Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 343285 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2017, 01:22:49 am »
I think the paradigm of 'we need a 20 goal number 9' is not how we play now. The whole point of Klopp's style is blitzkrieg football. We'll get better when two things get better, speed of foot and speed of thought.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2017, 05:54:40 pm »
Yeah!!! (And tight of defence, increase of depth, etc)

While I think you're correct in that pace and better decision making is crucial, it's not a slight on firmino to say he's maybe better up front against some opponents than others. He's up there with the best strikers in the league against teams who like to play expansive football. But there definitely are better options against low block teams imo.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 1, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »
Looking a whole lot healthier now. Crucially, United and Arsenal still have these difficult games left, while our remaining opponents are no higher than 8th

Arsenal   - Man City (A) Spurs (A) Man United (H)

Man Utd   - Chelsea (H) Arsenal (A) Spurs (A) Man City (A)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 1, 2017, 05:12:58 pm »
Looking a whole lot healthier now. Crucially, United and Arsenal still have these difficult games left, while our remaining opponents are no higher than 8th

They play City at home.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 1, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »
They play City at home.

Blame Alan for that. I just copied and pasted from his OP  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #205 on: April 1, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »

Exactly the sort of games we have strangely struggled in this season

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 1, 2017, 05:33:47 pm »
Exactly the sort of games we have strangely struggled in this season

Although we have won most of them in the previous games.

Bournemouth - lost 4-3.
Stoke - won 4-1.
West Brom - won 2-1.
Crystal Palace - won 4-2.
Watford - won 6-1.
Southampton - drew 0-0.
West Ham - drew 2-2.
Middlesbrough - won 3-0.

And that loss to Bournemouth was more due to us shutting off and letting them back into the game more than anything.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: April 1, 2017, 05:34:33 pm »
They play City at home.

No its at City.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #208 on: April 1, 2017, 05:36:34 pm »

All about points on the board.

Still work to be done because we have a few tricky games left but honestly think we'll only need to win four of the last eight to finish top 4.

With the fixtures United and Arsenal have I really can't see either putting a big winning run together.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 1, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »
No its at City.

Yep, Thursday 27th.

Want an Arsenal win tomorrow, they'll knock the invincibles back to 6th.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 1, 2017, 06:07:16 pm »

That worries me, though,

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 1, 2017, 06:07:24 pm »
Still very worried about finishing 4th and getting a qualifier. With today's results i'm hoping for better than 4th.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #212 on: April 1, 2017, 06:07:28 pm »
Yep, Thursday 27th.

Want an Arsenal win tomorrow, they'll knock the invincibles back to 6th.
Think she means Arsenal play City at home.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #213 on: April 1, 2017, 06:08:41 pm »
All about points on the board.

Still work to be done because we have a few tricky games left but honestly think we'll only need to win four of the last eight to finish top 4.

With the fixtures United and Arsenal have I really can't see either putting a big winning run together.
Yernited unlikely with their schedule. Arsenal tend to finish strongly, think they might come again.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 1, 2017, 06:09:53 pm »
That worries me, though,

Look at my post a few above yours, almost none of them were teams we lost to, and the one loss was more due to us letting them back into the game more than anything.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 1, 2017, 06:17:31 pm »
Look at my post a few above yours, almost none of them were teams we lost to, and the one loss was more due to us letting them back into the game more than anything.

Yep and 24 goals for, 10 against in the same fixtures is impressive, not saying it will happen again, but we can do very well from these fixtures.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #216 on: April 1, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »
Yernited unlikely with their schedule. Arsenal tend to finish strongly, think they might come again.

They've 11 games left. 22 points and we'll need 14 from our last 8 to be sure to finish above them. Granted I'm just making up points totals without too much thought but can't see them picking up much more than that. Then again, if they win tomorrow they could be rejuvenated.

Definitely rather be in our position than United or Arsenal's though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 1, 2017, 06:23:57 pm »
Arsenal's remaining games this season are against City, West Ham, Palace, Boro, Leicester, Spurs, Man Utd, Stoke and Everton, in that order. Both they and Utd have the toughest run in's on paper, which a major problem for them.

That said, by May teams like Stoke could be mentally on the beach so they may not be as tough as they look.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 1, 2017, 06:26:21 pm »
Think she means Arsenal play City at home.

Yes that would make more sense.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 1, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »
United also have to play most of the top six as well as have a congested April, along with their injuries as well. I can see them getting more injuries within the next month as well.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #220 on: April 1, 2017, 06:31:42 pm »
They've 11 games left. 22 points and we'll need 14 from our last 8 to be sure to finish above them. Granted I'm just making up points totals without too much thought but can't see them picking up much more than that. Then again, if they win tomorrow they could be rejuvenated.

Definitely rather be in our position than United or Arsenal's though.
Without a doubt.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 1, 2017, 06:32:44 pm »
Any news on Mane?

If he's out along with the others it will be a blow for our top 4 chance.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 1, 2017, 06:33:43 pm »
Any news on Mane?

If he's out along with the others it will be a blow for our top 4 chance.

Probably won't be anything new now until tomorrow at the earliest, but from what people are saying, it's very likely that his injury is much more minor than first feared.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 1, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »
Probably won't be anything new now until tomorrow at the earliest, but from what people are saying, it's very likely that his injury is much more minor than first feared.

Good I hoped that theatrical collapse was for the bitters

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #224 on: April 1, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
Vs Top 7 this season

P12   W7 D5 L0   20:10

It's just a ridiculous almost unprecedented effort vs top teams for us and also it's not just a one-off under Klopp, we've seen something similar last season. This really, really bodes well for our potential CL campaign next season because we're really, really good and consistent against teams that want to pass the ball around on the deck. It's just a shame that such a valiant effort vs top teams in the league will go to waste  because we couldn't figure out other teams in the league that play more direct.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #225 on: April 1, 2017, 07:17:35 pm »
Points on the board feel very important at this stage, some big games for/between our rivals including this week coming up. Hope Chelsea can pick themselves up against City and same for the bitters against United. Think third feels within our reach if we can continue to keep finding different ways to win games - for me that's the been the standout in the last month or so, different types of performances and points on the board. Think Origi's goal will be massive for him and us in the next few weeks, particularly with Mane being unavailable against Bournemouth. Similarly it was great to see Lucas and Can working it out with Lallana being unavailable. Hopeful we can get 3rd and starting to feel confident of at least getting fourth.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #226 on: April 1, 2017, 07:22:48 pm »
Although we have won most of them in the previous games.

Bournemouth - lost 4-3.
Stoke - won 4-1.
West Brom - won 2-1.
Crystal Palace - won 4-2.
Watford - won 6-1.
Southampton - drew 0-0.
West Ham - drew 2-2.
Middlesbrough - won 3-0.

And that loss to Bournemouth was more due to us shutting off and letting them back into the game more than anything.

Everton were piss poor today, they basically setup terribly gave us the midfield and created very little from open play. The thing is though that they caused havoc from set pieces. We are incredibly weak at defending set pieces, we are a small team who have players who completely switch off.

If you were going to look for fixtures that are likely to expose that weakness then Stoke, West Brom, Watford and West Ham all away from home would be right up there.

Get a weak Ref and those games can turn into turgid set piece battles.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 1, 2017, 07:24:47 pm »
The psychological advantage we have over Arsenal and Man U could be huge. They could be level if they win their games in hand but with so few games left they know there is no room to slip up.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #228 on: April 1, 2017, 07:27:34 pm »
Blame Alan for that. I just copied and pasted from his OP  ;D

Sorry - I'll change the OP.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 1, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »
The psychological advantage we have over Arsenal and Man U could be huge. They could be level if they win their games in hand but with so few games left they know there is no room to slip up.

United already slipped up by not beating West Brom today. ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 1, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
Draw tomorrow would be good for us, basically draws whenever our competitors play amongst themselves.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 1, 2017, 08:18:44 pm »
United drawing was big. They can only draw level with a worse goal difference and difficult games to play. I'd go for a draw between Arsenal and City tomorrow. Puts a bit of clear water between Arsenal and us and City not too far ahead.

Every game is big now until the end of the season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline NO COUTINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #232 on: April 1, 2017, 08:20:58 pm »
hm, if chelsea don't win against city and united in their upcoming matches this could turn into an interesting title race.. for spurs that is
Barcelona BEATEN, Liverpool TRIUMPHANT, Messi MASHED on Merseyside

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 1, 2017, 08:21:05 pm »
Everton were piss poor today, they basically setup terribly gave us the midfield and created very little from open play. The thing is though that they caused havoc from set pieces. We are incredibly weak at defending set pieces, we are a small team who have players who completely switch off.

If you were going to look for fixtures that are likely to expose that weakness then Stoke, West Brom, Watford and West Ham all away from home would be right up there.

Get a weak Ref and those games can turn into turgid set piece battles.

It we could like, win them.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 1, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
hm, if chelsea don't win against city and united in their upcoming matches this could turn into an interesting title race.. for spurs that is

You mean the team we're only four points behind?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: April 1, 2017, 08:22:59 pm »

Spurs are not dynamic enough to win the league.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 1, 2017, 08:23:56 pm »
United already slipped up by not beating West Brom today. ;D

Yes but  that slip means that they lost the advantage that they had over us, we still need help from elsewhere to finish above them on points.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #237 on: April 1, 2017, 08:30:02 pm »
United drawing was big. They can only draw level with a worse goal difference and difficult games to play. I'd go for a draw between Arsenal and City tomorrow. Puts a bit of clear water between Arsenal and us and City not too far ahead.

Every game is big now until the end of the season.

I think tomorrow is basically do or die for Arsenal. I expect it to be a similar game to when we played City after their CL exit. After all the bad press during the week they will be desperate to come out and show they are behind the manager and not to blame.

If they aren't a goal or two up after half an hour then I would expect City to run all over them.

A win though and they are the type of team who can get on a run towards the end of the season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 1, 2017, 08:31:25 pm »
I'd much rather be in our position than any of our rivals for the top 4 but I still think there's going to be some twists and turns along the line somewhere. I'd love to see us go and win the next 5 games and secure CL comfortably but we never do it the easy way.

Man Utd's injuries are starting to pile up and with the EL still on for them I can see them resting players for that and concentrating on trying to win it to try and get CL that way.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 1, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »
Yes but  that slip means that they lost the advantage that they had over us, we still need help from elsewhere to finish above them on points.

They're six points behind us, with a sizeable injury list and a very busy April ahead. They also have to play most of the top six. They aren't as much a danger as the other teams are.