.

Fifa spokesman says definitively that the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will take place in Russia and Qatar. Right.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
The only permanent solution to corruption and chicanery inside FIFA is to set up a rival organisation. At first (and maybe at last?) those nations invited should be the democracies of the world which, by happy chance, are also the big football nations. None are entirely free of corruption - as Italy constantly shows - but they are more transparent and more accountable and have a free press and therefore it's harder for them to nurture the monsters that FIFA currently shelters. Let Blatter and the Africans, the East Asians, the Arab Gulf states and the Russians have their own 'world cup' if they want it. Call it the Oligarchy World Cup.

Meanwhile we should start with an Australian World Cup in 2 years time. Then one in England. They'd be two great tournaments.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If the claims are true it all happened on Sepp's watch.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
FIFA playing the victim card.

Fifa spokesman says definitively that the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will take place in Russia and Qatar. Right.
That much he knows to be true unfortunately, there is simply to much money involved. Fifa is the size of a small nation, with the power and influence of a larger one. Its officials are politicians in all but name susceptible to all the same corruption and accountability avoidance capabilities of western leaders.  It will take a lot more than this to take the whole rotten structure down.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This will most likely mean that Blatter will lose the upcoming election, his cohorts will lose influence, and there will be major changes in the organization. This is not a government protecting its interests with their own juridical system, this is an international so called not for profit organization.
Blatter will win the election.

Don't even question that.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
“The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,” said Attorney General Lynch.  “It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.  And it has profoundly harmed a multitude of victims, from the youth leagues and developing countries that should benefit from the revenue generated by the commercial rights these organizations hold, to the fans at home and throughout the world whose support for the game makes those rights valuable.  Today’s action makes clear that this Department of Justice intends to end any such corrupt practices, to root out misconduct, and to bring wrongdoers to justice – and we look forward to continuing to work with other countries in this effort.”

“Today’s announcement should send a message that enough is enough,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Currie.  “After decades of what the indictment alleges to be brazen corruption, organized international soccer needs a new start – a new chance for its governing institutions to provide honest oversight and support of a sport that is beloved across the world, increasingly so here in the United States.  Let me be clear: this indictment is not the final chapter in our investigation.”

Team America. Fuck yeah.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
The only permanent solution to corruption and chicanery inside FIFA is to set up a rival organisation. At first (and maybe at last?) those nations invited should be the democracies of the world which, by happy chance, are also the big football nations. None are entirely free of corruption - as Italy constantly shows - but they are more transparent and more accountable and have a free press and therefore it's harder for them to nurture the monsters that FIFA currently shelters. Let Blatter and the Africans, the East Asians, the Arab Gulf states and the Russians have their own 'world cup' if they want it. Call it the Oligarchy World Cup.

Meanwhile we should start with an Australian World Cup in 2 years time. Then one in England. They'd be two great tournaments.

Yes, let's automatically connect the nation states level of corruption with the FIFA delegates level of corruption. Nothing shouts morality more than sweeping statements, preconceptions, and bias opinion.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
Blatter will win the election.

Don't even question that.

Absolutely, it's an election by FIFA board members, aka corrupt leading the corrupt

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely, it's an election by FIFA board members, aka corrupt leading the corrupt
If Blatter thought there was any chance of him losing, then the election would have been postponed.

How could anyone re-elect him though?

Even if he is 100% clean, he has allowed huge corruption to grown under his reign and has done almost nothing to tackle it effectively.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
“The indictment alleges corruption that is rampant, systemic, and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States,” said Attorney General Lynch.  “It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.  And it has profoundly harmed a multitude of victims, from the youth leagues and developing countries that should benefit from the revenue generated by the commercial rights these organizations hold, to the fans at home and throughout the world whose support for the game makes those rights valuable.  Today’s action makes clear that this Department of Justice intends to end any such corrupt practices, to root out misconduct, and to bring wrongdoers to justice – and we look forward to continuing to work with other countries in this effort.”

“Today’s announcement should send a message that enough is enough,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Currie.  “After decades of what the indictment alleges to be brazen corruption, organized international soccer needs a new start – a new chance for its governing institutions to provide honest oversight and support of a sport that is beloved across the world, increasingly so here in the United States.  Let me be clear: this indictment is not the final chapter in our investigation.”

Team America. Fuck yeah.

Very strong statement.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Important to note that there are two distinct probes as the Swiss statements confirm:

1. Swiss-led probe into bribery surrounding WC bids of 2018 and 2022
The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) is conducting a Swiss criminal investigation regarding the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. For inquiries regarding this Swiss criminal investigation, please contact the OAG.

2.  US-led probe into money-laundering, racketeering and other crimes normally associated with the Soprano family, mainly involving CONCACAF members.
The defendants also include U.S. and South American sports marketing executives who are alleged to have systematically paid and agreed to pay well over $150 million in bribes and kickbacks to obtain lucrative media and marketing rights to international soccer tournaments.

I don't think has been widely reported, but the Feds have already have guilty pleas from Chuck Blazer, two sons of Jack Warner and a Brazilian sports marketing executive. Myself and Tepid water were speculating on that, but now we have confirmation.

The guilty pleas of the four individual and two corporate defendants that were also unsealed today include the guilty pleas of Charles Blazer, the long-serving former general secretary of CONCACAF and former U.S. representative on the FIFA executive committee; José Hawilla, the owner and founder of the Traffic Group, a multinational sports marketing conglomerate headquartered in Brazil; and two of Hawilla’s companies, Traffic Sports International Inc. and Traffic Sports USA Inc., which is based in Florida.

Justice Dept statement

That the Swiss are investigating FIFA is huge.  They've normally given them carte blanche. Partly why FIFA is based there.

• Anny Roader

Justice Dept statement

That the Swiss are investigating FIFA is huge.  They've normally given them carte blanche. Partly why FIFA is based there.

Indeed huge since Suisse authorities will be unwavering in their efforts...Of course, I continue to think this did not come as a surprise to Blatter if not altogether anticipated

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Only partly? !

I bet they move to the Middle East soon
W

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Makes you believe in karma.

Imagine the panic and the rats getting ready to rat each other out behind the scenes right now.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
Happy day for football, not in my wildest dreams did I see this coming, not now. But fuck yeah!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I think some of you are a little deluded if you think this will change anything.

Only Blatter being indicted will indicate to the world (and his successor) that change is needed and terrible wrongs have been done.
W

• Anny Roader
I think some of you are a little deluded if you think this will change anything.

Only Blatter being indicted will indicate to the world (and his successor) that change is needed and terrible wrongs have been done.

Definitely wishful thinking, this isn't a Hollywood movie of the week

Blatter's history is littered with examples of consolidating power in the face of corruption & bribery charges, no reason to believe this will be any different

And as De Gregorio pointed out in the pressy, 'FIFA were not surprised by today's events, just the timing of it'

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Sepp Blatter Press Conference

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/UmzsWxPLIOo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/UmzsWxPLIOo</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Happy day for football, not in my wildest dreams did I see this coming, not now. But fuck yeah!

This. I'm still shocked, hopefully this is start of the new era.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
I understand peoples reticence with regard to expecting any significant change to FIFA. It doesn't tend to be how the world works does it? Those with power tend to keep it by hook or by crook. But a couple of things struck me; the first being that todays events are unprecedented, which suggests there may be the will to accomplish change where before there was not, and secondly, the Swiss and US justice systems now have the means to find any evidence that may still be lying around (Russian computers not withstanding).

Also, and in the shorter term, without the arrested members and with the world no doubt outraged at FIFA (or at least they will be more outraged than they were, particularly by Friday), will Sepp still have the votes to remain in his position? I don't know, but I do think that this the best opportunity for change in recent times, and I hope we get it.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
This. I'm still shocked, hopefully this is start of the new era.
Blatter is still there, nothing changes.

It's about power for him
W

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
this is fucking beautiful

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Can't believe that one of the indictees, former Brazil FA President José Maria Marin would ever be involved in something so underhanded as this.

He's standing beside the woman in this medal ceremony

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IVZbulmbsc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IVZbulmbsc4</a>

I for one am shocked.

Offline joejack

• Main Stander
Blatter is still there, nothing changes.

It's about power for him

He is a dead man walking, not today, but he will be gone soon enough.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
If Blatter thought there was any chance of him losing, then the election would have been postponed.

How could anyone re-elect him though?

Even if he is 100% clean, he has allowed huge corruption to grown under his reign and has done almost nothing to tackle it effectively.

He is trying to get it postponed. How they could hold a fair vote under these circumstances... Oh yeah, they're a bunch of crooks.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
He is trying to get it postponed. How they could hold a fair vote under these circumstances... Oh yeah, they're a bunch of crooks.
Fair vote?  FIFA?

:lmao
W

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
Just want to point out that only my beloved America had the balls to finally take on these corrupt bastards. We may be many things, but every now and then we do something that isn't god awful or terrible.  ;D ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Just want to point out that only my beloved America had the balls to finally take on these corrupt bastards. We may be many things, but every now and then we do something that isn't god awful or terrible.  ;D ;D
True that..

Why did it take the U.S. to sort this out?
W

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Haha someone posted this on twitter. Blatter's addressing the other FIFA members.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ddtfoiaWGqs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ddtfoiaWGqs</a>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:50:04 am by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
FIFA bank accounts have been frozen by the Swiss... (Some anyway).
W

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

Yes. So far this century there's this, Louie and the Avengers movies.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Anny Roader
True that..

Why did it take the U.S. to sort this out?

The US only shows up when there are natural resources or money to plunder

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan

Or unpaid taxes

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.

Was going to say even a stopped and broken clock is right twice a day......but no, yours is better  ;D