Author Topic: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience  (Read 35360 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Electronic E-Cigs - My Experience
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2017, 06:41:36 pm »
Whats the reason behind making the sizes of the juice smaller?

Is it not exactly the fucking opposite of what they've done with actual ciggies, i.e only being able to buy bigger sizes? Like if I want to buy some rolling tobacco now, it's over twice the price because I can't get smaller packets? The mind boggles.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2017, 07:05:48 pm »
Whats the reason behind making the sizes of the juice smaller?

Is it not exactly the fucking opposite of what they've done with actual ciggies, i.e only being able to buy bigger sizes? Like if I want to buy some rolling tobacco now, it's over twice the price because I can't get smaller packets? The mind boggles.

To prevent accidental poisoning was used as a justification. But a lot of the new rules don't have any sensible reasoning behind them. 2ml max tank size? Must be able to refill without any liquid spilling? Must deliver a constant nicotine hit? It's a real mess if you're not using one of the snap in cartridge things which just have an on/off button. One piece of EU legislation I wouldn't mind being repealed if we do go ahead with Brexit. It's one thing regulating, it's another thing reducing the market to just the big (tobacco) companies who are moving into it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:13 am »
10ml max is a fucking nightmare. I've gotten used to 100ml bottles now and we're gonna get absolutely rinsed having to buy 10ml bottles.

Lately I've been vaping the White Lightning range from Arkansas juices. 120ml for €20 and the juices are well tasty.

I don't think the restriction applies to 0% Nic juices, so if you don't use nic you might be ok. If you do then in theory in the future you could mix 100ml 0% juice with 4-5ml of 72mg Nic concentrate to get 3mg juice say, though I don't know how that would affect the taste. And of course you'd have to stock up on the Nic because that's getting banned as well but it's cheap (around £10 for 100ml) and lasts for years if frozen. Might save a fair wedge over time.

To prevent accidental poisoning was used as a justification. But a lot of the new rules don't have any sensible reasoning behind them. 2ml max tank size?

That's the one bit I really don't get. If they've deemed it 'ok' for a kid to accidentally drink 10ml of juice then why not up to 10ml tanks? That just smacks of deliberately making things more difficult for vapers to pander to the tobacco lobby, like they want people to find constantly refilling when out and about too much hassle so they go and buy some fags instead. Ludicrous.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2017, 10:17:16 am »
These are selling off 30ml bottles for a fiver - https://www.vampirevape.co.uk/

use VV10 for 10% off first order

Has the law actually come into play now because you can still pick up 4ml tanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:23:01 am by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »
OnePoundeLiquid are selling 30mil bottles of Mum's Home Baked premium liquids for £1.50 each! Usually £15.00 so you're saving 90% and £100 buys you 2 liters of liquid lol.

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/tpd-clearance.html

The Mum's Home Baked ones are:
Apple Muffin HVG
Custard Doughnut HVG
Pink Glazed Doughnut HVG
Strawberry Custard HVG
Strawberry Cheesecake HVG

They aren't repackaged or anything, this is how mine came:

:D

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2017, 01:21:17 pm »

Some real bargains out there. Just google TPD Clearance. And not just on the liquid. Lots of places are selling off the bigger tank set ups. I am contemplating picking up a new tank. 5ml SMOK one. Going for about 15 quid when it should be at least double that. Just need to make sure I can find the coils though because if they stop making the big tanks they may stop making the coils which go with them.

Does this ban apply to Ireland too? I was just thinking could just get stuff from ebay.ie if they post to the UK

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:04 pm »
Some real bargains out there. Just google TPD Clearance. And not just on the liquid. Lots of places are selling off the bigger tank set ups. I am contemplating picking up a new tank. 5ml SMOK one. Going for about 15 quid when it should be at least double that. Just need to make sure I can find the coils though because if they stop making the big tanks they may stop making the coils which go with them.

Does this ban apply to Ireland too? I was just thinking could just get stuff from ebay.ie if they post to the UK

Yeah it's anywhere within the EU mate.

I think many smaller tanks will just end up using the old coils, i.e. with the Uwell Crown Mini, so if you're smart you can get some good tanks that will still last. I wish I could power most of the Smok tanks (well, coils) but my mod can only push 60w and you want more really even with something like the tfv4.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:38:17 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2017, 02:51:32 pm »
OnePoundeLiquid are selling 30mil bottles of Mum's Home Baked premium liquids for £1.50 each! Usually £15.00 so you're saving 90% and £100 buys you 2 liters of liquid lol.

Apple Muffin HVG
Custard Doughnut HVG
Pink Glazed Doughnut HVG
Strawberry Custard HVG

just ordered a couple of Cloud 2 HVG - 30ml E-Liquid. £4.80 including delivery...bargain
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »

Apple Muffin HVG
Custard Doughnut HVG
Pink Glazed Doughnut HVG
Strawberry Custard HVG

Nice one -  have just ordered two of each of the Mum's Home made for £15! Appreciate the tip  :wave
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »
Just bought one are they meant to spit out there stuff at you or av I been ripped off just spent 60 quid on one.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2017, 10:45:04 pm »
Just bought one are they meant to spit out there stuff at you or av I been ripped off just spent 60 quid on one.

Shouldn't be spitting out stuff. What have you got?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2017, 07:14:27 pm »
Since when did eBay allow juice with nicotine in to be sold? Will the tpd rules apply on eBay too?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 5, 2017, 09:26:07 am »
Since when did eBay allow juice with nicotine in to be sold? Will the tpd rules apply on eBay too?

Read that they are taking these sales down now if not from a business, after May 20th I don't think we will see any more.

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #173 on: July 2, 2017, 10:42:55 am »
Lad at work (outside UK) wants to buy some ecig gear in UK for me to bring when I go back to work.

Where is the best place to buy this stuff?

ta

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 3, 2017, 02:51:51 pm »

My understanding is they sell the liquid and the nicotine in separate bottles (the exact amount needed to make the desired strength) and the buyer mixes their end.

There are websites which you can buy a litre of premixed base liquid (at whatever PG/VG ratio you want) and say you want 1litre of 6mg liquid they will sell you 980ml of juice and the exact amount of nicotine to make 6mg (or whatever strength you want). Then you add however much flavour/colour you want.

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #175 on: July 3, 2017, 04:24:47 pm »
Lad at work (outside UK) wants to buy some ecig gear in UK for me to bring when I go back to work.

Where is the best place to buy this stuff?

ta

I've been using this site for a while to buy my juices  http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/  If you order before 5pm the gear usually turns up the next day. Lots of helpful reviews as well to give you an idea what you're buying. I use https://www.eleafworld.co.uk/ to buy any hardware stuff (mods, coils etc). I find the eleaf pre-built atomizers to be the best quality.

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #176 on: July 3, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »
Great thanks Jonny

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #177 on: November 1, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »
Im sure nearly all replacement coils are blag. Anyone have issues with smok coils ? The replacement ones you buy last about two days if your lucky  :no

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #178 on: November 1, 2017, 03:28:46 pm »
Was in a proper pub last Saturday (The Mount in Chester) where they don't mind if you vape but there was some fucking melon in there with Ah-Ha hair and a e-cig more akin to a smoke machine from an 80's disco than something you'd fucking vape with.

Clouds of vape all over the shop, and me in the corner barely changing the atmos around me at all. No wonder people in pubs get fed up!
« Last Edit: November 1, 2017, 03:34:46 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 1, 2017, 04:25:48 pm »
Im sure nearly all replacement coils are blag. Anyone have issues with smok coils ? The replacement ones you buy last about two days if your lucky  :no

Yes! They are hit and miss. I have had some which last 2 months and then others which last 2 or 3 days before you start getting a burning taste.

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 1, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »
Was in a proper pub last Saturday (The Mount in Chester) where they don't mind if you vape but there was some fucking melon in there with Ah-Ha hair and a e-cig more akin to a smoke machine from an 80's disco than something you'd fucking vape with.

Clouds of vape all over the shop, and me in the corner barely changing the atmos around me at all. No wonder people in pubs get fed up!

I would like to see them banned from pubs to be honest. Which I think is already the case in most places. Non vapours should not be subjected to clouds and clouds of vape floating about inside a pub. It is just fucking rude. And that is coming from someone who uses ones.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #181 on: November 1, 2017, 04:39:54 pm »
I would like to see them banned from pubs to be honest. Which I think is already the case in most places. Non vapours should not be subjected to clouds and clouds of vape floating about inside a pub. It is just fucking rude. And that is coming from someone who uses ones.
I personally think it should be discretional but within reason. That lad pretending to be a disco smoke machine was a fucking melon and it draws undue attention and animosity towards anyone using one indoors.

I use mine every few minutes for a quick draw and tend to make hardly any excess vape, most people barely even notice or mind me using it next to them (I tend to ask when sat in company or when close to another table, it's just good manners). Having to go out to vape in this manner would basically mean I'd spend all night outside......which just means I wouldn't go.

Always the fucking bellends ruining it for everyone! :no

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: November 1, 2017, 04:55:35 pm »
Having to go out to vape in this manner would basically mean I'd spend all night outside......which just means I wouldn't go.

Looks like that's the way it's going, mate

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/nyregion/new-york-bans-vaping-ecigs-bars-restaurants.html

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 1, 2017, 04:58:42 pm »
Looks like that's the way it's going, mate

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/nyregion/new-york-bans-vaping-ecigs-bars-restaurants.html

Yep - that will be the case here soon no doubt. Personally I am fine with it. Only time I use it indoors if at my house. Depending on which one I use or what liquid I am vaping it does kick out a lot of vape and I wouldn't be so inconsiderate to subject none smokers or none vapours to that. I choose to fill my lungs with it, others people didn't. It may not be harmful to them but it is no doubt annoying.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: November 1, 2017, 05:53:10 pm »
Yes! They are hit and miss. I have had some which last 2 months and then others which last 2 or 3 days before you start getting a burning taste.

The majority of the coils out there must be rejects or blag its a joke mate.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #186 on: November 1, 2017, 09:14:16 pm »
The majority of the coils out there must be rejects or blag its a joke mate.

Have had same issue with Smok coils but find if you puncture the cotton wool with a pin top, middle & bottom at each of the holes - this helps them to absorb liquid easier and prevents them burning out.
Give it a try  :wave
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: November 1, 2017, 09:42:49 pm »
Have had same issue with Smok coils but find if you puncture the cotton wool with a pin top, middle & bottom at each of the holes - this helps them to absorb liquid easier and prevents them burning out.
Give it a try  :wave

Nice one mate will give it a go.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #188 on: November 2, 2017, 06:04:03 am »
I use the Smok Tfv4 a fair bit. Find the coils for that need a lot of prep. Got to get the juice into the cotton before you fully assemble and fill the tank. Not too mad mind, but enough so it's already soaking in. Then leave it with a full tank to soak a good 15 minutes and then slowly work up from minimum watts up to where I usually vape. It's all standard stuff really but a faff if you're in a rush.

One properly odd thing I've found is that the white o-ring on the top can alter the taste a lot. I have one which is mint condition, barely used, but if I pop it onto the tank it makes the whole thing taste burnt. No idea what that is. Cleaned it, still the same taste. Is weird. Went through a pack of 5 coils thinking they were all dodgy before I stripped everything down and replaced and discovered the o-ring was the problem.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 2, 2017, 12:47:24 pm »
i've been having issues with coils too in my t22, either last ages or taste burnt within a day or just stop working altogether

don't have a problem with going outside to vape in pubs etc, i do it anyway. i can usually sneak a few in discreetly anyway as mine barely gives off any vapour, the guys that puff out thick clouds of sickly sweet shite are just inconsiderate bellends
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: November 4, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »
Bought a coil today for my smok V8 and it lasted about a hour until it started to get that burn taste and I never bladdered it  :no anyone recommend a kit which has reliable coils that last atleast 2 weeks ?

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #191 on: November 8, 2017, 12:57:25 pm »
I've been using the aspire cleito coils and never had any problems with them, I picked up another tank while I was in the states too.
I've just started making my own juice and made the first batch 2 weeks ago, I started with Capello chocolate fudge brownie and used a 60/40 mix of VG/PG and 6mg nicotine, tried it yesterday and really impressed! I made the second batch  on Sunday so I've left them to steep for two weeks, it's a lot easier than I thought and there's plenty of help out there for begginers like me. I've worked out it's costing me just under a tenner for 100 mil which is great considering you can get the exact flavours you want.
If anyone's interested I can send you the link for the place I use to get the goodies :)
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 8, 2017, 09:43:54 pm »
been using a vype e tank for over a year . mixing my own liquids from alchemist cuboard. saving a fortune .. cant believe i smoked for 30 years ,, cant stand the smell of it now weird  .. only thing is  . think am addicted to this .. start going right crabit , when cant find it .. or batteries runs out  :no

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #193 on: November 8, 2017, 10:11:08 pm »
I've been using the aspire cleito coils and never had any problems with them, I picked up another tank while I was in the states too.
I've just started making my own juice and made the first batch 2 weeks ago, I started with Capello chocolate fudge brownie and used a 60/40 mix of VG/PG and 6mg nicotine, tried it yesterday and really impressed! I made the second batch  on Sunday so I've left them to steep for two weeks, it's a lot easier than I thought and there's plenty of help out there for begginers like me. I've worked out it's costing me just under a tenner for 100 mil which is great considering you can get the exact flavours you want.
If anyone's interested I can send you the link for the place I use to get the goodies :)

Please mate. I'm currently helping my usual shop whittle down their last stocks of 30ml Malaysian juices. Once they're out, I've got to switch to making my own I think. Just for cost really. So any and all useful links to where to buy and how to do welcome.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 8, 2017, 10:49:10 pm »
been using a vype e tank for over a year . mixing my own liquids from alchemist cuboard. saving a fortune .. cant believe i smoked for 30 years ,, cant stand the smell of it now weird  .. only thing is  . think am addicted to this .. start going right crabit , when cant find it .. or batteries runs out  :no

if you're using nicotine then it will be just as addictive as smoking
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: November 9, 2017, 08:15:46 am »
Please mate. I'm currently helping my usual shop whittle down their last stocks of 30ml Malaysian juices. Once they're out, I've got to switch to making my own I think. Just for cost really. So any and all useful links to where to buy and how to do welcome.
I get the flavours and nicotine shots from here mate
Capella Concentrate Flavourings - The Alchemists Cupboard
https://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product-category/concentrate-flavourings/capella-concentrate-flavourings/

I'm using the Capella range as they get good reviews on vape forums but I'm sure others are good too, 15-20% of your mix should be the flavouring (if yiur using Capella) the nicotine shot is a 10ml bottle of 18% so if your making up a 30 ml bottle of E liquid and want 6mg nicotine u would use the whole 10ml bottle, 3ml use half of it, 9ml a bottle and a half (15ml) etc.i bought my PG and VG from Amazon and paid 10 quid for a litre of each but I'm pretty sure it's cheaper elsewhere. Just get some 10/30/100 ml bottles and your good to go mate, I'l add a link to the calculator I use and it measures in weight and ml so you can either use a set of digital scales or a couple of syringes.  Any help needed just ask, good luck :)
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentrates.co.uk/elfc-calculator
« Last Edit: November 9, 2017, 11:35:56 am by pezzzer »

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #196 on: November 9, 2017, 05:25:53 pm »
15-20% of your mix should be the flavouring

Just wanted to pick up on this. I'm having the same problems with the smok coils the guys above are having. Apparently it's the sweeteners in the liquid that gunk up the coil and give the burnt taste. I read mixing your own and using 5% flavouring makes them last a lot longer. Do you know if it'd have a decent taste with this amount?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #197 on: November 9, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »
I get the flavours and nicotine shots from here mate
Capella Concentrate Flavourings - The Alchemists Cupboard
https://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product-category/concentrate-flavourings/capella-concentrate-flavourings/

I'm using the Capella range as they get good reviews on vape forums but I'm sure others are good too, 15-20% of your mix should be the flavouring (if yiur using Capella) the nicotine shot is a 10ml bottle of 18% so if your making up a 30 ml bottle of E liquid and want 6mg nicotine u would use the whole 10ml bottle, 3ml use half of it, 9ml a bottle and a half (15ml) etc.i bought my PG and VG from Amazon and paid 10 quid for a litre of each but I'm pretty sure it's cheaper elsewhere. Just get some 10/30/100 ml bottles and your good to go mate, I'l add a link to the calculator I use and it measures in weight and ml so you can either use a set of digital scales or a couple of syringes.  Any help needed just ask, good luck :)
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentrates.co.uk/elfc-calculator

Nice one. Thank you. Will sit down over the next couple of weeks and properly get to it once I've got the stuff together to start. Sure there will be questions! One of the reasons I love Malaysian juices is that they do amazing mango flavours - and I've never found a British company able to come close to them on that. Shall have to try and see if it's possible with home made.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: November 9, 2017, 10:27:14 pm »
Just wanted to pick up on this. I'm having the same problems with the smok coils the guys above are having. Apparently it's the sweeteners in the liquid that gunk up the coil and give the burnt taste. I read mixing your own and using 5% flavouring makes them last a lot longer. Do you know if it'd have a decent taste with this amount?
I'm 99 percent sure that the Capella range don't use any artificial sweetness or sweetening chemicals so your coils should be fine at the 15-20% that is recommended, I read it somewhere when I researched the best concentrates to get, I'l check back and post the link on it mate. The extra sweetness they put in just aren't needed as the VG on its own (base liquid)  is pretty sweet but i guess its the American market demanding it as they love extra sweetness on everything!! On the percentage front you could go with 5% flavouring (concentrate) but it would just be a milder taste but again if it's just down to the coils burning out and your concentrates do contain sweetness then it's a good option until you buy the concentrates that don't have the sweetness in buddy.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2017, 10:36:32 pm by pezzzer »

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: November 9, 2017, 10:33:01 pm »
Nice one. Thank you. Will sit down over the next couple of weeks and properly get to it once I've got the stuff together to start. Sure there will be questions! One of the reasons I love Malaysian juices is that they do amazing mango flavours - and I've never found a British company able to come close to them on that. Shall have to try and see if it's possible with home made.
Once you get into it mate I think your going to be pleasantly surprised at just how amazing you can make your own juices as the flavouring out there are pretty much what your buying pre made plus you've got the added bonus of perfecting your own recipe by adding a  drop or so more at a time to tweak the flavour. You won't buy a pre made flavour better than the ones you make which is why making your own has really caught on bud