Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 100809 times)

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »
YES!

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2011, 08:30:49 pm »
I love this trailer because it has got me massively excited for a film without spoiling anything about the plot. Don't see that in trailers at all these days.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2011, 08:33:13 pm »
yeah i dont watch any trailers for that reason. this is a teaser though.... the spoiler one will be out in feb :P 

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »
I love this trailer because it has got me massively excited for a film without spoiling anything about the plot. Don't see that in trailers at all these days.
Well, it's only a teaser. We'll get spoiled in due course no doubt.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
Just watching it again in HD, noticed a couple of intriguing things: what is that on the table at 34 seconds?! And is that the actual Space Jockey standing to the right of the revolving chair at 44 seconds?

It's been a great week for trailers.

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »
holy shit balls! that looks ace!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2011, 10:51:23 pm »
Is this film a 1 or 2 parter? Sure I read it was a 2 parter initially?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05:54 pm »

What a cast Idris Elba is in there too.

Watch in HD here, can just tell this film is going to be boss

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »
Looks really really good!

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »
I hope Fox decide to go with the Ridley's R rated cut of the film
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »
I hope Fox decide to go with the Ridley's R rated cut of the film

Like. Fuck.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »
I will now prepare myself for a barrage of abuse....

But....

What was so good about the alien films?

Never really enjoyed them myself......
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2011, 11:27:49 pm »
Excellent trailer. Looks like a stunner visually.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2011, 11:30:27 pm »

But....

Depends how old you are really.

I'm in my 40s and when Alien came out it was talked about in hushed tones. Rumours abounded that people had fainted, been taken to hospital and vomited everywhere seeing it. It was before the days of even videos - so you could see it in the pictures and that was it (Maybe other richer people had a video but we didn't). I bought the book and read it a lot. Eventually it came on the telly, but by then I'd bought several books about the making and the soundtrack. Was astonished when I saw it.

The second was an all-action affair with a totally different slant and worked well.

III was a good idea, but didn't quite work for me. IV again had good ideas, but didn't quite flow.

This new film will be going back to the roots of the first. It was an astonishing work. Pretty much every button in the 'Nostromo' worked. When you opened a door - you really opened a door with the button. When you turned a monitor on - YOU did it - not a tech. This attention to absolute detail was the amazing thing about Alien.

And the Horror in space when Science Fiction was either all action or as cheesy as fuck was brilliant. It broke the mold. Ridley Scott is an astonishing director.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:04 pm »

But....

The original was ahead of its time. It also set the benchmark which horror films and sci-fi/thrillers borrowed heavily from after. The alien itself was nothing like what had been seen before. It's arguably the best design for a monster-in-the-closet style creature that's ever been created IMO. When you think of something alien, then the Xenomorph design couldn't look any better. Everything about it is just so, well, alien. Instead of the usual humanoid-looking, or tentacle-clad B-movie style creatures of the 50's and 60's, this thing popped out of people's chests, had razor sharp teeth, a snapping mouth with more teeth for a tongue, and acid for blood.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:46 pm »
Like. Fuck.

Stop ruining my dreams, gaybo.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2011, 11:46:00 pm »
Said it before, but the original Alien is  one of the best examples of how awesome Blurays are. It looks incredible, the detail and depth that comes through in the design of the Nostromo is beautiful in places. Brilliant use of sound as well.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2011, 11:49:49 pm »
Said it before, but the original Alien is  one of the best examples of how awesome Blurays are. It looks incredible, the detail and depth that comes through in the design of the Nostromo is beautiful in places. Brilliant use of sound as well.

Getting it as a present on Sunday I hope, so will be watching that late on Christmas Day.

What I love about the original is that it's still one of THE most atmospheric movies of all time. It stands up brilliantly, and it's almost as if someone like Kubrick could have written it, it's so perfectly eerie. You genuinely feel like you're lost out there in space with something truly horrible.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2011, 11:53:40 pm »
Depends how old you are really.

I'm in my 40s and when Alien came out it was talked about in hushed tones. Rumours abounded that people had fainted, been taken to hospital and vomited everywhere seeing it. It was before the days of even videos - so you could see it in the pictures and that was it (Maybe other richer people had a video but we didn't). I bought the book and read it a lot. Eventually it came on the telly, but by then I'd bought several books about the making and the soundtrack. Was astonished when I saw it.

The second was an all-action affair with a totally different slant and worked well.

III was a good idea, but didn't quite work for me. IV again had good ideas, but didn't quite flow.

This new film will be going back to the roots of the first. It was an astonishing work. Pretty much every button in the 'Nostromo' worked. When you opened a door - you really opened a door with the button. When you turned a monitor on - YOU did it - not a tech. This attention to absolute detail was the amazing thing about Alien.

And the Horror in space when Science Fiction was either all action or as cheesy as fuck was brilliant. It broke the mold. Ridley Scott is an astonishing director.
you're only a few years older than me, but I don't get the appeal of the Alien films, like the poster you replied to. Having said that, I've seen the four, plus the two AvP films and want to see this. They are films I really want to like, I just don't.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:43 pm »
Like. Fuck.

theres some pretty gory stuff in it. heads getting squashed, etc.

so its possible.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »
theres some pretty gory stuff in it. heads getting squashed, etc.

so its possible.
nope, not until an unrated DVD. There's profit to be had.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2011, 11:59:07 pm »
nope, not until an unrated DVD. There's profit to be had.

well yeah. there will be a theatrical version then a proper one. but the footage is there for an 18 version anyway...

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2011, 01:13:18 am »

But....

I saw the original Alien about a week after it came out in the theater. Scary as hell when you didn't know what was about to happen. When the you know what burst out of you know who, everyone in the theater jumped about two feet out of their seats and screamed. :o

Now people know everything about it and its sequels so they don't seem so scary.

Loved this new trailer. Looking forward to it.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:12 am »
I was born in Russia, and lived there until 92, so we didn't really get a lot of American films.

We saw the first Alien in the theatres when I was maybe 6 and I obviously had all the associated nightmares and all, but the series stuck and has become my mum's and mine favorite since then. We went to see Ressurection in the theatre too and hated it, but the first two are classics. I remember drawing the iconic scene where Ripley is cradling the cat cage and the Alien is right around the corner from the first film in 6th grade art class.

My teacher was more than a bit spooked.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:17 am »
Why Alien 3 gets slated I will never know. Absolutely it's not as good as the first two, not in any way, but that's not anything to be ashamed of, is it?

Watch Alien 3 on it's own, try to imagine it as a stand alone movie, and it's better than most sci-fi horror out there by a distance.

The 4th is fucking terrible though.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2011, 02:02:10 am »
Why Alien 3 gets slated I will never know. Absolutely it's not as good as the first two, not in any way, but that's not anything to be ashamed of, is it?

Watch Alien 3 on it's own, try to imagine it as a stand alone movie, and it's better than most sci-fi horror out there by a distance.

Exactly how I feel about them.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2011, 05:46:41 am »
Alien is a movie I wish I could erase all memory of and watch again. By the time I saw it, I knew too much of it. So I watched it and the alien was less scary, and I'd been doing chestburster impressions with my jumpers for years. If I could wipe all of that out, and just watch it like I'd never even heard of it before, I bet it'd be the best horror I've ever seen.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2011, 11:51:34 am »

Agree with III not being as bad as people said and it brought a few new things to the party like the Alien injected actually being a parasite of DNA and adapting to the life form it had invaded - somewhat like the Thing in the way it made itself 'like a dog' from the dog DNA.

Again IV wasn't as bad as people made out - some bits didn't work, but other bits were really good.

The ending in IV was a load of cocky pop though.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2011, 12:05:03 pm »
visually i quite like 4 and jeunets style. but the plot is all manners of horseshit

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »

But....

BUUURRNNNN HIIIIMMMM!!  ;D

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »
I love Alien 3, but the scrapped 'wooden planet' version would have been something astonishing. (http://vincentwardfilms.com/concepts/alien-3/unrequited-visio/)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »
This trailer looks fantastic, really fantastic. I'm properly geeking out over this. Its full fat Ridley Scott and it looks amazing. 2012 could a brilliant year for sci-fi and genre cinema, its certainly a major year in terms of releases. The year I get married too.

Happy Christmas!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »
Alien is a movie I wish I could erase all memory of and watch again. By the time I saw it, I knew too much of it. So I watched it and the alien was less scary, and I'd been doing chestburster impressions with my jumpers for years. If I could wipe all of that out, and just watch it like I'd never even heard of it before, I bet it'd be the best horror I've ever seen.
I know what you mean. I was spellbound when I first watched it and remain spellbound each time ever since.

Have you ever read the book version of 'Alien'?? I read it long after I'd seen the film several times and it still proper shit me right up, it's creepy as fuck...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
BUUURRNNNN HIIIIMMMM!!  ;D
I'm on it!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2011, 01:00:18 pm »
What a cast Idris Elba is in there too.

Watch in HD here, can just tell this film is going to be boss

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/
Dude. Noomi Rapace. Nuff said *swoon!*

And as for the trailer....just wow....!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:25 pm »

The HD trailer is stunning, just watched it again now.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2011, 02:11:19 pm »

Frame by frame breakdown of the trailer with some things you might have missed like, who is that man?

http://io9.com/5870560/frame+by+frame-breakdown-of-the-prometheus-trailer-who-is-that-man/gallery/1

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:00 pm »
thats the space jockey

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »

Sex. Wee.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2011, 02:40:02 pm »

The Fassbender studies alien jelly still looks like it's being pulled out of one of the stone jars (? the pegs ?) from the stone faced room.

Doesn't look much like jelly to me but more like a pair of legs(or perhaps arms pointing up) with toe like things tipped with claws on the end. Perhaps a slow reveal to an embryonic head of a critter about to happen?

It's all looking good.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)