Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759631 times)

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3120 on: March 29, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »
We've been so deprived of proper wingmen that we want to stick him into 9 the minute we got him, cause that's all we know(the older lot have seen much of course).
"He's got pace! Let's stick him up front!"

I guess if you were Henry, Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo's manager, you would have kept them wide, depending on how long their teams had gone without a proper wideman.

Surely it's an older wives tale that says "he has pace, keep him wide"

We have been deprived of a proper forward all season and it is costing us now and will continue to until we fix it, you fix your spine first.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3121 on: March 29, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »
Didn't Mane's move to a central position at Southampton result in his longest barren spell of the last few years? Part of what makes his runs in behind so effective is that Firmino drags the central defence around, creating gaps for Mane to exploit. If we move him to a central position then we lose that wide player who can exploit the space effectively as no one else has the pace to do so.

It might be a valid tactic against teams that play a high line against us but how many of those are we going to see between now and the end of the season?

I'm not even sure we need to worry about altering the front three, our biggest problems this season have been caused by players being tired or unavailable, as long as the front three remains fit it should remain unchanged as they generally win us games when played together.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3122 on: March 29, 2017, 04:46:22 pm »
Didn't Mane's move to a central position at Southampton result in his longest barren spell of the last few years? Part of what makes his runs in behind so effective is that Firmino drags the central defence around, creating gaps for Mane to exploit. If we move him to a central position then we lose that wide player who can exploit the space effectively as no one else has the pace to do so.

It might be a valid tactic against teams that play a high line against us but how many of those are we going to see between now and the end of the season?

Yeah I agree with all this. 20 years ago Mané would have been more of striker in a 4-4-2 than a right midfielder, and we've seen Klopp use him as a lone striker towards the end of games to hit teams on the break, so it's hardly the outlandish suggestion a few in here have tried to paint it as. But I think right wing, particularly in a 4-3-3, is where we'll get the most productivity out of him and it's by and large where he should continue playing.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3123 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:17 pm »
I want Mane to continue to play wide, until we get another wideman in.

I just don't want us to start next year with firmino thru the middle. Either Mane starts upfront or we get another proper forward in, for my money.  Mane starting there would probably be easier in terms of squad development

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #3124 on: April 1, 2017, 01:44:43 pm »
I hope he's alright.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3125 on: April 1, 2017, 01:46:11 pm »
We have no idea how bad the injury is right now, and he walked off the pitch. For all we know, it looks a lot worse than it might actually be. No panicking just yet.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: April 1, 2017, 01:47:31 pm »
looked horrible in the replay, hope he's alright

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3127 on: April 1, 2017, 01:48:40 pm »
looked horrible in the replay, hope he's alright

It's probably a good thing that Coutinho seems to be back to his normal self.

Offline Xabi_14_Alonso

• Main Stander
« Reply #3128 on: April 1, 2017, 01:58:42 pm »
From someone who had the injury last year, I think Mane has torn his ACL. The way he was able to walk but not run is symptomatic of an ACL injury. I really hope i am wrong though

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: April 1, 2017, 02:01:34 pm »
From someone who had the injury last year, I think Mane has torn his ACL. The way he was able to walk but not run is symptomatic of an ACL injury. I really hope i am wrong though

If that's the case, I'm glad it didn't happen a few months back but rather at the end of the season with few games left, meaning if he's out for a while, he'll at least be out partly during the summer. I think we have enough goal scorers to cope.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: April 1, 2017, 02:03:56 pm »

It doesn't look like the knee gets twisted from what I saw. Fingers crossed it's nothing bad but my god it looked awkward. The amount of horrible tackles they've put in today and it's the innocuous one that does the damage.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: April 1, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
It doesn't look like the knee gets twisted from what I saw. Fingers crossed it's nothing bad but my god it looked awkward. The amount of horrible tackles they've put in today and it's the innocuous one that does the damage.

I wonder how long it'll be before we find out?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: April 1, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »
Considering our luck this season, if he plays another game in 2016/17 I'll be a happy man.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3133 on: April 1, 2017, 02:15:42 pm »
Considering our luck this season, if he plays another game in 2016/17 I'll be a happy man.

I would say we've actually been kind of lucky, our bad form and injury problems yet we're not all that far off second place.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: April 1, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »
I would say we've actually been kind of lucky, our bad form and injury problems yet we're not all that far off second place.

We worked hard for it, I don't remember many games where we came away with more then we deserved but plenty of those that left me feeling cheated at the end. Hope Sadio recovers soon, we desperately need him.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3135 on: April 1, 2017, 02:27:46 pm »
Praying, wishing, and hoping he isn't injured. Fuck it, I'd do some sort of shaman dance if it came to it.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: April 1, 2017, 02:28:28 pm »
Looked like an ACL injury, hope I'm wrong  :(.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: April 1, 2017, 02:29:24 pm »
Read on Bbc he fell awkwardly and couldnt shake it off, just pray he it's not serious.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3138 on: April 1, 2017, 02:30:01 pm »
Echo saying it's an ankle injury.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: April 1, 2017, 02:30:06 pm »
hope its just a precaution.

Knowing we are a goal up and have divock raring to go(and what an introduction). Just playing on the safe side.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #3140 on: April 1, 2017, 02:30:26 pm »
I'll be happily surprised if he's not done his ligaments, didn't even need the replay to confirm how ugly was the way his knee bent.

He's crucial to us and it's all about hope, now. I have seen worse knee twisting/bending amount to nothing, so he could be fine... please
The change is cast

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3141 on: April 1, 2017, 02:30:37 pm »

Don't think so - think it was his ankle.
(oh and he couldn't actually walk!....or at least barely)
« Last Edit: April 1, 2017, 02:32:08 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: April 1, 2017, 02:30:44 pm »
Hoping it's not a knee ligament injury. Get well soon Sadio.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3143 on: April 1, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »
it's an ankle injury you fuckers.  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3144 on: April 1, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »
Looked like his ankle, he rolled right over it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: April 1, 2017, 02:31:42 pm »
Sadio Mane taken off with ankle injury during Merseyside derby

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sadio-mane-taken-ankle-injury-12830562

The Senegal winger suffered the injury during an awkward tangle with Leighton Baines and was replaced by Divock Origi.

The Senegal international had earlier picked up where he left off from his last-gasp match-winner in December's derby by opening the scoring on eight minutes.

However, Mane pulled up after an awkward tangle with Everton left-back Leighton Baines shortly before the hour mark.

The Belgium international wasted little time making his mark as he hammered in Liverpool's third to make it 3-1 after great work Philippe Coutinho, who had earlier scored himself after Matthew Pennington had equalised for the Blues.

It is unclear of the severity of Mane's injury at this stage, but Jurgen Klopp will be hoping the problem doesn't rob him of the £30m winger as they continue their push for a top-four spot with a visit from Bournemouth on Wednesday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3146 on: April 1, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »
It's clearly his ankle....

I don't reckon it's too bad..

He's a tough little bugger though... they had to drag him off...more like him please
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: April 1, 2017, 02:32:33 pm »
Good, at least it's not his ACL.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: April 1, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »
The only dampener I really hope he's ok

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3149 on: April 1, 2017, 02:34:57 pm »
Looked very similar to Kane's injury, didn't it?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3150 on: April 1, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »
It's clearly his ankle....

I don't reckon it's too bad..

He's a tough little bugger though... they had to drag him off...more like him please

I dunno .....he couldn't put any weight on it at all. Let's hope for a miracle

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3151 on: April 1, 2017, 02:35:37 pm »
Ankle? Really? Looks like an MCL to me. Same happened me a few years back. 4-6 weeks if so. He's hurt anyway so let's see how bad.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: April 1, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »
Why is it even being questioned?! It was obviously his ankle, the replay was clear as day
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3153 on: April 1, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »
Ankle? Really? Looks like an MCL to me. Same happened me a few years back. 4-6 weeks if so. He's hurt anyway so let's see how bad.

Did you not see his ankle twist back as he made that challenge?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: April 1, 2017, 02:37:41 pm »
Its a huge blow obviously if its a few weeks or more but still, we play 8 shit teams and probably only need to win 6 of them, lets get it done.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: April 1, 2017, 02:38:53 pm »
Arguably one of the best players in the league.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: April 1, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »
Its a huge blow obviously if its a few weeks or more but still, we play 8 shit teams and probably only need to win 6 of them, lets get it done.

Mane's pace is vital against these type of teams though (makes runs, opens up space etc)

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #3157 on: April 1, 2017, 02:39:27 pm »
The only positive from seeing it, was that Mane was pretty stationary when the incident happened. Usually those ligament twists are much more damaging when it happens at pace.
Fingers crossed, because we've been poor when Mane isn't in the side.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: April 1, 2017, 02:42:22 pm »
He's a resilient fella, bit suarez esque I hope in terms of overcoming knocks

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: April 1, 2017, 02:42:41 pm »
Mane's pace is vital against these type of teams though (makes runs, opens up space etc)

Yeah its a blow but we still have better players in every single position than every team we'll play till the end of the season.