Author Topic: Joey Barton. Bad wool.  (Read 119098 times)

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joey Barton. Bless.
« Reply #680 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »
Do we know who's to blame for Barton placing these bets yet?

The FA?  His parents?  Ray Winstone?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #681 on: April 27, 2017, 02:37:49 pm »
Even if he's fighting against this addiction and losing there are thousands of ways to satisfy it that don't involve football. You can still suffer from addiction and try to mitigate the damage it does to your life while you fight it.

Stop plucking things out of your arse and just admit you don't know what you're talking about lad

Seriously, just stop.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #682 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:05 pm »
Stop plucking things out of your arse and just admit you don't know what you're talking about lad

Seriously, just stop.

So it's possible to be addicted to gambling on one specific sport? I don't know much about addiction but it seems very odd to me that a gambling addict simply HAS to bet on football, as against any other of the many sports that you can bet on.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2017, 02:45:58 pm »
So it's possible to be addicted to gambling on one specific sport? I don't know much about addiction but it seems very odd to me that a gambling addict simply HAS to bet on football, as against any other of the many sports that you can bet on.

I would say that it's unlikely alright.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »

Quote from: Joey Barton
As for the scale of my football betting, since 2004, on a Betfair account held in my own name, registered at my home address and verified by my own passport, with full transparency, I have placed over 15,000 bets across a whole range of sports. Just over 1,200 were placed on football and subject to the charges against me.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2017, 03:13:41 pm »
15k bets is utterly ridiculous.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #686 on: April 27, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »

No. That's not what I'm getting at at all

Frizzo seems to think that just because Barton has a gambling addiction doesn't mean that he can't (and I quote) "balance it with logic". Anyone who knows anything about addiction knows that once it gets a hold of you then your ability to balance your behaviour with any form of logic goes right out the window.

He obviously doesn't know as much about it as he thinks he does. Yet rather than just admit that, he went ahead and started spouting more ill-informed nonsense. Its easy to say that Barton should have done this and that or that he could have gone and satisfied his urges by gambling on something other than football.

Addiction causes compulsive behavior. Like I say, all rationale goes out the window. The unfortunate people who gamble their homes and their marriages away know the risks they're taking. They know on a rationale level that they shouldn't do it. Unfortunately the compulsive nature of addiction causes them to abandon rational logic and do it anyway

It's easy to say that Barton could have gone and gambled on anything but football. Logically and rationally speaking, yes he probably could have. But as a gambling addict, as he admits to being, it's not that cut and dry. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. Frizzo being one of them
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2017, 03:24:13 pm »

It's easy to say that Barton could have gone and gambled on anything but football. Logically and rationally speaking, yes he probably could have. But as a gambling addict, as he admits to being, it's not that cut and dry.

I'm lost here. So you are saying Barton couldn't stop himself from betting on football, right? Isn't that what I asked?

I mean, the guy bet on matches he played in, ffs.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2017, 03:32:45 pm »
I'm lost here. So you are saying Barton couldn't stop himself from betting on football, right? Isn't that what I asked?

I mean, the guy bet on matches he played in, ffs.

You asked me if it was possible to be addicted to gambling on one specific sport. You said you found it odd that someone HAS to bet on football

The reason I highlighted the compulsive nature of addiction is because Barton was clearly aware of the rules against footballers gambling on football

He knew it was prohibited yet he still went ahead and gambled on football anyway. The intention of my post was to try and explain why he might have done so. Football is just one of numerous sports he has admitted to gambling on.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:38:55 pm by Billy The Kid »

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2017, 03:36:51 pm »
snip

I feel for the people who have gambled away their homes and family. The only point I was making is that being addicted to gambling does not and should not excuse him or anyone else from punishment. Rationally or otherwise he broke the rules he signed up for at least a thousand times and has been punished accordingly. I hope he continues to seek help and stops gambling if that’s what he wants.

In reply to people suggesting had it been another player they’d have got off with a much lighter punishment; Joey Barton isn’t any other player and has a rap sheet as long as his arm. Whether or not his past should or indeed has had an impact on the length of his ban for these offences is a question for the FA.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #690 on: April 27, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »
Joey Barton isn’t any other player and has a rap sheet as long as his arm.

Is he Mr Tickle?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #691 on: April 27, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »
I feel for the people who have gambled away their homes and family. The only point I was making is that being addicted to gambling does not and should not excuse him or anyone else from punishment. Rationally or otherwise he broke the rules he signed up for at least a thousand times and has been punished accordingly. I hope he continues to seek help and stops gambling if that’s what he wants.

I agree with you fully. I agree that he should be punished. I just don't agree with the severity of the punishment. I think it's way too excessive

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #692 on: April 27, 2017, 05:46:26 pm »
More FA bullshit...c*nts just make it up as they go along...depending on who it is they're dealing with
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #693 on: April 27, 2017, 07:15:05 pm »
Knobhead
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2017, 07:25:24 am »

Frizzo seems to think that just because Barton has a gambling addiction doesn't mean that he can't (and I quote) "balance it with logic". Anyone who knows anything about addiction knows that once it gets a hold of you then your ability to balance your behaviour with any form of logic goes right out the window.

He obviously doesn't know as much about it as he thinks he does. Yet rather than just admit that, he went ahead and started spouting more ill-informed nonsense. Its easy to say that Barton should have done this and that or that he could have gone and satisfied his urges by gambling on something other than football.

Addiction causes compulsive behavior. Like I say, all rationale goes out the window. The unfortunate people who gamble their homes and their marriages away know the risks they're taking. They know on a rationale level that they shouldn't do it. Unfortunately the compulsive nature of addiction causes them to abandon rational logic and do it anyway

It's easy to say that Barton could have gone and gambled on anything but football. Logically and rationally speaking, yes he probably could have. But as a gambling addict, as he admits to being, it's not that cut and dry. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. Frizzo being one of them
It seems I've offended you and I apologise if that's the case. I know addiction in it's multiple forms is a serious issues. I have had and still have numerous gambling addicts and alcoholics in my family and close circles. I can see you're angry and that its a sensitive issue and I honestly understand that.

Joey Barton though, has proven multiple times what a bellend he is. Then he placed thousands of bets, including on games he and his team were involved in. Then he releases a statement saying "my integrity has never been  in question" and that it's everyone else's fault.

I would definitely have more sympathy for the situation if it was someone without all the prior gambling and non-gambling related indiscretions.

I apologise again if you thought i was trivialising addiction. I didn't mean any offense. Saying one is completely incapable of reasoned thinking isn't accurate though.

And the guy's still a tit.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2017, 10:48:23 am »
It seems I've offended you and I apologise if that's the case. I know addiction in it's multiple forms is a serious issues. I have had and still have numerous gambling addicts and alcoholics in my family and close circles. I can see you're angry and that its a sensitive issue and I honestly understand that.

I'm not offended. I just don't think it's fair to go hammering the guy without fully acknowledging the pitfalls of gambling and addiction in general. Based on some of the things you've said in this thread, I don't think you have a proper understanding of it. It's one thing to have family and friends who are addicts, it's another thing entirely to understand how it affects people psychologically and behaviorally.

As I said in a previous post, it's all fine and well saying that Barton should have left the football alone and just gambled on something else instead in order to satisfy his urges. But again, with respect, the fact that you suggested that evidences that you don't fully understand the subject. Most addicts don't have the ability to be that controlled in their decision making. Even though they can still think rationally, it's important to understand that their behaviour is under the control of compulsion. It's a compulsive disease.

The poor souls who gamble their homes and marriages away know on a rational level that they are in fact risking their homes and their marriages. They recognize the enormity of the risk. They know they stand to lose everything they hold dear to them if it goes tits up. Yet they still do it. They still take the risk. As I say, rationale isn't in control. Compulsion is. Obviously I'm using an extreme example here but the point rings through: Its all fine and well saying he shouldn't have done it but for an addict like him that's much easier said than done

Joey Barton though, has proven multiple times what a bellend he is. Then he placed thousands of bets, including on games he and his team were involved in. Then he releases a statement saying "my integrity has never been  in question" and that it's everyone else's fault.

I would definitely have more sympathy for the situation if it was someone without all the prior gambling and non-gambling related indiscretions.

Based on the number of times you've name-called him I think it's fairly obvious that you have a dislike for the guy. Which is fair enough. I've never particularly liked the guy either. That being said, I'm starting to get the impression your dislike for him is clouding your judgment on this. You've gone out of your way to put the boot in on him, haven't you? You've "constructed" things that paint him in as negative light as possible. You've made stuff up to make him look a c*nt. This being one in particular:

If he can mentally decide not to bet on games he's involved in then he has some control, and as the poster suggested should be able to extend that control to just gambling outside of football.

He's a tit.

^^^ There's no merit or substance to what you're saying there. You're just saying things for the sake of hammering the guy. As I say, I think your dislike for the guy is clouding your ability to see this for what it is. You're not in this thread to discuss a footballer being caught gambling. You're in here because you have a particular dislike for Joey Barton

And the guy's still a tit.

^^^ I'm right, aren't I ?  ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:33 pm »
Speaking from my own experiences on self medicating, and knowing people with addictions ranging from alcohol to gambling, it seems to me that logic can actually be a curse for the addicted.  You'd be amazed at how we can contort and rationalise a certain kind of behaviour to get our fix.

As for why he stuck to football, well it's what he knows innit?  Stay right in the wheelhouse, where you feel confident and capable of winning.  His actions might not have been "calculated to make money", as the FA puts it, but only the most self destructive of people gamble purely to lose.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »
 ;D

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #698 on: May 23, 2017, 03:28:06 pm »
Just been released by Burnley. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40019100 
#Sausages

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #699 on: May 24, 2017, 01:20:14 am »
That's because they now have Jordi Bartola

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: May 24, 2017, 06:52:05 am »
Been saying we are the worst Liverpool side he's faced, still wouldn't get a spot in our unders you greasy haired philosopher.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:48 pm »
Been saying we are the worst Liverpool side he's faced, still wouldn't get a spot in our unders you greasy haired philosopher.

Even if it was the worst Liverpool side he's faced, he still wouldn't get a slot in it.  He'd be behind Bruno Cheyrou.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #702 on: May 24, 2017, 04:01:21 pm »
he's a thick c*nt

appreciate all he has done in promoting fight for justice but he is still an absolute clown
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: May 24, 2017, 05:01:22 pm »
sounds exceptionally bitter.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #704 on: May 24, 2017, 05:18:09 pm »
I can see him ending up in prison in a few years time.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: May 24, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »

He dropped out of his degree course.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: August 1, 2017, 02:14:20 pm »
Been signed up by Talkshite. Perfect fit for that station.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: August 1, 2017, 02:17:25 pm »
Been signed up by Talkshite. Perfect fit for that station.

Quite surprised by that - for all his faults he's always spoken well about getting justice for Hillsborough, right? And doesn't Talksport have some sort of association with the S*n to the extent that Liverpool fan Colin Murray resigned over it? Strange.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: August 14, 2017, 03:39:48 pm »
The shite this twat has been spouting about Klopp sums up how clueless he is.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #709 on: August 14, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »
The shite this twat has been spouting about Klopp sums up how clueless he is.
Don't! Just don't do it to yourself. I heard the comments this morning driving to work and it made me chuckle. Just look at the list of managers this clown has played under to understand his knowledge of the game.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2017, 11:57:11 am »

Morrissey deflects his advances.

Now appearing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1rmAi9XmlIo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1rmAi9XmlIo</a>

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: April 18, 2018, 03:46:58 pm »
Becoming Fleetwood's new head coach next season.

This will be the only time when throwing objects at the opposition coach is justified and widely encouraged.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:54:44 pm by sinnermichael »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #712 on: April 18, 2018, 04:12:33 pm »
What a bizarre appointment.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: April 18, 2018, 04:39:15 pm »
Doubt he will be asking us for any loans, then again here’s to him crashing and burning and returning to talkshite telling people who’ve done something in the game where they’ve gone wrong

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #714 on: April 18, 2018, 04:48:36 pm »

What an utterly bizarre appointment.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:21 pm »
In unrelated news a Mr. B Jarton won big on a bet on who would be the next boss of Fleetwood...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #716 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:58 pm »
In unrelated news a Mr. B Jarton won big on a bet on who would be the next boss of Fleetwood...

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #717 on: April 18, 2018, 05:09:56 pm »
Head Coach of Fleetwood ? - what the actual ?!?!?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #718 on: April 18, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »
This will end well, what on earth do the people in charge of Fleetwood really believe is going to happen?!
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: April 18, 2018, 05:21:07 pm »
I give  it until Xmas and he'll be out.

He'll be falling out with players and it's not going to end well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."