Author Topic: Russia's involvement  (Read 6903 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Russia's involvement
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:54 am »
in yet another foreign country, even worse, planned to kill the prime minister, in order to overthrow the government and prevent it joining NATO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/russias-deadly-plot-overthrow-montenegros-government-assassinating/

Just reittirating what they are prepared to do and have been doing in the last several years in Europe and around the world. Majorly concerning and alarming. From the war in Ukraine, to their involement in Syria, the election in the US, etc.. there is a long fucking list.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Russia's involvement
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:19:48 am »
Here's more:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/reconstruction-full-incredible-story-behind-russias-deadly-plot/

Insane absolutely insane

Anyone still denying that they had no involvement in the US election needs their head checked

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:22:04 am »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 02:33:44 am »
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/world/europe/russia-ukraine-fake-news-dutch-vote.html

and whilst they're doing this, flexing their muscle, Agent Orange is dying his hair.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 04:06:22 am »
I know I'm a sap and all that but I won't believe shit until I've seen just the slightest bit of evidence.
This sentence is not provable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 04:54:31 am »
I know I'm a sap and all that but I won't believe shit until I've seen just the slightest bit of evidence.

Ukraine is an example. What more do you need to see?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:13 am »

I think that's fair.

One of the better overviews I've seen of the US hacks was in Ars Technica last year. It's worth noting that Republicans and even, on occasions, Trump himself have accepted the view of their intelligence agencies that the hack originated with the Russian state. This is on top of the groups external to the US government which support that view.

https://arstechnica.com/security/2016/12/the-public-evidence-behind-claims-russia-hacked-for-trump/
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 11:48:03 am »
Vice president of Russia seems to have directly been involved in the Russian doping scandal...  happy days..

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4238208/Russia-2018-World-Cup-boss-new-doping-scandal.html
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »
Ukraine is an example. What more do you need to see?

Zeb and Conocinico are both right to demand supporting evidence and each case should be examined on it's own merits. What happened in Ukraine doesn't mean the same thing is happening elsewhere.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 12:51:38 pm »
At least FIFA is ok with Russia, so they can't be that bad, right?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »
At least FIFA is ok with Russia, so they can't be that bad, right?

;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »
Putin is a psychopath and megalomanic.

In a different era, he would be another Hitler / Stalin.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 03:52:28 pm »
Putin is a psychopath and megalomanic.

In a different era, he would be another Hitler / Stalin.

I agree, scary times we live in

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »
Stalin with a 2nd life is the best description,this guy doesn't give a fuck.

Makes me wish Reagan was around in his pomp.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:20:33 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »
The Pool says Russia has just decriminalised domestic violence.

https://www.the-pool.com/news-views/latest-news/2017/6/russia-just-decriminalised-domestic-violence
so weak men can beat their wives and kids and pretend to be alpha males, great.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:57:53 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 04:39:26 pm »
The Pool says Russia has just decriminalised domestic violence.

https://www.the-pool.com/news-views/latest-news/2017/6/russia-just-decriminalised-domestic-violence
Saw that on the BBC news last week was around a 10 minute report on it with interviews from women nearly killed by their husbands,one was a woman who was left for dead in a forest after her husband and his friend stabbed her repeatedly,she became a tattoo artist and covers up the scars of  battered woman.

Simply shocking how it passed legislation and by a landslide as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:41:46 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 04:59:39 pm »
Somebody should bring THAT up the next time they get Trump one to one
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »
It truly is terrible when a global power uses nefarious means to affect elections.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »
It truly is terrible when a global power uses nefarious means to affect elections.
Britain did it.

To the US during WWII. 

True story.  We shouldn't forget that..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 06:18:59 pm »

Us and the US have done so or more than one occasion.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 06:48:16 pm »
Us and the US have done so or more than one occasion.

You're right but that doesn't mean we should ignore the latest trend. Russia are doing what they have done for decades, even centuries.

We are pretty safe but if I was in the Baltic states or the Balkans I'd be looking over my shoulder.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
You're right but that doesn't mean we should ignore the latest trend. Russia are doing what they have done for decades, even centuries.

We are pretty safe but if I was in the Baltic states or the Balkans I'd be looking over my shoulder.

You're reading something more into my post, than what I actually said.

We shouldn't ignore what Russia are up to at all.

I have many friends from the Baltic states, I'm more aware than most about the situation over there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 09:49:42 pm »

The Balkans are like a volcano ready to erupt [I'm from there], anything can cause it go tits up again, and Russia could be that.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 05:48:06 pm »
The Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaliy Churkin has died suddenly in New York.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 08:52:45 pm »
The Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaliy Churkin has died suddenly in New York.
Have Fox got CCTV footage of a Muslim with an umbrella near him?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:01 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 05:08:00 pm »
Now colluding with their fellow fascists from Germany:

The head of the right-wing nationalist Alternative for Germany (AfD), Frauke Petry, has held talks in Moscow with MPs close to President Vladimir Putin and with Russian ultra-nationalists.

She met State Duma (lower house) Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin and his deputy Pyotr Tolstoy.

German officials have warned that Russia could try to influence voting in September's general election.

The AfD campaigns against what it calls the "Islamisation" of Germany.

Firebrand nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky - a fierce critic of Nato and Western liberals - was among the MPs who met Ms Petry. His Liberal Democratic Party is politically close to United Russia, the pro-Putin party that dominates Russian politics.

The AfD opposes Chancellor Angela Merkel's liberal immigration policy and her tough stance on Russia, instead calling for a new rapprochement with Moscow.

That echoes the French National Front (FN) position towards Mr Putin. FN leader Marine Le Pen has also forged links with pro-Putin Russian MPs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39037936

Thankfully, they're languishing below 10% in the polls. Not sure any amount of Russian interference will change that significantly.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 06:38:16 pm »
Have their been any credible reports of them dabbling in brexit vote?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 07:12:31 pm »
Have their been any credible reports of them dabbling in brexit vote?

That was Tom Watson mate.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »
Are you really that surprised,all great powers doing this kind of shit for centuries and will continue as long as human civilization exists.Big one decide while small fish need to follow their lead.Law of the stronger.In some way i even understand Russians,Nato is basically on their doorstep,how do you think America would react if Russians station their troops in Mexico or Canada.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:21:33 pm by kaiser franz »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »
Are you really that surprised,all great powers doing this kind of shit for centuries and will continue as long as human civilization exists.Big one decide while small fish need to follow their lead.Law of the stronger.In some way i even understand Russians,Nato is basically on their doorstep,how do you think America would react if Russians station their troops in Mexico or Canada.

Feels like you're forgetting a big moment in 20th Century history there.

I suppose one major difference is that the (democratically elected) leader of Estonia isn't advocating that NATO nukes Russia.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:40:13 pm by Classycara »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 11:43:01 pm »
Word's fail

Russia builds replica Reichstag so children can recreate 1945 victory

Defence minister says model will allow re-enactment of Red Army’s capture of Berlin in 1945 – a patriotic rallying point for Putin

Shaun Walker Moscow correspondent

The Russian defence ministry is constructing a replica of the Reichstag at a military theme park on the outskirts of Moscow, to allow patriotic Russian children to recreate the storming of the building during the Soviet capture of Berlin in 1945.

Russia’s defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, announced the plan for the replica during a speech to the Duma, Russia’s parliament, on Wednesday.

“We are constructing the Reichstag in Patriot Park,” he said. “Not in full, but still. Now our Youth Army guys can storm not just any old thing but the actual building.”

The Youth Army was created in 2015, to allow children as young as 10 to receive basic military training and “patriotic education”.
President Vladimir Putin’s opening of Patriot Park the same year fits into a pattern of rising Russian nationalism following the 2014 annexation of Crimea.

The park also features copies of Russian military hardware, as well as exhibition space, shops and military-themed video games. In recent years, the Soviet victory in the second world war has become a key part of Putin’s ideology, used as a national rallying point. Victory Day on 9 May has become one of the most celebrated days in the Russian calendar.

The raising of the Soviet flag atop the Reichstag is one of the most iconic Soviet images of the fall of Berlin. On Victory Day 2015, the Kremlin-backed leader of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, had a mock-up of the Reichstag constructed in the centre of Grozny. Soldiers in period Soviet uniforms rushed towards it, shooting costumed Nazis dead as they went. After the building was “seized”, the Soviet soldiers marched Nazi soldiers through the streets and tossed swastika flags and other Nazi banners at Kadyrov’s feet.

Shoigu did not specify when the new Reichstag model would be completed, and whether members of the public would also be able to recreate the storming or only members of the Youth Army.

During his speech to the Duma, Shoigu also mentioned that the Russian army now had a cyber-division whose task was to counter foreign propaganda about Russia. Shoigu said counter-propaganda should be “clever, competent and effective”.

There are increasing fears in Europe about potential Russian meddling in elections, after US intelligence agencies accused hackers working for the Russian government of hacking the Democratic party’s servers in the run-up to last November’s US election, apparently with the aim of helping Donald Trump get elected.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/22/russian-replica-to-give-children-chance-to-storm-the-reichstag

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 02:12:08 am »

That depends, in your analogy how much of Mexico/canida did the US invade first???

I think the whole idea of a moral equivalence here is mute, look at the twisted nationalistic, religious, intolerant hell hole that Putin has made Russia in to (not that it was much of a push) his acts of aggression are solely based on keeping the flag waving chest thumping Neanderthal "patriots" happy, because between them and the church, both keep him in power.

The west is not perfect and certainly can act purely in terms of its own self interest but, versus Russia there's no contest we have to assert ourselves, Putin can not be allowed to drag that region down unopposed, we can't allow him that inch because the miles that follow could be very bad for us all.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 03:50:36 am »
Their ambassadors are dropping like flies
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 03:01:46 pm »
The Washington Post has a pair of very interesting articles this weekend about the current situation in Belarus, which is very much impacted by what goes on in Russia.

There is this article by LSE Senior Visiting Fellow Peter Pomerantsev, as well as an additional article about protests during the weekend.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 05:36:06 pm »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 06:14:12 pm »
Very interesting conversation between Sam Harris and Anne Applebaum on the Waking Up podcast.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X9D3556m4PQ&amp;feature=push-u&amp;attr_tag=Ub0B0PzgaZZ3X2S6-6" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X9D3556m4PQ&amp;feature=push-u&amp;attr_tag=Ub0B0PzgaZZ3X2S6-6</a>

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:19 am »
Very interesting interview. Her book Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe is great. I believe tend to lean conservative (she says she is centre-right), but as a rational one, who has no time for what she terms as "the conservative media entertainment complex" and the anti-intellectualism of the contemporary GOP.