Author Topic: Florent Sinama-Pongolle  (Read 19739 times)

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Florent Sinama-Pongolle interview with LFC Magazine
« Reply #40 on: October 9, 2008, 08:37:58 pm »
Allez, allez, allez allez, Sinama Pongolle, Allez allez

Both will get a great reception, i just hope Nando does cos i know plenty of their fans who wont be giving him one !

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 9, 2008, 08:47:21 pm »
the lad should get a good reception, i dont think he was ever good enough to lead the line as our main striker but he certainly didnt let us down, infact quite the opposite, he was a little battler to be honest.
he came off the bench a few times and not only did a decent job, but swung the momentum of the whole game.
anyway, he deserves a round of applause for that outrageous faint against arsenal which sent viera (and someone else) the wrong way.

Offline Pope Dave

• Main Stander
  • Lick my decals off, baby
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2008, 08:50:33 pm »
Heskey, Pongolle...

We should also bring back Diouf, Biscan, Traore and Mustang Salif. Everything was much better under Houllier.

Apart from the comedic appreciation of an obviously ridiculous statement.

Does anyone know what 'The Next Zidane' is doing at the mo?

Golden days, boys. Golden days...
What's the point in coming if you're not gonna sing?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 9, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »
of all the players that we have sold in rafa's time as manager

pongolle is the one i miss the most

can gedo or shankslegend offer any reasons or explanations as to why pongolle was sold

most reds fans rate sinama a lot

Offline Baz76

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: October 9, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »
Fucking glory-hunter.

What are you on about lad?

Offline Kingsley (Ned) Zissou

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: October 9, 2008, 09:30:31 pm »
Pongolle was a good player for us when given the opportunity.

Unfortunately, some of our fans will always group him with Le Terrible and Zidane Jr. Take a look at where they are now, one of the three plays for a top club.

Offline Norway_is_red

• Violets_are_blue
  • Anny Roader
  • No, those are not my pair of titties!
« Reply #46 on: October 9, 2008, 09:31:38 pm »
Hope fsp and especially little luis gets a warm welcome!
Would be excellent if the kop worked their magic and gave them a nice "welcome back"
:)
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” In Rafa I trust.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 9, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »
FloPo was great in Europe, but not quick enough to use his style effectively in the League. 

He's better off in La Liga like Morientes. 

He gave us some good memories and deserves a cheer when he returns.

Agree with that. He never seemed likely to take the Prem by the scruff of the neck and it was best for all parties that he be allowed to go. Only the fee was a sticking point for me; I thought after his superb loan spell we could have got 10-15mil for him if we hadn't been such willing sellers. But with Parry we've never played our cards right in that respect. We're learning now - teasing L'Arse with Alonso was sweeeeet.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2008, 09:41:24 pm »
The Luis Garcia song will bellow out around Anfield that night...  provided they haven't smashed us in the Vincente Calderon the game before.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2008, 09:49:19 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu_5NG86PUk&NR=1
what youtube can do for a player
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #50 on: October 9, 2008, 09:52:38 pm »
i defo liked Flo, great little player to have... i think we let him go too soon.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 9, 2008, 09:58:39 pm »
Agree with that. He never seemed likely to take the Prem by the scruff of the neck and it was best for all parties that he be allowed to go. Only the fee was a sticking point for me; I thought after his superb loan spell we could have got 10-15mil for him if we hadn't been such willing sellers. But with Parry we've never played our cards right in that respect. We're learning now - teasing L'Arse with Alonso was sweeeeet.

did we have a selling on fee ?
we need to remember that under houllier pongolle was one of the best talents in europe at the time
why did rafa's team not recognise the same talents that houlliers team had ?

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2008, 09:59:45 pm »
Greatest memory of Flo for me was the Olympiakos game, was absolutely immense.
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...Ł20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2008, 10:02:03 pm »
So 5 tickets went there, seemingly effortless.
Mate, for his 2nd half performance against Olympiacos he can have tickets for life. Without it there would have been no number 5.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2008, 10:05:59 pm »
Greatest memory of Flo for me was the Olympiakos game, was absolutely immense.

pongolle was the reason we won that game

this is why i am surprised rafa sold him

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #55 on: October 9, 2008, 10:09:48 pm »
Lil' Luis and Flo are two players who left us to soon.

But the reality is they were not certain staters. They were squad members. And damn good ones at that.

The players themselves left for varying reasons. Luis because he wanted to go back to Spain. Flo because he wanted first team football and was never going to get it with us on a regular basis.

So good luck to both of them. Except when they play us of course. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 9, 2008, 11:25:54 pm »
He was a good little player for us, nice to see him carving out a career.
Justice for the 96!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 9, 2008, 11:50:53 pm »
Good interview, doesn't seem like there were too many hard feelings over his departure and I wish him well.

He played a key role in the CL win and FA Cup too and was probably hard done to. However, he's got his head down, got on with it and has ended up at a good club doing well.

Well done Flo, the story of the Chelsea game 2007 shows his feelings for the team.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 9, 2008, 11:58:07 pm »
Glad the lad is doing well,always came across as a very skillful player and will always remember his cameo stuff for us in 2004/2005/2005/2006,maybe he will grow up to be a great player at Atletico.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2008, 12:03:11 am »
I never liked him after his smiley, jokey high fives with Evra after a game against the Mancs (where we lost...obviously).

But that may be because I'm such a petty fucker.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Online RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:38 am »
Let's just say, away at Villa, Torres goes off injured, who would you rather bring on? Flo or Ngog?

Helped us to the EC in 2005 and FAC in 2006, would love him here, shame we put such a small clause in his contract, as adding him to our 3 senior strikers and we wouldn't have to worry as much about injuries upfront.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2008, 03:38:42 am »

Both will get a great reception, i just hope Nando does cos i know plenty of their fans who wont be giving him one !
Surprising that. Thought he'd be getting a heroes welcome
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2008, 05:27:09 am »
his father was a goalie for Atletico,one of the greatest too I believe.He was on the goal when they played a European Cup final(they lost) in the 70's.

He was also on the wrong end of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mme7xdbTeE

Offline Мерфи

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2008, 05:31:15 am »
Let's just say, away at Villa, Torres goes off injured, who would you rather bring on? Flo or Ngog?

Helped us to the EC in 2005 and FAC in 2006, would love him here, shame we put such a small clause in his contract, as adding him to our 3 senior strikers and we wouldn't have to worry as much about injuries upfront.

or Babel?  ;) quit making daft comparisons.

If Gerrard went down, who would you rather bring in  -- Spearing, or . . . me?
Never argue with a fool . . . people may not know the difference .

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:16 am »

It would be a real shame if he didn't get a good reception. That club clearly still means the world to him, he carried an Atletico flag on the bus for the euro celebration even. I bet they will be happy to see him though. 
The Luis Garcia song will bellow out around Anfield that night...  provided they haven't smashed us in the Vincente Calderon the game before.

I honestly don't think it matters what happens in Madrid, Luis will still feel the love full force when he comes back... Aw, I wanted to say home there, but that's obviously not correct. Although, it would be nice if he did still consider this a kind of home in some respect. I'm just too sentimental I guess.

Offline Мерфи

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2008, 06:12:41 am »
I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one rousing chorus of "Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria . . . "

I miss the maddening little magician.  Rafa has a way of selecting right sided midfielders who frustrate the hell out of the armchair tacticians.
Never argue with a fool . . . people may not know the difference .

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2008, 09:34:52 am »
I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one rousing chorus of "Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria . . . "

I miss the maddening little magician. Rafa has a way of selecting right sided midfielders who frustrate the hell out of the armchair tacticians.
;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline feynman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2008, 10:21:54 am »

Never rate le tallec highly, a good game with reserves won't change the facts that he's not good in majority of senior games.
Pongolle was different, he can change the game when he was in as a sub, and he has superb ball control.. 

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2008, 11:23:23 am »
Lil' Luis and Flo are two players who left us to soon.

But the reality is they were not certain staters. They were squad members. And damn good ones at that.

The players themselves left for varying reasons. Luis because he wanted to go back to Spain. Flo because he wanted first team football and was never going to get it with us on a regular basis.

So good luck to both of them. Except when they play us of course. :P

Can't agree more especially about Sinama P. If he had stayed, he would have progressed just as nicely. He was more than just an adequate back up player. vs Arsenal, vs Olympiakos and vs Luton (unfortunate to be out with ACL in between), you could sense that he's on the verge of breaking out.

Do not think that Rafa really wanted to let him go but he wanted first team football. He got it with Recreativo and he's done very well. He's bulked up nicely as well. And whoever thinks that he lacks pace, must be joking. He's as nippy as it gets ...

Pity that the best of Sinama P will not be on display at Anfield ... in Liverpool colours (but maybe in Atletico's)
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2008, 11:24:15 am »
do you think pongolle was in the group of french players that kept to themselves and that carra didnt seem to like....as he spoke about in his book
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2008, 12:04:14 pm »
Still think he has alot to learn. Runs down too many blind alley's, not using his pace effectively. He has certainly benefited from being alongside Aguero. At this point in time, he's still best as an impact player.

nice that he got his first senior callup for France

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 12:15:36 pm »
remember seeing a programme about the u-17 world cup and pongolle was absoloutly incredible, i was convinced he would go on to become the best player in the world he was that outstanding.  when houllier signed him a few weeks after i was over the moon as i'd been telling everyone about this amazing french kid.   

it didn't quite work out the way i thought it would but i was always a big believer in his talents and i'm glad to see that at last he is starting to fullfill some of his potential.  good luck to the lad.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 01:05:48 pm »
remember seeing a programme about the u-17 world cup and pongolle was absoloutly incredible, i was convinced he would go on to become the best player in the world he was that outstanding.

:o

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2008, 01:20:08 pm »

him and le tallec(cousins!) were incredible in that comp, they were so highly rated those 2, we should have had them over here so early, should have stayed in france or gone to holland or scotland to learn their trade

a shit striker can go to scotland and excel and do better in europe against better players because he has confidence, it is all about confidence and belief!

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »
A shame that we let this lad go and that he was not given a greater chance when he was here. Nice one Sinama.
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2008, 05:50:53 pm »
Definately one of our mistakes letting him go. But i suppose u cant get it right all the time and he did want first team football. Still wish he had stayed though.

Offline Fern9do

• Main Stander
    • King Kenny's Red Army
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2008, 06:27:09 pm »

The commentator must either have been his dad or his boyfriend. All you hear there is "Le Tallec, le tallec, great vision, le tallec...ahhhhhhhhh Le tallec ahhh !" sounds like he's about to have an orgasm.
Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2008, 10:14:21 pm »
Would have Pongolle back in an instant.

Pongolle
Pongolle
Sinama Pongolle
His names to long
He's got no song
Sinama Pongolle

Offline andyfm

• Kemlynite
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2008, 12:05:15 am »
Steady on, he was a decent player who made an important contribution in our 2 cup wins under Rafa.

However, he obviously wasn't Rafa's cup of tea. And to be honest, as fans we tend to rate players far too highly based on limited viewings, especially when the team isn't performing that well. Same sort of stuff as is going on in the youth/reserve threads. Most of those players will not succeed at a top European level, maybe 1 or 2 will actually make it. According to Leicester fans Jack Hobbs looks the bees knees and their level of football well outstrips reserve team.

He's gone now and our team doesn't seem too shabby at the moment. All the best at Atletico.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2008, 12:43:55 am »
I really liked Pongolle as a player, and we shouldn't have got rid for what we got for him.

He'll get a good reception home and away and rightly so.

You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face