Poll

Should gay couples be allowed to adopt?

Yes
183 (85.9%)
No
30 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 212

Voting closed: February 13, 2016, 11:10:24 am

Author Topic: New Poll 2015: Gay Adoption  (Read 11474 times)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Poll 2015: Gay Adoption
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »
My words are what I'm writing now, this isn't a criminal case  ;). For me, it's not beneficial for a girl to grow up with 2 men or a single man in comparison to a couple or someone that she can relate to, ie 2 females. The same does not apply to boys (I know, doesn't make sense).

Absolutely, we don't know what percentage applied and received a child. But you can't just dismiss them as if they mean nothing.

Absolutely we can dismiss the way you interpreted it, as it indeed meant nothing.

To be honest, I don't think anyone is going to get anywhere arguing with you, as you dismiss the only study into it and counter with arguments you yourself admit make no sense.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:29 pm »
Absolutely, we don't know what percentage applied and received a child. But you can't just dismiss them as if they mean nothing.

They mean nothing in terms of having anything to do with the argument that single men are 'very low on the priority list.'

Which is what you said and what I said what stats that is based on.

If you want to show that they are low of the priority list then show that very few single male applicants get approved to adopt. Just showing very few decide that they want to adopt isn't proof of them being low priority.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2015, 09:11:07 pm »
Absolutely we can dismiss the way you interpreted it, as it indeed meant nothing.

To be honest, I don't think anyone is going to get anywhere arguing with you, as you dismiss the only study into it and counter with arguments you yourself admit make no sense.

Show me the percentage of girls adopted by Gay men in the study. I asked for it but you didn't reply.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »
My words are what I'm writing now, this isn't a criminal case  ;). For me, it's not beneficial for a girl to grow up with 2 men or a single man in comparison to a couple or someone that she can relate to, ie 2 females. The same does not apply to boys (I know, doesn't make sense).

Yeah but there's a difference in saying "ideally a child would have two parents" or "a mother and father is the traditional family unit" to what you actually said -  that it would be harmful (as you yourself stated - implying abuse) for a girl to be raised by two guys or a child to be raised by two guys and not have a female role model.

Different does not, IMHO, necessarily mean worse or harmful or bad.
Plenty of people are different...Plenty of families make it work.

All you need is love.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2015, 09:15:02 pm »
Show me the percentage of girls adopted by Gay men in the study. I asked for it but you didn't reply.

You didn't ask me and regardless it doesn't matter.  As has been explained to you already, it is the percentage approved that matters, not the percentage of adoptions.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »
You didn't ask me and regardless it doesn't matter.  As has been explained to you already, it is the percentage approved that matters, not the percentage of adoptions.

It matters to me since that is what I am against. 80% of gay women doing a good job of raising kids is not a surprise to me. It's great to see in fact and I fully support it. I just have a problem with gay men raising girls for the reason I stated. The reason I answered this post initially was in response to In Fowler we trust and to give my point of view on it, that it's not all black and white. Not everyone opposes it for religious reasons or bigoted reasons but simply because of what's best for the child, even if doesn't always make sense. I feel that it's in the best interest of girls to have someone they can relate to, more so than boys, so if it came to a vote on an absolute yes/no question I would vote no. Once there are enough studies, with a decent sample size stating otherwise, I'll gladly change my mind.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »
Couple questions for the No voters out of interest:

If a public vote came around to decide whether gay adoption should be allowed, would you actively go to a polling station and vote No or is it just more of a "if i'm forced to answer" thing?

Would you still vote No if you knew the alternative was more children stuck in care homes and orphanages?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2015, 10:02:13 pm »
I can't give you a logical answer to that, or one that can be proven to be beneficial either way, it's just that for me it seems more acceptable for women to raise a boy than for men to raise a girl.

You cant argue with that. I dont know why people are trying. It's dripping with perceived social norms and the need for female perspective whatever that is?

Presumably a girl raised by men will be missing her burning love for pink and to be a princess.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2015, 10:11:12 pm »
Couple questions for the No voters out of interest:

If a public vote came around to decide whether gay adoption should be allowed, would you actively go to a polling station and vote No or is it just more of a "if i'm forced to answer" thing?

Would you still vote No if you knew the alternative was more children stuck in care homes and orphanages?

I didn't even know they weren't allowed to adopt, until this poll came out.
I definitely wouldn't get out of bed for that one.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »
I didn't even know they weren't allowed to adopt, until this poll came out.
I definitely wouldn't get out of bed for that one.
Gay people can adopt.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »
Am I missing something here?
Is gay marriage not already legal in England?  Can gay married couples raise up their own children? If so, presumably there are already countless gay couples that are raising up their own children. Are there any statistics that show children raised up by gay parents are less likely to be contributing members of society? Or more likely to face emotional and/or psychological issues? If there are, I haven't seen them.

If the answer to both is "no", and taking into consideration that people in England (from what I understand) are free to do/think/feel/act as they wish (obviously unless it causes violent conflicts with one another, or breaks legal law), why should there be an outcry over gay couples adopting. If as a society you're comfortable with gay couples getting married and raising kids, how is this somehow different? You've already passed the threshold of giving rights for gay couples to legal cohabitate, legally get married, and legally raise their own kids, surely legally adopting children is only natural?

And State and Church are separated in England, is that not so? So say you personally disapprove of gay couples raising up children (or maybe even getting married) strictly on religious reasons, in terms of the rights of gay couples in England, surely you'd agree that they have the right that everyone else has, even though you don't agree with it?  Do we really want to live in a society where we only give rights to those that agree with us?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »
Edit: I've read some responses that highlighted the challenges/difficulties children raised up with gay parents might face, and how that somehow is a reason not to support gay adoption.

I see where you're coming from, but that sort of statement makes me feel a little uneasy. A couple of decades back, mixed marriages were incredibly taboo in the US (in someplaces it might still be a bit of a taboo). I'm sure the parents of the mixed couples would tell them about how concerned they were about their potential grandchildren facing bullying etc. Truth be told, as difficult as it was for the early pioneers, they were the ones that paved the way and made it easier for the rest of us to follow. Sometimes the only way society can adapt and embrace change is if it has to see it right in front of our face.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2015, 10:50:13 pm »
There's a kid in my sons class who's mother is now a lesbian (I don't know if 'is now a lesbian' is the correct way of putting it, but when I knew her when we were younger, both her and her sister were into men. Now they're both into women and are in long term lesbian relationships). There isn't a thing wrong with him or his brother. Neither of them get any hassle, both are very intellignet kids and very well liked not only in their class but in the whole school. The one in my sons class would be deemed the 'leader' in their group of friends.

Just following on from this, a question for Packalacky

Put all the people from above as the opposite sex - A couple have 2 daughters. They split up. The dad takes the kids as the mother is a bit of a drinker and drug user, or whatever scenario, either way, the dad takes the 2 daughters. The dad then realises a while later that he actually fancies big Dave down the street, who is a known gay man. Dad and Dave have a pint down the local, one thing leads to another, and 6 months later, they live together as a gay couple. Should Dad give up the kids or should he keep them?

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »
Edit: I've read some responses that highlighted the challenges/difficulties children raised up with gay parents might face, and how that somehow is a reason not to support gay adoption.

I see where you're coming from, but that sort of statement makes me feel a little uneasy. A couple of decades back, mixed marriages were incredibly taboo in the US (in someplaces it might still be a bit of a taboo). I'm sure the parents of the mixed couples would tell them about how concerned they were about their potential grandchildren facing bullying etc. Truth be told, as difficult as it was for the early pioneers, they were the ones that paved the way and made it easier for the rest of us to follow. Sometimes the only way society can adapt and embrace change is if it has to see it right in front of our face.

Yeah I've seen a few 'society isn't ready for it' posts. If they aren't ready for it in 2015, when the fuck will they be ready. If society is against any kind of equality, then fuck society.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2015, 09:55:37 am »
Got to love how people are asked to explain why they voted no and then have to face the Spanish Inquisition,. We voted no, get over it.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2015, 10:14:46 am »
Got to love how people are asked to explain why they voted no and then have to face the Spanish Inquisition,. We voted no, get over it.

The question was asked so a discussion could be had. Not such a strange concept for a discussion forum.

Get over it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2015, 10:39:43 am »

Why did you vote no? And it's not the Spanish Inquisition. Packalacky has, admittedly, put across a point of view that doesn't make sense. Of course he's going to be questioned on it. I haven't seen any of the 'no' voters give a reason that isn't just their own personal backward view of 'normality'.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:41:32 am by King Woebegone »

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2015, 10:45:28 am »

Would you care to explain why? 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:39 am »
Would you care to explain why? 

They went for the 'but the kid might get bullied' line of reasoning.

So presumably also thinks ginger, ugly, disabled, fat, poor, non-white (in predominately white areas), etc. all shouldn't be allowed to adopt as they are also no doubt reasons for kids to bully another kid.

I voted no purely for the reasons that Crosby Wych addressed, I didn't think it fair on the child in regards to the prejudice they may be exposed to growing up and how that might be very difficult for them.

I'm not saying I was wrong to think that way, maybe naive or maybe I'm homophobic and don't realise it.

Is that a bit like I'm not racist I've got black friends?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2015, 12:11:41 pm »
I voted yes but isn't the issue the word "gay"? 

Aren't all kids raised by men, women or both?  They're all parents, some do a good job, some don't. 

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:45 pm »
Just following on from this, a question for Packalacky

Put all the people from above as the opposite sex - A couple have 2 daughters. They split up. The dad takes the kids as the mother is a bit of a drinker and drug user, or whatever scenario, either way, the dad takes the 2 daughters. The dad then realises a while later that he actually fancies big Dave down the street, who is a known gay man. Dad and Dave have a pint down the local, one thing leads to another, and 6 months later, they live together as a gay couple. Should Dad give up the kids or should he keep them?

That's not adoption so not relevant to the topic, obviously the father can make whichever choice he wants.

This is about carers making a choice of where to place kids.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2015, 09:22:55 pm »
That's not adoption so not relevant to the topic, obviously the father can make whichever choice he wants.

This is about carers making a choice of where to place kids.

You still haven't answered the question on whether you'd prefer a kid to spend their childhood in care/foster homes or with a gay couple.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2015, 04:29:20 am »
The only good study of this (from Australia) shows that kids of same sex couples have better outcomes than those of opposite sex couples....
What is a 'better outcome'?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2015, 05:18:00 am »
I haven't voted because I'm still on the fence about this.

I personally wouldn't want to be adopted by a same sex couple due to all the attention I would receive especially being a guy. I can understand why someone wouldn't see a problem with being adopted by a same sex couple but I personally like to keep to myself and would prefer not to be the centre of attention. At school and in our neighbourhood it would eventually become normal after being there for a while. However, I could just imagine at every public place being stared at because my parents are different. The attention may not necessarily be negative but it would be unwanted by me never the less. I'm a lot better at coping with situations like that now but as a young child and during my early teen years I could see myself struggling to deal with all the unwanted attention. So IMO it depends on the individual child's personality in whether or not they may be negatively affected by this parental situation.

After some research into the issue I found an interesting article here that seems to indicate that lesbian and transexual relationships are almost two times more likely to involve domestic abuse than gay (men) or straight relationships.

"The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1% and 20.4% for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation. Transgender respondents had an incidence of 34.6 percent over a lifetime according to a Massachusetts survey."

http://www.advocate.com/crime/2014/09/04/2-studies-prove-domestic-violence-lgbt-issue

That challenges the idea that men are the main instigators of domestic violence and could also make a case that transexual and lesbian parents are statistically half as likely to provide a safe environment for their children, compared to gay male parents or straight parents.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2015, 10:50:53 am »
You still haven't answered the question on whether you'd prefer a kid to spend their childhood in care/foster homes or with a gay couple.

::)

Don't know how often I have to repeat myself. Read my first post again.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2015, 11:15:02 am »
I haven't voted because I'm still on the fence about this.

I personally wouldn't want to be adopted by a same sex couple due to all the attention I would receive especially being a guy. I can understand why someone wouldn't see a problem with being adopted by a same sex couple but I personally like to keep to myself and would prefer not to be the centre of attention. At school and in our neighbourhood it would eventually become normal after being there for a while. However, I could just imagine at every public place being stared at because my parents are different. The attention may not necessarily be negative but it would be unwanted by me never the less. I'm a lot better at coping with situations like that now but as a young child and during my early teen years I could see myself struggling to deal with all the unwanted attention. So IMO it depends on the individual child's personality in whether or not they may be negatively affected by this parental situation.

that's society's problem, not the child's.  And the only way to eradicate the stigmatism is to nomalise same-sex parenting as it should be.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2015, 12:53:01 pm »
To adapt Packalacky's argument to perspectives for a daughter growing up, what are the differences between two gay men not being able to provide a female perspective for a daughter and two gay women not having a male perspective to give to a son?  What's different about the extended families of these couples that can't offer these perspectives that makes it "better" for a mixed-sex couple to adopt?  I'd counter that those in same-sex couples are probably more likely to be placed under greater scrutiny about how the child is raised so they would be more aware of those sorts of needs compared to a mixed-sex couple.

I just can't buy into the argument that conforming to this supposed norm of straight couples being a more stable and nurturing environment is a good thing.  You take the high-profile cases in recent years where child neglect was prominent (McCann, Matthews, "Baby P") or where deviancy has come from married opposite-sex couples (Jeremy Forrest) and it just highlights how bad parenting and unstable familial situations can arise from anywhere regardless of gender and orientation.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »

I doubt as a young child (presuming most adoptions are of younger children) you'd notice people looking, and if you did I doubt you'd put two and two together that they are looking because you have two Dad's or two Mum's - especially as to you that would be perfectly normal.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2015, 05:50:23 pm »
I doubt as a young child (presuming most adoptions are of younger children) you'd notice people looking, and if you did I doubt you'd put two and two together that they are looking because you have two Dad's or two Mum's - especially as to you that would be perfectly normal.
When I was younger my school mates thought it was weird I never had a mum and lived with my dad which obviously made me question why.

If you don't think kids wouldn't question why a child was being dropped off at school by two different men and never a mother, or kids wouldn't talk about getting in there mum and dads bed and wondering why you were getting in your dad and dads bed then I think you're being naive.

It would lead to some very uncomfortable questions when older as well by which time you understand what gay is and society's feelings on it, hence why we have a thread on "should gay couples be allowed to adopt". If that was considered the norm there would be no thread.

Personally it would depend on how the child can handle it, but since were talking about children of a young age how do you know how it will effect them later in life.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »
They went for the 'but the kid might get bullied' line of reasoning.

So presumably also thinks ginger, ugly, disabled, fat, poor, non-white (in predominately white areas), etc. all shouldn't be allowed to adopt as they are also no doubt reasons for kids to bully another kid.

Only beautiful white people can have sex by that logic. Anything else would not be fair on the children.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2015, 06:19:55 pm »
Only beautiful white people can have sex by that logic. Anything else would not be fair on the children.
14/88, lad.  Telling ya.

Dammit, Godwin's Law.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2015, 06:38:25 am »
Let's be honest.. People don't admit it, but they are against this for two reasons.

1.  They think gay people are more likely to abuse children.

2. They think the kids will turn out gay.

Both are bollocks of course.

However, I find this idea of binary sexuality really intriguing.  You look back through history and it just wasn't the case..

In Rome, it was considered somewhat abnormal to be a man who only slept with women and not boys too..

How times change...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rastas

• Kemlynite

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2017, 10:49:30 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4259990/Gay-dads-live-fear-adoptive-child-KILL-them.html

Troubled teen. Sad story, but the parents being gay is probably the least significant part of that.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2017, 01:58:12 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4259990/Gay-dads-live-fear-adoptive-child-KILL-them.html

Can i recommend the Daily mail blocker extension to you?  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daily-mail-blocker/ghjadbffkapbnlbccfjoljfhgolbofhi?hl=en-GB

I didn't even see that was daily mail when I clicked on the link, so I got a funny cat gif instead. Cheered me up.
Just need a sun one now.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:09 am »

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2017, 05:50:38 pm »
You can try to come up with all sorts of arguments to hide behind but the bottom line is being Gay or straight  male or female  red hair or blue hair none of that is important if you love the kids and bring them up well. kids are brought up well by people who are completely diverse with all sorts of different attributes and difficulties and no one would dream of banning them from bringing up kids.

If you think Gay people shouldn't be able to adopt  I personally wouldn't want you adopting any of my kids I wouldn't want a Tory bringing up my kids but I certainly wouldn't argue that my prejudices should stop tories or people in this thread from adopting  because that would be as ignorant as some of the posters who think who you fancy should stop you adopting a kid
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2017, 06:36:14 pm »
If you think Gay people shouldn't be able to adopt  I personally wouldn't want you adopting any of my kids I wouldn't want a Tory bringing up my kids but I certainly wouldn't argue that my prejudices should stop tories or people in this thread from adopting  because that would be as ignorant as some of the posters who think who you fancy should stop you adopting a kid

That's unfair comparing gay people to tories. There's nothing wrong with being gay. Being part of the nasty party however...
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »
That's unfair comparing gay people to tories. There's nothing wrong with being gay. Being part of the nasty party however...
It's only comparing gays to Tories if you misunderstand the logic. I'm using an example of my prejudice against Tories to highlight what, I perceive, as other peoples prejudice against gays.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
There are many, many good parents out there and quite a few bad ones as well. Says it all. That people's sexual orientation should get to decide if you are suitable to adopt is mis-directed. For some reason I used to say 'no'. I have grown wiser.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez