Author Topic: Liverpool v Real Madrid Legends March 25th  (Read 17322 times)

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid Legends March 25th
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2017, 02:45:19 pm »
That Stevie looks a player.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:27 pm »
I bet Agger would've done a better job than some of our current CBs this year, injuries permitting. Unfortunately, injuries rarely permitted for Agger.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2017, 12:05:04 pm »
I bet Roberto Carlos would have scored at least one world class goal for us, in a derby, Kop end and celebrated like a nutter.

Maybe.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2017, 12:42:04 pm »
Stevie back for the season as a super sub please.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2017, 12:43:58 pm »

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:51 pm »

Scholes did it so why can't Stevie?  :D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2017, 03:39:33 pm »
Enjoyed that - even if the average age of those legends sides did even make this 29 year old feel old!

Great sunny day for the occasion and a couple of lovely tributes to Ronnie Moran.

---

Thought that Michel Salgado was brilliant!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2017, 06:38:36 pm »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:15 pm »

Kwalitee - would've loved to have seen him in a red shirt when he was still playing - he still looked great in the Legends game on Saturday

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:32 pm »
Just gonna have a read of how the BBC website reported this magnificent occasion and will post the link...............
.....................................................................................

:D
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »
The Dude had a really good game as well. To say he's now a racing driver he was very agile between the sticks. Great to see him back. There's not much you can say about Stevie Gerrard other than he was unique and he illustrates the need to add a genuinely world class player to our midfield. Hendo has been a massive miss for us, but I don't think he'll ever reach that level.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2017, 02:40:43 pm »
From Monday's Echo.

For some, it was the chance to see Steven Gerrard back in action at Anfield.

Others were curious to witness old boys such as Ian Rush and John Aldridge, players they had only seen on archive television clips.

And there were those who couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch Real Madrid greats such as Clarence Seedorf, Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos in the flesh.

Liverpool Legends ultimately triumphed 4-3 over Real Madrid legends on an enjoyableafternoon in aid ofclub charity the LFC Foundation.

But while the action could hardly be described as being legendary - save for some trademark highlights from the returning Gerrard - one aspect of the afternoon was particularly noteworthy.

The attendance.

A total of 53,512 supporters turned up, surpassing any of the previous crowds for a home game this season since the opening of the new Main Stand.

And, as a consequence, it was the largest attendance at Anfield for any event in almost 40 years.

Not since the visit of West Ham United on May 14, 1977, when 55,675 watched the Reds clinch the league title, has the stadium had such a high crowd.

That game ended goalless. At least those at Anfield on Saturday could claim to seeing more goalmouth action - even if the prize at stake wasn't quite as prestigious.

On a side note. Gerrard still had the hunger and desire of old.  He'd deffo still do Liverpool a job in midfield for 20+ games a season if he was required

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2017, 04:22:02 am »
From Monday's Echo.

For some, it was the chance to see Steven Gerrard back in action at Anfield.

Others were curious to witness old boys such as Ian Rush and John Aldridge, players they had only seen on archive television clips.

And there were those who couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch Real Madrid greats such as Clarence Seedorf, Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos in the flesh.

Liverpool Legends ultimately triumphed 4-3 over Real Madrid legends on an enjoyableafternoon in aid ofclub charity the LFC Foundation.

But while the action could hardly be described as being legendary - save for some trademark highlights from the returning Gerrard - one aspect of the afternoon was particularly noteworthy.

The attendance.

A total of 53,512 supporters turned up, surpassing any of the previous crowds for a home game this season since the opening of the new Main Stand.

And, as a consequence, it was the largest attendance at Anfield for any event in almost 40 years.

Not since the visit of West Ham United on May 14, 1977, when 55,675 watched the Reds clinch the league title, has the stadium had such a high crowd.

That game ended goalless. At least those at Anfield on Saturday could claim to seeing more goalmouth action - even if the prize at stake wasn't quite as prestigious.

On a side note. Gerrard still had the hunger and desire of old.  He'd deffo still do Liverpool a job in midfield for 20+ games a season if he was required
I have said for some time now, I wonder what he would be like at centre half, that's if he wants to pull the shirt on...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2017, 02:27:42 pm »
Tunnel cam:

https://youtu.be/e-unFHVCXXk

Thanks, will enjoy watching that.

Watched the second half yday, and they were right, Ronnie would've kicked their arses for thinking the job was done at 4 nil :D

Wish I'd got tickets for this, good entertainment all round and obviously the younger lads like Stevie and Luis Garcia looked trim and in shape. It's a shame we didn't take Morientas for the last 5-10 mins (seeing as Real took our lads!) but I guess we wanted to give Rushie a run out (well I guess it was his decision anyway)!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2017, 03:46:29 am »
Agger is pure class.

It's one of the great Liverpool player tragedies that he didn't have a long career with us, untroubled by injuries.

He's younger than Koscielny, so he could really have been forming a great partnership with Matip in the centre this season. Can you imagine the combined ability of the two of them bringing the ball forward?

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2017, 09:11:33 am »

Kwalitee - would've loved to have seen him in a red shirt when he was still playing - he still looked great in the Legends game on Saturday

What a player and after seeing his interview after the game, what an intelligent man.

Class on and off the pitch.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2017, 05:52:52 pm »
I watched the Inside Anfield video on youtube yesterday. At around 4 minutes it shows Figo kicking the ball against the wall inside the tunnel, warming up. A steward tells him "not bad, not bad". To which Figo holds up the ball and replies: "What is this..a beach ball?"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2017, 05:54:22 pm »
I watched the Inside Anfield video on youtube yesterday. At around 4 minutes it shows Figo kicking the ball against the wall inside the tunnel, warming up. A steward tells him "not bad, not bad". To which Figo holds up the ball and replies: "What is this..a beach ball?"

Steward should of taken the ball off him and told him the walls have just been painted.