Author Topic: Inside No. 9 - BBC2 New series starts 10th May 2021  (Read 54233 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Inside No. 9 - BBC2
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:36 am »
Itll be on iplayer im sure. Not seen yet. Cant wait, the Christmas one was excellent.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 11:34:08 am »
Itll be on iplayer im sure. Not seen yet. Cant wait, the Christmas one was excellent.

The Christmas one is series 3 episode 1 and the only one on demand ATM Zilt.  I missed that one too so just downloaded it and will watch tonight. :)

Episode 2 is up already at the usual torrent outlets but as you say, Iplayer will have it later today or tomorrow.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2017, 04:36:14 pm »
Really enjoyed last nights episode. Can't say too much as don't want to spoil things for people.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2017, 08:17:24 pm »
Just watched it..best writing on British TV, bit 70s derivative, but very funny

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »
Well I watched the "paying the bill" one and loved it. Let my eldest watch it who thought it was brilliant.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
Just watched 'paying the bill' - brilliant :)

Shearsmith and Pemberton are genius writers.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:47 am »
Brilliant tale, but I wasn't entirely sure what the very last scene was supposed to mean.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2017, 09:21:02 am »
Brilliant tale, but I wasn't entirely sure what the very last scene was supposed to mean.

Spoiler
They led you to believe they were going to kill Philip Glenisters character because he had uncovered their scam.  Then the very last shot lightens the mood and reveals that instead they had recruited him into their con on the next unsuspecting person  :)
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:43 am »
Actually just thinking. Where did the number 9 feature in this weeks episode?

Can't recall it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2017, 02:18:41 pm »
Actually just thinking. Where did the number 9 feature in this weeks episode?

Can't recall it.

It's name of the restaurant right at the beginning.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:22:39 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2017, 02:36:23 pm »
It's name of the restaurant right at the beginning.

The name was also on the top of the bill, you could see it several times.

The hare was on a shelf in a cabinet at the very start: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/inside-no-9/47261/inside-no-9-did-you-spot-this-hidden-detail-in-every-episode

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:41 pm »
AH cheers lads. I missed the first few seconds so missed the restaurant name.  Will also be good fun spotting the Hare from now on.

I've just watched the first two episodes of season 1. Absolutely brilliant.  The one with the 2 burglers was superb and very funny.  Nice appearance from Oona Chaplin too.

Spotting the famous actors in the episodes is good fun.  Tim Key was in the very first episode from 2014.  I only knew it was him due to his voice. He has lost a shit load of weight between then and now.

The actor who plays Solomon Coop (aid to the Prince) in Taboo was one of the diners last night :)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2017, 11:52:54 pm »
Spoiler
They led you to believe they were going to kill Philip Glenisters character because he had uncovered their scam.  Then the very last shot lightens the mood and reveals that instead they had recruited him into their con on the next unsuspecting person  :)
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, it was either that or he was being forced into it, but I wasn't clear which and neither made much sense. But great up until then. And it's not like they're afraid of a downbeat ending, because
[close]

I just watched the Christmas one after totally missing it when it was on. Beautiful twist at the end, and they really nailed the 70s feel. Thing about this show is that you're continually aware that the rug is going to be pulled away from you somewhere, but it's still a challenge to work out just in what way it's going to go.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2017, 02:50:31 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah, it was either that or he was being forced into it, but I wasn't clear which and neither made much sense. But great up until then. And it's not like they're afraid of a downbeat ending, because
[close]

Spoiler
Not sure why he would be forced into it?  His credit card got refused earlier in the episode. Glenister was just a bit of a southern gob-shite pretending he was rich.  He probably needed the cash the scam would generate.

Thought the ending was great personally and was light-hearted as we initially thought the other 3 were going to kill him to keep him quiet.

Alot of the inside number 9 episode have sinister endings. This one was a happy ending for all involved (except the guy at the end getting scammed :))
[close]

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »
Spoiler
Not sure why he would be forced into it?  His credit card got refused earlier in the episode. Glenister was just a bit of a southern gob-shite pretending he was rich.  He probably needed the cash the scam would generate.

Thought the ending was great personally and was light-hearted as we initially thought the other 3 were going to kill him to keep him quiet.

Alot of the inside number 9 episode have sinister endings. This one was a happy ending for all involved (except the guy at the end getting scammed :))
[close]

Spoiler
The credit card didn't get refused mate, that was part of the con. She just said it was declined, to move the sting to the next stage. He doesn't look at the chip & pin machine. They start protesting him not to call the nanny before he goes for the amex. If he pays, then they never get the knife.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:56:35 pm by Craig S »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2017, 04:15:46 pm »
Spoiler
The credit card didn't get refused mate, that was part of the con. She just said it was declined, to move the sting to the next stage. He doesn't look at the chip & pin machine. They start protesting him not to call the nanny before he goes for the amex. If he pays, then they never get the knife.
[close]

AH yes. Of course

cheers :)

I suppose Riquende does have a point as to why the end shot.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2017, 04:18:13 pm »
There's a Christmas episode I missed??! Brilliant
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 04:24:35 pm »
Caught up with the latest episode, these guys never let you down another supreme 30mins of TV, excellent writing and acting as always. They're filming Series 4 at the moment so we've got lots more episodes to look forward to!

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2017, 12:32:47 am »
very good episode, even though it was pretty obvious what was going on from about halfway through.  i think i can just about ignore that terrible final scene and relish the quality of the writing and acting throughout the rest of it.

the xmas episode was superb though.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2017, 10:01:06 pm »
New one just about to start.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 1, 2017, 10:21:59 am »
Last nights episode was quite good.  Steve Pemberton really is a fucking good actor. Not sure how he ended up in Benidorm like (money probably!!).

Nice to see Alexandra Roach feature last night. She was brilliant in C4's 'Utopia'

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #101 on: March 1, 2017, 10:51:22 am »
I might be a bit slow but what was the connection between his middle name 'Hector' and 'RIP NHS'?
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 1, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »
I might be a bit slow but what was the connection between his middle name 'Hector' and 'RIP NHS'?

I'd like to know too, wound it back three time sand still didn't see any connection.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #103 on: March 1, 2017, 12:07:44 pm »
Google says the NHS refers to Nigel Hector Sphinx, though Sphinx wasn't his name (can't remember if it said what it was in the episode).

Edit - it was Professor Squires. Nigel Hector Squires.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2017, 12:34:05 pm by Riquende »

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #104 on: March 1, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »
Thought last nights episode was brilliant, one of their best. I'll need to watch it a few more times, I'm sure there is lots of little bits I've missed. Steve put together the Crossroad himself, inspired stuff.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 1, 2017, 01:02:02 pm »
Thought last nights episode was brilliant, one of their best. I'll need to watch it a few more times, I'm sure there is lots of little bits I've missed. Steve put together the Crossroad himself, inspired stuff.

I noticed a credit to a Crossword advisory/analyst in the credits.

Not too say Steve didn't compile it. The adviser probably just well, advised him :)

Defo need to watch the episode again. So fast moving but very clever.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #106 on: March 1, 2017, 01:35:06 pm »
How's this for a 10 year old?  Any proper swearing etc.  Jack is intrigued by it after i told him they were thrillers with a twist (being the biggest Death in Paradise fan in the UK - he's watched some of them about a dozen times!!)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #107 on: March 1, 2017, 01:44:49 pm »
How's this for a 10 year old?  Any proper swearing etc.  Jack is intrigued by it after i told him they were thrillers with a twist (being the biggest Death in Paradise fan in the UK - he's watched some of them about a dozen times!!)

As long as lines like "It's wetter than a nun's cucumber" go over his head he should be fine!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 1, 2017, 04:01:20 pm »
Just watched the final episode of series 1 "The Harrowing"

Genuinely fucking scary ending. Surprised they got away with it to be honest!!

Some very funny gags in the episode too, especially from the Goth friend of the babysitter.  :)

A simply genius series. Love it.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #109 on: March 1, 2017, 04:12:06 pm »
As long as lines like "It's wetter than a nun's cucumber" go over his head he should be fine!

:-\

I'll watch and then decide, I'll know when to cough then.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #110 on: March 1, 2017, 04:29:14 pm »
I noticed a credit to a Crossword advisory/analyst in the credits.

Not too say Steve didn't compile it. The adviser probably just well, advised him :)

Defo need to watch the episode again. So fast moving but very clever.

It was yesterday's Guardian Cryptic crossword
https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/cryptic/27132

Steve Pemberton set it, with help from the Guardian's usual bloke.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 1, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »

Dear me Ray

Just look at some of the comments from the stuffy Guardian Readers in relation to the crossword being on the TV show.

The phrase "Miserable. boring c*nts" come to mind.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 1, 2017, 04:43:09 pm »
;D

I laughed out loud at that line last night...Brilliant!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #113 on: March 1, 2017, 06:46:55 pm »
Good job I fucking watched it before the fuck words were spouted, etc. Think it might be a tad over board for a 10 year old.

Was good though  :D
« Last Edit: March 1, 2017, 06:52:51 pm by Ziltoid »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: March 1, 2017, 07:48:29 pm »
Good job I fucking watched it before the fuck words were spouted, etc. Think it might be a tad over board for a 10 year old.

Was good though  :D

Think the last five minutes would have been too dark for him on reflection!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 1, 2017, 08:38:53 pm »
Think the last five minutes would have been too dark for him on reflection!

The last 5 minutes of last nights is like a sunny summer afternoon compared to the last few mins of the Series one finale.

Check it out Nick if you can.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 1, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

Watching  it now and recognised the clues  - I do the Guardian crossword everyday.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #117 on: March 2, 2017, 08:44:41 pm »
Great episode. Could it be possible the RIP NHS was a sly political insert, as well as his initials?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 2, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »
Great episode. Could it be possible the RIP NHS was a sly political insert, as well as his initials?

Pemberton said no.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #119 on: March 2, 2017, 10:52:20 pm »
Pemberton said no.

Surely it must be? Why else choose those initials.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home