Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122316 times)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers
« on: October 1, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »
Changed thread title to reflect the more generic nature of the thread.

As usual, spoiler tags for anything juicy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:53:40 am by SP »

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »
Claire Danes with black hair

Spoiler
Hnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg
[close]
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »
Shall be saving them all up to watch at once. From this point on * I will not read the spoilers*

See how much will power I have then.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2012, 05:30:40 pm »
Spoiler
What were her freaky eyes doing for you?
[close]

Spoiler
Unspeakable things. Unspeakable.
[close]

Anyway, great first episode. Setting up a couple of very interesting threads already.

Spoiler
I was a little apprehensive about just quickly the CIA sent out the clearly still unstable Carrie though. I'm sure they could have found easier way for her to get to the asset. Anyway, not a major complaint and it did lead to the nicely done chase scene.
[close]

Also, can we not just flag this thread as full of spoilers for all recent episodes so we don't have to converse with the tags all the time?

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »
In for this.

Season 2 - Episode 1: watched.

Brilliant.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2012, 03:18:58 am »
Link anyone?
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: October 2, 2012, 03:31:34 am »
Is it just me or is Claire Danes a really bad actress? Everything seems extremely forced and unnatural. Might be something they're trying to convey, but just seems off to me.

Offline apocalypse

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: October 2, 2012, 03:52:29 am »
Is it just me or is Claire Danes a really bad actress? Everything seems extremely forced and unnatural. Might be something they're trying to convey, but just seems off to me.

Think that's because she's playing a bipolar character. And it's just you. She won an emmy for her acting

Offline SkrtelPower

• NewCold
  • Kopite
  • Leave it yeeeeeeeah! Queen of his own world.
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2012, 03:59:22 am »
Sort them fucking sweat patches out, Carrie is such a bloke.

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 2, 2012, 07:26:29 am »
So excited for this season. Just finished the first episode. Loved Carrie's smile, she was so pleased with herself after the chase.haha.
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 2, 2012, 07:36:52 am »
Damien Lewis is a fantastic actor. I thought he could never get a role as good as Captain Winters again, but this is superb in an anti-hero kind.

Danes is a fantastic actress, I don't think many could portray that kind of a role very effectively.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 2, 2012, 10:23:55 am »
Claire Danes is very good in Homeland, I haven't seen her in anything else so I haven't got much of a frame of reference in regards to how good an actress she is.  She's supposed to be manic and over the top Carrie does act unnaturally, personally think she has the character nailed.

I thought the opening episode was very good although throwing Carrie in at the deep end seems a bit forced.  It's like the writers have thought 'lets just get this over and done with'.  That aside, brilliant TV.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 2, 2012, 12:02:09 pm »
Do you reckon the deeper all this gets the more he'll be rumbled and he'll become a double agent?

That is what is going to define this series. Some plots collapse on itself. For it to remain interesting and be logical in structure story-wise, they are going to have to show him making an irreversible choice sooner or later, which will define him in the eyes of his wife, the Vice-President. But, if they keep dragging this on, with him being confused it will get old soon. The writers have a lot of potential, I just hope they are not afraid to define new story arcs.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 2, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »

Just you mate - she's phenomenal! She's won two Emmy awards in three years - for two different roles. That's good going.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #14 on: October 2, 2012, 10:39:49 pm »
Spoiler
Thought they'd have some sort of flashback to when she remembered Brody screaming Isa(sp?) in his sleep at the start, but it just showed her getting the treatment. Think Dana will have a massive part to play, no idea how though.
[close]

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2012, 01:22:51 am »
For any Irish on here the new series started on RTE2 tonight which was a nice surprise. Got it series linked and will save me from downloading it as I dont mind waiting another day to watch it.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2012, 06:54:45 pm »
Spoiler
Thought they'd have some sort of flashback to when she remembered Brody screaming Isa(sp?) in his sleep at the start, but it just showed her getting the treatment. Think Dana will have a massive part to play, no idea how though.
[close]

I think that will be episode 6-7 because that was huge.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »
How many eps are there in this season?

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2012, 09:40:08 pm »
How many eps are there in this season?

"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2012, 06:31:13 am »
Spoiler
Did it actually show how much of a time lapse there's been?

I know Saul wanted the promotion and relocation that was due after the current ambassador's retirement, and he's obviously settled there, so how far ahead have we skipped?

[close]
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »
Spoiler
Did it actually show how much of a time lapse there's been?

I know Saul wanted the promotion and relocation that was due after the current ambassador's retirement, and he's obviously settled there, so how far ahead have we skipped?

[close]

Col -
Spoiler
Pretty sure I read it was six months.
[close]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »
Col -
Spoiler
Pretty sure I read it was six months.
[close]

Spoiler
How come the son is sooooooo much bigger than he was? Was he recast? Was shocked, saw him and thought a year or 2 had passed, then the daughter is still 16! Also what makes it so unbelievable for me is the scene where she is talking to Saul and he says she must walk past the cafe where he is waiting cause he "has company" so after telling her the address where to meet she doesn't for some unknown bloody reason, hang up the phone!? WTF?
[close]

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #22 on: October 5, 2012, 09:58:51 am »
Spoiler
How come the son is sooooooo much bigger than he was? Was he recast? Was shocked, saw him and thought a year or 2 had passed, then the daughter is still 16! Also what makes it so unbelievable for me is the scene where she is talking to Saul and he says she must walk past the cafe where he is waiting cause he "has company" so after telling her the address where to meet she doesn't for some unknown bloody reason, hang up the phone!? WTF?
[close]

Spoiler
It's the same kid, he's meant to be say 13/14 I guess and at that age you do start to grow alot and it can be pretty sudden so its not that strange. With Carrie well she's going to be all over the place still isn’t she? She would’ve been through a lot in the last 6 months so I wouldn’t expect her to act how a normal field agent should. Saul wanted to call off/postpone the mission as they thought Carrie wasn’t upto it.

[close]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #23 on: October 5, 2012, 10:03:02 am »

Spoiler
It's the same kid, he's meant to be say 13/14 I guess and at that age you do start to grow alot and it can be pretty sudden so its not that strange. With Carrie well she's going to be all over the place still isn’t she? She would’ve been through a lot in the last 6 months so I wouldn’t expect her to act how a normal field agent should. Saul wanted to call off/postpone the mission as they thought Carrie wasn’t upto it.

[close]

Spoiler
That's fine and all, but then Saul carries on talking to her? Why doesn't he tell her to hang up or hang up the phone himself? It makes zero sense to me.
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #24 on: October 5, 2012, 10:06:57 am »
Spoiler
Very good episode for an introduction to the new season.Personally,I didn't mind the whole thing with Carrie being back in the game so early.Quite the opposite actually.No wasting time about her rehabilitation and possibly avoiding boring moments ala House in the clinic.Is it me or the pace is substantially faster than the first season?Don't complain of course but it's probably down to a new kind of suspense as we have already seen what Brody is all about.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #26 on: October 5, 2012, 09:02:30 pm »
I'm giving up on the spoilers.

Something that occurred to me as I was flying over the Italian part of the Alps today was that despite being a mentally unstable, Carrie seems to inspire trust in other women.

First we see her and the Crown Prince's dolly bird and now the lady in Israel that will talk to her and her alone. I wonder if it's deliberate, or simply coincidence.
Lebanon, no?

That a good point and it might come down to the fact that she strikes them as being on their side.  She's a mentalist, but she's my mentalist. Also, I think they feel that she understands them and doesn't judge.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #27 on: October 5, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »
Yeah I agree. I think they managed their first-episode obligations quite well.  I loved the first season until I felt they somewhat lost the reins near the end. The episodes were still full of tension but left me somewhat cold because I thought the plot was getting too loose.

I'm looking forward to where they'll go with this season.
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 5, 2012, 10:22:13 pm »
I wonder what they'll do with Claire Danes as they finish filming the final few episodes. She's very pregnant at the moment, and will be heavily pregnant in December (I think). I know you can hide a lot with clever clothes and lighting but 8 months pregnant will be a different prospect.

She'll be captured and hidden in a cave for a few months, and Saul will have to rescue her against Estes' orders.

;)
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #29 on: October 5, 2012, 10:28:56 pm »
Just shoot her from the chest up.

Unless she ends up looking like January Jones when she was pregnant on Mad Men. Absolutely no hiding that.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »
She'll be carrying a terrorist baby.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #31 on: October 6, 2012, 07:31:07 pm »
good opening episode, although it was a bit all over the place.  claire danes is a brilliant actress, but the girl who plays dana is pretty good too.  teenage american actresses can tend to come across as whiny and plastic, but she manages to convey a lot more than most through her expression/tone of voice.

i'm not convinced the show will have the legs for a whole season, but i'm happy to be proven wrong.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #32 on: October 7, 2012, 10:37:53 am »
Agreed about Brody's girl and she is very interesting as a character and in complete contrast to her brother.As for the show and if it will remain in the same high standards as the first season,I also have my doubts but i guess we have to be patient and see how it will unfold.The start was certainly positive though i think.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
Ding-Ding! Episode 2 on tonight.

How might I go about watching this live, given that I live in the UK?

dan its not worth it the adverts drive you insane and the streams arent that good if am honest  better off waiting a hr and its available to download and watch it one go

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2012, 09:29:09 am »
Just watched episode 2...

Spoiler
FUCKING HELL
[close]

hardly giving much away mate with that spoiler  ;D

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 8, 2012, 10:34:38 am »
Episode 2

WOW

DAT ENDING.

It's getting better....

Spoiler

Now we will see who is the mole

Estes
Saul

Will Saul use this information to blackmail Brody? Did you notice that it was Walker's backpack? Too much epic.

[close]
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 10:54:42 am by FernandoSusoLFC »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #37 on: October 8, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
Spoiler
OH MY FUCKING GOD. EPIC!
[close]

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 8, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »
Spoiler
Whooaaa. Which backpack was Walker's? The one Carrie picked up?
[close]

Spoiler

Yes, I believe so. In the finale we saw Walker wearing a back pack and he must of picked up the memory chip from the wall to know that Brody went through with the attack.

It's a theory
[close]

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 8, 2012, 07:09:27 pm »
Episode 1 spoiler (haven't seen 2 yet)

Spoiler
Episode 1 was a bit uneventful, seems a bit weird that Brody would just 'come out' to his wife like that, and also the fact that he said 'I'm not a terrorist' yet he keeps doing stuff for them. Kinda kills the whole suspense of the first Season.
[close]