Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3300704 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16320 on: April 26, 2017, 11:39:57 pm »
That's internet celebrity for yer.  People being grateful for being provided with stuff they pay for.  Bit mad.

Besides, they pay their TAW contributors now don't they, rather than relying on them volunteering out of a sense of altruism?
I don't think all contributors are paid, I'm not sure and not bothered mate. I feel I pay a small amount for a lot of content and I've been grateful for Pinks being done immediately after really late games so they are available for me early the next morning.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16321 on: April 27, 2017, 12:31:47 am »
Who knew Philomena Cunk was a red :P
😅
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16322 on: April 27, 2017, 12:34:38 am »
Sorry - personal question - my iPhone was stolen so I'm using a piece of shit Android thing until it's replaced. How do I find and log in to TAW Player on Sitcher or whatever passes for iTunes on this monumental heap of shite? I;ve found The Wrap but a search for TAW Player throws up all kinds of nonsense.

It's free through Tune-in radio
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #16323 on: April 27, 2017, 10:35:08 am »
I really like 50/50 football however the quality of the line of the phone ins, can be appalling. I assume they're using a standard phone line and recording it.

They need to try using "facetime audio call" on iphone. It'll be a digital signal and it's much much clearer. No static. Some of the callers are genuinely so hard to hear I turn it off because it goes through me. Studio audio is perfect.

Just a bit of advice.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16324 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:04 am »
I really like 50/50 football however the quality of the line of the phone ins, can be appalling. I assume they're using a standard phone line and recording it.

They need to try using "facetime audio call" on iphone. It'll be a digital signal and it's much much clearer. No static. Some of the callers are genuinely so hard to hear I turn it off because it goes through me. Studio audio is perfect.

Just a bit of advice.

It's not a standard phone line, it's digital, the signal strength is absolutely dependent on the person on the other end, only as strong as the weakest part.

Not everyone has FaceTime or an iPhone and even then, i'm not aware of a method/voodoo that you could live patch a phone call via FaceTime audio through an audio interface to four live microphones in a studio.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #16325 on: April 27, 2017, 12:58:45 pm »
It's not a standard phone line, it's digital, the signal strength is absolutely dependent on the person on the other end, only as strong as the weakest part.

Not everyone has FaceTime or an iPhone and even then, i'm not aware of a method/voodoo that you could live patch a phone call via FaceTime audio through an audio interface to four live microphones in a studio.

Appriciate the reply mate, It's not a criticsm, I understand technology can be a c*nt and audio would be perfect in an ideal world, but it does sort of hinder the show a lot of the time. I'm sure you're always looking for ways to improve it. I love the show, I've been a sub of TAW since TAW player was released. I'm just wondering if you're looking into a way of improving the audio quality of the phone in callers on 50/50. I tend to listen in the car through bluetooth and on some calls it's genuinely impossible to hear the caller, so I'll wack it up max, then John or Neil come on and nearly shatter my windscreen because it's so much better/louder  :lmao.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16326 on: April 27, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/status/857677441074122752

Good snippet by Stephen Warnock on when he thought he was leaving. Crazy fucking world of football!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #16327 on: April 28, 2017, 10:56:58 pm »
Couldn't hear Shaun Walsh during afq. Is it just me?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16328 on: April 29, 2017, 04:31:47 pm »
This weeks epic AFQ was astonishingly brilliant, Gibbo was on wonderfully, witty form. Thanks lads :)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16329 on: April 30, 2017, 07:54:13 am »
The pro view shows with Stephan Warnock are outstanding

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16330 on: May 1, 2017, 11:15:11 am »
Couldn't hear Shaun Walsh during afq. Is it just me?

No, was the same here as well. Was still a tour de force.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16331 on: May 1, 2017, 01:53:15 pm »
No, was the same here as well. Was still a tour de force.
I suspect his mic failed so it wasn't fixable, but they've ran with it anyway (rightly so, as it was a tremendous episode).  It's a shame as it sounds like he was hitting it out the park - the feed kept going silent for a few seconds, and then massive guffaws all round.

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16332 on: May 2, 2017, 08:28:19 am »
Dan Austin slotted very well into the number 8 role on The Pink, I thought.

Must be in contention for more starts in the first XI.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16333 on: May 4, 2017, 10:29:51 pm »
Ian Salmon is on the verge of becoming unlistenable for me and seems to be on a load of shows at the moment. Stop bringing up what a small minority of divvies on twitter are saying before dismantling their argument. It's just boring.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16334 on: May 4, 2017, 11:48:23 pm »
Just managed to finish last week's AFQ. Amazing listening. Drunk Gibbo on top form.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16335 on: May 5, 2017, 12:03:10 am »
The last pro view with Steven Warnock is simply superb. Brilliant listen.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16336 on: May 5, 2017, 12:08:04 am »
Really enjoyed the standard post Watford discussion with Robbo, Gibbo, Tony Barrett and Mike Nevin, well articulated and little repetition. More of the same for the subscription pods if possible.

Neil on a well earned holiday?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16337 on: May 5, 2017, 10:29:04 am »
Really enjoyed the standard post Watford discussion with Robbo, Gibbo, Tony Barrett and Mike Nevin, well articulated and little repetition.

Agreed, was a superb pod.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16338 on: May 5, 2017, 12:58:32 pm »
Some of the opposition fans on 50/50 irritate the life out of me.

The Chelsea fan last week bemoaning their "awful side who aren't putting any effort in" and this week the City fan bemoaning Gundogan getting injured and them being in no position for a title challenge having spent Iceland's GDP.

The lack of self-awareness from these people is staggering. I prefer the realism and gallows humour of the mid-table and relegation sides.

Glad to see Rob and Gibbo questioning it after the interview.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2017, 01:16:58 pm by bradders1011 »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #16339 on: May 5, 2017, 01:20:31 pm »
Some of the opposition fans on 50/50 irritate the life out of me.

The Chelsea fan last week bemoaning their "awful side who aren't putting any effort in"

Imagine trying to please her

I thought the City fan came across alright though.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16340 on: May 6, 2017, 02:26:18 am »
Bit late but I thought Tony was excellent on the regular Monday podcast last week. Spoke a lot of sense.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16341 on: May 6, 2017, 07:42:32 am »
Bit late but I thought Tony was excellent on the regular Monday podcast last week. Spoke a lot of sense.
Agree. He's a valued voice and knows stuff others don't.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16342 on: May 6, 2017, 09:32:36 am »

Yep I thought he was great to have on, was a v good post-game one.

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #16343 on: May 9, 2017, 11:53:49 am »
A little feedback on the OCD question on AFQ.

I know there's absolutely no intent to offend or anything and I'm the last to be precious about this sort of shit.

My brother has pretty severe and debilitating OCD, the blasé/fun way people use the term fucks him off no end. I guess the key part of that acronym is 'disorder', many of us are obsessive and compulsive but the jump to disorder is where it interferes with your life in a significant way.

Was the first AFQ I've turned off, though my brother didn't so maybe I am a bit precious ;D. Again I'm not actually having a pop just wanted to voice that, mental health awareness and all!

All very fair comment and noted.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16344 on: May 10, 2017, 06:31:44 pm »
Great Review show this week. Totally agree with the lads that the PL is getting a bit shite.
Too many teams trying to dog out draws every week. You couldn't pay me to sit through some of these games.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #16345 on: May 10, 2017, 11:33:17 pm »
Really interesting conversation about Mourinho. This sounds utterly ridiculous now but i've always thought a 2004 version would have worked.

Is anyone going to pretend a young, charismatic (at the time), foreign manager fostering an us against the world attitude wouldn't have been embraced?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16346 on: May 10, 2017, 11:59:13 pm »
Really interesting conversation about Mourinho. This sounds utterly ridiculous now but i've always thought a 2004 version would have worked.

Is anyone going to pretend a young, charismatic (at the time), foreign manager fostering an us against the world attitude wouldn't have been embraced?

Not at all. I remember that time perfectly. Faced with the choice I wanted Benitez.

I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100. Rafa was and always will be a fit for Liverpool.

That bell never was

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16347 on: May 11, 2017, 02:46:38 am »
Not at all. I remember that time perfectly. Faced with the choice I wanted Benitez.

I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100. Rafa was and always will be a fit for Liverpool.

That bell never was

I remember wanting Mourinho, then when Rafa won the league it hit me like a brick that he was the better choice, considering he won the league ahead of Real and Barca twice.

Definitely seemed the better choice, and even Owen said when his Valencia side played us, he really showed he was something special.

I do think in some quarters, the Rafa v Mourinho overshadows that we were considering Curbishley and O'Neill too.

2003/04 was very poor, didn't help Owen getting injured in October, and his contract situation. Or the keeping crisis that saw us bring in Paul Jones. But what really hit me was that loss at Fratton Park if anyone remembers. Which brings me back to my point of why it's surprising we finished 4th.

And Rafa was bound to leave Valencia with the lampshade board the way it was, and Mourinho was definitely on to that next big phase as the shiniest new toy in the game. I believe if we never finished 4th it could of been easily between O'Neill and Curbishley. O'Neill was more high regarded after that run to the Uefa cup final.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:49:28 am by Andy Hunter »
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16348 on: May 11, 2017, 06:28:05 am »
^ Absolutely. We were fortunate that back then everyone was bloody rubbish. We finished with 60 points which Everton will likely pass this season in their own table in 7th.

Rafa doesn't come here in 2004 without the European cup, The prospect of either of those other clowns is another sliding doors moment that is terrifying

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16349 on: May 15, 2017, 09:02:43 pm »
A strange request...

Could we have more drunken celebrating on the Pink.  It's getting a touch too sober and sensible for my tastes..

I like a bit of drunken anarchy me. ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16350 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »
A strange request...

Could we have more drunken celebrating on the Pink.  It's getting a touch too sober and sensible for my tastes..

Seconded.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16351 on: May 15, 2017, 09:18:37 pm »
I liked the ones live from Andy's car, or from the local Pizza Hut.  I think they did one from a cinema once?

Pinks need to be done fresh out the ground I reckon, it's the one show that can actually capture a bit of the match atmosphere.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16352 on: May 15, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »
A strange request...

Early Sunday kick off to blame.

I agree, btw.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16353 on: May 15, 2017, 10:55:12 pm »
Early Sunday kick off to blame.

I agree, btw.
Yeah we've had too many of them recently.

The analysis on the pink has been good, don't get me wrong, but you already get that on the review shows.

I like the piss up in the pub after the match feel about a good pink..  In someone's car having a laugh..  it's always a joy when we win...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16354 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:33 pm »
The Chelsea fan last week bemoaning their "awful side who aren't putting any effort in" and this week the City fan bemoaning Gundogan getting injured and them being in no position for a title challenge having spent Iceland's GDP.

The lack of self-awareness from these people is staggering. I prefer the realism and gallows humour of the mid-table and relegation sides.

Glad to see Rob and Gibbo questioning it after the interview.

She's consistently poor, not too sure what she adds a part from making Chelsea fans seem as irritating as we imagine.

Most of the other contributors are excellent and give great insight into their teams and their fans' mindset.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #16355 on: May 18, 2017, 11:58:15 am »
I don't think that Rebecca Knight has enjoyed anything this season.  Seems to resent the fact it's been achieved without Jose
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16356 on: May 19, 2017, 10:02:37 am »
I don't think that Rebecca Knight has enjoyed anything this season.  Seems to resent the fact it's been achieved without Jose
It's like she's adopted an editorial stance and she's sticking to it.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #16357 on: May 19, 2017, 01:48:51 pm »
I didn't really get Senior's shout regarding Van Dijk. He wouldn't be crazy about the signing because he doesn't think he's good enough or because of his latest injury (btw did he have injury problems in the past? ) ?

I think he would be an excellent signing for us and at worst, he will be of the same quality like Matip or Lovren which is good, you know... Sadly, I think Chelsea will get him.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline PaulSenior

• Main Stander
  • And its off to the match we go...
« Reply #16358 on: May 20, 2017, 01:17:07 am »
He's played 21 games this season. He, to me, always seems to miss games. Can't be arsed. Actually don't think he's that good either. Might be wrong? If we get him, sound, I'll be happy, 50m tho? Be arsed.

I didn't really get Senior's shout regarding Van Dijk. He wouldn't be crazy about the signing because he doesn't think he's good enough or because of his latest injury (btw did he have injury problems in the past? ) ?

I think he would be an excellent signing for us and at worst, he will be of the same quality like Matip or Lovren which is good, you know... Sadly, I think Chelsea will get him.
@PaulSenior1

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #16359 on: May 20, 2017, 01:21:32 am »
He's played 21 games this season. He, to me, always seems to miss games. Can't be arsed. Actually don't think he's that good either. Might be wrong? If we get him, sound, I'll be happy, 50m tho? Be arsed.
Bar a 3 month spell he missed through an operation to remove his appendix in 2012 and before the injury this season he has missed 4 days in 6 years.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.