Author Topic: Eurovision 2017  (Read 13643 times)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Eurovision 2017
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »
Well, it's rolling around to that time of year again. Will we win? Get runner up? Top 6 and qualify for Euro... no wait, wrong competition.

The Guardian have a helpful summary of the prospective UK entries here:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/23/the-uks-eurovision-songs-are-in-and-we-are-doomed

Nothing I'd choose to listen to, and apparently they're all TV talent show losers, so that bodes well.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Eurovision 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »
Every one of them is an X-factor reject?  Christ.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »
I will say, about 5 years ago, after x factor, I took my kids to Butlins in Bognor and Danyl Johnson was the evening 'entertainment' one night and I went along there (cos it's free) thinking he would be shite and he was actually very, very good.

Was singing live and managed to sing, dance etc and often ran round the whole arena into the crowd (the main area in that place probably holds a couple of thousand) while holding a tune. I'd had a few beers mind but I was surprised at how good he actually was. Given that most of the 'stars' these days have to mime when any form of physical exercise is required it takes a decent effort to be note perfect to 'Forget You' by Cee Lo Green (that's the only song I can remember off the top of my head) while running around at full pelt and high fiving all the kids.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:36 pm »
I'd be amazed if we finish anywhere other than bottom this year. Probably with nil points as well.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 12:12:28 am »
I'd be amazed if we finish anywhere other than bottom this year. Probably with nil points as well.
Nailed on.
But it long ago ceased to be anything about good tunes and good music.
And you only have to hear the utter shite we enter into it every year to understand that.
I honestly don't know why the mainstream BBC bother with showing it anymore, it's become a somewhat niche audience.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:10 am »
So we choose our song tonight on BBC2.

Better get some drink in.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:08:28 pm »
Well, that was dire.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »
So which idiot is going to embarrass themselves and the nation further this year?

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 03:04:44 pm »
Apparently loads of the senior producers have quit organising the show, they wrote in a letter than work was halted on it for a couple of months last year, this coming midst rumours that Ukraine are having issues funding it and their use of an 11th century church for the opening ceremony has been denounced as blasphemous.

I blame Russian hackers...

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #9 on: March 8, 2017, 08:39:34 am »
Romania bravely trying to win with yodelling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpFdUoMjf3w

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 08:00:38 am »
Almost all the entrants have been selected now, just got Bulgaria to wait for (today).

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 12:00:20 pm »
We have a Eurovision party in ours every year.

Get a bunch of family and friends over, order some food in, do a bit of a raffle and then, just as it's about to start, all the lads go down to the pub whilst the girls watch the show. Superb.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 03:42:05 pm »
Ukraine authorities have placed a travel ban on the Russian entrant, as she's been on tour in the Crimea.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/mar/22/ukraine-bans-russia-eurovision-entrant-over-crimea-tour

And you thought World War 3 would be started over something important...

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »
I'll be watching for one reason alone. The return of EPIC SAX GUY (and violin douche guy) -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QecWkJWB7zI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QecWkJWB7zI</a>
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 08:41:04 am »
It isn't worth watching any more since Terry Wogan departed the building     :(

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 12:03:11 pm »
I couldn't stand Wogan's snarkiness towards the end of his tenure and I'm not happy that Graham Norton essentially just does a tribute act. I prefer watching the semis as Mel Giedroyc actually seems to like the competition and sees some merit in the non-UK entries.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 12:07:21 pm »
I'll be watching for one reason alone. The return of EPIC SAX GUY (and violin douche guy) -

Yeah, I quite like that one.

Heavy favourite at this stage is Italy:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpc3fcrNJQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpc3fcrNJQ</a>

When I first heard it I wasn't too taken but it's a bit catchy and has massively grown on me. He's also apparently been heavily touring it, doing all the promos around Europe etc, getting it onto the radio. I was in Italy the other weekend and heard it within 5 minutes of getting on the first coach.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »
And the Yanks are getting it now.  ;D

Eurovision 2017 To Air in the US On Logo http://deadline.com/2017/04/eurovision-song-contest-2017-us-logo-1202078444?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Eurovision Song Contest, the longest-running annual international TV song competition, will be broadcast in the U.S. for a second consecutive year. Viacom’s Logo, which carried the Grand Finale live last year, will do it again for the upcoming  62nd edition of the contest, known for catchy pop tunes, extravagant costumes and over-the-top production values. The three-and-a-half-hour 2017 Grand Final will air live and commercial free on Saturday, May 13 at 12 PM PT.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2017, 03:53:17 pm »
First semi final tonight at 8 on BBC4. Always good for a laugh this :D

Countries singing tonight are: Sweden, Georgia, Australia, Albania, Belgium, Montenegro, Finland, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Greece, Poland, Moldova, Iceland, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Armenia, Slovenia, Latvia.

Countries singing on Thursday are: Serbia, Austria, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Romania, The Netherlands, Hungary, Denmark, Ireland, San Marino, Croatia, Norway, Switzerland, Belarus, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Israel.

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Ukraine and United Kingdom are already qualified for Saturday's final.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 01:55:30 pm »
I was susprised throughout both semis as the majority of the songs I like made it through. I'm hoping for an Italy win, with strong showings for Moldova, Norway and Romania. Travesty if that Bulgarian song wins, it could send me to sleep.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 05:30:32 pm »
What time does this car crash start mate?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:37:14 pm »
8pm.  Got some space cakes lined up for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 05:53:57 pm »
Cheers mate.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »
8pm.  Got some space cakes lined up for it.

:D

Few years back, myself and a couple of mates got completely mullered watching Eurovision. Gary Abletts, a bong and a couple creates of lager. We were meant to go out to meet others, never made it, to engrossed in Eurovision.

It was the Gina G year, brilliant night.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
and here's me thinking the day couldnt get any worse...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2017, 07:25:31 pm »
Brilliant can't wait for this always a great watch

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 07:28:00 pm »
Sometimes you really do give me AWWYC vibes.  But even he had more class.  :D

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 07:29:20 pm »
Sometimes you really do give me AWWYC vibes.  But even he had more class.  :D
The Eurovision is my guilty pleasure

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 08:38:07 pm »
Epic sax guy is back ;D

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2017, 08:50:40 pm »
Where is Crosby Nick?  He's usually all over this.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 08:51:16 pm »
It's been nothing short of awful thus far.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 08:53:10 pm »
Dancing Monkey to win, every day

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 08:53:52 pm »

Isn't it always? Italy the big favourite and you get a guy in a gorilla suit dancing on stage.  It was the best thing about the song, mind you.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »

It's always a load of shite, that's the fun of it :D

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »
Thought Gareth Bale was injured

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 08:56:38 pm »
Wtf is this. It's dreadful ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »
Where is Crosby Nick?  He's usually all over this.

He's in Acton these days
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »

One of the favourites  :o

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 08:57:37 pm »

Italy and Portgual supposedly the two big favourites, thought both were utter shite :lmao