Author Topic: SoS London: Discussion and new members in here  (Read 199985 times)

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
A big thanks to Graham and Jay for comming down. (it realy shows their commitment when they spend their own money to inform fans about the club.)

Whilst listening to them i was so geard up i really wanted to brick the RBS HQ.
A very good show up of fans whp put their hand up to marches and protests.
I hope that us london fans will show how much the club means to us aswell.
Next protest we have at RBS or Downing street, i desperatly hope that their is going to be a big turnout of fans who want to fight for the club.

By the way i was the young guy in the white McKenzie top. Who asked about the turnover of the club without the debt on the club. 
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline timbo

• Kopite
  • 5 GoWs and counting
sorry I missed it
Up for future stuff
Is there a mailing list or through normal SoS

YNWA

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A big thanks to Graham and Jay for comming down. (it realy shows their commitment when they spend their own money to inform fans about the club.)

Whilst listening to them i was so geard up i really wanted to brick the RBS HQ.
A very good show up of fans whp put their hand up to marches and protests.
I hope that us london fans will show how much the club means to us aswell.
Next protest we have at RBS or Downing street, i desperatly hope that their is going to be a big turnout of fans who want to fight for the club.

By the way i was the young guy in the white McKenzie top. Who asked about the turnover of the club without the debt on the club.

Profit ;)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
That was a test, you were their.  ;D
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Great turnout and thanks to Graham and Jay for coming down. Hopefully we'll have a better venue for the next one.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That was a test, you were their.  ;D

Hahaha, I have witnesses ;D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite

I have placed some pics on my Flikr account- not particularly good because i couldn't focus the blasted camera with very little space. Pity we didn't have a team photograph outside the pub

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heighway1/

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
Hahaha, I have witnesses ;D
You should have brought the vuvuzela then everyone would have known you were their.  ;D

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Great turnout and Jay in particular said some inspiring stuff.

Looking forward to the next one.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Is Pat a member on here, anyone know?

Offline Speke Up Redmen

• Kemlynite
  • Every other Saturday its me half day off
For those who attended the meeting last night in London from Bedfordshire I have been contacted by someone who is looking into setting up an SOS branch for Bedfordshire.

I'm currently the membership contact for the LFC Bedfordshire Supporters Club which was formed nearly two years ago. Since that time, we have had two charity eleven a side matches with the London branch for the HJC in April and September last year and this has formed a good relationship with them but, we have also had certain issues directly with LFC with some broken promises regarding our membership and tickets to members (suprise suprise!!)

I do know that certain members are willing to help in the formation of a SOS Bedfordshire Branch. We need at least fifty people to start the ball rolling to get as many people as possible from the area to fight for what is rightfully 'our club'!

If your from Bedfordshire though and interested please drop me a line on here or by email.

Cheers.

"Since i've come to Liverpool, to Anfield, I've drummed it into my players, time and again, that they are privileged to play for you. And if they didn't believe me, they do now"
Bill Shankly, St George's Hall steps, Liverpool, May 1974

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Is Pat a member on here, anyone know?

Yep, I asked him last night: 'Fluffy' (he nearly kept a straight face).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
For those who attended the meeting last night in London from Bedfordshire I have been contacted by someone who is looking into setting up an SOS branch for Bedfordshire.

I'm currently the membership contact for the LFC Bedfordshire Supporters Club which was formed nearly two years ago. Since that time, we have had two charity eleven a side matches with the London branch for the HJC in April and September last year and this has formed a good relationship with them but, we have also had certain issues directly with LFC with some broken promises regarding our membership and tickets to members (suprise suprise!!)

I do know that certain members are willing to help in the formation of a SOS Bedfordshire Branch. We need at least fifty people to start the ball rolling to get as many people as possible from the area to fight for what is rightfully 'our club'!

If your from Bedfordshire though and interested please drop me a line on here or by email.

Cheers.

I'm from Luton, I know there were at least a couple of others there or expressing interest beforehand. There was also a post here somewhere about an 'East Anglia' branch maybe including Bedfordshire. I think it's a good idea if the "max 100 members" rule is strict, but I'm not sure it's as urgent a task as getting some of the protesting done in London. If we Bedfordshire fans have to tag along as Londoners for a while to keep the numbers up, I think that's worthwhile and a Bedfordshire branch can come second to that. IMHO.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Speke Up Redmen

• Kemlynite
  • Every other Saturday its me half day off
Personally I think the more people in London to protest the better whether they be from Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, London or the outer hebrides. At the end of the day, we're all extremely concerned about what is happening and going on at our club and fighting for the same cause.
"Since i've come to Liverpool, to Anfield, I've drummed it into my players, time and again, that they are privileged to play for you. And if they didn't believe me, they do now"
Bill Shankly, St George's Hall steps, Liverpool, May 1974

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Agreed; if there is to be any competition for peoples time and energy I think that should focus on london, at the moment. That's where the RBS, PL, FA etc are all based, as well as certain individuals.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You should have brought the vuvuzela then everyone would have known you were their.  ;D

:no Fucking vuvuzelas.

I dare anyone go up to him in person and ask if he's fluffy ;D

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
Agreed; if there is to be any competition for peoples time and energy I think that should focus on london, at the moment. That's where the RBS, PL, FA etc are all based, as well as certain individuals.

Good point, as London is the home for many HQ's, its imperative SOS London prospers. Well in those who attended, cockney brothers in arms ;)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...

Brilliant. Perhaps the least fluffy person I've ever met.

Offline OldRed1

• Main Stander
  • All generalizations are false, including this one
First post on here... I'm Chris.. the only divvie to put his hand up for Chair last night!

Big one to everyone who turned up to the room with no air last night.

Better venue for next meeting is high up the list.

If anyone wants to be added to the list to receive e-mail, just mail me at sos@hixvil.co.uk

Cheers

Chris
J496

Offline OldRed1

• Main Stander
I've just sent an e-mail out to anyone who previously mailed me and asked regular posters to put it on here.

I know there are some who turned up who won't be on that list, so mail me at sos@hixvil.co.uk and I'll forward it on to you.

Or even if you didn't turn up but want to be part of it and get future mails, send me a mail anyway.

Pat/Fluffy, can you mail me so I make sure you get everything as Direct Action Officer.

Chris
J496

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Gee, my mummy says my nose is very nice :(

If you're at the next one, come and say hello.

;D at first sight i knew it, no questions, money down, thats Lfsea from the old mafia days :D

Agreed.
Good start indeed .Thanks to Jay and Graham for coming down. (me,only black guy near the front)

i hate to put a downer on things but there was two ;D standing at the back looking to the front was you right or left? one guy had the saveliverpoolfc campaign t-shirt on, was that you?

sorry I missed it
Up for future stuff
Is there a mailing list or through normal SoS

YNWA

go a couple up from your post, do you not read the whole board ;D

i posted his email address their and urged people to get in contact that want to show an interest ;)

I have placed some pics on my Flikr account- not particularly good because i couldn't focus the blasted camera with very little space. Pity we didn't have a team photograph outside the pub

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heighway1/

thanks mate, nice photo of my fat head in close up ::)

is it ok if i nick a couple of them for my facebook page? i told you that first one you took you'd see me outside, look at them 'guns' ;D

First post on here... I'm Chris.. the only divvie to put his hand up for Chair last night!

hai chris! just been preping the above  ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great turn out and plenty of passion- the room for future meetings need to be three times larger- i almost pegged out.

I'm in that pic! The one on the far left about to collapse. Fuck it was hot.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You were standing next to me all night then :)

Small world... Small room.

Very inspiring though, can't wait for the next meeting and hopefully getting together some ideas to make in impact.

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
My apologies for the no-show. Something came up on that night with my future employers...
Yanks out

Offline The crushing machine

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Agree with all the comments of a great turnout. I was the one with the multicoloured shorts, white SOS t-shirt and the only person stupid enough to wear a hoody in that room. Great to put some faces to names, count me in with any direct action.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Agree with all the comments of a great turnout. I was the one with the multicoloured shorts, white SOS t-shirt and the only person stupid enough to wear a hoody in that room. Great to put some faces to names, count me in with any direct action.

hoody :lmao

have you been banned? good to see you about ;)
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline fluffy

• Main Stander
Brilliant. Perhaps the least fluffy person I've ever met.

I dare anyone go up to him in person and ask if he's fluffy ;D

i'm a gentle giant really. Unless it's outside Sunderland last season after the match !

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i'm a gentle giant really.

Shocking behaviour for a direct action officer.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Another question, who was the big South African dude who asked a few questions?

Offline Lizapool

• Main Stander
Great turn out and plenty of passion- the room for future meetings need to be three times larger- i almost pegged out.

Apologies for the room was expecting about 30 people when I booked it!!!

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Another question, who was the big South African dude who asked a few questions?

Dunno, but he could provide the muscle outside RBS! ;D

Offline OldRed1

• Main Stander
Mark, I've got your PM, but I'm not allowed to reply at the moment.
I think it is a good idea and fits in with the part of spreading the word... but need to see what Graham and Peter say.
When I can PM, I'll respond to your mail.
J496

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
I think it is a good idea and fits in with the part of spreading the word... but need to see what Graham and Peter say.
53 posts means you can now PM :) :wave

Offline jefecito

• Main Stander
    • The Asian Kop
Just wanted to say well done for last night to all those that turned up. Thanks to Graham, Jay and for the people who organised the venue. It was brilliant and inspiring. I'm most definitely up for direct action.

(I was the asian dude in the shirt and trousers towards the back. Thanks to the guy who bought me the water. I owe you a bevvie!!!)

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

No probs. I replied to the reply a little while ago. Needs Roy/Shanklyboy's input too I think. :)

Offline Oscar3

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Ha ha  Looks like one of Hitlers Bunkers!
sons of men who stand like gods

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
I'm from Luton, I know there were at least a couple of others there or expressing interest beforehand. There was also a post here somewhere about an 'East Anglia' branch maybe including Bedfordshire. I think it's a good idea if the "max 100 members" rule is strict, but I'm not sure it's as urgent a task as getting some of the protesting done in London. If we Bedfordshire fans have to tag along as Londoners for a while to keep the numbers up, I think that's worthwhile and a Bedfordshire branch can come second to that. IMHO.

Yeah, that was me posting about an East Anglia branch. I just think we'd be missing a trick by including what must surely be hundreds of Reds in East Anglia in with the London Reds.

Sure, we can support any demos, protests etc in the Smoke along with a Southern Home Counties branch, a Thames Valley Branch etc., but the limit of 100 on SOS branches is, going by the reports of the first London meeting, soon going to be reached.

Have any of you Bedfordshire guys actually emailed Graham to find out how many SOS members there are in the region? I would do it myself, but I'm away from home with work most weeks. But hey, if it means we can get off our arses and get moving, I'll get on to it.

Again, I repeat our catchment area, with meetings to be held in a central location such as Cambridge...

Cambridgeshire
Bedfordshire
Norfolk
Suffolk
North Essex
North Herts
East Northants
South Lincs (possibly)

Let's get on it guys....

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, that was me posting about an East Anglia branch. I just think we'd be missing a trick by including what must surely be hundreds of Reds in East Anglia in with the London Reds.

Sure, we can support any demos, protests etc in the Smoke along with a Southern Home Counties branch, a Thames Valley Branch etc., but the limit of 100 on SOS branches is, going by the reports of the first London meeting, soon going to be reached.

Have any of you Bedfordshire guys actually emailed Graham to find out how many SOS members there are in the region? I would do it myself, but I'm away from home with work most weeks. But hey, if it means we can get off our arses and get moving, I'll get on to it.

Again, I repeat our catchment area, with meetings to be held in a central location such as Cambridge...

Cambridgeshire
Bedfordshire
Norfolk
Suffolk
North Essex
North Herts
East Northants
South Lincs (possibly)

Let's get on it guys....

I think that's too large a catchment area. It's asking a bit much to hope people will drive up to 40/50 miles after work or whatever to attend a meeting.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
I think that's too large a catchment area. It's asking a bit much to hope people will drive up to 40/50 miles after work or whatever to attend a meeting.
But it's ok to expect them to travel 40/50 miles to attend a meeting in London?

My Ma lives in Harrow in North West London.... Bedford to Harrow 44 miles. So to a meeting in SE1, you're looking at nearly 60 miles.

We have to start somewhere.... and if, initially, it's going to inconvenience some folk until we get so organised and busy that we have County organisations then I suggest that that is a cross we have to bear.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Cambridgeshire
Bedfordshire
Norfolk
Suffolk
North Essex
North Herts
East Northants
South Lincs (possibly)

Let's get on it guys....

I don't disagree mate, with the numbers at the meeting in London that could certainly exceed 100 quite quickly. My only point of caution was putting energy into organising other branches now, when there could be stuff happening in London in the next days and weeks.

But it's ok to expect them to travel 40/50 miles to attend a meeting in London?

My Ma lives in Harrow in North West London.... Bedford to Harrow 44 miles. So to a meeting in SE1, you're looking at nearly 60 miles.

We have to start somewhere.... and if, initially, it's going to inconvenience some folk until we get so organised and busy that we have County organisations then I suggest that that is a cross we have to bear.

Thinking about road and rail links, it might be better to draw the boundary of an 'East Anglia' branch a little further to the east (Cambridgeshire to Essex) and put Herts/Beds into another branch, maybe with Bucks etc.

We could do with some analysis of numbers by postcode, even if we're not allowed to have individual names and email addresses, to assess the most suitable structure. One concern with the "50 to 100" branch members restrictions was always that it's going to piss people off if they get a branch going then have to split into two just because it's successful. Better to get it broadly balanced numbers wise from the start.