Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 468334 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Top Gear
« Reply #5320 on: October 11, 2020, 10:05:02 pm »
Scary stuff this wall of death.

Properly got its mojo back this programme. Easily the best presenting trio since the original lineup.

Oh I dunno, I think there have been better ones since the original pair myself  ;)

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5321 on: October 11, 2020, 10:16:45 pm »
My auntie Judith replaced Angela Rip-off as the “token female”..

(My auntie was a bona Fide motoring journalist though and knew her onions... a terrible terrible presenter though).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5322 on: October 13, 2020, 03:29:51 am »
Chris Harris dressed as a dinosaur running round a golf driving range getting peppered by balls was one of the funniest things i have seen for a while

That was funny as
These 3 have me watching again. Not too far off Clarkson et al
Actually look forward to each one

Evans was a right twat and the wrong choice

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #5323 on: October 13, 2020, 10:50:32 am »
I'm not the biggest Paddy McGuiness fan, but with Flintoff and Harris its become good to watch again.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5324 on: October 13, 2020, 12:09:56 pm »
I think I enjoy these 3 more than Hammond, May and Clarkson to be honest.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5325 on: October 13, 2020, 04:25:40 pm »
I think I enjoy these 3 more than Hammond, May and Clarkson to be honest.

Clarkson always ruined it for me, always came across as a twat. I like the stuff May does on his own and the stuff Hammond has done such as Big has been watchable.

As for ex-presenters, Sabine Schmitz is still posting on her FB page and still working, no updates on how here cancer fight is coming along, hope she beats it soon.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5326 on: October 15, 2020, 04:13:58 pm »
I gave this a watch last night, it's the first episode I've watched since it wasn't Clarkson / Hammond / May. Watched what I assume was the most recent episode - the company car challenge.

Overall it was just OK I thought, the dicking around with pillows and duvets when Harris was trying to do a lap of Three Sisters was a bit stupid and dragging the joke out made it look a bit shit.

Are there any other recent episodes of this which are well worth a watch?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5327 on: October 15, 2020, 10:02:03 pm »
I think they are far better than the original 3, was bored with them in the last few years and grand tour is fairly crap.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5328 on: October 15, 2020, 11:56:27 pm »
I think they are far better than the original 3, was bored with them in the last few years and grand tour is fairly crap.

Nah, for me they’ve still got some learning to do as both Paddy and Flintoff are pretty clueless about cars in general. At least the other 3 all had a pretty good background knowledge on makes/models which came naturally in conversation. Currently it’s scripted voice overs for that stuff for those two.

Plus those two are really fucking wreckless. You’d have, mostly, trusted the other 3 in a car but you’d not let Paddy or especially Flintoff in one, which means Harris will only ever be the one in a decent car.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5329 on: October 20, 2020, 03:00:06 am »
The 24hrs in a company car was pretty dire tbf
Probably the worst one yet

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #5330 on: October 20, 2020, 09:23:54 am »

I think the new 3 are ok, the best it's been since the original 3 left, but it's all a bit too 'lad', who can shout the loudest, The Hangover with cars etc for me.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5331 on: October 20, 2020, 09:27:07 am »
I think the new 3 are ok, the best it's been since the original 3 left, but it's all a bit too 'lad', who can shout the loudest, The Hangover with cars etc for me.

This is what Top Gear became under the Clarkson lot too though. The last few years of it was them just scripting idiotic behavior and the "Hammond you idiot" and "here comes captain slow" grew old quick.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5332 on: October 20, 2020, 02:02:11 pm »
At least none of them do THAT thing WHERE Hammond ALTERNATED the STRESS on EACH word TO show HIS scripted EX asp ER a TION.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5333 on: October 22, 2020, 12:27:18 am »
Find the show enjoyable. Liked the Lamborghini.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5334 on: October 22, 2020, 12:32:36 am »
agreed but I really can't stand that Tory c*nt Clarkson and stopped watching it in the end.

I think Paddy, Fred and Chris H have good chemistry and I'm enjoying Top Gear more than I've done for years
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5335 on: October 25, 2020, 08:40:55 pm »
Loved that piece on Sir Stirling Moss.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5336 on: March 17, 2021, 10:10:20 am »
Awful news that Sabine Schmitz has passed away after a 3 year battle with cancer that lady could drive, RIP the queen of the Nurburgring
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5337 on: March 17, 2021, 10:16:12 am »
Awful news that Sabine Schmitz has passed away after a 3 year battle with cancer that lady could drive, RIP the queen of the Nurburgring

Ah shit. I'd seen on her FB last year that she was fighting cancer.

RIP Sabine.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #5338 on: March 17, 2021, 10:17:40 am »

terrible news. RIP Sabine.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5339 on: March 17, 2021, 10:25:39 am »

Oh bloody hell, what a tragedy. She was great. Thanks for the heads up Stevie.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5340 on: March 17, 2021, 10:30:46 am »
Posted it on the F1 thread but definitely belongs here. She was an incredible character and such a petrol head.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5341 on: March 17, 2021, 10:37:28 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5KiC03_wVjc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5KiC03_wVjc</a>

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5342 on: March 17, 2021, 10:56:21 am »
RIP Sabine

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5343 on: March 17, 2021, 11:03:03 am »
She was so good tv whenever I've seen her, sad to here that news and only 51.

RIP.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #5344 on: March 17, 2021, 05:23:45 pm »
Aww man that's so shitty

Should name part of the track after her...

51 😔
YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5345 on: March 17, 2021, 05:29:19 pm »
Met her once outside Heidelberg at a tank station. She was there in a Focus ST and seemed so down to earth.

It was devastating to hear about her death. Bloody good driver. I mean, 22k laps around that circuit? No wonder she is rightly called the queen of the ring.

One of my absolute favourite drivers of all time.

RIP Sabine. You'll never drive alone.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5346 on: March 17, 2021, 05:32:09 pm »
The ring has lost her Queen, so sad.
She was a breath of fresh air, not only to Top Gear but on whole to a sport that is very male dominated.

Boy could she drive, and what a personality. Fabulous person

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5347 on: March 18, 2021, 10:31:35 am »
Just heard this.
Such a shame, and no age either. Such a crazy, fun personality.
I wondered why she was off screen recently. I guess now we know.
RIP.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5348 on: March 18, 2021, 10:36:35 am »
Just heard this.
Such a shame, and no age either. Such a crazy, fun personality.
I wondered why she was off screen recently. I guess now we know.
RIP.

She was still posting on her FB page before Christmas and I think she was still doing some driving. She was her usual happy, upbeat self, such a shame.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5349 on: March 18, 2021, 11:43:27 am »
Never really been a massive fan of TG but isn't Sabine the one who mocked Clarkson for his lap time of the ring by saying, "I do that in a VAN!" - then promptly did? That was ace.......

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5350 on: March 18, 2021, 11:52:25 am »
Never really been a massive fan of TG but isn't Sabine the one who mocked Clarkson for his lap time of the ring by saying, "I do that in a VAN!" - then promptly did? That was ace.......

The video above was from the challenge. Clarkson did a lap in a super car and Sabine got within 8 seconds of that in a ford transit van.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5351 on: March 18, 2021, 11:56:10 am »

Not quite promptly did it, that was a separate episode in a subsequent season, still utterly mental to think how close she got to matching the claim though when it was just a standard engine in the Transit she did it in.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #5352 on: March 18, 2021, 11:58:32 am »
I seem to recall they had to strip pretty much everything out of the van including I think the doors - anyway, that episode was one of the few that I genuinely enjoyed.......she had so much charisma.......

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5353 on: March 18, 2021, 12:12:30 pm »

I seem to recall they had to strip pretty much everything out of the van including I think the doors - anyway, that episode was one of the few that I genuinely enjoyed.......she had so much charisma.......

Clarkson was challenged to go around in an S type Jaguar in under 10 minutes, Sabine was his instructor and when he did 9:59 that was when she took the piss. When she did the first run, it was in the standard van 0-60 time of 21 seconds and she had Hammond in the passenger seat. She did it in 10:23 and was tearing past cars and bikes. Then she stripped everything out of the van and managed 10:08

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5354 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:01 pm »
Clarkson was challenged to go around in an S type Jaguar in under 10 minutes, Sabine was his instructor and when he did 9:59 that was when she took the piss. When she did the first run, it was in the standard van 0-60 time of 21 seconds and she had Hammond in the passenger seat. She did it in 10:23 and was tearing past cars and bikes. Then she stripped everything out of the van and managed 10:08

Remember her staring at the bike rider as she went past, as if to say what are you doing. Shes fantastic.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5355 on: March 18, 2021, 12:32:43 pm »
She was awesome, cancer is absolutely horrible. May She rest in peace.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5356 on: March 18, 2021, 12:54:11 pm »
Remember her staring at the bike rider as she went past, as if to say what are you doing. Shes fantastic.

He was on a proper superbike too, just couldn't ride.

"You were overtaken by a van???" :lmao

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5357 on: March 18, 2021, 01:03:57 pm »

They chucked all the deadweight (such as Hammond) out, kept the doors though as losing those would have probably hurt wind resistance which they even tried to combat with a lead car at one point,  but was still a standard model as far engine, brakes etc.

If you liked that one with her, she was a presenter for some of the post-clarkson eps, including some of those gimmick race events.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:05:31 pm by Skeeve »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5358 on: March 20, 2021, 10:20:58 am »
RIP Sabine.

Chris talking about his dad in this week's episode was very touching.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5359 on: March 20, 2021, 05:34:44 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ufzdL1JaEKM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ufzdL1JaEKM</a>

What a driver.

23 cars overtaken before the end of the GP track. It looks like a computer game on cheat mode.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:36:28 pm by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005