Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6730473 times)

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
Re: The Everton/FC Sexy - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 04:51:08 am »
can we just get back to laughing at them? enjoyed that thread
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 05:29:53 am »
I think they should go all out for EL.
I suspect Martinez will take it very seriously...

Their pre-season has been piss poor though, and they have some tough opening games including hosting Arsenal and Chelsea (both of whom they beat at Goodison last year)....need to sharpen up quick, because you'd always ideally like to start the season on a high with momentum.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:43 am »

Their pre-season has been piss poor though, and they have some tough opening games including hosting Arsenal and Chelsea (both of whom they beat at Goodison last year)....need to sharpen up quick, because you'd always ideally like to start the season on a high with momentum.
Hopefully they can win some of those tough early fixtures to do us a favour and build up their hopes for a nice big crash when we thrash them again at Anfield in round 6 :)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:27 am »

if they get to the EL quarters and are 6th or worse in the league I reckon they'll go all out for the Europa (which would be the right thing to do)

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:16 am »
Inevitably (likely would be better) is over egging the pudding a tad. Let's not forget that we finished above you in 2011/12-2012/13.

Still, you've looked very dangerous in pre-season. That Henderson goal against Dortmund demonstrated some beautiful football.
Fair enough, you did finish higher than us in 2 of the past 3 seasons. I just can't see that happening again, I agree with the other posters, Everton have not moved forward enough to be proper top 4 challengers and could struggle to maintain last seasons position. Your squad depth is still going to be an issue with 4 competitions and not to mention WC hangover for some players.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 06:51:50 am »
can we just get back to laughing at them? enjoyed that thread

Nothing stopping you from doing it in here.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 10:04:53 am »
Small club shit fans. They'll finish 7th and start to reminisce about the moyes days
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 10:42:49 am »
Small club shit fans. They'll finish 7th and start to reminisce about the moyes days

The golden era. :lmao

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:31 am »
Problem as I see it is their old squad just got another year older. They only released one player so far (a 22 year old) and actually signed Gareth Barry (33) permanently. He's a decent player, but the problem remains; the core of the squad is +30 and will prove expensive to replace. There are 10 players over 30 and half of all games player for the team last year were played by these players. In many ways they are running to stand still. I know a lot of Everton fans keep saying their young players are coming through and they will fill the gap, but every other club has young players coming through, only they have comparatively got more (since Everton has such an old squad). Even if Barkley and Stone come good, that is still only 2.

Older players get injured more often and devalue at a faster rate after they turn 30. I think this year's Everton squad will struggle once injuries hit and they will still be faced with the problem of overhauling the squad come summer. It could be the start of a slow decline this year.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:39 am »
Their 7th best moment of 2013/2014 season as decided by GOT

Ours would probably be talking about incredible goals, title challenging, smashing rivals all over the pitch.

Theirs is about Baines getting ice cream and youtube videos.

Nil satis nisi optimum.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:40 am »
Their 7th best moment of 2013/2014 season as decided by GOT

Ours would probably be talking about incredible goals, title challenging, smashing rivals all over the pitch.

Theirs is about Baines getting ice cream and youtube videos.

Nil satis nisi optimum.

Is #1 on that list Gerrard slipping? i'd be surprised if it isn't.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 12:00:25 pm »
Is #1 on that list Gerrard slipping? i'd be surprised if it isn't.

Nope. To be fair, there's no RS related posts in that top 15. The winner is Ovide's Video's goal against United. They can't really take the piss seeing as we were at least the proverbial Proclaimers' 500 Miles better than them last season.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 12:42:55 pm »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 01:03:11 pm »

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 08:49:00 pm »
if they get to the EL quarters and are 6th or worse in the league I reckon they'll go all out for the Europa (which would be the right thing to do)

Winning the Europa qualifies you for Champs League now too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2014, 08:50:34 pm »
Hopefully they can win some of those tough early fixtures to do us a favour and build up their hopes for a nice big crash when we thrash them again at Anfield in round 6 :)

Betraying your non-scouseness there mate ;)

Hopefully at Anfield we won't play with our defenders nearly on the halfway line.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:56 pm »
I bet you're the only club that know that as well, no one else will take it as seriously, its in the bag.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »
exactly, which is why I said that it makes sense to go all out in that situation

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »
Problem as I see it is their old squad just got another year older. They only released one player so far (a 22 year old) and actually signed Gareth Barry (33) permanently. He's a decent player, but the problem remains; the core of the squad is +30 and will prove expensive to replace. There are 10 players over 30 and half of all games player for the team last year were played by these players. In many ways they are running to stand still. I know a lot of Everton fans keep saying their young players are coming through and they will fill the gap, but every other club has young players coming through, only they have comparatively got more (since Everton has such an old squad). Even if Barkley and Stone come good, that is still only 2.

Older players get injured more often and devalue at a faster rate after they turn 30. I think this year's Everton squad will struggle once injuries hit and they will still be faced with the problem of overhauling the squad come summer. It could be the start of a slow decline this year.

What you see as an issue, I see as a squad well balanced between experience and youth.

Players older than 30:

Howard; Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz, Barry, Osman, Pienaar; Kone - 9

Players younger than 30:

Robles; Baines, Oviedo, Coleman, Stones; Gibson, McGeady, Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley; Lukaku, Naismith - 13

There are a few more youngsters who may step up too.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »
What you see as an issue, I see as a squad well balanced between experience and youth.

Players older than 30:

Players younger than 30:

Robles; Baines, Oviedo, Coleman, Stones; Gibson, McGeady, Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley; Lukaku, Naismith - 13

How many of those would get in our starting 11?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:52 pm »

*puts on Everton cap

All of em

*Takes off cap, burns cap.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:52 pm »
Baines & Coleman at the most.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »
Baines & Coleman at the most.
Tim Howard might have a chance too, though Id rather have Mignolet. Brendan could probably work some magic with Barkley too, and Lukaku wouldn't be a bad backup to Sturridge even if his style isn't coherent with our fluid attack. On current form though I'd only have the fullbacks though.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2014, 09:55:29 pm »
Gibson being back and bringing in Besic means we're stronger in the middle. Hopefully the Atsu rumours are true, that would replace Deulofeu (who did only score 4 goals).

This whole idea that we've spent money to not improve is looking at it in a harsh light imo. We had to spend that money to not slip back hugely! (and have improved our squad significantly as opposed to at the start of the transfer window)

Our improvement on last season proper will hopefully come through the progression of our younger players and Martinez having had more time to weave his magic. Better luck with long term injuries would be nice too.
What do you think of Garbutt and Liedson Tom?
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:15 am »
What do you think of Garbutt and Liedson Tom?

Garbutt has done decently in pre-season. Least you can say is that he has the ability to whip in a quality ball or two. Even though he's only third choice left back, we may see him in the earlier rounds of the likes of the League Cup (all helps with the fighting on four fronts).

Ledson is very young, hasn't done anything with the senior team.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:51 am »

I'm on a hiding to nothing there fella!

On paper there's not much between the two first XIs. Last season you finished 12 points above us with one of the best players in the World in Suarez, so we'd be talking about very fine margins across the piece which would be arguable either way in most cases.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 05:48:53 am »

On paper there's not much between the two first XIs. Last season you finished 12 points above us with one of the best players in the World in Suarez, so we'd be talking about very fine margins across the piece which would be arguable either way in most cases.

And so it begins :D

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 06:29:50 am »

I don't believe 12 points, 3 league places and scoring 40 more goals is fine margins (you scored 61 in total for example). Essentially our players just have that extra bit of quality over your team. The combinations Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge will produce on a consistent basis are what will set the two teams apart. You don't really have an answer to that attacking creativity and power.

I'm intrigued to see how Everton perform this year. It's going to be a massive achievement for Martinez to hang on to the coattails of the big boys again given the gulf is overall squad quality.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 06:53:42 am »

6 places says there is, without Suarez we'd still have scored 70 goals. I'm not saying Everton aren't a good team, I'm saying you will struggle to be top 6. Everyone around you has gotten better and hoping that Barkley and Stones at the age of 20 are going to take you up a level is wishful right now.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:46 am »
They have sold over 30,000 season tickets.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 11:49:11 am »

Players older than 30:

Players younger than 30:

I made this point elsewhere

Name   Age   App
Jagielka   31   30
Kone   30   5
Distin   36   37
Barry   33   37
Osman   33   43
Pienaar   32   25
Howard   35   37
Alcaraz   32   7
Hibbert   33   6
Baines   30*   35

*30 in December

10 then, as I am including Baines who will be 30 before the next transfer window. 262 appearances between them last season, nearly half the squads total for the season (the rest made 301)

In terms of play you might see that as balanced, but from an accounts point of view its dangerous. Those 10 players are the core of the team but will begin to (have begun to) deteriorate as players. It will require major investment to overhaul the squad, money Everton don't have. They had a real chance this summer to start improving the squad for the long term this summer, before the market fully adjusted to new economic realities of the TV deal. However, they spent all their money in one go to field more or less the same team as least year (but one year older)

Sure, they might be ok this season, they might even do well next season, but the mid to long term is problematic and unlike United (who coasted along with an aging squad until all their chickens came home to roost last season) they don't have the finances to just go out and buy the players they need.  My argument then is from an economic perspective, not a playing perspective. Sure the kids might come good, but realistically how many do you expect to come through? 10? Because you might need 10. And don't forget Everton have been paying off the clubs debts by selling their best, young talent for years now.

I just think your idea that the team is well-balanced is a tad short-sighted.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

Funny they try an blag that Liverpool fans are all whoppers an they all only bother going when they're doing alright and back in Europe :lmao

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 11:59:07 am »
Didn't know Naismith was on that much per week.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:01 pm »

It's started  :lmao every fucking year without fail.  :lmao

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »
And so it begins :D

I did say on a hiding to nothing  :P

I don't believe 12 points, 3 league places and scoring 40 more goals is fine margins (you scored 61 in total for example). Essentially our players just have that extra bit of quality over your team. The combinations Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge will produce on a consistent basis are what will set the two teams apart. You don't really have an answer to that attacking creativity and power.

I'm intrigued to see how Everton perform this year. It's going to be a massive achievement for Martinez to hang on to the coattails of the big boys again given the gulf is overall squad quality.

If we were to discuss a hypothetical previous season, whereby we had Suarez, then there's a very good chance we would've challenged for the League title ourselves.

What you call extra bit of quality, I was calling fine margins that can be argued either way (as you're doing).

6 places says there is, without Suarez we'd still have scored 70 goals. I'm not saying Everton aren't a good team, I'm saying you will struggle to be top 6. Everyone around you has gotten better and hoping that Barkley and Stones at the age of 20 are going to take you up a level is wishful right now.

Saying we will struggle for top 6 come the end of next season is arguable in that we may finish 7th, or even 8th if it's a poor season.

However, I'm being optimistic in that we're going into a season on the back of 72 points and with some of the finest, young talent in the Premier League and with a great manager.

But of course, it could all go belly up.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »
I did say on a hiding to nothing  :P

If we were to discuss a hypothetical previous season, whereby we had Suarez, then there's a very good chance we would've challenged for the League title ourselves.

What you call extra bit of quality, I was calling fine margins that can be argued either way (as you're doing).

Saying we will struggle for top 6 come the end of next season is arguable in that we may finish 7th, or even 8th if it's a poor season.

However, I'm being optimistic in that we're going into a season on the back of 72 points and with some of the finest, young talent in the Premier League and with a great manager.

But of course, it could all go belly up.

In this hypothetical previous season where you have Suarez, who do we have instead? Because it seems pretty pointless to compare without.

It's like saying if we had Lukaku you'd have got relegated, because you only had shite like Naismith up top

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 12:13:37 pm »
It's started  :lmao every fucking year without fail.  :lmao

I'm assuming you mean every year there's a sensible debate without fail?

We finished above you between 2011-2013. Last season you finished 12 points above us, but have since lost one of the best players in the World.

In the upper reaches of the Prem it's about fine margins. For every person who says they'd prefer Sturridge there'd be another who prefers Lukaku. Same could be said across the teams.

It's likely that Liverpool will finish above Everton imo, because the fine margins are just balanced in your favour.

Offline TomDixie

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 12:15:56 pm »
In this hypothetical previous season where you have Suarez, who do we have instead? Because it seems pretty pointless to compare without.

It's like saying if we had Lukaku you'd have got relegated, because you only had shite like Naismith up top

The Suarez scenario is just because we're comparing first XIs in a World that is now without Suarez. I don't think you've signed anyone who'll step into your first XI ahead of a player you already had.