Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 306555 times)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #2440 on: December 22, 2013, 09:27:57 am »
Papadopolous is a match made for Sakho.

You came to this conclusion based on the 2 minutes of football he's played in 12 months?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #2441 on: December 22, 2013, 10:57:58 am »
Mama.  Another good performance,  shame about their goal not all your fault, keep up the good work, the City game will be a hard one for you, but one I hope you excel in and show great strength and gile. Hope you get on the score sheet
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: December 22, 2013, 11:00:25 am »
I think we have needed this sort of defender for ages. Someone who is very aggressive, good on a 1 v 1 situation and can win the battles with awkward attackers. We have had too many defenders that need protection.

Offline ryan125

• Kopite
« Reply #2443 on: December 22, 2013, 11:01:47 am »
You came to this conclusion based on the 2 minutes of football he's played in 12 months?

Its really just so we could have Mama and Papa as a center back pairing!  8)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2444 on: December 22, 2013, 11:03:02 am »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: December 22, 2013, 11:06:26 am »

But to be fair Mama needs a Papa
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: December 22, 2013, 11:07:35 am »
Someone mentioned the prospect of an Ilori/Sakho partnership down the line. Could be great for us if the Portuguese youngster can make the step.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2447 on: December 22, 2013, 03:37:26 pm »
Really, really like this lad.  He looks like he should be clumsy as fuck, but he's actually really good on the ball.  Some great passes out of defence, he's a passing, brick shithouse.
My thoughts exactly.
This kid is solid. And he's only 23.
We should build our defence around this beast.
I wonder how a Johnson--Toure--Sakho--Enrique defence would perform? Surely, our strongest back 4 when all are fit?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2448 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »
Papadopolous is a match made for Sakho.

Mama and Papa, I can see that being amazing

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: December 22, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »
SHAQ.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3f2-0tWELhM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3f2-0tWELhM</a>
MBL? noticed this in the video above, credit to him. Look at Sakho sprinting the length of the pitch at 0:50 to get in the box. Tremendous from a CB.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: December 23, 2013, 03:26:02 pm »
Good article - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1898918-how-mamadou-sakho-is-proving-ideal-replacement-for-daniel-agger-at-liverpool?

I knew he had a good game at Cardiff but damn - Against Cardiff on Saturday, Sakho was again impressive at the heart of defence, with 100 percent tackle success rate, eight out of eight clearances completed, two interceptions and 93 percent pass completion (all stats again via Squawka).

Hes undroppable at the minute.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »
I know we don't care what the rags think, but it seems they are reluctant to give him a good score on their individual ratings and their comments seem to say he is sloppy at the back. The mirror gave him a 6 for Cardiff even though he was immense. Divvys.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: December 23, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »
I know we don't care what the rags think, but it seems they are reluctant to give him a good score on their individual ratings and their comments seem to say he is sloppy at the back. The mirror gave him a 6 for Cardiff even though he was immense. Divvys.

They don't focus on the match and assume because he's big and strong that he's clumsy on the ball and a bit stupid, it's ridiculous.

Although fair play MOTD put him in team of the week, which is extra impressive considering we played Cardiff at home and didn't keep a clean sheet
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: December 23, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »
They don't focus on the match and assume because he's big and strong that he's clumsy on the ball and a bit stupid, it's ridiculous.

Although fair play MOTD put him in team of the week, which is extra impressive considering we played Cardiff at home and didn't keep a clean sheet

Agreed they automatically assume he won't be good with the ball at his feet due to his build. I personally think he is boss and will just get better and better  :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2454 on: December 23, 2013, 03:55:41 pm »
It's weird, isn't it, how people don't realise just how good he is with the ball at his feet because he's ungainly and looks a bit like Traore if you squint from a distance.

I couldn't be happier with how he's progressing so far and he's the kind of defender we've been crying out for now for years.  Strong in the air, comfortable on the ball and just a bit ol' unit.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: December 23, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »

that's even better.  Opponents reading that think that he is just traore v2 and may become complacent. ;D

Who cares what the rags say as long as he keeps playing and improving under us.  I got a feeling he got some goals in him as well. Already scored 1 vs west ham. Hit the post vs Tottenham and almost scored in the last few minutes against cardiff.

He states in an interview that he has some personal goals as well but just didn't disclose it. My bet is he wants to score a few from the looks of it.  His positioning and runs in the opponent penalty box is pretty good.  If he contributes around 5-8 goals for this season, I guess that would be a decent goal count for a defender.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2456 on: December 23, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »
I think we have needed this sort of defender for ages. Someone who is very aggressive, good on a 1 v 1 situation and can win the battles with awkward attackers. We have had too many defenders that need protection.

The pace and ability he has in one on one situations is a massive plus and is quite needed in the Rodgers system especially when we dominate teams.

Well worth the money, this guy. Chuffed to bits with this transfer committee really. Allen, Mignolet, Sakho, Coutinho, Sturridge. That's insane quality for very reasonable money and they could all be here for the best part of a decade.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #2457 on: December 23, 2013, 04:06:46 pm »
I think Lovren would be a perfect partner for Sakho, he's the reactive right sided centre back to the proactive left sided centre back of Sakho. I've been mightily impressed by him all season, his positioning is very good and Southampton play in a similar way at the back to us, I think he would be a major upgrade on Skrtel.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #2458 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »
To be honest, I haven't felt as comfortable with a centre half since Sami Hyypia was in our team all those moons ago alongside one Jamie Carragher. Not sure if anyone else feels the same?

He looks like a tangled bit of spaghetti when he receives the ball but fuck me he knows what to do with it. He's the combative centre half we've been looking for who rarely misses a tackle (as illustrated in the above mentioned statistics) not to mention headers. A mainstay in this team for me.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2459 on: December 23, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »
Reminds me of Thuram
Cool down and play

Offline Mogzz

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2460 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:43 pm »
Watching the game in Canada on Sportsnet, some imbecile of  a co-commentator described him as being bad on the ball but hes a big and strong... Just clueless.

He is constantly looking for a forward pass, picking out Coutinho a lot in good positions. Very impressed with him and he is rightly so, undroppable.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:38 pm »
We have 4 good CBs and he's the best of the lot. Love this guy.

That 93% pass completion is impressive given how adventurous and difficult his forward passes are!
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2462 on: December 23, 2013, 07:17:04 pm »
I think Lovren would be a perfect partner for Sakho, he's the reactive right sided centre back to the proactive left sided centre back of Sakho. I've been mightily impressed by him all season, his positioning is very good and Southampton play in a similar way at the back to us, I think he would be a major upgrade on Skrtel.

He really would be fucking great alongside Sakho. Was discussing this with a few mates the other day. Southampton got Lovren for a steal really. He was branded about as a huge talent a few years back and then suddenly went off the high profile radar. Done very well in the league so far. Southampton have money, a good manager and a good side though, so he's cost 15+ million.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: December 23, 2013, 07:47:04 pm »
He really would be fucking great alongside Sakho. Was discussing this with a few mates the other day. Southampton got Lovren for a steal really. He was branded about as a huge talent a few years back and then suddenly went off the high profile radar. Done very well in the league so far. Southampton have money, a good manager and a good side though, so he's cost 15+ million.
Would be a fair price, honestly.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: December 23, 2013, 08:32:58 pm »
he's not just a great defender... he's a great footballer
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: December 23, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »
he's not just a great defender... he's a great footballer

I would make a "Mamadou, is that you?" joke, but for some reason I'm pretty sure that the real one would just come right out and say it in his first post. Which would be amazing.

Offline Seba_Uruguay

• Main Stander
« Reply #2466 on: December 23, 2013, 09:54:48 pm »
Excellent signing this guy is a beast!

Offline brokenboner

• Main Stander
  • no
« Reply #2467 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:36 pm »
I can remember when he signed for us, a couple of you who had watched him play for PSG were saying how although he's a great defender he's not very confident on the ball... I don't understand it.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: December 23, 2013, 10:14:43 pm »
I would make a "Mamadou, is that you?" joke, but for some reason I'm pretty sure that the real one would just come right out and say it in his first post. Which would be amazing.

yes probably, he's cool as fuck  :)
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline T. Finn

• Main Stander
« Reply #2469 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Watching the game in Canada on Sportsnet, some imbecile of  a co-commentator described him as being bad on the ball but hes a big and strong... Just clueless.

He is constantly looking for a forward pass, picking out Coutinho a lot in good positions. Very impressed with him and he is rightly so, undroppable.

That was Graeme Le Saux, my eyes rolled out of my head when he made that comment,couldn't have been more wrong about Sakho's ability with the ball

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #2470 on: December 24, 2013, 12:09:13 am »
That was Graeme Le Saux, my eyes rolled out of my head when he made that comment,couldn't have been more wrong about Sakho's ability with the ball

Graeme Le Saux sounds 'posh' (to me) and that probably played a role in his being selected as the main co-commentator.

He is full of cliches and absolute truisms, albeit delivered in almost complete, relatively grammatical sentences with good diction.

His comments re Sakho were inaccurate but oh-so-believable to ill-informed non-LFC supporters.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Dirk Advocate.

• Main Stander
« Reply #2471 on: December 24, 2013, 03:11:43 am »
Felt unusually confident going to White Hart Lane with him in our back line. Feel the same about our next two fixtures. Love watching him play.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #2472 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:47 am »
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: December 24, 2013, 06:02:32 am »

What does the referee in this instance put his arm up to signal? That the keeper can pick up the ball or something? Is that normal?

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
« Reply #2474 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:11 am »
I can remember when he signed for us, a couple of you who had watched him play for PSG were saying how although he's a great defender he's not very confident on the ball... I don't understand it.

I have watched him for a long time since I have been living here for 6 years now and his performances don't surprise me one bit. He has always been this good even when playing(or not playing since Carlo Ancelotti).

The next impressive French defender who I think would be perfect for us is Kurt Zouma from Saint Etienne. He's like a right footed version of Sakho really.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2475 on: December 24, 2013, 07:55:54 am »
What does the referee in this instance put his arm up to signal? That the keeper can pick up the ball or something? Is that normal?

He was giving Sakho a thumbs up because he's a beast.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2476 on: December 26, 2013, 11:29:36 am »
Mama-dou
Here I am
Sakho is gonna beat you
Stuck in the middle with you