Author Topic: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield  (Read 58456 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2016, 06:23:45 pm »
What a crock of shit, they could let you pay for your season ticket and then revoke it as its their property but they don't.

Buying a season ticket means you enter into a legally binding contract with the Club which entitles you to attend games. Unless you break the terms and conditions of that contract then you are getting something for the money you spend. That is completely different to buying a slab that the Club owns.

As for revoking season tickets clubs do it all the time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2016, 06:27:40 pm »
14 characters hmmm.

FUCK OFF FSG ;-)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2016, 06:27:41 pm »
They are rinsing people because they are selling the items at way above their true value. Have a look at what a similar slab costs from a stonemason and the mark up is obscene.

Of course it's more expensive than that, as you're not just buying the slab, you're buying it's place in a limited sized area next to the stadium of the club you support. They've figured a value for that, and if they sell out then clearly got the value around about right.

As for the choice of buying one or not what about the people who buy them as gifts for other people.

I assume said gift was not bought at gun point? So they had the choice of buying another gift?

I'd love to buy my Dad a new car, maybe a top of the range Merc. Those fuckers don't half charge a lot though, but as it's a gift I kinda have to buy it don't I?

The interesting bit is why you think buying a share or two in Liverpool pre H&G and buying a slab are so different. For £500 a Dortmund fan can buy around 160 shares in his Club. He will own a part of the club, have a voice, have representation and above all he will be able to sell on his stake if he wants.

Buy a slab for Henry and Co and you own absolutely nothing, have no voice, no representation, have nothing to sell on. Indeed the only people who can sell your slab are FSG. Think about that for a second all the people who become all moral when perspective new owners are mentioned, if FSG sell to new owners they will be selling your slab on as well.

Furthermore according to the t's and C's the only way you can get your slab removed is if they have spelt the inscription incorrectly.

They aren't comparable because one is an investment in a business, one is purchasing a piece of memorabilia. What next, those old age insurance firms should give away a single share in the business when you get a quote rather than a free pen or clock?

Seriously you're not stupid enough to think they are comparable mate.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2016, 06:39:14 pm »
Buying a season ticket means you enter into a legally binding contract with the Club which entitles you to attend games. Unless you break the terms and conditions of that contract then you are getting something for the money you spend. That is completely different to buying a slab that the Club owns.

As for revoking season tickets clubs do it all the time.

They only get revoked if rules are broken.

Nobody is forced to pay for this, it's a free choice. Some people will want it some won't what's the issue. Wembley do it, West Ham, Everton, Stoke and many others it is not a new phenomenon. The most common one is having something inscribed in the brick of the ground but it's the same principle.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »
They are rinsing people because they are selling the items at way above their true value. Have a look at what a similar slab costs from a stonemason and the mark up is obscene. As for the choice of buying one or not what about the people who buy them as gifts for other people.

You are correct, you can go to a stone mason and buy a slab cheaper. But you're not done are you?

So you do that.

Then you want it engraved. How much is that?

Now you want to put it in the ground at Anfield? What's the cost of land there? Provided you received permission.

And finally, the labor to install it properly at the designated spot.

Or if you like, what would it cost for a similar sized engraved stone for Anfield Cemetery. Price that out for us.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »
I expect Al is currently pricing up red material and thread and figuring out if that adds up to £50.

Or if the plastic, ink and those little springs add up to the cost of £3 for a Liverpool pen.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:44 pm »
You are correct, you can go to a stone mason and buy a slab cheaper. But you're not done are you?

So you do that.

Then you want it engraved. How much is that?

Now you want to put it in the ground at Anfield? What's the cost of land there? Provided you received permission.

And finally, the labor to install it properly at the designated spot.

Or if you like, what would it cost for a similar sized engraved stone for Anfield Cemetery. Price that out for us.

It's their walkway mate. If they didn't have this scheme they would still need a walkway so fans can get to the ground and buy the rest of their over priced crap.

They can't have it both ways when it suits and they are putting their hands in their pockets it's all about pounds shillings and pence. If Tesco opened a store and asked you to buy them a walkway you would tell them to do one. Clubs cash in on the emotional connection between a fan and their club and it stinks.

FSG even have a phrase for it Leveraging fan affinity.

What next instead of them having to buy bog rolls we could buy them a bog roll with our name on it for a fiver.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2016, 07:25:56 pm »
If Tesco opened a store and asked you to buy them a walkway you would tell them to do one.

As you can now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »
It's their walkway mate. If they didn't have this scheme they would still need a walkway so fans can get to the ground and buy the rest of their over priced crap.

They can't have it both ways when it suits and they are putting their hands in their pockets it's all about pounds shillings and pence. If Tesco opened a store and asked you to buy them a walkway you would tell them to do one. Clubs cash in on the emotional connection between a fan and their club and it stinks.

FSG even have a phrase for it Leveraging fan affinity.

What next instead of them having to buy bog rolls we could buy them a bog roll with our name on it for a fiver.

Are they forcing people to pay for this? How rude! They should at least give people the option to say no to paying for their walkway!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »
Are they forcing people to pay for this? How rude! They should at least give people the option to say no to paying for their walkway!

You not had your invoice through yet mate?

You also have to buy one as a gift for someone, no choice about it apparently.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
You not had your invoice through yet mate?

You also have to buy one as a gift for someone, no choice about it apparently.

Damnit and I was going to get my dad a cheapy lighter for his birthday, he doesn't even support Liverpool. How much is this going to set me back?

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2016, 07:33:11 pm »
The unity and collective spirit, being part of something bigger than yourself, being single entity, regardless of wealth, social status, pretty much gone now.   

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »
I haven`t read this thread, just the article in the OP and what a load of bollocks that is.

I don`t want to read some knobheads name who`s decided to throw £500 at it (no idea what the figures are) who may turn up at Anfield once or twice a season and tell all his mates how much of Top red he is.

How about honouring some of the fans who`ve devoted their lives for this club, done countless selfless hours of work in the name Hillsborough, maybe honour some reds from the local community who`ve done some good deeds for fellow fans or the club, honour some fans who`ve travelled the length and breadth of the country and Europe year after year to support the lads?

And do it for free.

This is fucking shit.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2016, 07:59:46 pm »
I don`t want to read some knobheads name who`s decided to throw £500 at it

Don't let Al know they are also going to force everyone to read them too.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »
Don't let Al know they are also going to force everyone to read them too.
I`m not arsed with your personal arguments mate.

This is one horrible, money making, Americanized fucking c*nt of an idea.

If they were doing it for free to honour some people who given a lot to this club then fair enough but some gobshite who might have been to Anfield once get`s to throw a few quid in and get his name etched in stone at OUR ground.

Fuck off.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »

If they were doing it for free to honour some people who given a lot to this club then fair enough but some gobshite who might have been to Anfield once get`s to throw a few quid in and get his name etched in stone at OUR ground.

Fuck off.

It is not our ground you know its FSG's and they could knock it down any time they like.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2016, 08:12:53 pm »

Fuck off.

Unless you're planning on researching all those who have purchased a stone, I doubt you'll find many, if any, who have only been to Anfield once who purchase them.

Considering this will probably sell out from Season ticket holders or fan card holders. I don't think it's on the club website nor been made available to the public, yet.

But continue on..

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »
Unless you're planning on researching all those who have purchased a stone, I doubt you'll find many, if any, who have only been to Anfield once who purchase them.

Considering this will probably sell out from Season ticket holders or fan card holders. I don't think it's on the club website nor been made available to the public, yet.

But continue on..
We`ll see.....

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »
Whats the big deal?!

If you want to waste your money drawing on the floor, good, do it and give the club more money.

If you don't want to waste your money on some floor scrawl, and save your money for tickets and general life instead, do that.

They were buying the slabs either bloody way. They just thought "hmm if we can get some rich people to give us some money to write on these slabs, we can recoup some of the money we have paid for the stand a bit quicker"

People look for anything to bash FSG over. There are things, but not this for fuck sake.

(http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/225158-liverpool-fc-announce-trio-of-new-partners for example, we've jumped back into bed with Thomas c*nt legal touts, that you can tell FSG to fuck off for cos it directly takes away from the real working man fan opportunity)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:52:04 pm by Fancy Pants Gino »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »
How long will the stones last?

The stones will last indefinitely; however, we can only guarantee that they will be in the location for 10 years. This is the minimum period, but we have every reason to believe they will be there for many more years to come. However, we reserve the right to move, relocate or permanently remove or destroy the products at our discretion.

When are they being installed?

We will be installing the stones from Autumn 2016.

Can I scatter ashes of a loved one under my stone?

The Club will no longer be facilitating the scattering of ashes at Anfield. As part of the current redevelopment, a Memorial Garden is planned within the surrounding landscaped area, which will be located just outside of the Main Stand close to the Hillsborough Memorial. This quiet, intimate garden will provide fans with a peaceful area to sit and reflect at the home of Liverpool Football Club.

https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/help.htm
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:01:49 pm by 4pool »

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »
The Club will no longer be facilitating the scattering of ashes at Anfield. As part of the current redevelopment, a Memorial Garden is planned within the surrounding landscaped area, which will be located just outside of the Main Stand close to the Hillsborough Memorial. This quiet, intimate garden will provide fans with a peaceful area to sit and reflect at the home of Liverpool Football Club.

Scum.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2016, 09:21:10 pm »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »
Scum.

Pretty sure if a non-mod had made that comment they'd be on the receiving end of a warning or ban...

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2016, 09:32:11 pm »
Yeah really, its a scummy act.  I don't use the word lightly.

Fans have been scattering ashes inside the ground for a long time.   

You have to sneak a urn in now like a criminal. Do it in full spectacle of the crowd. 

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2016, 09:35:31 pm »
Yeah really, its a scummy act.  I don't use the word lightly.

Fans have been scattering ashes inside the ground for a long time.   

You have to sneak a urn in now like a criminal. Do it in full spectacle of the crowd. 

I thought that word on here was reserved for a certain rag newspaper?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:42 pm »
An act that they stopped doing 6-8 years ago...

http://www.scattering-ashes.co.uk/help-advice/law/football-clubs/ - shows all the clubs who no longer allow scattering of Ashes

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=218921.0

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:11 pm »
Liverpool– The club is no longer allowing the scattering of ashes, there are plans to open a memorial garden but no firm date as at this time. Please contact the club directly as Scattering Ashes can not do this on your behalf. 17/09/14

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2016, 09:48:12 pm »
That's the last update, which is why I put the RAWK thread up from a long time ago from people I know had contacts at the club in those days.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2016, 09:48:13 pm »
So they'll allow you to scatter at a specially built garden at your convenience instead of having to open up the ground for one individual time and time again (did they charge for this before?!)

Nazis the lot of them.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2016, 09:54:13 pm »
An act that they stopped doing 6-8 years ago...

http://www.scattering-ashes.co.uk/help-advice/law/football-clubs/ - shows all the clubs who no longer allow scattering of Ashes

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=218921.0

Liverpool– The club is no longer allowing the scattering of ashes, there are plans to open a memorial garden but no firm date as at this time. Please contact the club directly as Scattering Ashes can not do this on your behalf. 17/09/14

So we're ignoring the above?

FSG do plenty of stuff I don't agree with but this really isn't a big deal (the walkway thing, not the ashes thing which predates FSG anyway). You don't have to buy a slab, for you or for someone else. It's not like a ticket which everyone has to buy to support the club, and it's not like a shirt which kids pressure their parents to buy them.

If people really hate FSG, go for it. I think it's ridiculous that some people treat them like H&G frankly, but I'd rather their model of ownership than be a oil sheikh's plaything of have China owning the club with their disastrous human rights record.

If one red or a group of reds can put together a consortium to buy the club, preferably with some fan ownership, fantastic. Absent that, in the shitty modern commercial football world, they're far from the worst owners around.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:59:41 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2016, 09:54:16 pm »
(did they charge for this before?!)

Don't give em ideas.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »
Sentiments can be expressed better than a word reserved for the Rag

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »
I think it's perfectly fitting when they treat bereaved fans, wanting to do no more than pay their respects and scatter some ashes, like this.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »
I think it's perfectly fitting when they treat bereaved fans, wanting to do no more than pay their respects and scatter some ashes, like this.

Ok. You're right. I'd rather not derail the thread so all yours

Online Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2016, 12:07:01 pm »

Nazis the lot of them.

You quite clearly have not got the faintest idea what that word actually means, and also what it means to people/communities who were on the wrong side of them.

This is a ridiculous thread - either people will pay for it or they won't. I'm a ST holder and think its a great idea, and have already purchased a (small) stone. Does that make me wrong?

Mods should lock this asap.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2016, 01:11:07 pm »
People get outraged over everything these days.

If you want to buy one. Buy one.

If you don't want one. Don't buy one.

Some people will enjoy the sentimental value of seeing their name / message on a stone outside the club they love. Others will never see their own stone but know it's there.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »
You quite clearly have not got the faintest idea what that word actually means, and also what it means to people/communities who were on the wrong side of them.

This is a ridiculous thread - either people will pay for it or they won't. I'm a ST holder and think its a great idea, and have already purchased a (small) stone. Does that make me wrong?

Mods should lock this asap.

I was being sarcastic mate.  Read my earlier post a few further up

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2016, 03:38:06 pm »
People get outraged over everything these days.

If you want to buy one. Buy one.

If you don't want one. Don't buy one.

Some people will enjoy the sentimental value of seeing their name / message on a stone outside the club they love. Others will never see their own stone but know it's there.

What do you think a reasonable charge to scatter a loved ones ashes in the memorial garden would be then ?

If and it is a big if the club do charge people to scatter their loved ones ashes then you can't really complain because it is your choice. No one is forcing you to to do it.

For me we need to stop with the ' no one is forcing you to pay through the nose ' nonsense every time the Club look to rip us off.

The relationship between a fan and their club simply isn't a financial one. If Tesco or Asda put up their prices then you have the choice to shop elsewhere. That isn't the case here. No one is going to buy a paving slab at Southport FC because it is cheaper. So for me it comes don't to the question of morality and whether it is okay for Clubs to rip their fans off at every opportunity just because fans shown a loyalty and an affinity to a club.

Instead of saying you have a choice whether to get ripped off or not, or that other Clubs do it shouldn't the question be when are we going to stop the owners off football clubs ripping us off and giving us back so little in return.

We protested against ticket increases and they caved in so why don't we follow through with that and tell the owners that it simply isn't acceptable to try and take advantage of our affinity to the club by ripping us off at every opportunity when it comes to merchandising.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »
What do you think a reasonable charge to scatter a loved ones ashes in the memorial garden would be then ?

I hope they charge nothing

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2016, 06:42:01 am »
I'm hardly short of criticism of many of the clubs money making ideas, I think that they have us off at every turn, pisses me off no end. The site of the HJC shop being measured up for compulsory purchase, no doubt for an extra couple of parking spaces, well it is nothing sort of sick.

Strangely enough, I don't mind this at all. Ok the prices are hardly competitive bug roughly the cost of a match ticket or a pair of trainees, if it gives some people something they will take pride in and is done in a tasteful way. I do think some will use it is a way of marking bereaved, buying presents for family, etc. And don't see a lot wrong with that. Certainly less than four nicker for a hot dog.

In terms of the memorial garden, it has been a long time coming. My grandad has his ashes scattered at the Kop but it was hard work,my hey stopped and quite a long time ago, it was only somebody pulled a favour for me that enabled it. There should be a remembrance for fans at the ground, for some it is family. It is more about how they achieve that, make it part of the fabric of the ground a centre piece of the arena not an unwanted addition to keep people off the pitch.
We'll See Things They'll Never See