Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 305746 times)

Offline coxy99

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Away Games
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »
Need some advice from you guys.  I am a LFC member and try to go to as many home games as I can (I live in London).  Would love to try to do some away games (Arsenal/Chelsea/etc) but seems to be a catch 22 situation with you needing an away record and to be a season ticket holder.  Whats the best way to try and start building up an away record?  Are there any games which the pre-requisite isnt you attending all of last seasons away games? 

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
Re: Away Games
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:24 pm »
Need some advice from you guys.  I am a LFC member and try to go to as many home games as I can (I live in London).  Would love to try to do some away games (Arsenal/Chelsea/etc) but seems to be a catch 22 situation with you needing an away record and to be a season ticket holder.  Whats the best way to try and start building up an away record?  Are there any games which the pre-requisite isnt you attending all of last seasons away games?

You could probably start off with Arsenal away

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:11 pm »
It's harder this season for people to get on the ladder because Bolton and Blackburn used to be pretty much guaranteed. You just have to keep an eye out for sales dropping down (for example, Arsenal was 10 credits today but has been dropped to 5 tomorrow), evening games in particular, and don't be too fussy about what games you pick. Wigan you should be sorted OK for to start you off.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline coxy99

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:40:33 pm »
Thanks guys xx

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »
Might be worth having a read through this thread mate...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293916.0

If I was you I'd keep a look out for the arsenal game as that looks like a game that might drop to an all members sale.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »
Might be worth having a read through this thread mate...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293916.0

If I was you I'd keep a look out for the arsenal game as that looks like a game that might drop to an all members sale.
especially at £62 a ticket :no

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »
especially at £62 a ticket :no

I agree mate, but having said that they've sold well today it seems!

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:29 am »
Do we reckon Wigan will be the best chance to get started on the away ladder then?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 12:11:39 am »
probably, considering the higher than average allocation and cheaper prices that should be announced for AWAY games !

Bolton and Blackburn would of been nice to start aswell but they dont look like bouncing straight back up.
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:12:09 am »
Do we reckon Wigan will be the best chance to get started on the away ladder then?

Might be but last season Wigan went to people who had at least 1 away, it didn't go to all STH's or Members. Your best bet is if where not doing that well towards the end of the season and have nothing to play for that's when you need to be on the ball.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 12:18:17 am »
I'll keep an eye out then. Cheers.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:18 am »
Closed shop for abit now I reckon.

Until you get teams coming up like Blackburn and Bolton it will be impossible to get on the ladder.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:55 pm »
Depends if Wigan gets moved - could go down to all again.
We are a team of one half.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:51 pm »
Might be but last season Wigan went to people who had at least 1 away, it didn't go to all STH's or Members. Your best bet is if where not doing that well towards the end of the season and have nothing to play for that's when you need to be on the ball.
Have a little faith. Come the end of the season we could be pushing for 4th, looking forward to a europa cup final and FA cup final as well :wave

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 08:32:10 pm »
Have a little faith. Come the end of the season we could be pushing for 4th, looking forward to a europa cup final and FA cup final as well :wave
Now that would be nice..

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:27:52 pm »
best bet is wigan this season. thought southampton/newcastle might of gone down to around 1 or 2 but have my doubts at the minute unless you have 3 or 4 aways this season its a closed shop. 3 or 4 will get you a few, 5 or 6 will get you around the 10+ or so mark and 10 will get you every away so far.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:29:50 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:23 pm »
Didn't know to post this here or on a new thread but out allocation away at Wigan is most prob going to be majorly cut this season as Wigan are selling hospitality packages for seats in our section at £125. Roughly 1000 tickets were sold this way for there game against united and also a number of ticket/ travel packages were sold via a Irish travel firm for seats in the away end. It's expected our fixture will be sold the same. The PL have said that Wigan aren't breaking any rules in doing this as they only have to give visiting teams 2513 tickets.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »
Didn't know to post this here or on a new thread but out allocation away at Wigan is most prob going to be majorly cut this season as Wigan are selling hospitality packages for seats in our section at £125. Roughly 1000 tickets were sold this way for there game against united and also a number of ticket/ travel packages were sold via a Irish travel firm for seats in the away end. It's expected our fixture will be sold the same. The PL have said that Wigan aren't breaking any rules in doing this as they only have to give visiting teams 2513 tickets.

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/commercial/hospitality-details/liverpool.aspx

£162 inc vat in the away section, they won't be selling a thousand of those in the LFC section.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:51:36 pm by fy7reds »

Offline jbrady10016

• Main Stander
  • They say our days are numbered
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »
http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/commercial/hospitality-details/liverpool.aspx

£162 inc vat in the away section, they won't be selling a thousand of those in the LFC section.

United got 3950, and the stand holds 5400 so our allocation will be similar?

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
United got 3950, and the stand holds 5400 so our allocation will be similar?
If I remember right from last season we only got about 3800 I think so it's likely yes.

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 01:35:25 pm »
I'm facing the same situation as you coxy99. Member for a few years, moved to the UK (London) this season and I've been trying to go to any away match. Not possible at all at the moment.

As it stands, I think there is a severe risk that people in our situation won't be able to get a single ticket for an away fixture this season.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline hope_valley_parker

• Nosey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Found a better place to park....
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 01:54:27 pm »
As it stands, I think there is a severe risk that people in our situation won't be able to get a single ticket for an away fixture this season.

Have you been trying the ticket exchange?

Offline nadeeer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 03:09:21 pm »
I also moved down from Liverpool to the south in March of last year and am now based in London and I am not on the away game ladder at all (almost all home credits and 0 away credits). However I've been to all the London aways so far as well as a few others around the country, and those are all thanks to people I've met off the ticket exchange. And I'm not the only one, there are plenty of others down here who manage in a similar situation.

If you're not getting a single ticket for an away fixture, you're not looking hard enough. There are always plenty on the ticket exchange. You may just need to be a bit quicker or get a bit of luck, but there are certainly people being sorted.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »
if you think its difficult getting away games this season your gunna feel it even more next season. can see aways selling out even higher than this season. no games selling lower than 3 aways this season meaning fans are buying for loyalty. games are going as low as 5 or 6 as i believe fans who are near full credits some dont go anymore and dont bother with credits or the bother of selling them off of which fans are taking advantage and fans on 5 or 6 are gunna be on 10+ aways next season and fans on 3 or 4 will be on 7+ next season. they will most likely keep building their aways meaning fans on low credits wont get a look in next season unless we start seeing teams with high allocation/local teams coming up e.g blackburn, bolton not necessary wigan due to the reduction in away allocation.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »
Best bet this year for those with no credit, except for Wigan, is keeping an eye out for returns sales towards the end of the season, games like Southampton and Newcastle might be a chance..

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »
Best bet this year for those with no credit, except for Wigan, is keeping an eye out for returns sales towards the end of the season, games like Southampton and Newcastle might be a chance..
honestly think southampton will sell out on 4 or 5 maybe a little higher due to saturday game and newcastle will sell out on 3 or 4 lowest.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »
honestly think southampton will sell out on 4 or 5 maybe a little higher due to saturday game and newcastle will sell out on 3 or 4 lowest.

If we get through zenit in the Europa then Southampton will be moved to the Sunday, and in that case I can see it dropping down very low.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »
If we get through zenit in the Europa then Southampton will be moved to the Sunday, and in that case I can see it dropping down very low.
in that case yeah this one may drop further if thats the case this may be one fans will take advantage of especially those below 3 will want to get on the ladder for this.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »
in that case yeah this one may drop further if thats the case this may be one fans will take advantage of especially those below 3 will want to get on the ladder for this.

Tell me about it! Will take anything on 2 credits this year, struggling to get anything at the moment haha

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 03:47:44 pm »

Tell me about it! Will take anything on 2 credits this year, struggling to get anything at the moment haha
my stepdad has 2 himself and the only one he has this year is west ham due to the cock up which he took advantage of.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 03:48:35 pm »
my stepdad has 2 himself and the only one he has this year is west ham due to the cock up which he took advantage of.

Admittedly I snuck that one as well!!

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:39 pm »
Admittedly I snuck that one as well!!
i think they did it on the sly to give fans on nothing a chance knowing they wont get anything else.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:53 pm »
i think they did it on the sly to give fans on nothing a chance knowing they wont get anything else.

Haha. Would appreciate a few more of those this season! Doesn't look too good so far :(

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »
away tickets next season are gunna be like the fa cup at the minute.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

Bit far fetched that lad

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »
Bit far fetched that lad
if not someone defo got the sack for that blunder  ;D.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »
Alternatively those on zero could hope middlesborough get promoted for next season!

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »
Personally i think that no matter what the credit requirements are for away games they will never ( or rarely) drop down to 2 or even 1 credits as people will always buy them to keep their credits up for next season.

They don't have to go to the games as they can put them on the exchange to get their money back but still keep the credits.

Also i know that tickets are available on the exchange but a lot of people would like to get the aways via the club so as to gain a credit ( me included) but this is mostly impossible........its a real catch 22 situation to try to get on the ladder.

If you aren't bothered about the credit then the exchange is the way to go.

To get on the 'ladder' and build up credits at the same time is the problem with no immediate answer.

( sorry if i seem to have stated the obvious :-\).
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 10:59:53 pm »
Have you been trying the ticket exchange?

I've tried it for the London games, no luck. But I reckon there's a chance in there.

But, to be honest, ticket exchange only feeds this vicious cycle of Away credits. You can buy a ticket for an Away match even if you don't want to attend as you know you'll always sell it and get the credit.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline KM519

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 02:02:37 am »
It goes in cycles of opportunity. With the club appearing to be on the ascendency with a new manager and change in squad players (seemingly for the better), the demand for aways will only increase (or at least, not drop). It will take a sustained run of poor form, high ticket prices, and larger allocations from the clubs in the premier league in any given season to all align to give the opportunity to get on the ladder - high enough so that you can actually go to several games bar the scraps.

Otherwise, as has been mentioned, the exchange is a good way to go to get tickets (a process in itself which is keeping credits high, but even if this wasn't available, there are dozens of other routes people could get rid of or exchange tickets).