Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 205246 times)

Offline Athers

• Kopite
  • misunderstood
Prison Break
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:50:32 am »
Couldn't see an existing thread for this one, and no I'm not going to start making jokes about scousers and prisons.

Been watching a few episodes from America and it's quite decent.  There's a ridiculous plot and loads of daft things happen but it's actually quite watchable.

Also the Prison Doctor just happens to be a stunner, as if that would happen eh?

Channel Five tonight starts in England..

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prison Break
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:56:32 am »
Funny, there was a prison break in Australia in recent weeks....this fellow dropped 15 kilos or so from 70 to 56 kilos in a matter of weeks to be able to fit through this gap in a window at Long Bay Jail in Sydney...a maximum security joint.

The prisoner was in the prison hospital, and had chipped away at this gap for some time while on his diet; after getting through the gap, he managed to avoid a lot of motion detectors, scaled a couple of fences with razor wire all over them, and then scarpered.

They picked him up again at Bondi Junction shopping centre, one of the busiest shopping centres in the city. (great place to lay low, as in not) He had attempted to disguise himself by drawing a beard and moustache on his face with black texta.....it didn't work.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:05:22 pm by Red Death »
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:24:20 pm »
Watched the first one tonight - seemed ok and as I've fallen deeply in love with Michael.....  I shall stick with it  :D
Never give up

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:25:58 pm »
I've seen all of them that have aired in the States, gets fairly addictive, but the daft bastards who run the Fox network have stopped it, mid fucking series, until March  :(

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 03:14:49 am »
Just downloaded 1 - 13 of series 1 tonight, I'll come back with a verdict later.  Looks promising.....maybe?? If its any good, I should have em watched by the time they continue series 1 in march...fuckin hate it when they do that, do it to Galactica n'all....fuckers!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 10:37:07 am »
enjoyed last night and I think it will be addictive viewing........
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Athers

• Kopite
  • misunderstood
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 04:13:25 pm »
Just downloaded 1 - 13 of series 1 tonight, I'll come back with a verdict later.  Looks promising.....maybe?? If its any good, I should have em watched by the time they continue series 1 in march...fuckin hate it when they do that, do it to Galactica n'all....fuckers!

You want to know why it's not on til March?

Because FOX decided that "Skate with the Stars" would be better for their ratings. Fucks sake.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 07:06:08 pm »
Thank fuck there's no plans to bin 24 half way through, I'd be on the next plane with a bag full of WMDs.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:31:55 pm »
You want to know why it's not on til March?

Because FOX decided that "Skate with the Stars" would be better for their ratings. Fucks sake.

:-\ what makes it even worse, is the fact that this series of Prison Break only has like 15 episodes, so they show 13 and then break for what, 4 months or somethin, and then show the final 2? wtf are they on?

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 07:45:01 pm »
Its on 5 again tonight. Not sure if its the repeat of last nights or the next epsiode like.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 07:51:35 pm »
Haven't seen it, but after reading this I very much want to: (1st episode repeated on Ch5 tonight at 11pm)

Get into jail

Charlie Brooker
Saturday January 21, 2006
The Guardian

Hooray! Hooray for Prison Break (Mon, 10pm, Five), because it's wholly bloody stupid and doesn't care who knows it! In fact, it's SO ridiculous, it might just single-handedly usher in an all-new golden age of inanity, thereby confounding anyone who thought society had reached its ultimate idiocy threshold a few years ago with the invention of novelty ringtones.
Prison Break is possibly the dumbest story ever told. It makes 24 look like cinéma vérité. It's as realistic as a cotton-wool tiger riding a tractor through a teardrop. I've played abstract Japanese platform games with more convincing storylines. And the American public recently voted it Favourite New TV Drama at the People's Choice Awards. Suddenly, the farcical tragedy of current world events makes perfect sense. I'm not saying the Americans are stupid. They're not. All I'm saying is a substantial number of them may well have lost their minds. Centuries from now, historians will cite Prison Break as the quintessential artefact of a civilisation sliding into absolute babbling madness. It's that good.

The set-up is as follows. Justin Timberlake has a problem - he's not called Justin Timberlake any more. He's called Wentworth Miller and he's a structural engineer. But that's not the problem. His brother's the problem. His brother's a Clive Owen lookalike with jawbones so square he looks like he's trying to hide a box in his mouth - and he's on death row for murdering the vice president. Except he didn't do it! He's the victim of a shadowy conspiracy! And only Justin Timberlake knows the truth!
Now, Justin loves his brother. Loves him with the kind of unquestioning intensity mere acting, dialogue and direction can't possibly hope to convey. So he cooks up a plan. Step one: he robs a bank - and gets caught on purpose!

Following the trial, Justin's lawyer (and close personal friend) can't work out why the previously intelligent, mild-mannered structural engineer would do such a thing. More perplexingly still, he seemed to actively welcome his prison sentence. "This just isn't like him," she muses. "He just rolled over - he didn't put up a fight." Two qualities that should prove handy in prison.

But he hasn't gone crazy. He's simply entering step two of his plan - because he's now in the same prison as his brother! And he's going to help him escape! It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk. It isn't. It's far stupider than that. You'd need a supercomputer to work out all the drawbacks.

But Justin has an ace up his sleeve - an ace that might, in our universe, be considered implausible: he designed the prison himself. Remember I said he was a structural engineer? For Whopping Contrivance, Inc? Well he is. So prior to committing his armed robbery, he had the prison blueprints tattooed all over his body! Brilliant!

Hilariously, Justin is so certain of success, he actually enters the prison with a smirk on his face. This immediately irritates a guard, who asks him whether he's religious man. No, says Justin. "Good," replies the guard, "Because the Ten Commandments don't mean a box of piss in here." The dialogue continues in this vein for the rest of the programme and, I hope, the entire series.

And so it begins - headlong we plunge, headlong into the very maw of folly. Gasp! as Justin has a fight with the tall scary bloke from Fargo. Coo! as Justin bonds with the absurdly cute female prison doctor! Cry! as the governor begs Justin to help him construct a matchstick model of the Taj Mahal for his 40th wedding anniversary!

I'm not making this up. All of this happens in the pilot episode. It's like they took a two-year-old to see The Shawshank Redemption, asked him to recount the plot three weeks later, wrote down everything he said, and filmed it. It's flabbergasting.

Got the stomach for it? Then tuck in. But tread lightly. Because Prison Break is so astronomically dumb it could genuinely damage your brain.

Offline Sabbi yypia

• Too classy by far for this place
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 07:55:00 pm »
Watched the first one tonight - seemed ok and as I've fallen deeply in love with Michael.....  I shall stick with it  :D

::)

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 08:19:16 pm »
Watched them all over in America and was truely pissed at the 'ending' and got to wait until March, not impressed but a great show.

Some quality scenes in it - the toe cutting bit isnt too nice!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 08:37:56 pm »
Repeat tonight at 11 for those of us that missed it.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 09:47:20 pm »
Watched this last night and thought it had potential.  Looks ok.

Also the Prison Doctor just happens to be a stunner, as if that would happen eh?

Funny you should say that, you must have been eyeing up the doctor round the same time that I was eyeing up the patient ;)

Did anyone see supernaturals (or something similar) after it?  Is that repeated?

RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 10:30:23 pm »
::)

You migth scoff m'dear, but tis true love.  Well ok, sheer lust then.

Funny you should say that, you must have been eyeing up the doctor round the same time that I was eyeing up the patient ;)

What great taste you have Chris   ;D

I'm going to have to watch it again
CHANNEL 5 AT 11PM TONIGHT
Never give up

Offline Athers

• Kopite
  • misunderstood
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 12:54:57 am »
:-\ what makes it even worse, is the fact that this series of Prison Break only has like 15 episodes, so they show 13 and then break for what, 4 months or somethin, and then show the final 2? wtf are they on?

According to this it's 22 episodes http://www.tv.com/prison-break/show/31635/summary.html

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 01:57:16 am »
According to this it's 22 episodes http://www.tv.com/prison-break/show/31635/summary.html

;D well I'm not gonna complain, can't remember where I read it was 15, do wonder how they're gonna string this out to 22 though.

I remember reading there was plans for a second series, maybe they've altered that to one?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 01:51:55 pm »
I haven't got time to watch this to be honest. I think I'll just wait for the episodes with Holly Valance in :lickin

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 04:39:53 pm »
Watched it onmy SKY+ last night. Very impressed.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 05:07:57 pm »
I haven't got time to watch this to be honest. I think I'll just wait for the episodes with Holly Valance in :lickin
She works in a lapdancing club.  Saw a quality vid of her in it the other day :lickin!!!

YNWA

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 08:27:04 pm »
Tonight at 10, Channel 5  ;)
Never give up

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:03 pm »
Tonight at 10, Channel 5  ;)

I set the reminder a few hours ago....  ;)
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2006, 09:24:52 pm »
I havent forgotten this week either. 

What delights await poor Michael this week?  :'(
Never give up

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2006, 09:59:07 pm »
Did the toe go last week?

RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2006, 10:06:55 pm »
Didn't it end just before we found out?

I nearly vomited.

Will start tonight's episode in about 20 minutes methinks.

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2006, 10:07:05 pm »

How dedicated are actors now days?  I wouldn't sacrifice my toe for work...
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2006, 11:29:23 pm »

Yes, but it turned up again later tonight, packaged up nicely

He nearly lost something else too tonight....
Never give up

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 7, 2006, 10:26:07 am »

Yeah, Kris was gutted.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 07:47:40 pm »
Watched the re-runs Friday.

Never watched it before and all I can say is, brilliant programme.

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 05:19:58 pm »
Watched the re-runs Friday.

Never watched it before and all I can say is, brilliant programme.

same here mate, i watched them for the first time last friday, thought it was quality, how long do ya reckon them tatts would've took if they were real?

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 01:54:49 am »
I was VERY surprised too NOT hear any swearing.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 01:56:07 am »
Its a class prog, i watched the repeats on Friday night i had never seen it before, Its fookin class.

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 02:07:46 pm »
the two who play lincoln and mike were both born in england as well!

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 11:19:22 pm »
thought tonights was a crackin episode and then they give it the old, to be continued, so we've got to wait a week!

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 12:24:36 am »
Fucking annoying that was!

Great episode. The fella that's on death row has been lead somewhere coz that's the man who we were told to keep an eye on his wrist at the start. And his words were "*Insert name here* is a deadman"

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 12:12:18 pm »
but you just get the feeling mike or somebody else will rescue him in the nick of time, what's the betting mike ends up shaggin the doctor??

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 01:05:09 pm »
that's the man who we were told to keep an eye on his wrist at the start.
Why did they do that? Very strange. They must have had some feedback that nobody knew he was in danger, 'cos they didn't spot the wrist band.

Offline Dingle2006

• Boys Pen
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 03:34:01 pm »
Cant wait for this next week ;D

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 06:28:31 pm »
Cant wait for this next week ;D
I suggest you do, otherwise you'll miss it.