Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 18794 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #80 on: December 9, 2016, 10:30:07 pm »
And if he had Aspas we'd have the most goals scored from corners.

and if we had Poulsen, least goals conceded.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2016, 11:53:10 pm »
 should have given Balotelli more time..... :lmao

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2016, 12:09:06 am »
Playing really well this season. We should've given him more time.

Really?

REALLY!!!???

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2016, 01:38:32 am »
People are mental, Klopp wouldn't even let him train and play with the first team, but apparently he's got it all wrong and Mario "I don't defend on corners" Balotelli would be perfect in our system.

Sorry if I sound like a c*nt, but anybody who genuinely thinks Balotelli had any hope whatsoever in this liverpool system and set up hasn't got a clue about football. Watch what Firmino does when he starts upfront, and try to imagine Balotelli filling that role.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:40:36 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2016, 02:35:04 am »
People are mental, Klopp wouldn't even let him train and play with the first team, but apparently he's got it all wrong and Mario "I don't defend on corners" Balotelli would be perfect in our system.

Sorry if I sound like a c*nt, but anybody who genuinely thinks Balotelli had any hope whatsoever in this liverpool system and set up hasn't got a clue about football. Watch what Firmino does when he starts upfront, and try to imagine Balotelli filling that role.
Amen Crosby.

Weird how players suddenly get better when they aren't playing games for us anymore.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2016, 11:09:50 pm »
That line is more delusional than Balotelli's recent line that he'll win the Balon Dor.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2016, 04:15:30 am »
That line is more delusional than Balotelli's recent line that he'll win the Balon Dor.

Tbf it's from a self-confessed tit, so you'd expect nothing else.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2016, 02:00:57 pm »
 :)
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2016, 09:12:35 pm »
Well....yeah.

Point being he's actually scoring, which is something of a surprise. Event in a league like the French one.
He never got much into that in his past. Besides the seasons full of penalties included.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2016, 09:19:27 pm »
Lazy shower of shite who made Sean Dundee look prolific ....so fucking what if he is scoring goals in another league ? He had the opportunity to show the real him and he decided to be the lazy fucker role he had played the previous two years before he came .....did he have one good game for us ?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »
Why is Balotelli at the top of this sub forum all the time.

Don't wish the guy ill, but he was a nondescript player for us.

I'd have more interest talking about Jovanovic, Pellegrini, Kvarme, Piecknik or Mellor than Balotelli. That's how miniscule and insignificant Balotelli's contribution to our team was.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2016, 02:32:45 pm »
Why is Balotelli at the top of this sub forum all the time.

Don't wish the guy ill, but he was a nondescript player for us.

I'd have more interest talking about Jovanovic, Pellegrini, Kvarme, Piecknik or Mellor than Balotelli. That's how miniscule and insignificant Balotelli's contribution to our team was.

Go on and post in their threads then?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2016, 02:45:01 pm »

Incorrect.

I struggle to try and see how people fail to understand that good or talented can simply not "fit" into a system... and vice versa, Balotelli has talent, but also an attitude, it didn't work at Liverpool and other teams but it is working fine for him at the moment, giving him more time at Liverpool wouldn't have turned him into a goalscorer, he'd still be at a club and system that doesn't suit him or him us, it is that simple.

There are example of this in many clubs and players, they go from being prolific to average in a single transfer, not because all of a sudden they are shite, but because they are not comfortable in the new system or team and they can't recreate their form, even the same system and formation but with different players makes a huge difference, it's not hard to understand surely?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2016, 03:01:32 pm »
Would have liked to have had him fit in our system as the lad does have a bag of talent in him, but just wasn't going to work at all.  Happy to see him doing well for another team, no grudges.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2016, 11:30:58 pm »
Lazy shower of shite who made Sean Dundee look prolific ....so fucking what if he is scoring goals in another league ? He had the opportunity to show the real him and he decided to be the lazy fucker role he had played the previous two years before he came .....did he have one good game for us ?

Yes, he did.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2016, 11:37:42 am »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »
Which one?

Spurs away with Sturridge in the diamond. We won 3-0 he looked very good in fairness.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2016, 02:44:42 pm »
Spurs away with Sturridge in the diamond. We won 3-0 he looked very good in fairness.

you mean his very first game for us where he missed 2 sitters?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2016, 02:46:36 pm »
you mean his very first game for us where he missed 2 sitters?

He still played well though, everyone was licking their lips at the thought of him and Sturridge forming a partnership.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2016, 02:53:57 pm »
He came on and pretty much won three games in a row for us around Jan/Feb time that season. He got the winner against Spurs at Anfield; he then came on and, I seem to recall, really helped turn the game around against Crystal Palace a few days later, and then played well and got the winner against Beşiktaş as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:56:19 pm by 007.lankyguy »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »
We would be ten points ahead.
Twenty if we had Suso as well.

If only Teixeira was in the squad for the Europa league.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2016, 07:52:59 pm »
He came on and pretty much won three games in a row for us around Jan/Feb time that season. He got the winner against Spurs at Anfield; he then came on and, I seem to recall, really helped turn the game around against Crystal Palace a few days later, and then played well and got the winner against Beşiktaş as well.

No disrespect mate but the lad was absolute wank for us ......Some of the performances for us were a piss take and if he got jibbed off to train with the ressies or under 8s then i frankly couldnt care less .....If he is stringing any kind of performance together for Nice then that is nice ,but it's probably due to the fact that it's a lesser league and possibly that he may have finally realised that he has missed the buffet at the top tables around europe ( though I'm not entirely convinced of that ) .....
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:55:07 pm by goalspaytherent »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2016, 10:45:08 pm »
No disrespect mate but the lad was absolute wank for us ......Some of the performances for us were a piss take and if he got jibbed off to train with the ressies or under 8s then i frankly couldnt care less .....If he is stringing any kind of performance together for Nice then that is nice ,but it's probably due to the fact that it's a lesser league and possibly that he may have finally realised that he has missed the buffet at the top tables around europe ( though I'm not entirely convinced of that ) .....
You should maybe read the context of the thread. Someone asked if he had any good games for us. I answered. That's it.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2016, 06:08:00 am »
You should maybe read the context of the thread. Someone asked if he had any good games for us. I answered. That's it.

Aah ...gotcha ......He was stil wank though l

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2016, 08:54:44 pm »
He's either been sent off or scored in every game he's played for Nice so far. He was shown a straight red yesterday.

He's 26 now and if he and his agent think he'll ever return to a top club again, then I'll have some of what they're smoking. The lad's got absolutely zero footballing intelligence. Not sure about outside football as well. He showed some promise early on in his career, but as far as I'm conerned he's done fuck all since he left Man City which was a fair few years ago now. I don't think he was ever as good as people either thought him out to be, or expected him to be. Massively overrated.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2017, 10:55:16 pm »
Mario Balotelli was dropped by OGC Nice as Coach Lucien Favre admits the striker doesn’t help out in defence. “What can I do?”

The Italy international had rediscovered his form in Ligue 1 with 11 goals in 18 competitive games for the club.

However, he was benched for Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Saint-Etienne, playing just eight minutes, and risks the sidelines again with Rennes this weekend.

“I don’t want to talk about Mario, because we’ve been discussing his work helping out in defence since the start of the season,” declared Favre in a Press conference.

“We take all the good things that Mario has given us so far, but what can I do? What is a Coach to do? I have to start the best possible line-up based on my ideas.

"Everyone knows this has been an issue hard-wired into his game for years and it will take him a while to adjust.

“I don’t want to hold a press conference just to talk about Balotelli.”

Mario has scored just one goal in the last five Ligue 1 appearances, was sent off in that period and had a one-match ban.
http://www.football-italia.net/98222/nice-frustrated-balotelli

Mario Balotelli “lets his head drop and looks like he wants nothing to do with us,” said Nice teammate Valentin Eysseric.

The Italian was on the bench for last week’s game and today left out officially due to flu symptoms in a 2-2 draw with Rennes.

Eysseric said on Saturday that Balotelli “should think a bit more about the collective and work a bit harder for us. It’s a shame he has this tendency to grumble when things don’t go his way and you see his head drop.”

Today the same player was asked about those comments.

“I’m sorry, but I was honest,” Esysseric told BeIn Sports. “I told the truth. It is a shame he lets his head drop, you see him in training every day. He’s such a great player.

“I think he looks like he wants nothing to do with us. It’s really disappointing. We could’ve really used his help in a game like this.

“We know the coach demands enormous effort from his squad. He won’t accept anyone taking their foot off the gas and you saw that with Mario Balotelli.”
http://www.football-italia.net/98289/balotelli-snubbing-nice

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2017, 01:13:55 pm »
People still think we should have kept him? Klopp had his card marked from day one, he's never going to change
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:13 pm »
Sent off again. He is his own worst enemy, waste of talent.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2017, 09:44:00 am »
Has it been. Informed what he actually said to the referee yet?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:24 pm »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2017, 02:00:49 am »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2017, 03:44:04 am »
Decent season for him but how poor are the defenders in that league?

4 players (Mbappe as well) averaging a goal every 90 mins.

Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2017, 12:53:04 pm »
It's tough to gauge. You could also factor that maybe the league just has a collection of exceptionally good strikers as well. Cavani was prolific in Italy, Falcao - now fit again - is one of the best number 9's of the last 10+ years and Mbappe looks like a once in a generation forward for France.

Like I said it's tough, I think had Zlatan failed spectacularly here then maybe I'd have agreed.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:18 am »
Lad seriously needs to grow up.

Nice coach Lucien Favre slams Mario Balotelli's 'negative performance'

Nice coach Lucien Favre criticised his star striker Mario Balotelli for putting in a "negative performance" as they crashed out of the Champions League at the playoff round on Tuesday.

Balotelli had little impact on the game and was on the sideline at the start of the second half when Napoli scored their first goal of the night en route to a 2-0 win.

The Italian forward was called over for a jewelry infraction and while in the process of having it covered, his side conceded while down to 10 men.

Balotelli had some words for the officials immediately following the goal, and was eventually replaced in the 77th minute with Nice trailing 3-0 on aggregate.

Favre was reluctant to speak about Balotelli after the game, but told Mediaset Premium: "I don't want to talk about his performance. It was a negative performance and he should've come off a lot earlier."

The coach then reiterated that stance in a news conference, saying: "Mario did not play well and I should've replaced him earlier.

"I call it the way I see it, he wasn't good enough tonight. I don't know what happened on the first goal. I just saw there was something between Balotelli and the officials."

http://www.espnfc.com.au/nice/story/3186423/nice-coach-lucien-favre-slams-mario-balotellis-negative-performance
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2017, 11:29:11 am »
Well fancy that, I thought he was gonna win the Ballon D'or whilst he was there as well. Shocker.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2017, 12:46:10 pm »
Saw this last night. Much as I want to see the lad do well he doesn't half let himself down with his juvenile antics.