Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543801 times)

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #1080 on: July 13, 2014, 11:42:55 pm »
If Luis Suarez had played for Argentina instead of Mesi they would have been the world champions...

I'm sorry, I thought you weren't allowed to post here in the middle of your transfer request to barca forums.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1081 on: July 13, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
I'm sorry, I thought you weren't allowed to post here in the middle of your transfer request to barca forums.

He shouldn't be allowed to partake in any forum related activity for 4 months
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1082 on: July 14, 2014, 12:01:39 am »
He shouldn't be allowed to partake in any forum related activity for 4 months

Think Kenny and Souness might still be ahead of him. He's almost certainly the best all rounder though.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: July 14, 2014, 01:20:45 am »
I hope you dont have this attitude on the Barca forum mate.
I would never be a Barcelona fan...so...you will always find me in this site.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #1084 on: July 14, 2014, 07:29:13 am »
Thanks for the memories Luis you crazy bastard. I've rooted for you, and you'll always have a spot in my heart. That being said, don't be offended when we win the league without you.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: July 14, 2014, 09:48:21 am »
I have told many times to all of you that i am not Luis.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1086 on: July 14, 2014, 09:52:40 am »
That has just become my favourite quote on RAWK, ever.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: July 14, 2014, 10:07:23 am »
I wonder what would happen if Luis come to Anfield to say good bye to all of you.
Would you be nice or tell him to piss off?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:10:34 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1088 on: July 14, 2014, 10:07:44 am »

Would have been awesome if you were. I would have liked Suarez to post on this forum. From now on I will assume you are Luis Suarez undercover:)

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:00 am »
I wonder what would happen if Luis come to Liverpool to say good bye to all of you.

I have no hard feelings towards Luis. Will miss him though. Would have been nice.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:42 am »
I wonder what would happen if Luis come to Liverpool to say good bye to all of you.

When Luis returns to Anfield with Barcelona, he will get a good reception, I'm sure. And once they've been properly beaten, he'll get a good round of applause as he leaves the pitch.

We are usually very generous to ex-players, especially those that gave every effort when they were in red. There's no need for any rancour in my view.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:02 am »

I dont think many fans will be telling him to piss off. Last summer definitely but this summer is different. We always knew he would leave and he leaves after giving his all in a great season. He leaves on good terms.

At the same time nobody needs to mourn his loss. I have already forgotten about him.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:13 am »
I have no hard feelings towards Luis. Will miss him though. Would have been nice.
That is nice Rafael.
Cheers. :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1093 on: July 14, 2014, 10:17:02 am »

Even after he pulled your hair?

I dont think many fans will be telling him to piss off. Last summer definitely but this summer is different. We always knew he would leave and he leaves after giving his all in a great season. He leaves on good terms.

At the same time nobody needs to mourn his loss. I have already forgotten about him.

Agree with this really. Whether it's a case of being burned before, or just accepting that a South American is going to want to finish his career at a big Spanish club and not Liverpool but I'm not so bothered this time. Gutted to be losing a great player of course, but I'll remember the outrageous moments fondly and wish him well in the future.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: July 14, 2014, 10:22:10 am »
Pulled my hair? What do you mean?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:56 am »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: July 14, 2014, 11:23:33 am »
Yeah, I probably have to change my nickname. It`s sort of meant as a reference to Rafa Benitez, but.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1097 on: July 14, 2014, 11:59:09 am »
I wonder what would happen if Luis come to Anfield to say good bye to all of you.

Despite there being side to me who wants him to fail (at least in the short term) so he realises what he has left if he comes to watch a match, we'll welcome him with open arms. The ones who come back tend to have at least some genuine feelings for Liverpool (even if they may have a bigger affection for another club).

If he comes back with Barca, he'll get applause before and after the game, but probably nothing inbetween.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: July 14, 2014, 12:05:59 pm »
I remember watching Luis for the first time at the previous World Cup four years ago. He was magnificent. He stood out for his tenacity, personality and ability on the pitch, and the ridiculous off-pitch celebration at the infamous Ghana penalty miss put him in the spotlight. Exactly four years on, and what a four years it's been: from saying goodbye to Torres on a tense, emotional deadline day in January 2011, the Suarez fairytale began with him pulling that number 7 shirt on on his debut and (luckily!) rolling the ball over the line to seal a 2-0 home win against Stoke. Since then, we've seen him go from special talent, to mired in utterly stupid controversy - at which the press and much of the population of Britain showed their true colours - to displaying truly legendary ability on the football pitch. At the end of it all, his departure wasn't the angry divorce it threatened to be, but instead a rather predictable big money move to Spain, with little in the way of resistance from the club or the fans. I wish Luis and his family the best of luck, and his ability remains the most talented and gifted out of any player I've ever watched in red. He is a special, spectacular player.

This just saved me half an hour of my life and the few remaining brain cells I have can rest a while. Well put.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1099 on: July 14, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »
I remember watching Luis for the first time at the previous World Cup four years ago. He was magnificent. He stood out for his tenacity, personality and ability on the pitch, and the ridiculous off-pitch celebration at the infamous Ghana penalty miss put him in the spotlight. Exactly four years on, and what a four years it's been: from saying goodbye to Torres on a tense, emotional deadline day in January 2011, the Suarez fairytale began with him pulling that number 7 shirt on on his debut and (luckily!) rolling the ball over the line to seal a 2-0 home win against Stoke. Since then, we've seen him go from special talent, to mired in utterly stupid controversy - at which the press and much of the population of Britain showed their true colours - to displaying truly legendary ability on the football pitch. At the end of it all, his departure wasn't the angry divorce it threatened to be, but instead a rather predictable big money move to Spain, with little in the way of resistance from the club or the fans. I wish Luis and his family the best of luck, and his ability remains the most talented and gifted out of any player I've ever watched in red. He is a special, spectacular player.

In the shell of a nut. Excellent post mate
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1100 on: July 14, 2014, 12:20:05 pm »
Only 28 pages for arguably the most talented player Liverpool have ever had. That's the legacy Suarez leaves behind. A footnote rather than a legend.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »
Only 28 pages for arguably the most talented player Liverpool have ever had. That's the legacy Suarez leaves behind. A footnote rather than a legend.
I think we exhausted our goodbyes in the previous threads before he actually left.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #1102 on: July 14, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
Bye Luis, you madman

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:49 pm »
If Luis Suarez had played for Argentina instead of Mesi they would have been the world champions...

Completely agree.

Also, if Messi had Suarez's mentality he'd be the greatest player in the history of football.

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1104 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:40 pm »
This has probably been shared on here already, one more time wouldn't hurt. Gave me goosebumps.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg</a>

:'(

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #1105 on: July 14, 2014, 01:02:43 pm »
Don't get why people are being so hard on Uruguayan36? He's mental, but Suarez has gone and he's still sticking around here! For me, he's one of us too!

And if Suarez ever returns to Anfield, I hope we show him how much we appreciated his time here. For all the difficult moments, for all the controversy, he produced some of the most unbelievable moments of brilliance that I've ever witnessed as a Liverpool supporter, and a football lover.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: July 14, 2014, 01:10:34 pm »
This has probably been shared on here already, one more time wouldn't hurt. Gave me goosebumps.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg</a>

:'(

Some tears in my eyes watching that. Greatest player I have ever seen in a red shirt.

Offline MacAttack

• Main Stander
« Reply #1107 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:49 pm »
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/07/bitten-twice-shy-suarezs-departure-still-leaves-hope-hearts/

A week or so before Suarez’s departure was officially announced, all the major news outlets reported that the Uruguayan’s lucrative move to Barcelona was near completion.

This was it, the moment when speculation turned into reality. Liverpool Football Club was losing its best player.

Surely the fans would be heartbroken; devastated? Perhaps even angry at the club for handing over our 30 goal a season striker so seamlessly? I checked all social media and online platforms for a glimpse into the supporter’s reaction, with an anxious draw of breath.

I was right, fans were in uproar. Anger, depression and confusion about the club’s shocking behaviour in the transfer market were rife. Fans were calling for heads, rival fans sniggered and despair ran rampant.

But they weren’t talking about Luis Suarez. Oh no, they were talking about a player which the same newspapers had also linked to the club during the that evening – Ryan Bertrand.

Yes, that’s right. The fans were more annoyed at the possibility of the club purchasing a cheap left back than losing their biggest star; their talisman.

At first, I was bemused by the almost apathetic attitude the fans were showing towards Suarez. But in truth, I felt the same, I really wasn’t too upset. Once it became apparent that the club wanted to do business with Barcelona I accepted almost instantly that the Uruguayan would be off and started thinking about replacements. There was no delusion that the move would somehow fall through or any feeling of malice towards Suarez himself.

Whilst pondering over this strange indifference, I caught a glimpse of my signed picture of Fernando Torres which I still have on my shelf.

When I was at university, I had once left my room unlocked over a weekend – a fatal mistake as I’m sure you’re aware – just after Torres had broken Liverpool hearts and left for Chelsea on the Winter Deadline Day of 2011. Of course, once I had returned I was greeted with a crudely printed-off Chelsea shirt glued and slapped onto by beloved picture of Torres. Despite my melancholy state, I couldn’t help but smile.

The royal blue shirt still remains on Fernando to this day, both on my shelf and in reality. It serves almost as a reminder to never get too attached to players, as loyalty is all too rare in contemporary football.

Football - FA Premier League - Liverpool FC v Everton FC

While the picture acts as a physical memento of this lesson, I feel as if an intangible impression has been left on most after Torres’ departure, at least for the younger generation. After investing so much emotion into the player and ultimately being betrayed, I felt somewhat numbed when it came to Luis Suarez.

Once bitten, twice shy you could say – ignoring the obvious Suarez pun.

Even during the highest moments, when the Uruguayan was scoring past defences for fun, I never let myself get swept away with the same admiration.  When Luis threw the proverbial toys out of the pram last summer, I was more annoyed by the level of disrespect he was showing the club rather than getting emotionally affected by the possibility of his departure. When Luis, like a certain Spaniard, announced his love for the club and city, I took it with a pinch of salt.

It may seem cold, but football is a business and players have a right to build their own careers. Only the likes of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher could you hang your hat on and know that they will stick around, through thick and thin.

As well as this lesson in emotional involvement within the microcosm of football, there are several contextual differences which explain the difference in mood between the two departures.

Torres left in the dying moments of a transfer window in the middle of a torrid season under Roy Hodgson and near bankruptcy, to a club which rivalled our ambitions at the time. It was all dramatic and last-minute. Suarez, meanwhile, gave us a hefty clue last summer that he was likely to leave to Spain at some point, so there isn’t the same element of shock that existed that winter. Most felt bitter and betrayed by Torres’ departure.

This is manifested by the club statements on the two departures.

There is also more stability, a manager who is the right fit for the club, who has a clear and concise vision of how he wants the team to play. Fenway Sports Group, now three years matured, have displayed the intent to facilitate squad investment throughout their tenure. Supporters are confident that the revenue received from the Suarez deal will be spent on additions to the team.

Champions League football is also a huge cause of optimism. Now that the club is back to playing in the most sought-after competition in world football, the calibre and quality of players in which the club can attract is the highest it has been in years. When Torres departed, only Andy Carroll was a realistic option to replace the Spaniard.

The club is also fortunate to have Daniel Sturridge, the league’s second most effective striker. With defensive reinforcements and improved team cohesion, there is no reason why the team cannot score enough goals to maintain their place in the Champions League.

There’s much more reason to be optimistic than when Torres left that fateful window and the future looks bright, even without Suarez. The Uruguayan may have left but another will shine in his place and the spiral will continue, the club will forever remain the powerhouse it’s always been.

The words of Kenny Dalglish uttered after Torres’ departure still ring true to this day:

“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club. The most important people at the club are the ones who want to be here”

So all the best Luis, here’s hoping that your career goes in a better direction than your predecessor. Either way, we’re looking forward to next season.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1108 on: July 14, 2014, 01:30:33 pm »
Now he's gone to Barca, people will finally start to admit that he's better than Ronaldo and Messi.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1109 on: July 14, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »
Now he's gone to Barca, people will finally start to admit that he's better than Ronaldo and Messi.

I don't think he's better than either of those to be fair. Definitely have him over anyone else though.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:35 pm »
2 big differences between Torres and Suarez

1) The Torres move came completely out of the blue. It is the only huge transfer that was completeted so quickly. All the other moves were preceded by months of rumors, updates, negotiations etc... The Torres move was so fast (3 days from first whisper to completion) it was absolutely shocking.

2) Suarez didn't move to a rival.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: July 14, 2014, 01:34:43 pm »
I would never be a Barcelona fan...so...you will always find me in this site.

Good man, if only footballers were as loyal you!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1112 on: July 14, 2014, 01:35:55 pm »
I don't think he's better than either of those to be fair. Definitely have him over anyone else though.
In all honesty, I don't really think he's better than either, but he'll post up similar numbers, if he's not asked to completely subvert his game for Messi's sake. Post was slightly tongue in cheek. I don't think it's a case of Messi and Ronaldo then the rest though. I think it's Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez then the rest.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: July 14, 2014, 01:39:57 pm »

Thats harsh. Look at how many pages Torres got when he left, you dont judge a players contribution by the number of pages writen about them when they leave.

He is like you say the most tallented player we ever had and I totally agree with you there, and for that alone when you consider the great players we have been lucky to see, he will be remembered as a legend.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:43 pm »
There's only so many times a person can say how much they'll miss him, thank you for memories etc.

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #1115 on: July 14, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »
Great player, best i've ever seen in person. But should we not be a little angry in the manner in which he left?
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »
Great player, best i've ever seen in person. But should we not be a little angry in the manner in which he left?

In what way, Barca offered 75m we accepted, he left?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: July 14, 2014, 02:33:33 pm »
I don't think so mate, the club made no fuss. It was a clean deal with us getting something like our asking price I expect.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: July 14, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »
Blatter on Suarez: "I do hope he will be back, he is now at one of the greatest clubs in the world"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: July 14, 2014, 03:49:55 pm »
Blatter on Suarez: "I do hope (Barca pay me lots of money to ensure) he will be back, he is now at one of the greatest richest clubs in the world"