Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89611 times)

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2017, 02:14:51 pm »
Markovic probably been the best player on the pitch so far vs Arsenal. Looking very direct and pacey and using the ball well.

On another note I really like the look of Robertson at lb.

Markovic won the ball back a few times, and has pressured the Arsenal players too. People confuse a languid style for lazy.

Robertson looks good - rumours in the papers that Klopp thinks so too.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2017, 02:54:04 pm »
markovic operates best when he has space and acres to run into, this has always been the case, and arsenals and the mancs pitches are big, and both those teams pushed for the win, leaving lots of room for him to do his thing.  We, alas, need real wingers, who can operate with minimum space as most teams have decided to let us have the ball, park the bus, watch us suffer for lack of real wingers with close ball control, trickery, movement, invention, turn of speed from standing position.

Glad he's playing well and showcasing what abilities he has against the likes of united and arsenal, but i can only ever see him play sporadically for us, if he stays.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2017, 04:18:30 pm »

Markovic probably been the best player on the pitch so far vs Arsenal. Looking very direct and pacey and using the ball well.

On another note I really like the look of Robertson at lb.

Robertson looked a good defender. I don't remember him having too much impact in the offensive 3rd really but did get forward.

Markovic enjoyed the space Arse was giving him. Will be interesting to see how he does under a good manager at Hull.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:25 pm »
Markovic missed Hull's game today with injury. Can't find any info on the type of injury or how long he'll be out.

I watched the Palace game and Sakho was solid. Boro didn't threaten a lot to be fair but if it weren't for Sakho Palace would have been 1 down in the first half. Stuani brought the ball down and Sakho was wrong side but managed to wrap his foot round and get a touch on the ball to stop a simple tap in. Other than that, it was a fairly straight forward job, got a couple of tackles in, a few nice passes (one that put Tomkins under a fair bit of pressure though), and didn't look like he'd missed 10 months of first team football at all.

Much more reason to watch other PL sides that aren't around us in the table when we aren't playing.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2017, 06:19:43 pm »
Markovic.. injured... as if
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
Markovic.. injured... as if

Hope it's not serious.

On the topic of Markovic how come he got a four match European ban for flicking another players nose (I know he may have had a suspended sentence) and they are debating if Delli Alli should get more than a 1 match ban for a potentially career ending "tackle".

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2017, 10:41:10 am »
Markovic missed Hull's game today with injury. Can't find any info on the type of injury or how long he'll be out.

I read he picked up a slight knock in training so hopefully nothing serious.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2017, 06:57:16 pm »
Chirivella scored for Go Ahead Eagles today.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2017, 07:26:14 pm »
I read he picked up a slight knock in training so hopefully nothing serious.

He played for Hull v the bitters so nothing serious.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2017, 12:59:58 pm »
So Palace fans love Sakho. He's been nominated for PL Player of the Month and Allardyce has attributed his performances as being a big factor to their steadying of the ship as of late.

Realistically, how much do you think we could fleece them for?

There aren't a lot of top notch centre-backs knocking around, lest of all ones you know already fit well in your side/system.

We have no contractual issues to worry about so I could see us comfortably getting Ł20m for him. All money to add to the kitty going forward.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2017, 03:12:44 pm »
So Palace fans love Sakho. He's been nominated for PL Player of the Month and Allardyce has attributed his performances as being a big factor to their steadying of the ship as of late.

Realistically, how much do you think we could fleece them for?

There aren't a lot of top notch centre-backs knocking around, lest of all ones you know already fit well in your side/system.

We have no contractual issues to worry about so I could see us comfortably getting Ł20m for him. All money to add to the kitty going forward.
i couldnt see us getting 20 in january given we pretty much washed our hands of him and he hadnt played for 9 months

but now fully fit and playing well we could fetch that. probably take 18 off palace given they paid us a loan fee and covered his wages.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »
i couldnt see us getting 20 in january given we pretty much washed our hands of him and he hadnt played for 9 months

but now fully fit and playing well we could fetch that. probably take 18 off palace given they paid us a loan fee and covered his wages.

Now that's he's back on the radar playing first team football and doing well, I'm guessing that better clubs than Palace will be after him and we'll get Ł20 for him - presuming he stays fit.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2017, 03:59:46 pm »
Quite a few players out on loan. Can you see any of them coming into the first team squad next year and saving us a few bob in the transfer market? I doubt it.

Mamadou Sakho - Crystal Palace
Cameron Brannagan - Fleetwood Town
Jon Flanagan - Burnley
Ryan Fulton - Chesterfield
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Andre Wisdom - Red Bull Salzburg
Lazar Markovic - Hull City
Danny Ward - Huddersfield
Pedro Chirivella - Go Ahead Eagles
Allan - Hertha Berlin
Taiwo Awoniyi - NEC Nijmegen
Jack Dunn - Tranmere Rovers
Lloyd Jones - Swindon Town
Brooks Lennon - Real Salt Lake

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2017, 04:49:09 pm »
Quite a few players out on loan. Can you see any of them coming into the first team squad next year and saving us a few bob in the transfer market? I doubt it.

Jon Flanagan - Burnley
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Allan - Hertha Berlin

I think Danny Ward could have a strong case to fight for the #2 spot depending on whether the manager gets rid of both or 1 of our currant first and second choice keepers.
I think we all hope Flanno, but seemingly looks unlikely.
If Markovic lights things up at Hull and has a say in keeping them up is there a chance he could come back as a squad player?

The rest some re-loaned and others sold/released.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2017, 04:55:57 pm »
I think Danny Ward could have a strong case to fight for the #2 spot depending on whether the manager gets rid of both or 1 of our currant first and second choice keepers.
I think we all hope Flanno, but seemingly looks unlikely.
If Markovic lights things up at Hull and has a say in keeping them up is there a chance he could come back as a squad player?

The rest some re-loaned and others sold/released.

I think you're raisin some interesting points.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2017, 05:02:43 pm »
definitely need to prune the squad...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2017, 06:26:36 pm »
Gits :D

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2017, 06:52:55 pm »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

Jon Flanagan - Burnley
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Allan - Hertha Berlin

I would keep Flanagan, Kent and Ward in the first team squad next year. Flanagan would provide cover for both full back positions, Kent is highly rated by some and has put in some decent performances for Barnsley. So I'd give him an opportunity as a back up player in our squad next year to see if he can take the step up and I'd have Ward as our No.3 or No.2 depending on who/if we sign as GK.

I'd give Allan another loan and sell the rest. If we can get Ł30m for that I'd count ourselves lucky. Probably be Ł20m. Anyone expecting Sakho to go for more than Ł8-10m is going to be disappointed.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2017, 07:20:53 pm »
Ł15m absolute minimum...

The market is insane...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »
I'd like to see Ward get some premier league experience. It'll probably not be with us. So another loan next season, maybe with Huddersfield if they come up.

Offline Jayworden99

• Kemlynite
  • Up The Reds
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »
I would keep Flanagan, Kent and Ward in the first team squad next year. Flanagan would provide cover for both full back positions, Kent is highly rated by some and has put in some decent performances for Barnsley. So I'd give him an opportunity as a back up player in our squad next year to see if he can take the step up and I'd have Ward as our No.3 or No.2 depending on who/if we sign as GK.

I'd give Allan another loan and sell the rest. If we can get Ł30m for that I'd count ourselves lucky. Probably be Ł20m. Anyone expecting Sakho to go for more than Ł8-10m is going to be disappointed.
Because of the current market wouldn't be surprised if we did get more for Sakho

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2017, 07:40:53 pm »
Will we get a permit for Allan to actually play for us?

he has the infamous "potential". I like him from what i've seen.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2017, 08:00:00 pm »

Jon Flanagan - Burnley
Ryan Kent - Barnsley
Allan - Hertha Berlin

Think the only one that has a future with Liverpool is probably Ward.  He'll potentially be #2 next year.  Everyone else will be sold or loaned out again. 

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2017, 08:37:28 pm »
Flanagan counts as a club trained home grown player for European competition, we have zero of those in the squad this season. I can see him being kept around in the same capacity Connor Randall has been this season - a back up full back who isn't expected to play much.

Ryan Kent is good enough to merit a chance but he would be competing with Woodburn, Ojo, Wilson and any prospective new signings in that area of the pitch which means he may well not get one. Klopp apparently intends to audition Ward, Mignolet and Karius in pre season, so he has every chance. Other than that I think any of those players coming back to the first team squad next season is a very long shot.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2017, 08:39:13 pm »
At the start of the season I felt the plan was for Mignolet to be backup for Karius this season, we'd move him on in the summer for a few million and then Ward would come in to replace Mignolet as backup/competition to Karius.

Karius' poor performances when called upon has made me doubt this plan. I still think Mignolet will be moved on but I suspect we may go out and bring in a more experienced number one with Karius to be his backup.

What this means for Ward, I don't know. If Huddersfield get promoted then a season in the Premier League with them would hardly be bad for his development and then you can look at the situation again in summer 2019.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2017, 06:21:30 am »
Can Sakho play against us when Palace come to Anfield?
Seen us win everything

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2017, 08:19:56 am »
Can Sakho play against us when Palace come to Anfield?
Nope
W

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 1, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
Sakho in beast mode again by the sounds of it.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #271 on: April 1, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »
Sakho in beast mode again by the sounds of it.

He was. Easily MoM again

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 1, 2017, 06:34:42 pm »
He was. Easily MoM again

Did you watch it?
W

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #273 on: April 1, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »
Reading many reports and opinions about Sakho once again being an outstanding defender.

Which he is. So there's no surprise there.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 1, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »
Markovic winning today too..

Keep driving your prices up lads!
W

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #275 on: April 1, 2017, 08:53:54 pm »
They said he would be found out when Palace finally face decent opposition
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #276 on: April 1, 2017, 09:08:40 pm »
They said he would be found out when Palace finally face decent opposition

Not being funny mate but did you watch the game.

Sakho was pretty peripheral Chelsea absolutely dominated the game. Palace had a day when all their Christmases came together especially first half. Chelsea tore them apart, they constantly got to the byeline and pulled it back and the ball time and time gain whizzed across the six yard box or when Chelsea players got there first it hit Hennessey.

I am a big fan of Sakho but it wasn't a game to showcase his talents. On another day Chelsea score four or five.

If you were looking for a standout player for Palace then Zaha was head and shoulders above the rest. Fat Sam gets a bad press on here but he has done wonders with Zaha. He is beginning to stay on his feet and is actually starting to show a bit of desire.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: April 2, 2017, 02:00:16 am »
Markovic with some tidy play on Hulls first
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 2, 2017, 06:48:04 am »
Had a look at the Palace forum to see what their fans think about Mama so far and they seem to think that him and Zaha are their most important players.
It's up to Klopp and Sakho to decide what happens in the summer but in any case him playing well on loan is good for all involved.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #279 on: April 2, 2017, 07:51:38 am »
Nice that Mama is doing well, but I do think there's an element within the press of trying to build him up to try and create a narrative that we were badly wrong in not playing him. I'm pretty sure they'll be annoyed we haven't been dropping many points since he started playing for Palace, as that would have been a nice argument to have.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.