Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 305771 times)

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
Re: Away Games
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:41 am »
Its only a closed shop because of credit hunters. If it weren't for people buying less popular games to sell on then there would defo be an opportunity to get on the ladder.

When Hodgy was in charge I got to 4 or 5 on my card but I took the conscious decision not to credit hunt so I only got the two I could go to last season. I'm now screwed for this season and I'm probably only going to get to Wigan in the league.

If people bought tickets honestly then there would be at least 3 or 4 games a season that would go to all members I reckon.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #41 on: February 4, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130130/man-city-ticket-information_2247585_3058950
go to the bottom of the page, why cant our club distribute this information, it says exactly how many fans have what number of away games.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: February 5, 2013, 06:16:21 am »
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130130/man-city-ticket-information_2247585_3058950
go to the bottom of the page, why cant our club distribute this information, it says exactly how many fans have what number of away games.

Maybe if enough of us email les wright he'll have to bring this up an the next lfc fan meeting on behalf of the away supporters
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #43 on: February 5, 2013, 07:45:43 am »
We're Liverpool, we don't play the numbers game, donchuno

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 5, 2013, 06:30:02 pm »
Any guesses on what villa and Newcastle will sell out on

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #45 on: February 5, 2013, 06:44:35 pm »

Reckon villa will probably sell out around 6 and Newcastle possibly 3/4, hoping the latter will drop to 2 though!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 5, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »

Villa and newcastle are giving around 3,100 this year so I guess villa will sell out on 4 but only a handful on 4 will get um with it being a Sunday TV game and for Newcastle if it says as it is on a sat 3pm I think it wouldn't go lower than 5
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #47 on: February 5, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »
Its only a closed shop because of credit hunters. If it weren't for people buying less popular games to sell on then there would defo be an opportunity to get on the ladder.

When Hodgy was in charge I got to 4 or 5 on my card but I took the conscious decision not to credit hunt so I only got the two I could go to last season. I'm now screwed for this season and I'm probably only going to get to Wigan in the league.

If people bought tickets honestly then there would be at least 3 or 4 games a season that would go to all members I reckon.

Bang on mate. Im in the same boat. I had an opportunity to buy tickets last year for games I couldnt attend but I didnt and now I a paying the price as I will probably only get Wigan this season after finishing on 3 credits last season. If they get relegatedthis season i'll be fucked next season!

The thing is, if I would have brought one more game last season and put them on the exchange, i'd probably have 5 credits this year so far....

People know that next year it'll only be worse and they are buying them to sell on just to get the credit.

Im considering getting a centenary hospitality package for a year so can get priority for the aways then cancel the hospitality after one season so that I can keep the credits. Expensive price to pay but looking like the only option if I want aways in the next 5 years!  :butt
« Last Edit: February 5, 2013, 08:21:52 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2013, 11:24:16 am »
Away games system is totally screwed up if a Season ticket holder or member can't get any ticket for an entire season (which, as it stands, seems very likely to happen this season).

Credit hunters are to blame, but they only sell their tickets because someone buys from them. Club, as it stands, is the main responsible to blame here.

How to solve this issue? 2 suggestions:

1. Phased selling process with final selling days close to the match day
- If a buyer only gets his tickets a couple of days before the match, it will be harder for him to sell the ticket.
- If 30% or 40% of our tickets have to be collected from Away stadium ticket offices, the exchange becomes even more unlikely to happen
- However, this does not address the fact that most people meet at the ground before the match to exchange the ticket.

2. Small % of tickets to be sold to members/ST holders with low credits:
- 80% of tickets sold follow current process
- 10% available immediately for 2+ away games people
- 9% available immediately for 1+ away games people
- 1% available immediately for ST/Members
This will prevent many people with 0, 1 or 2 credits to buy from the exchange. They will wait to buy from the club to get the credit. With less people to sell the ticket to, there will be less people buying the ticket for the credit only.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: February 6, 2013, 11:39:51 am »
Bang on mate. Im in the same boat. I had an opportunity to buy tickets last year for games I couldnt attend but I didnt and now I a paying the price as I will probably only get Wigan this season after finishing on 3 credits last season. If they get relegatedthis season i'll be fucked next season!

The thing is, if I would have brought one more game last season and put them on the exchange, i'd probably have 5 credits this year so far....

People know that next year it'll only be worse and they are buying them to sell on just to get the credit.

Im considering getting a centenary hospitality package for a year so can get priority for the aways then cancel the hospitality after one season so that I can keep the credits. Expensive price to pay but looking like the only option if I want aways in the next 5 years!  :butt

So what your saying is that if you purchase a Centenary Hospitality package season ticket then you get priority for away tickets even if you have no loyalty credits ever before on your card?

That sounds a bit strange  :o

Far too expensive for many people though.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #50 on: February 6, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »

1. Phased selling process with final selling days close to the match day
- If a buyer only gets his tickets a couple of days before the match, it will be harder for him to sell the ticket.
- If 30% or 40% of our tickets have to be collected from Away stadium ticket offices, the exchange becomes even more unlikely to happen
- However, this does not address the fact that most people meet at the ground before the match to exchange the ticket.

2. Small % of tickets to be sold to members/ST holders with low credits:
- 80% of tickets sold follow current process
- 10% available immediately for 2+ away games people
- 9% available immediately for 1+ away games people
- 1% available immediately for ST/Members
This will prevent many people with 0, 1 or 2 credits to buy from the exchange. They will wait to buy from the club to get the credit. With less people to sell the ticket to, there will be less people buying the ticket for the credit only.

That would mean that all those fan card holders could be trying online and crash the system so nobody can get any. And I'm not sure their system is up to separating the tickets so the system knows how many it has for those with credits and the rest.

They could have them put to one side for a later sale - so maybe those people will wait and get the tickets on their own cards?
We are a team of one half.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2013, 03:05:43 pm »
So what your saying is that if you purchase a Centenary Hospitality package season ticket then you get priority for away tickets even if you have no loyalty credits ever before on your card?

Yeah if you have a Centenary Hospitality season ticket you can buy without any credit.

Says the following on all away sale announcement:
"Executive box holders, centenary, premier and executive members should contact the hospitality sales department on 0151 263 9199."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2013, 03:09:11 pm »

Yeah if you have a Centenary Hospitality season ticket you can buy without any credit.

Says the following on all away sale announcement:
"Executive box holders, centenary, premier and executive members should contact the hospitality sales department on 0151 263 9199."

It's not a priority. You can request and 9 times out of 10 you get the away ticket (which you pay for btw). You also get sorted AFTER everyone else has.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #53 on: February 6, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »
After everyone else? Then there'd be none left as we always sell out! Or do you mean they gets their before the second announcement say?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 6, 2013, 10:10:12 pm »
After everyone else? Then there'd be none left as we always sell out! Or do you mean they gets their before the second announcement say?

Fromwhat I heard from people who have done it, if you get hospitality and you want an away game you will get one. You can then cancel it after one season and I have heard of people to have been offered a ST and the credits then stay on the card.

Its a rich mans way f getting on the away ladder fast and skipping the waiting list for a ST. Its just whether or not you have the £3.5k or whatever it is to pay for it  :-\
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 6, 2013, 10:21:45 pm »

Nope after everyone else. There is a small allocation from what I know. These are on the basis of who applies for them. The main season ticket holders sale happens first. Only when that is done do they contact Exec boxes, Centenary, Premier season ticket holders.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: February 6, 2013, 10:26:35 pm »
Yeah but i bet these tickets cost about £4k  ::)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #57 on: February 7, 2013, 02:18:41 am »
Fromwhat I heard from people who have done it, if you get hospitality and you want an away game you will get one. You can then cancel it after one season and I have heard of people to have been offered a ST and the credits then stay on the card.

Its a rich mans way f getting on the away ladder fast and skipping the waiting list for a ST. Its just whether or not you have the £3.5k or whatever it is to pay for it  :-\

That's the same thing I heard.

I called the hospitality department and said I wanted a hospitality ST but I'm not sure if I can afford it the next season as well and asked if there would be any change of getting it downgraded to a regular ST. She couldn't answer that question as it would depend on the number of ST's that would be available next season.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 7, 2013, 08:33:36 am »
That's the same thing I heard.

I called the hospitality department and said I wanted a hospitality ST but I'm not sure if I can afford it the next season as well and asked if there would be any change of getting it downgraded to a regular ST. She couldn't answer that question as it would depend on the number of ST's that would be available next season.

Money talks mate. You throw enough of it at them, they will create opportunities for anyone. Sad, but thats the way the world works.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 7, 2013, 09:25:41 am »
I'm paying the price for not taking some games up last season due to money. I think I remember seeing QPR & Stoke drop to ST holders & members. Only ended up with Blackburn on my card and now looks like i'll struggle to get on the ladder at all this season

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #60 on: February 7, 2013, 10:19:28 am »
Money talks mate. You throw enough of it at them, they will create opportunities for anyone. Sad, but thats the way the world works.

Ture, but i still think £3500-4000 is way too much for it being worth doing.

But if you have money and nothing better to spend it on I guess it's the best way to skip the waiting list for a ST and get away credit.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: February 7, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »

But if you have money and nothing better to spend it on I guess it's the best way to skip the waiting list for a ST and get away credit.

I agree there, it depends on how badly you want to do most or all of the aways. I mean you can mostly get sorted on the exchange for a lot of games, but its never certain. Also like you say depends on if you have the cash as well.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 7, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »
to be honest do the club really give that much of shit about away game sales? given the lack of money they make from them I can't ever see them ploughing too much effort into changing the way they sell them.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 8, 2013, 09:10:57 am »

So it's £3500-£4000 for all homes games plus say an average of £45 for the aways so you're looking at the guts of 5 grand

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #64 on: February 8, 2013, 09:15:23 am »
...and watching the home games on your own with the suits.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 8, 2013, 09:17:04 am »
So it's £3500-£4000 for all homes games plus say an average of £45 for the aways so you're looking at the guts of 5 grand

The cheapest - if you can use that word - is 2990 as far as i know.. Depending on the cup runs - 100-150 pounds a home game.. Free programme though and you can stuff yourself as full as you want..

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 8, 2013, 09:18:16 am »
...and watching the home games on your own with the suits.

The odd suit, tourists, a few local comedians/moaners.. Like most of the ground actually
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #67 on: February 8, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »
The cheapest - if you can use that word - is 2990 as far as i know.. Depending on the cup runs - 100-150 pounds a home game.. Free programme though and you can stuff yourself as full as you want..

Maybe worth it if you have free drinks  :hally    ;)

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:18 am »
Cardiff looks set to gain promotion... Anyone knows how many tickets do they usually allocate to away teams?
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:41 am »
Cardiff looks set to gain promotion... Anyone knows how many tickets do they usually allocate to away teams?

Think it's the same as Reading mate, very low, reckon around 2300-2400.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2013, 01:12:52 pm »
Just thinking. The one credit I have is likely to get nothing next year if wigan go down.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2013, 01:19:14 pm »
Just thinking. The one credit I have is likely to get nothing next year if wigan go down.

Wouldn't have thought 2 or 3 credits would go very far next season either!

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

They allocate the corner section of the ground which holds around 2200

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »
same as Swansea 2000-2100.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2013, 04:56:48 pm »
don't really want Cardiff in the prem, shite allocation and it doesn't look like much of a good away.. bit like Swansea really.

Also people talking about buying hospitality tickets and things just to get credits are just stupid. You can go to most away games from getting spares off here and on twitter so just keep getting them and going the matches whilst trying to build up your own loyalty. That's what I had to do and considering 3 years ago I had 0 credits i've only missed around 5 aways(excluding euros) since 2010. Now 3 years on I should be able to get most tickets for next season.

Just wait it out, it's not nice but you'll get there in the end.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:36:00 pm by Luke17 »

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »
Also people talking about buying hospitality tickets and things just to get credits are just stupid. You can go to most away games from getting spares off here and on twitter so just keep getting them and going the matches until you can build up your own loyalty
-----

That is incorrect, how is getting tickets on twitter/rawk going to help you build loyalty??

If you get a hospitality thing, you are 99% sure of a ticket which will get recorded against your own card, and then even if you give it up next season you'll still have the credits!

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 05:02:51 pm »
don't really want Cardiff in the prem, shite allocation and it doesn't look like much of a good away.. bit like Swansea really.

Also people talking about buying hospitality tickets and things just to get credits are just stupid. You can go to most away games from getting spares off here and on twitter so just keep getting them and going the matches until you can build up your own loyalty. That's what I had to do and considering 3 years ago I had 0 credits i've only missed around 5 aways(excluding euros) since 2010. Now 3 years on I should be able to get most tickets for next season.

best thing to do is to get whatever drops to 1/2/3 aways and see what you end up on at the end of the day you go to the aways because you wanna watch your club away so whether one season you on 3 aways but drop to 1 or 2 just go with it and keep watching the site till eventually it drops to your credits then buy, there will be a time when it'll drop low one season there are fans that will stop going due to finance or job commitments or other reasons, just gotta bide your time. to add this this I know a united fan who applies for all the aways (that's how they sell theirs) he has 0 aways and every one of his applications have come back as unsuccessful so even he's finding it hard to get on the ladder.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:06:19 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »
Also people talking about buying hospitality tickets and things just to get credits are just stupid. You can go to most away games from getting spares off here and on twitter so just keep getting them and going the matches until you can build up your own loyalty
-----

That is incorrect, how is getting tickets on twitter/rawk going to help you build loyalty??

If you get a hospitality thing, you are 99% sure of a ticket which will get recorded against your own card, and then even if you give it up next season you'll still have the credits!

Think you've mis-read what I meant, I meant just get the tickets off twitter/rawk and then your still going the games and in the meantime you can try and build up your own loyalty too.

An it's just not worth £4000 for me, infact i'd probably sell all my away loyalty now for £4000 if someone offered me it, it's just too much when you can just wait a couple of years and get them for nothing.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 08:49:04 pm »

Also people talking about buying hospitality tickets and things just to get credits are just stupid. You can go to most away games from getting spares off here and on twitter so just keep getting them and going the matches whilst trying to build up your own loyalty. That's what I had to do and considering 3 years ago I had 0 credits i've only missed around 5 aways(excluding euros) since 2010. Now 3 years on I should be able to get most tickets for next season.

Cardiff wont be to bad! about 10/15 min walk from the ground is a place called Canton few pubs along there much better than swansea

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:09 pm »

Unless either Blackburn or Bolton come back up through the play offs...