Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3467856 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #45480 on: May 28, 2017, 04:40:12 pm »
Don't flog me for asking this but when can one expect Alien Covenant to leak online? Missus won't watch alien movies so the cinema is out the window. Mad to see it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #45481 on: May 28, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »
Don't flog me for asking this but when can one expect Alien Covenant to leak online? Missus won't watch alien movies so the cinema is out the window. Mad to see it.
"Alien Covenant DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for August 2017 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for August 2017."

At best late July I'd imagine...

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #45482 on: May 28, 2017, 04:45:04 pm »
"Alien Covenant DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for August 2017 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for August 2017."

At best late July I'd imagine...
Fuck it. Thanks mate. Will have to brave the cinema on my own.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45483 on: May 28, 2017, 05:37:14 pm »
Fuck it. Thanks mate. Will have to brave the cinema on my own.

I wouldn't bother, it's wank.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #45484 on: May 28, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »
Ha ha me too, we almost walked out!
I thought T2 was absolute garbage.

For a moment there, thought I was in the Terminator thread or it was in regards to The Terminator
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #45485 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:58 pm »
finally got around to Trainspotting 2 ....to be honest, wasn't expecting much due to some mediocre / sniffy reviews....but absolutely fuckin loved it....an absorbing study of middle aged angst, warped nostalgia, male menopause, friendship and regret ....the caper, soundtrack and humour kept it racing along and Boyle proves again that he's the most talented/stylish director in the UK......a terrific and slightly unexpected treat...8/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45486 on: May 29, 2017, 09:59:22 pm »
finally got around to Trainspotting 2 ....to be honest, wasn't expecting much due to some mediocre / sniffy reviews....but absolutely fuckin loved it....an absorbing study of middle aged angst, warped nostalgia, male menopause, friendship and regret ....the caper, soundtrack and humour kept it racing along and Boyle proves again that he's the most talented/stylish director in the UK......a terrific and slightly unexpected treat...8/10

Exactly how I saw it. Pretty much wrote it off beforehand as the idea sounded terrible. Love films that defy expectations.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45487 on: May 31, 2017, 02:09:08 am »
Life 2017 1080p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45488 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44:49 am »
Watched Life and A Cure for Wellness last night. Thought both were fantastic and would recommend either :wave

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45489 on: May 31, 2017, 12:13:34 pm »
Trainspotting 2 was serviceable, and it did have its moments where it struck a cord, more so than most films lately, so for that I'd say it did what it set out to do. I think it was as good as it possibly could have been, even though I got the feeling throughout that it was a film, and a story, that didn't really necessarily have to be told. It's main strength playing off nostalgia, although to be fair to it, it was self-aware of this. It was never going to, or even attempt, to try and recapture the mood and the themes of the first film. Where the characters are now compared to back then made sense logistically. Having Renton, Sickboy and co. carry on like a bunch of early 20 somethings, doing silly shit, just wouldn't have made sense. There was a couple of instances of that in T2, which to me were the weakest parts of it. The main criticism I have with it, though, is that the story overall felt a little bit too contrived just to get the group all back together again, but again, that's just a result of making a sequel to something that really never asked for it to begin with.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #45490 on: June 1, 2017, 10:50:58 am »
Agree completely. Although, that "choose life...." scene was cringey for me. It felt forced, over-acted and unnecessary. I know he tried to tie it up with T1 but it was just cringey.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45491 on: June 1, 2017, 12:06:31 pm »
So Wonder Woman is getting decent reviews... Might go and see it now.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #45492 on: June 1, 2017, 01:55:23 pm »
So Wonder Woman is getting decent reviews... Might go and see it now.

Just watched it.

It's decent, but still pretty dumb. Some of the action is great but other bits are hilariously poorly done. It's probably the best DC have had to offer since Nolan's movies, but that's not saying much at all.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45493 on: June 1, 2017, 10:31:29 pm »
Just back from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 and it is brilliant.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #45494 on: June 1, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »
Agree completely. Although, that "choose life...." scene was cringey for me. It felt forced, over-acted and unnecessary. I know he tried to tie it up with T1 but it was just cringey.

see, I thought it was one of the best scenes in the movie......rewound and played it back a few times so i could catch all of the barbed comments and found myself nodding along to virtually every one of them...a vital cog in the film for me seeing as the original manifesto was so crucial to the first movie and even more so to Welsh's original novel.....brought up to date wittily and sarcastically and delivered wonderfully by McGregor....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45495 on: June 2, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »
Watched Life last night. Felt like it was written by some teenager for his GCSE coursework. Hollywood seems to have a penchant for dumb as fuck scientists, who aren't very scientific about stuff. It was shite.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #45496 on: June 3, 2017, 02:14:05 am »
Jack Reacher - whatever it was called.

Shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45497 on: June 3, 2017, 07:15:25 am »
Fist Fight:

There will come a day when I get bored of Charlie Day doing Charlie Day things and Ice Cube doing Ice Cube things. Today is not that day.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45498 on: June 3, 2017, 12:20:02 pm »

Pretty much my take on it, ta for typing it out mate, hehe
@Yvanicuzz

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45499 on: June 3, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »
Hollywood remake Sleepless. Watch original Nuit Blanche instead.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #45500 on: June 3, 2017, 08:53:39 pm »
Just been to see Pirates - Salazars Revenge. Enjoyed it, Javier Bardem plays the character really well, some great affects in there, Paul McCartney has a bit part, probably the best of the series for me.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #45501 on: June 3, 2017, 09:50:20 pm »
Any good comedies you seen recently? I'm all ears.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #45502 on: June 4, 2017, 12:21:36 am »
John Wick 2

I don't know why because I usually don't like fight gun car chase revenge movies (theres tooooo many) but this is ace, as good as the first I think

Theyre more noir and nuanced - more like a sophisticated Kingsmen without the comedy or camp
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #45503 on: June 4, 2017, 07:31:13 am »
John Wick 2

I don't know why because I usually don't like fight gun car chase revenge movies (theres tooooo many) but this is ace, as good as the first I think

Theyre more noir and nuanced - more like a sophisticated Kingsmen without the comedy or camp

Completely agree. Loved it as good or even better than first one. The ending was interesting and sets things nicely for third installation.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45504 on: June 4, 2017, 12:44:05 pm »
Life 2017 1080p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

Is this a decent copy? The ones on Kodi are shite.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45505 on: June 4, 2017, 12:48:19 pm »
Is this a decent copy? The ones on Kodi are shite.

There's a better one now without the hard-coded subs.

Life 2017 1080p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

The quality should be perfect though I haven't watched it yet.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #45506 on: June 4, 2017, 12:59:36 pm »
There's a better one now without the hard-coded subs.

Life 2017 1080p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

The quality should be perfect though I haven't watched it yet.

Copy is spot on, crap film though   :-X

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #45507 on: June 4, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »

Mindhorn was decent
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45508 on: June 5, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »

I haven't seen a genuine belly laugh comedy since Black Dynamite. All shitty sequels and formulaic garbage.

It's a genre that needs a real kick up the ass. Seen plenty of mildly amusing films but nothing special.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45509 on: June 5, 2017, 06:19:34 pm »
A Monster Calls is very very good.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45510 on: June 5, 2017, 07:26:08 pm »
Saw wonder woman...was expecting more.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45511 on: June 5, 2017, 07:26:41 pm »
Saw wonder woman...was expecting more.

She is fit as fuck though.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #45512 on: June 5, 2017, 08:10:40 pm »
Watched 'Jawbone' last night.... Really enjoyed it..

The film starts with Jimmy McCabe (Johnny Harris) having reached rock bottom,
viewing the world through the bottom of a vodka bottle and close to eviction from his late mother's flat.
When he hits rock bottom he turns to his childhood boxing club and the only family he has left:
gym owner Bill, corner man Eddie and promoter Joe
Ray winstone and Ian mcshane are excellent but it's Michael smiley who takes the plaudits as Jimmy seeks some kind of redemption.
Well worth searching out..  8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3582020/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45513 on: June 5, 2017, 08:27:57 pm »
Watched 'Jawbone' last night.... Really enjoyed it..

The film starts with Jimmy McCabe (Johnny Harris) having reached rock bottom,
viewing the world through the bottom of a vodka bottle and close to eviction from his late mother's flat.
When he hits rock bottom he turns to his childhood boxing club and the only family he has left:
gym owner Bill, corner man Eddie and promoter Joe
Ray winstone and Ian mcshane are excellent but it's Michael smiley who takes the plaudits as Jimmy seeks some kind of redemption.
Well worth searching out..  8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3582020/

Wow this ones passed me by. Love boxing films and the actors involved so definitely gunna watch it.

Edit

Watched it. Thought it was excellent. A raw film. No glitz. No bombastic soundtrack, unnecessary tacked on love interest, stupid fight sequences or endless flashbacks and montages,

Even films I have liked ... Warrior for instance, ruined by a few events that were laughable.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2017, 12:23:06 am by CrasherKid79 »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45514 on: June 10, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »
A Monster Calls is very very good.

Can only echo this.

Watched it today and it's absoloutely fantastic.

Felicity Jones and Sigourney Weaver are brilliant, as is Neeson as the monster, but the stand out has to be the young lad. Only his second ever film and he carries the entire thing like he's been acting for years.

A heart wrenching, coming of age film that really does need to be seen.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45515 on: June 11, 2017, 10:55:50 am »
Wonderful film indeed. A lot of the film's weight was thrown to the kid and handled it brilliantly.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45516 on: June 11, 2017, 09:56:09 pm »
Can only echo this.

Watched it today and it's absoloutely fantastic.

Felicity Jones and Sigourney Weaver are brilliant, as is Neeson as the monster, but the stand out has to be the young lad. Only his second ever film and he carries the entire thing like he's been acting for years.

A heart wrenching, coming of age film that really does need to be seen.

Got my 14 year old the book the other day too. Its a good family watch that visits those things we fear to speak of, terminal illness.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #45517 on: June 11, 2017, 09:57:06 pm »
Going to watching Gold now, shall report back.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #45518 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:38 am »
Just watched 'My Name is Lenny'..  8)  .. Enjoyed it from start to finish  ;)  .. I know it's each to there own but hey, give it a whirl  :wave

The life story of one of Britain's most notorious bare-knuckle fighters, Lenny McLean, also known as "the Guv'nor."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024521/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45519 on: June 12, 2017, 08:35:05 am »
Life was rather shit I reckon. You'd think Gylenhal would maybe save it but with such premise and plot...nope.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.